Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Ruehlman
Expert
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken 7 or Tekken X Street Fighter

Which title are you more excited for?

Which title would you prefer to be released first?

I am patiently waiting to hear some news on what we should be expecting from Tekken in 2014.

What do you all think?

Is 2014 too soon for the release of either title, or, do you expect both titles to be released in 2014, or, considering neither title has even hit the arcades does that automatically mean we won't be seeing either on console until 2015 or 2016?

Thoughts?
Signature Nina (Primary)
Lili (Secondary)
T69xRiPx
Destroyer
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken x Street fighter would be probably release at 2014, I have heard rumors that Namco Bandai would release it in their 20th anniversary for tekken

I much more excited about it because I can see how the 2d plane characters from SF can move in 3d plane in tekken, but I think they will limit the number of characters to be included

tekken 7 is still not in plan but I am excited too about it
Signature
Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I have a feeling Namco will bank heavily on how TvSF performs before turning their attention to T7. At this point, design-wise, there is nothing really more that can be added to the Tekken system without worsening all the complaints of complexity; the system is bloated enough already. TvSF will likely be Namco's opportunity to try out different approaches to the system and incorporate the positives into T7.

I wouldn't hold my breath for T7 until at least 2015 or possibly 2016. Another entry in the series is a huge investment and the franchise took a big hit with TTT2's underperformance. They will likely be extremely careful this time around.
StarSaber
Iron Fist God
PSN: PM me
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't think TTT2 has underperformed at all... nonetheless it's clear that they have run out of ideas for Tekken and they've already put their bets on TR, so yes I think Harada and company should put their work into TxSF for the time being (specially if they're gonna add these gameplay elements from TR)

I can't really understand how did they manage to ruin the SC series by making the roster balance take a dive into underground levels while making the right decisions concerning the addition of new gameplay elements, and keeping the number of chars to a reasonable amount whereas TTT2 came as almost the polar opposite of SCV (relatively unchanged gameplay but huge amount of characters yet a decently balanced game) lol
Signature "In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity"
Currently busy at being the 4AAM Lord of the Round Table.
Originally posted by noodalls
Didn't think I'd ever say it, but you guys need to try to be more like Star Saber when you post.
AmyVista
Shihan
PSN: AmyVista
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken x Street Fighter, obviously.

The project is still in development since 2010, and Tekken 7 has not been release yet. And I really want to see Cody and Rainbow Mika in 3D
Signature Main Team : Miharu/Anna
Second Team : Violet/Jaycee
joelbenitez
Master
PSN: Illest513
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
they need to hurry the fuck up, cause i getting piss. i mad at life, mad at killer instinct and their broke game, mad at not having a ps4 with new tekken game with great graphics to shut everyone down. i very pissed off at the fact that i don't have my character in TR, Lei Wulong. like wtf are we waiting for and taking so fucking long. just give some shit to think or hope or look at, fuck!!!. i got money and nothing to fucking buy yo, and tired of killing mother fuckers online on TR, lame ass bitches wit no game.

and i tired of seeing street fighter who gives a fuck remix part a 2 3 4 5 5 o i8uoirfdjloiksdkloisdlkfsdjnksdlkjn?????

and if you have a problem with what the fuck i just said come holla at me at at psn: illest513, tekken revolution please.

and namco should give cred to this site and make a community online in built with the game. what the fuck .
Signature Capcom Vs Snk 2 Extreme Fighting Site
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=joelbenitez513
Red Jack
Expert
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by joelbenitez
they need to hurry the fuck up, cause i getting piss. i mad at life, mad at killer instinct and their broke game, mad at not having a ps4 with new tekken game with great graphics to shut everyone down. i very pissed off at the fact that i don't have my character in TR, Lei Wulong. like wtf are we waiting for and taking so fucking long. just give some shit to think or hope or look at, fuck!!!. i got money and nothing to fucking buy yo, and tired of killing mother fuckers online on TR, lame ass bitches wit no game.

and i tired of seeing street fighter who gives a fuck remix part a 2 3 4 5 5 o i8uoirfdjloiksdkloisdlkfsdjnksdlkjn?????

and if you have a problem with what the fuck i just said come holla at me at at psn: illest513, tekken revolution please.

and namco should give cred to this site and make a community online in built with the game. what the fuck .

LMAO!! Ooooooookayyyy :p
Ring4200
Virtuoso
PSN: RyuXXLars4200
XBL: RyuxXxLars4200
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Now 4 Year's of development of the game. But we don't Known yet, whe the game come out.
Signature Heihachi: The Iron fist will never end.
Kazuya: Well done daddy.
Lars: You're the best dad.
Jin: You're legendary grand-pa.
J-Katz
Lone Wolf
XBL: o0 JkaTz 0o
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by joelbenitez

XDDDDDDDDD lololololol

Best post in history
Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by StarSaber
I don't think TTT2 has underperformed at all... nonetheless it's clear that they have run out of ideas for Tekken and they've already put their bets on TR, so yes I think Harada and company should put their work into TxSF for the time being (specially if they're gonna add these gameplay elements from TR)

