Page Splits 123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Baraka
StrongStyle
PSN: FlyingWonkey
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
The official JP Tekken Tag Tournament 2 website was recently updated to include a new notification that mentions that the World Tekken Federation online service will be coming to an end on the first of September this year. Since this online service is so deeply integrated with the online functionality of the console Tekken Tag Tournament 2 games, several features such as searching for replays, team creations, replay & ghosts downloading as well as web access to the World Tekken Federation website will all be affected. You can read the notification of WTF service closure for yourself below.
Signature Avoiding The PuddleTwitterYouTube
Baraka
StrongStyle
PSN: FlyingWonkey
Rezz
War Lord
PSN: RezzEternal
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
That really sucks to hear. I loved visiting this site. And no more teams... damn.
Signature
zansheen111
1st Dan
PSN: Zanshin111
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Is that a joke? Seriously?
SamuraiR33p3r
3rd Dan
PSN: SamuraiR33p3R
XBL: SamuraiR33P3R
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
In all honesty I won't miss it.. I mean it sucks that there won't be anymore teams. However just look at what good its done... NOTHING. Boosters are still boosting, people are still pulling. Just like typical Harada fashion, he is giving up on his game, and it hasn't even been a year yet!

Besides the moderators on that site are so full of shit it isn't even funny. Key example, 50percentelf, a Kuni/Xiao player, who mans the black list, yet he lag switches and pulls before he loses. All I can say is if Harada isn't willing to focus on his customers than there is no point giving him my money anymore. TTT2 might be the last Tekken game I get. and I hate saying that because I grew up playing this game!
Signature Tekken Ragin' since '96

I was brought back for this shit game?!
Could be worse.. People could stop playing this game
Yeah... about that...
Ruehlman
Expert
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
:/ ...Oh well, I guess he has bigger & better things (hopefully) that he wants to focus on.
Signature Nina (Primary)
Lili (Secondary)
TaintedCrimson
Shihan
PSN: DaSilverShadow
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Wait so I can't download and just watch replays anymore? This sucks, finding people who play the characters I play is such a hassle.
Signature Found Jin at the end of Tekken 6 and will be holding him hostage until I get some buffs.
According to capo players a wrestler grabbing someone is a crime.
Top Tier Jin
luksgammer360
Raijin
PSN: luksgammer
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Haha come on namco wtf
hwoarang_28
Shihan
PSN: HuntingHawk89
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
What's the reason for this happening?
DrBhup666
Deity
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
I wanna discuss a bigger issue here. People who want 'digital downloadable games' only. This is exactly what can happen! You can lose everything you've worked hard for in your game.

This should be seen as a waring to those who want 'download-games' only. Like the 'future' Xbox One actually wanted to bring before people spoke up. Because when the company shuts down the server, everything is gone. You never really own your property. You only have a game/ a feature as long as the company supports the server and they can whenever thy want, suddenly deside not to support the servers anymore.

I know it's not like you can't play TTT2 anymore, but that's because it is on a disc. If that game were digital download only and Namco desided to shut down the servers, then it would be gone forever!

TLDR; Say NO to digital downladabel games! That is not the future! You never actually own your property!
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
XBL: forest16
General Mustang
Destroyer
PSN: Osaka_Furansu
XBL: 2nd PSN: IPlaY2Win-
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Honestly, I am glad WTF is gone. There are always some random issues with WTF and Namco has to keep fixing it constantly. At this point, I think Namco just gave up and decided to drop the whole thing. It's a waste of time for them anyways because it's not like they are getting a profit from it. It's also a waste of time for us because we don't need teams, we don't need to download replays, and we don't need to see our stats. If you want to see other people play, just go on Youtube. It's higher quality than watching some people play online, lol. You can also still view your own replays which is way better than viewing written stats on WTF, so that's also a good thing. Maybe the netcode will improve greatly since WTF is gone, which is also a good thing. I also believe Namco had a lot of people on the blacklist that never disconnected intentionally. There are some times where I would go on ranked, wait for the game to start and then it says, "Failed to Upload data." Then, I randomly get penalties for something I had no control over. So, I also think this will happen less.

So yeah, WTF, good riddance. It might come back in the near future, but we'll just have to see.
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Well that sucks, lol
Signature twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel | www.tyler2k.com - My fighting game site
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
luksgammer360
Raijin
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Only boosters will be benefited with this lol. Now seriously, I'd like an explanation.
General Mustang
Destroyer
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I already gave an explanation. >>

Besides, boosters are going to boost regardless lol. All they have to do is keep buying online passes and keep doing it.
luksgammer360
Raijin
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Do you work for namco? I didnt know that Kappa.

It was a really good addition to the online experience for the console version, especially the teams thing. And I use the replay function to download replays from player that I do not see on youtube, and I'm sure its not just me doing that. Are they also taking down the forums?

Edit: I also used WTF to keep track of my rank points D: oh well.
General Mustang
Destroyer
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
You guys want teams? Better do it the old fashioned way and create a forum. Kappa
Mocat
Expert
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Signature Nice Signature
pcmacro
Crackers for Trolls
PSN: pcmacro
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Remember this Trailer. LOL not even a year later
DrBhup666
Deity
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
^^ watching the trailer again, I realized they never offered us the feature 'hold track of which moves we used and how often'....

Fucking bunch of liars!

My personal opinion is that Harada is a complete idiot! Tekken as a series has survived this long in spite of everything retarded done to it by Harada.