Your favorite pressure strings or tactics?

Page Splits <12
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
megueee
Kyu
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
My first comment, hope it will help...
When I'm near wall, I ALWAYS go for the SWAY b_d_u1+2, if It works, 1,1,2 for more damage; or 1,2 for frame trap (+6 on hit), then, there are many options: db+3,2; qcf+1; b+2 and my favorite...another SWAY throw
For those players who tries to cut the FLK 1 with a jab after blocked PKB b+1,1,2,1~b, I usually do SWAY 2 or even the parry, but it's a risky play, I let you choose the best.
Using 1,2,1~f_b and then the special throw is very useful in first round, but not a lucky card.
when I KNK an opponent I like to use uf+3,2 because sometimes people attacks whit the low kick so I get this movement for free.

PS. I take some tips of all of you guys, good ones, need to try them inside of my playing way.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh cool I was unaware you could do his wall push from the 3 or 4 sways. I thought it was only the b+3 backwards sway. Ima try that!

I like the 1+2 grabs out of the stances too, especially FLR, since it is the only move out of FLR stance that can not be blocked standing.

I have gotten many wins out of simply doing multiple d+2,1s in a row! Like at the end of the final round when you know the match is on the line, d+2,1 is a great move. I think doing d+2,1 without the f+3 to make it safe on block is OK, personally. If they press buttons after d+2,1, you can always use the d+2,1,2 to get a massive combo on counter-hit the next time you use d+2,1. So, they are taking a huge risk by trying to punish d+2,1.

Namco if you are reading this and trying to figure out what move to buff in Tekken 7 without making Stave super broken I say this: just increase the damage on d+2,1 by about 10 points. There. Boom. Steve is good again. The damage on d+2,1 could be higher.
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
you dont think a 27 dmg, high crushing, great range, safe on block lowpoke with followups would be a bit too good?....
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
you dont think a 27 dmg, high crushing, great range, safe on block lowpoke with followups would be a bit too good?....
It's only safe with the ducking cancel.

Of course Peekaboo has great mixups. I like PAB 2, basically a CH b+1 with homing move properties, PAB df+2~Tag, fairly safe elbow launcher, and PAB d+2, knockdown low which is now pretty safe, only WS+4 punishable.

After b+1,b, FLR 1,d+1 is 0 on block I think, so you can do b+1,b again right after the FLR 1,d+1 in hope of a CH.
Bopper
Iron Fist God
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
what does it matter? you do the cancel 99% of the time...
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
what does it matter? you do the cancel 99% of the time...
it matters the cancel makes it bad on hit
Bopper
Iron Fist God
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
iirc d+2,1 is -5 on hit (wich means CH d+2), while d+2,1~f3 is +9. Anyway that is irrelevant in your proposal. It would still be 27 dmg for a SAFE HIGCRUSH low with great range. It would be the best low in the game no contest.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
-Da Stunna-
Berserker
PSN: DaStunna_v2
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
+9 with the DCK cancel on reg hit? I always assumed Steve was at negative frames after any DCK transition
megueee
Kyu
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by -Da Stunna-
+9 with the DCK cancel on reg hit? I always assumed Steve was at negative frames after any DCK transition

LOL

-1,1,3_4 and 1,2,1,3_4: -7 on block, -1 on hit and CH
    -1,2,3_4: -1 on block, +5 on hit, +10 on CH
    -df+1,3_4: -8 on block, -1 on hit and on CH
    -df+1,2,3_4: -17 on block (LOL), -10 on hit and CH
    -d+2,1,3_4: -7~-6 on block, -1~0 on hit, +4~+5 on CH
    -d+2~1,3_4: -7~-6 on block, +4~+5 on hit and on CH
    -WS+2,3_4:-8~-7 on block, +3~+4 on hit, juggle on CH (and can follow with duck f+2, duck 1; df+1, 2~1; ff+2B!)
    -duck f+2,3_4: 0 on block
    -Ext duck f+2, 3_4:+7 on block

As you can see, not all let you on negative frames, this is important to frametrap the rival player.
Also, when you are on FLK stance, the duck animation is faster, you can check it by continuous push duck button and change direction with pad, if you do it after ducking in, you'll see that the animation is faster than before, just like if you do duck from a transition.

PS. there are 2 transitions more but I don't know the frames, there are: df+1,2~1+2, 3_4; and df+1,2~1~3_4 (df+1, 2~1 last hit cancel)