T7 Jin Wishlist

Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Arkanisswow
1st Dan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
So now that T7 is officially announced I want to make a move wishlist. Let's be realistic, don't give him all of the Kazama ryu and Mishima Ryu movelist + GS. lets get some moves that would make jin a better overall character while not making him OP. S tier is fine, F tier is fine, God tier is not.

I'll start:
Main thing I want to see tested- Better bound move; either db2,3 as a 2 hit bind or df4 get a consistent/bigger hitbox.
To break this down, giving db2,3 B! properties would make him have a ch4 full combo (54 +ender so like 75) and cd4 would bind at 44dmg (in current state) which would be about 65dmg.
giving df4 a better hitbox would probably make his cd1>cd2>bf2,1>df4 B!>b3f,1,2 his execution heavy staple and Launch, b3f1, df4 would probably also be fairly consistent as well as other things (potentially the cd and ch4 combos as well). Either of these changes would bump him up quite a bit but in a solo game his power increase (especially from binding on cd4) will be limited compared to a tag system.

Second thing I want to see tested- cd1 non just frame 16+frames, -15 on block. Jf cd1 15f, -12 on block. change/take away d3+4 (in this instance can-cans is one of the Kazama moves I would consider adding to his arsenal).
I think that collectively this move would be more powerful than his current Can-cans + cd1 but not by much. right now he has cd1 as a whiff punisher for large moves and can-cans is his block punisher/close range whiff puni. combining these moves into a high skill oriented punisher would make his gameplay better, but not at lower/mid levels and with it being -12 it wouldn't be a spammable mid launcher (like say a mid Ewgf would be). Keep in mind the word tested above.

Third thing I want to see tested- cds1d go into zanshin cds
This is the change I know the least about as far as implications. I don't know what I would set the frame data to be (prolly -4, since current cds1 is -3 plus the d frame). This could open up really awesome combo potential (which might be bad) and it could make his pressure game interesting.
Brinstar
Expert
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Arkanisswow
Main thing I want to see tested- Better bound move;

I can agree with this but Jins poking game is so good that i forget that Jin would need an buffs to his bounds & everything else lol.

I just started picking up Jin and the only gripes i have with the character is that his combo damage is pretty bad(depending on which partner you have with him of course). As i mentioned before, his poking game really makes up for it though.
Signature Self Righteous Suicide
Sweeney
Berserker
PSN: DoDaDorya
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
The only thing I would really change is the hitbox on cancans in such a way that if the first hit connects, the second ALWAYS hits, as at tip range it uas a habit of randomly whiffing and the move is -19 on block, for that I expect consistency.
Signature Now Testify!
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
^I agree,plus make eCD+1 recover like 2 frames earlier so that its -10 and not -12
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
Sweeney
Berserker
PSN: DoDaDorya
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
-10 for a mid launcher with that range would be a little too good tbh. Modern Jin isn't as brainless as bob, lol.
Signature Now Testify!
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
ik,but i hope to see jin back at the top of the tier list again someday.So any changes that make him better but not op is welcome.
Signature

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
justinong65
War Lord
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
hmm let see, for me he is all rounded.
may be just a little bit of dmg in his solo combo without walls
that it for me
Signature A priestess taking advantage of people what a bitch.!!(Vice-Tactics Ogre Let us cling together)

At my command hell will be unleashed!!!
Arkanisswow
1st Dan
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Now that the t7 location test is over let's reevaluate this list.

With the introduction of tailspin bind and the removal of binds that spike on the ground we should be looking at moves that send flying like CDs 1,2 and 1,2,4 and possibly df1,4

I'm still interested in seeing the change to cd1, and making cds1d go to zanshin cds
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
CDS 1,2 can't logically cause the tailspin,though 1,2,4 or df+1,4 or even the standing 4 and EWHF can.
Signature

LegendaryDJ
4th Dan
PSN: LegendaryDJ
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
I just want Jin to keep Omen stance. No reason for it, but it's cool.
Damo420
5th Dan
PSN: Soon to be changed !
XBL: Luv Dat 420 << N/A !
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
All I would like to see is hop kick being changed to like it is on ch .. And most of all give jin his taunt charge after certain moves like he had in t6 .. I miss trolling with them then parrying wake up mid kicks to unleash god fist hell upon opponents lol
Signature Main Hwo/Steve Subs Jin/Kaz/Drag "Nina In Progess"
Nina's grabs are just so damn personal =) Like Drags 1+2 (takedown)
Nyrepose
Iron Fist God
XBL: Swictor
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Damo420
All I would like to see is hop kick being changed to like it is on ch ..

I kinda like his hopkick flaws, it's a clever way keep down his random juggling opportunities and makes people focus on his ground game. SS 123, D2 is so much cooler than SS, hopkick to boring combo. I think it takes more damage than his out of alignment hopkick staple b21, db223. And it's definitely safer than a hopkick.

For a buff, they could make his bf23 mid, mid, it feels kinda useless now even with the CH launcher abilities.
EnvyReborn
Champion
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
As dedicated I am to Jin, I would like for him to get minor buffs in Tekken 7,

Such as..

