Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
FearTheBeard
1st Dan
PSN: SeyerJin
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Do you guys know any JFSR set ups?
The only half-way consistent one i got is ff+3 then JFSR

Also: I'm playing on a dualshock 3 ps3 controller and found an easy way for JFSR in Right Flamingo. Just tap df and then again df while pressing 4 at the same time. Works for me 9/10 times and I just found that out today. No need to go into neutral or slide from button to button. Just tap df and right after it again df+4!

Last edited by FearTheBeard on Apr 18th, 2014 at 00:11

Signature PS3 Online ID: Seyerjin
Bruce/Hwoarang Player Pugilist
Lost Focus
Kyu
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Hwoarangs flamingo jabs are +5 on block so I mostly do a JFSR after that, or if you want a uninterruptible JFSR you can do RFS d+4,4 which is +9 on block and leaves you in RFF but the last hit can be ducked.
Signature
FearTheBeard
1st Dan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
RFS d+4,4? Isn't d+4 the foot stomp? Will try tomorrow thanks!

And everybody else just post it if you know some other set ups. Hwoarang is gonna take over the world.
Lost Focus
Kyu
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
That's RFF d+4 you're talking about.
Signature
FearTheBeard
1st Dan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
ah damn yeah. thx. that move is well known though...like you said most people easily duck it. definetly a good set up though!
hwoarang_28
Virtuoso
PSN: HuntingHawk89
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
i usually do 1,1 JFSR most people expect 1,1,3,3 and duck to avoid the low
Lost Focus
Kyu
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
You can probably trick your opponent to not ducking the RFS d+4,4 if you do RFS d+4,3.
Signature
FearTheBeard
1st Dan
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah...but let's net fade off into deeper mind games and stay with the safe/probable set ups
3L1
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by FearTheBeard
Yeah...but let's net fade off into deeper mind games and stay with the safe/probable set ups

But... but I only know unsafe, improbable setups!
FearTheBeard
1st Dan
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Haha...Well crap. I guess that's something Hwoarang players have to live with. If you really have some then just share em'. Ignore my previous statement
static
4th Dan
PSN: ShredTalonX
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys, I thought I'd share one of my JFSR setups.it's kind of risky, it's still all mind games but the fun is in setting up the JFSR trap right? The setup is RF 1,2 into JFSR.I like to use this after a lot of d3,4 and the 1 is there to discourage them from duck jabbing.

It relies heavily on the flamingo pressure .but after the 1,2 i've found that lot of players just want to duck..probably predicting d3,4 again and launch punish but then the JFSR comes out of nowhere.This works especially well at the wall, but again, it relies on how you pressure.

I've recorded a crappy video of me doing this in real matches(sorry for the quality, i dont have a capture card)

JFSR setup

Hope you guys like it.Let me know if there are better setups for JFSR..would love to try it out
bohnensuppe
Iron Fist God
PSN: bohne2000
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
hmm yeah but as u said its very risky you will get CH also its easy to SS...JFSR is best for whiff punishing imo but if it works for you its great.
Doing JFSR from bd ss sw and whiffpunish is the best setup for it imo like poking with db3 backdash check how they react and punish JFSR any whiff
Signature EXCELLENCE is the result of caring more than others think is wise; risking more than others think is safe; dreaming more than others think is practical; and expecting more than others think is possible.

static
4th Dan
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Yup, you're certainly right.It's best used as a whiff punishing tool and that's what i mainly use it for, but there are instances where you can bait the opponent to do what you want and the flamingo mixups are great to lead the opponent to the trap.

If person likes to duck jab when im stringing, i will go for hunting hawk or UF3+4 and i would bait them again.with people who just like to duck and are fishing for a ws2 or 4 or just want the strings to stop...this setup usually works..like i said earlier its all in the way the person pressures.
Signature http://www.youtube.com/user/joesamuelx/videos
xTrickster
Warrior
PSN: iTRLCKSTER
XBL: Nope.
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Um...

Recently I've started to Side Step into JSFR after throwing out SS+4 a handful of times in the match.

Think about it.

If you throw SS+4 out enough, a few people start blocking low once they see you Side Stepping. They react to the Side Step, to anticipate the low.
Then let's say during the final round, you Side Step. Your opponent reacts, expecting a SS+4 but they get hit by a JFSR instead.
static
4th Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys, now that I do have a capture card, i made an updated video of the setup that i use.Here you go.

JFSR setup
Signature http://www.youtube.com/user/joesamuelx/videos