Page Splits 123>...4
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Just announced on the Namco Sugamo Cup stream by Katsuhiro Harada, the location test for the new Tekken 7 will be held in Japanese arcades in October next month. On the 3rd, 4th and 5th of October, Namco Sugamo arcade in Tokyo and the Namco Nipponbashi arcade in Osaka will house Tekken 7 cabinets and allow people to play the new game on free play mode. Tekken 7 will include the ability to play against opponents locally in the arcade and also online against other players at different arcades through the internet. Players at the arcades will also be able to collect special designer banapass cards with the Tekken 7 render of Kazuya & Heihachi. You can look forward to camera video uploads and maybe a possible niconico stream of Tekken 7 in October.

Last edited by Flying Wonkey on Sep 14th, 2014 at 10:05

Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
Flying Wonkey
TONDE TONDE TONDE
PSN: FlyingWonkey
Ruehlman
Berserker
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Awesome news, and so soon!

Okay, I don't know anything about location tests but will the majority of the final roster be playable? I'm really hoping to see some Nina footage.

Thank you, cannot wait!
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
PSN: Jordyce
#4 “Quote” Edit Post

Get hype.
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I wonder how many characters will be playable!

I want to get a look at that character select screen.

Not surprising that Japan gets everything before everyone else. Still, good news. Tekken 7 is slowly moving closer to a North American release.
LuckyDaniel
6th Dan
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
This was a lot sooner than expected. Can't wait

I also noticed the image hidden in the flames behind Kazuya and Hei

Now who could that be? hmmm...........
SSfox
Foxstepman
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
The one behind Kazuya and Heihachi must be the Devil form of Kazumi.
iwao
War Lord
PSN: DynamicSun
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SSfox
The one behind Kazuya and Heihachi must be the Devil form of Kazumi.

Exactly.

I mean it looks like her.
Signature Get ready for the next battle!
Hades Drops
Dragon Lord
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
feels rushed
WoobiE
4th Dan
PSN: Xeroxidous
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
That was quick, from announcement to location testing already. I am guessing the team kept old high poly charterer renders from developing TTT2 and then used them again to make the characters for T7. That is the only logical way I see the team getting things done this quick.
Definitely looks like devil firm Kazumi in the background. Getting hyped, hope it will return to old school Tekken.
Mocat
Warrior
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Looks like i'm going to Japan :p
Signature Koko kara wa...kaereru to omou na. Jigoku e ochiro!
PhantomXD
Raijin
PSN: PhantomXD
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
this is awesome. honestly people have no reason to be mad or say this is rushed because its far from rushed. T6.0 came out in 2008, T6BR in 2009 as well as the console port. 2 years later we have TTT2 in 2011. Even the announcement of TTT2 was in 2010, BUT it was 2 years after T6.0. So honestly everything adds up. Namco just announced T7 late in a way. Plus the Unreal engine is easy to use and with the talent thier at Namco, I'd expect them to have something to show. This is great. I can't wait to see gameplay.
Signature &
StudBuddha
#ANNAISBACK
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by PhantomXD
this is awesome. honestly people have no reason to be mad or say this is rushed because its far from rushed. T6.0 came out in 2008, T6BR in 2009 as well as the console port. 2 years later we have TTT2 in 2011. Even the announcement of TTT2 was in 2010, BUT it was 2 years after T6.0. So honestly everything adds up. Namco just announced T7 late in a way. Plus the Unreal engine is easy to use and with the talent thier at Namco, I'd expect them to have something to show. This is great. I can't wait to see gameplay.
Exactly. And it's possible that they were working on Tekken 7 when Tekken Tag 2 was released back in 2012. I'm excited even if the only characters that are playable are Mishimas. Can't wait. KREYGASM!
Tofma
Dragon Lord
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
As far as I remember with tag2 we already had seen gameplay (The announcement trailer already had it) and we had seen most of the roster before any loketests happened. This time we only only know that Kazuya and Heihachi will probably be in (was there any official word about the playable roster?) and we haven't seen a single glimpse of gameplay at all. So it is definitely a little different from the previous games. Possibly just testing more how the game runs and stuff like that rather than tweaking balance or mechanics.

That thing behind Hei and Kaz is obviously the FemKazuya transformation that was shown in the announcement trailer
Signature
iwao
War Lord
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Okay so someone recorded the announcement. But can someone please translate it for us?

【鉄拳7】 ロケテスト発表 - Harada's Location Test Announcement (14/09/2014)
pulidretta
Virtuoso
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Just thank you so much, Mr. Harada. Looking forward to seeing the gameplay.
Signature I'm the king of the ironed sofa.
-speedkillz-
7th Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Hades Drops
feels rushed

Not really when you think about, The PS2 was released in 2000 and Tekken 4 Arcade came out 2001. The PS3 was released 2006 and Tekken 6 came out 2007 in Arcade
-speedkillz-
7th Dan
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by -speedkillz-
Not really when you think about, The PS2 was released in 2000 and Tekken 4 Arcade came out 2001. The PS3 was released 2006 and Tekken 6 came out 2007 in Arcade The arcade version of Tekken games has always had a relatively quick release in relative to the release of new consoles
Ruehlman
Berserker
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
According to Event Hubs the location tests will feature around 20 playable characters and use only 50% graphical power of the final game.
iwao
War Lord
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ruehlman
According to Event Hubs the location tests will feature around 20 playable characters and use only 50% graphical power of the final game.

DAMN... If it looks better than the last-gen Tekken games and is only 50 % of how the game will look like... So man... I can't wait for Tekken 7 then!!!

Edit: So this is the article...

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...ne-matchmaking/