It totally underperformed. The game was in serious need of a good patch and all Namco did in response was shut down WTF. Tournament turnouts have been dwindling. Even this site is a ghost town. If you don't think this Tekken underperformed compared to the others, you're deluding yourself. It's a tragedy since I think TTT2 was one of the better entries in the series, and certainly better than T6. But the market is different now, and Namco will have to re-evaluate their approach moving ahead.
S KILL
1st Dan
XBL: S KILL GR
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Yea its a pity that TTT2 got shafted by NAMCO. They should support it by making TR an advertisement and creating Eliza "Vamp" chick for TTT2.
Add DLC costumes from past games plus many more...Pity...":'(
Signature GOD TIER...";(
"Dpad Fighter Forever"
TEAM TEKKEN GREECE Overseer
Red Jack
Expert
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
TxSF is going to be interesting when it comes out. the SF cast have always been in a 2D stage so most of their moveset is designed for long linear attacks. All the Tekken characters will have to do is sidestep every Hadouken, Psycho Crusher, Sonic Boom and Tiger shot.
LukeLive
Virtuoso
PSN: oInsanity
XBL: Sanity VII
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
More interested in Tekken 7 personally, since TTT2 was my first real Tekken. I really enjoyed playing on a solo only game like Tekken Revo and Tekken 6 but i do appreciate TTT2 alot.
StarSaber
Iron Fist God
PSN: PM me
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Chinky-Eye
It totally underperformed. The game was in serious need of a good patch and all Namco did in response was shut down WTF. Tournament turnouts have been dwindling. Even this site is a ghost town.

I know...

If you don't think this Tekken underperformed compared to the others, you're deluding yourself. It's a tragedy since I think TTT2 was one of the better entries in the series, and certainly better than T6.

I see things in perspective... the whole fighting game genre has been slowly declining for years. TTT2 is definitely one of the finest fighters I've seen... but it's been like 2 years since then, and it's no mystery that TR (or Tekken Retardation as called by some) has been sucking BAMCO's dedication away from TTT2 and does nothing to promote directly purchase of its predecessor.
Signature "In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity"
Currently busy at being the 4AAM Lord of the Round Table.
Originally posted by noodalls
Didn't think I'd ever say it, but you guys need to try to be more like Star Saber when you post.
evilkunimitsu
2nd Dan
XBL: EvilKunimitsu
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I wish TTT3 is going to coming instead of TxSF or T7 and the game would be like this: 3v3,combos like char1 bound,char2 tagassault1, char3 tagassault2,char1 finish combo, same health ratio as TTT2(read life is a huge factor), huge movelist,120+ Chars(no clones),great customizations, paid dlc ,screenshot, endings for every char, no story. Or please NAMCO donít ruin the franchise like you did with SoulCalibur.
That would be CrazyGame
LukeLive
Virtuoso
PSN: oInsanity
XBL: Sanity VII
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by evilkunimitsu
combos like char1 bound,char2 tagassault1, char3 tagassault2,char1 finish combo, same health ratio as TTT2

That sounds so bad imo, your already doing 50~70% damage combos with 2 characters why add more.
I love TTT2 and i think its a great game but the fact remains it's a finished product now. I truly would like TxSF to be tag based aswell, or T7 to have an option Tag mode either for offline or in player match, like a lobby option where people can only play solo or tag.
Chinky-Eye
Iron Fist God
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
I think what pisses me off the most is that Namco started trolling their own game (and the fans) as soon as they saw things were not going as expected. I understand that they need to recoup their investment (which was likely huge for this game), but the way they went about it may have done more damage to the franchise in the long run. Tekken's credibility is in the hole and it will probably be a better idea for Namco to do peripheral releases before re-visiting the core franchise again.

On that note, does anybody know whether Tekken Revolution is actually performing better vis-a-vis TTT2? I honestly don't mind if Namco adopts a free-to-play model down the road provided the games are of a good quality.
Master_Baihu
Champion
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
I personally would love to hear that they are pulling the plug on Tekken x StreetFighter. But again, that's just ME. If you are looking forward to it good for you. AS for Tekken 7, mid 2016 at least.
Signature "Stay calm and concentrate only on your mind...That is the state of a clear mind... like a polished mirror". Lishao Tao - Shenmue II
Red Jack
Expert
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm also guessing they are likely only going to release another tekken game on the PS4. Shame really, since I have no desire to buy a PS4.
PhantomXD
Fujin
PSN: PhantomXD
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Chinky-Eye
I think what pisses me off the most is that Namco started trolling their own game (and the fans) as soon as they saw things were not going as expected. I understand that they need to recoup their investment (which was likely huge for this game), but the way they went about it may have done more damage to the franchise in the long run. Tekken's credibility is in the hole and it will probably be a better idea for Namco to do peripheral releases before re-visiting the core franchise again.

On that note, does anybody know whether Tekken Revolution is actually performing better vis-a-vis TTT2? I honestly don't mind if Namco adopts a free-to-play model down the road provided the games are of a good quality.

Tekken Rev is doing well. it surpassed 1 million downloads in 3 months which is WAY!! more than what ttt2 sold to this day. Yes, its probably because the game is f2p but its still good. theres tons of players playing it and the people that do play it, actually use money to buy extra coins and characters so I do believe Namco is making a good profit off of this game and if Namco decides to go the free-to-play route in the future, I wouldn't mind.

Don't quote me on this but I believe Tekken Rev have 2 to 3 million downloads which is fantastic in my opinion
Signature &