- Bigger hitboxes on his moves.
- Better tracking on his df+1.
- A safer d+4.
- Transition to ZEN with db+2,3~f.
- df+3,3 jails (?).
- b+2,1 is hit-confirmable. I know it's safe but it looks cool. Is less negative on block.
- d+3,3 is delay-able.

I can't think of anything else to add. I do fine with him in my opinion. I like working for my damage. I really think he's solid. Especially in TTT2.

And to the guy who said bf+2,3 is useless. http://youtu.be/4fVb2nXiU7w
Nyrepose
Iron Fist God
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EnvyReborn
And to the guy who said bf+2,3 is useless. http://youtu.be/4fVb2nXiU7w

Touché. I do use that myself sometimes, and as poking it isn't totally useless either, but as a mid-high mix-up for bf21 it would really make him absolute for me.

b21 is hit-confirmable though, I use it all the time because if it gets blocked I can bait the second hit and not get that -9 against me. Minor buff on recovery though is totally agreed on. -9 is harsh for that poke, regardless of how awesome it is.

Edit: A tad easier df14 hitconfirm. Way too tight for me.
EnvyReborn
Champion
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Nyrepose
Touché. I do use that myself sometimes, and as poking it isn't totally useless either, but as a mid-high mix-up for bf21 it would really make him absolute for me.

b21 is hit-confirmable though, I use it all the time because if it gets blocked I can bait the second hit and not get that -9 against me. Minor buff on recovery though is totally agreed on. -9 is harsh for that poke, regardless of how awesome it is.

Edit: A tad easier df14 hitconfirm. Way too tight for me.

b+2,1 being -9 makes no sense to me. It really screws up his momentum. Why should a move that's +2 have so much recovery on block? Stupid. Another option I would like for him to have is a counter move against those parry spamming whores who play Asuka. His f+2 sucks. And it's frustrating knowing she has different types of recovery on her reversal, which makes it hard to punish her. Maybe give him a mid kick followup to his b+3. The kick can look similar to his f+4. Nc, hit-conformable, and wallsplats. It can also knockdown for a guaranteed d+2. He needs more options. Also, how big would you like the window for df+1,4? I almost never have a problem confirming it.
Hades Drops
Dragon Lord
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
you must be like a god if you can HC df1,4. shit is retardly hard for me.

b2,1 it is how it is, still a decent move

b3 it is how it is and i don't really care. Jin is so strong already, i don't really want something specific added

oh man why do i feel that i will regret posting this
Nyrepose
Iron Fist God
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EnvyReborn
b+2,1 being -9 makes no sense to me. It really screws up his momentum. Why should a move that's +2 have so much recovery on block? Stupid. Another option I would like for him to have is a counter move against those parry spamming whores who play Asuka. His f+2 sucks. And it's frustrating knowing she has different types of recovery on her reversal, which makes it hard to punish her. Maybe give him a mid kick followup to his b+3. The kick can look similar to his f+4. Nc, hit-conformable, and wallsplats. It can also knockdown for a guaranteed d+2. He needs more options. Also, how big would you like the window for df+1,4? I almost never have a problem confirming it.

Well, I believe it's meant to be more of a whiff and long range punisher, rather than a poke. It's easy to fall to that move when you don't have any idea what to do. The recovery makes it to be a not brainless move. In T6 he had the old df1,4 for that, and I think they really want him to be a brainy character. But there's something with the frames and the lack of pushback. -8 and/or a small pushback would have been enough for me. Not out of reach of jabs, but with the ability to get away from a jab.

Just hellsweep her, chicken her, or get a b3 with a 50/50. I think the b3 to 50/50 is more than adequate, and Jin is really one of the characters in this game that's least concerned of options.

Oh well I suck, b2,1 is easier because it's safe, and I'm not afraid of that. But, on NH, the confirm is quite strict. I can only do a semi-confirm based on what the opponent is doing.

oh man why do i feel that i will regret posting this

Because.. well idunno.
I don't disagree, Jin's a bloody beast in this game, but the nostalgia of how easy the old df1,4 made things when I didn't know what to do makes buffing b2,1 really tempting. What I don't want is a Jin that is so buff that everyone suddenly knows how good he is and suddenly knows all my tricks. Same reason I don't want a regular launch hop-kick, that would just make everyone fear him, and I'm better at being the underdog, -making it only launch properly only on CH makes people want to use it as a hopkick should be: as a low crushing launcher causing CH. That sense of honesty makes me feel a bit better(because of the lack of bullshitting available), and a bit worse (because of the lack of bullshitting I end up doing) at playing tekken.
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
You dont get a CH if you crush something with hopkick tho, unless its a string .
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
Nyrepose
Iron Fist God
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah I know, but I tend to not know things and talk to much when I bring my iPad to bed.
Could be, if it's still active when it hits couldn't it?
Signature Ursus Arctos; when saying it once isn't enough.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
They should change Jin's b+1+2 to ub+1+2. Runitblack is right, whiffing a 1+2 throw is anti-Jin.