Page Splits 123>...13
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
bohnensuppe
Iron Fist God
PSN: bohne2000
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
RIP TZ funny I think it might be the first thread I ever posted on this site and of course I know that forum thingy is not doing it anymore since like few years but right now I feel like it really died

All the North America threads are dead Europe forum is a cementery and there isnt anything ppl would feel like posting in the char forums...theres only some life left at random chit chat threads and at the TR forum...being a long time member and seeing all the evolution that side went through I just felt like posting this pls dont be rude maybe Im just silly and too late anyway...I just felt like saying good bye
Signature EXCELLENCE is the result of caring more than others think is wise; risking more than others think is safe; dreaming more than others think is practical; and expecting more than others think is possible.

USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Yea, it sucks man. Social media kinda killed it. It sucks because I feel TZ still is a very important tool for the community. People are just too lazy and want instant gratification instead of having to look through a thread.

I'm holding out hope for a resurgence someday. Not expecting it, but really hoping for one.
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
The Match Finder death was pretty unavoidable. Most scenes have their own facebook groups which are generally much easier to communicate with. I feel the rest of the site though should be just a useful as ever.
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
XelNaga
Top Tier Podcaster
PSN: XelNaga
XBL: ChippXelNaga
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Its the instant gratification/pussification of the scene. People want everything handed to them.
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
This thread inspired me to make an Academy post. Let's hope it works. My hopes are not high.
jrtien
Iron Fist God
PSN: josh_bigboss
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
I attribute the death of this site to the assholes who do their best to make people feel unwelcome. These people are probably ugly, unsuccessful, socially retarded wimps in real life, so the only way they can get rid of their aggression is by being keyboard warriors.
They know who they are and will probably attack me for this post, but it will just prove my point.
Xiang
Holy Hot Damn!
PSN: Xiang_Allard
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jrtien
I attribute the death of this site to the assholes who do their best to make people feel unwelcome. These people are probably ugly, unsuccessful, socially retarded wimps in real life, so the only way they can get rid of their aggression is by being keyboard warriors.
They know who they are and will probably attack me for this post, but it will just prove my point.

I feel like I lost brain cells reading this.

What this forum needs is some updates. Someone needs to talk to Castel and have him call Jaxel to work some magic and smooth this shit out.
Keeper of the CRANE
DEATH by METAL
PSN: Zakillah
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Oida, du mochst an thread auf???
bohnensuppe
Iron Fist God
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Maybe Im just silly, there are currently 400 ppl browsing the boards so it might just be my personal point of view. I was just thinking about former times when there was so much quality info here and all the tension ...when tension used to build up before some tournaments and even if you didnt go you could feel something big happening. Today we play tekken online nobody really needs any matchfinder forums of course...still I think the tekken community got like "washed out" I guess its just how the game developed. not really worth a discussion in the end really...

KotC jo oida mir wars danach lass mich
Signature EXCELLENCE is the result of caring more than others think is wise; risking more than others think is safe; dreaming more than others think is practical; and expecting more than others think is possible.

Mills McDougle
sunstone.
PSN: McAnica
XBL: mcdouglr
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken Zaibatsu...is dead.
Signature Team WeCantPlayGames (X360)
Now recruiting! Post here if you're interested!

Bro, do you even play?
king_ruckus
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
I think USMC made a good point regarding social media.

When I first really started getting into Tekken, this was pretty much "the" spot I would think of. Damn near everything I learned from anyone other than the player right next to me at arcades or in front of a Playstation, I learned from someone here.

The players grew up with the game. People have busier lives now, they're raising Tekkenites of their own. They might think of stopping by, but unless there's some major news about someone here they know or knew, they usually don't .
Keeper of the CRANE
DEATH by METAL
PSN: Zakillah
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by bohnensuppe
KotC jo oida mir wars danach lass mich

Oida, i loss di eh. I woa hoid überrascht, sonst nix. Woa überhaupt net bös gmeint.
jrtien
Iron Fist God
PSN: josh_bigboss
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Xiang
I feel like I lost brain cells reading this.

What this forum needs is some updates. Someone needs to talk to Castel and have him call Jaxel to work some magic and smooth this shit out.
Case in point.
bohnensuppe
Iron Fist God
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by king_ruckus

When I first really started getting into Tekken, this was pretty much "the" spot I would think of. Damn near everything I learned from anyone other than the player right next to me at arcades or in front of a Playstation, I learned from someone here.

The players grew up with the game. People have busier lives now, they're raising Tekkenites of their own. They might think of stopping by, but unless there's some major news about someone here they know or knew, they usually don't .

yeah we used to grow up with a game thats the point kids nowadays will just play and move on to something else that might be more accessible you cant bame them I guess

Xiang
Holy Hot Damn!
PSN: Xiang_Allard
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by king_ruckus

I'll +1 this and even go so far as to say it's probably the best point. I still feel TZ is a great spot for strategy discussion while fb and twitter, for comparison, are terrible formats to hold that kind of large-scale conversation, from what I can tell. But, the new-age culture is not one of lengthy discourse. twitter exemplifies that perfectly with its character limit. It's the mentality, though, of not taking the effort to really express your entire thought that's killed forums like this. Why discuss anything when I can just go to YouTube and watch people? I've been enabled all my life to think I already know everything, so why would I ask any of you schmoes?

It sucks, but it is what it is.

Last edited by Xiang on Nov 1st, 2013 at 10:47

Jordyce
Planet Robobear
PSN: Jordyce
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken FB groups are a hotbed of poor trash talk and information getting lost after 20 minutes of posting. Properly structured and organized information and discussion will always be better, sadly it's just as convenient.
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
w1r3d
aguantame eso ahi
PSN: obw1r3d
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
I think both social media + gamers "growing up" are to blame. I don't care about social media much, especially if I'm wanting to look up information/strategies for a game, but yeah, getting married and having a child definitely takes up a lot of time (and I love being a husband and dad), and whatever free time I *do* have, I don't necessarily want to spend playing Tekken. I still like Tekken, but because I can't put the required time into it to get good enough to compete, I'd rather just not play at all. :/
Signature grace upon grace
pcmacro
Crackers for Trolls
PSN: pcmacro
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
1. We are growing up
2. Social Groups (however I don't think it has as much of an impact as most are claiming)
3. Tekken is super complicated and hard, not many new players want to take the time and learn.
4. Douche bag
5. Castel and others aren't involve in this site as much as they did once. I remember when this site had just opened, I would check out the weekly combo videos that Castel and others use to put up and I was excited to come see them. Then I finally joined the forum, but it was due to the front page. That and many other things involving this site is really what I believe to be the principal factor for the decrease in forum activity.
Raimei
Iron Fist God
PSN: sho00shii
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Mills McDougle
Tekken Zaibatsu...is dead.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the thread title
Signature You here make trouble, skinny?? ...Trouble make you!
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I will keep TZ alive,at least the TTT2 forums.
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos