Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Dramatix
Expert
XBL: WeirdHoodie
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
A how-to thread on punishing various characters with Asuka. I've done the same with Anna but Asuka was the first character I've started writing guides for. However, please any incorrect/unclear information for punishing the Williams. Those were my first two guides written and I didn't really go into uber-detail as I did for Feng and the Anna vs Lili matchups.

Completed Guides Thus Far:
Anna Williams
Feng Wei
Nina Williams
Signature "You are so basic, I can't even determine your level on a pH scale."
Brash Heroine Punishment Thread.
Scarlet Punishment Thread.
Lukmendes
Tier Whore
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
1,1 and 1,3 are not NC strings, so the second hit of each isn't garantheed.

If you get the chance of sidesteping something, if possible, instead of using 3,1 better try to use 1+2, but follow it up with 1+4 instead of d/b+4,3 because opponent will be off axis, so using d/b+4,3 2,1, 1+2 won't work.

Asuka's reversal isn't a garantheed "punish" because it can be chickened out, she does however have a punch parry which might be able to be used to punish punch strings.

"db+4,3 - l,l: Crouch cancel after the first hit and punish with uf+4. For db+4,4 (l,m), punish with uf+4 on block." Not necessary to crouch cancel as any attack with an u, u/f or u/b input already does so (Unless you meant to crouch cancel it into 1+2 or f+2).
Signature I'll change this signature when I get bored of it (started on december 14th, 2013)
Dramatix
Expert
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Lukmendes
1,1 and 1,3 are not NC strings, so the second hit of each isn't garantheed.

If you get the chance of sidesteping something, if possible, instead of using 3,1 better try to use 1+2, but follow it up with 1+4 instead of d/b+4,3 because opponent will be off axis, so using d/b+4,3 2,1, 1+2 won't work.

Asuka's reversal isn't a garantheed "punish" because it can be chickened out, she does however have a punch parry which might be able to be used to punish punch strings.

"db+4,3 - l,l: Crouch cancel after the first hit and punish with uf+4. For db+4,4 (l,m), punish with uf+4 on block." Not necessary to crouch cancel as any attack with an u, u/f or u/b input already does so (Unless you meant to crouch cancel it into 1+2 or f+2).

Thank you for your input. I'm aware that Asuka's parry can be chickened out, and I did state in some punishes that you should just block or sidestep certain moves.
Moe89
1st Dan
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey nice guides Dramatix.

I have a matchup-question and thought this would be the appropriate place:

I read that Baek's d333/d33d3 mixup can be hopkicked. I do know that this string is not so often used in high-level play, but I don't get it. After you eat the first hit, you can't parry the second and no fuzzy guard on the third right ? And if you eat the first, you can also not hopkick the second low....so am I doing something wrong ?

Also, I would very appreciate it, if I could PM someone for more matchup-questions. I don't know them all but they come from time to time; and I don't want to spam the threads every once in a while because of this little questions..

Thanks, Moe
Dramatix
Expert
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Moe89
Hey nice guides Dramatix.

I have a matchup-question and thought this would be the appropriate place:

I read that Baek's d333/d33d3 mixup can be hopkicked. I do know that this string is not so often used in high-level play, but I don't get it. After you eat the first hit, you can't parry the second and no fuzzy guard on the third right ? And if you eat the first, you can also not hopkick the second low....so am I doing something wrong ?

Also, I would very appreciate it, if I could PM someone for more matchup-questions. I don't know them all but they come from time to time; and I don't want to spam the threads every once in a while because of this little questions..

Thanks, Moe

I haven't written a punishment guide for the more "cumbersome" characters such as Baek, Hwoarang, Ling/Miharu, Capos, and Lei, but I'll look into them when I have free time.