Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
LukeLive
Virtuoso
PSN: oInsanity
XBL: Sanity VII
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm surprised that Tekken Tag 2 has been out for so long and no one has made something to explain the ranking system. (This system is not 100% guaranteed just an indication, it works around 95% of the time for same rank matches)
I made this chart for every rank starting from 1st Dan shows how the system works and also how many wins and where you are in a given rank.

Anyways if any of you find any errors I've made please feel free to let me know and will change it.

Tekken Chart v3 (LukeLive) Preview (Click to enlarge)
EDIT: Picture too big too paste straight onto forums.
EDIT v2: Added notes on Vanquisher+ Ranks and Promotion + Demotion Chances with the chart

Edit v3: Added a Gallery of GIFs showing how pugilist won't cause a Vanq to promo.

Click HERE For GIFs of every rank.

Against Pugilist - No Promo (0.5)
Against Vanquisher - Promo (1)
Against Destroyer - Promo (0.5)
Against Conqueror- Promo (0.25)
Against Savior - Promo (0.25)

Text featured in the image:
"Rank Difference and points awarded
Same Rank = 1 point
-+1 Dan Difference = 0.5 point
-+2 Dan Difference = 0.25 point
+3 Dan Difference = 0.125 point
So to rank up fast and effectively you want to play people the same rank."

"Split Ranked Teams
Only the highest ranked character effects the points awarded for that match. Example:
Duelist/Disciple vs Duelist/Duelist - the match will be worth 1 point."

Last edited by LukeLive on Oct 25th, 2013 at 12:22

TaintedCrimson
Shihan
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Absolutely Brilliant! About time someone explained the mystery they called ranked lol
Signature Found Jin at the end of Tekken 6 and will be holding him hostage until I get in Tekken 7.
Mar
Shihan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
That's pretty cool. Seems like you've had fun with them ghost battles.
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LukeLive
"Split Ranked Teams
Only the highest ranked character effects the points awarded for that match. Example:
Duelist/Disciple vs Duelist/Duelist - the match will be worth 1 point."

Just to confirm: In the above example, if the Duelist/Disciple team wins, both characters get a full point towards promotion?
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
Vandenreich
Champion
PSN: Vandenreich006
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Pretty cool but it doesnt explain why you get a demotion risk after going on a winning streak with the same team beating people of higher rank :/
JFK[satZ]
Sage
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice work!

/ JFK
Signature Embrace the satZ within.
LukeLive
Virtuoso
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by aviax
Just to confirm: In the above example, if the Duelist/Disciple team wins, both characters get a full point towards promotion?

Yes both characters will get a full point for that match.

Originally posted by Vandenreich
Pretty cool but it doesnt explain why you get a demotion risk after going on a winning streak with the same team beating people of higher rank :/

If you can see at the end of each bar it there is half a point extra to promo.
For example if you had max points for 1st Dan +2.5 or -2.5, if you played someone who is not the same rank it would still leave you in the promotion/demotion zone.

+2.5 lose a match 1 rank difference > +2
Next game, is against same rank you will get +1 and cause another promo chance since you would have enough to promo still.
+2 > +3(Promo)
hf1992
Shihan
PSN: has1992
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Noice!
Signature SpaghettiRip
ShinKen
Virtuoso
PSN: NarutoUzumaki /PSon2
XBL: l Naruto l /TGZafina
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
this is completely wrong a newly promoted tekken emperor has to win 30 matches against another tekken emperor to get to tekken god
Signature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y4u4I__wHA
ShinKen 神拳(literally God Fist):
"Destroyer of all styles, the one true ultimate style, it transcends the power of The Dragon Style ShoryuKen, and exceeds all human ability."
BTW avatar shows Heihachi with Akuma's beads. Mishimas pawn Shotokans 4 ever :3>\\0//Please sir how do you do the God Fist?Fcuk off bitch!What ur talking about boyDad where's that scroll, its just not the same .In BR its become a pussy godfist .We've become impotent and flaccid **sniffle** The essence of Tekken : speed kills www.twitter.com/ShinK3n Check out my custom stick and watch me win my second tournie at http://www.gamesradar.com/f/uk-tekk...111172228742012
http://www.vimeo.com/5815085
LukeLive
Virtuoso
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ShinKen
this is completely wrong a newly promoted tekken emperor has to win 30 matches against another tekken emperor to get to tekken god

Would you like to prove that point?
Watch Greentekken deathmatches, or try it for yourself (If your using ghost battles as an example, that would be wrong since you are never the same rank every single game.)

I've used this method for deathmatches and has always come up close or correct.
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
so,basic idea is:we need to win 2 to 9 matches to get a promotion chance,which comes only if we face an equal ranked opponent
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
LukeLive
Virtuoso
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Pretty much, you get points for beating different ranked opponents but not as much. so you might have 3.75 points when you need 5 which would mean 2 more wins atleast.
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
PSN: MAD AXES
XBL: Lingxiaowho
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LukeLive
Pretty much, you get points for beating different ranked opponents but not as much. so you might have 3.75 points when you need 5 which would mean 2 more wins atleast.
Do rank pts carry over as I promoes to savior and then promoed to byakko after 1 match.
Signature Galen "Feed me your load"

Lucky Chloe troll
Hades Drops
Dragon Lord
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
can you get demoted from Pugilists- as a vanquisher+?
LukeLive
Virtuoso
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by x MAD AXES x
Do rank pts carry over as I promoes to savior and then promoed to byakko after 1 match.

That's a grey area for me, im not really sure but I imagine it would start neutral every time you promote or demote if it did you would only carry over 0.75 points max anyway so not much of a difference.
LukeLive
Virtuoso
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Hades Drops
can you get demoted from Pugilists- as a vanquisher+?

Yes lower ranks can demote higher ranks still as long as they have the necessary points.
You see it all the time in arcades.
mindgames
Champion
PSN: buttoi_man
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Is there a minimum name rank that after reaching that you can't demote any lower no matter how much you'd lose? Eg. after reaching Brawler you can't drop below that. VF5FS has a system like that where Hunter can be considered the first 'true' rank due to it being the lowest which you can be demoted to from any given higher rank.
Signature aka YOMI
Mar
Shihan
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by mindgames
Is there a minimum name rank that after reaching that you can't demote any lower no matter how much you'd lose? Eg. after reaching Brawler you can't drop below that. VF5FS has a system like that where Hunter can be considered the first 'true' rank due to it being the lowest which you can be demoted to from any given higher rank.
Doubt it.
Hades Drops
Dragon Lord
#19 “Quote” Edit Post

1st Dan
LukeLive
Virtuoso
#20 “Quote” Edit Post

1st Dan, you can rank up from winning or losing a few times in Kyus so that's why i started the chart from 1st Dan.