Bob QnA thread

Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Sasaki Kojiro
2nd Dan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Didn't see one so I thought of starting one.

Who do you think are the best tag partners for bob?

based on the allegiance chart its...

Bob
Likes (+1): Paul, Law, Jin, Ganryu, Miguel
Dislikes (-1): Steve, Ogre
Hates (-2):

But what do you guys think?
Signature Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.
TekkenFellow
7th Dan
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I think:

1. Bob/Ganny
2. Bob/Bruce
3. Bob/ArmorKing
Signature
Practice makes Perfect
Sasaki Kojiro
2nd Dan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi.

I know that f+2,3 is a punisher but it is also hitconfirmable. Do you guys use this offensively as an hc move?

Feels like it tracks too but im not sure.

Seems harder to confirm though than uf1+2, 1+2.
Signature Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.
TekkenFellow
7th Dan
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Sasaki Kojiro
Hi.

I know that f+2,3 is a punisher but it is also hitconfirmable. Do you guys use this offensively as an hc move?

Feels like it tracks too but im not sure.

Seems harder to confirm though than uf1+2, 1+2.

No.
f+2,3---> -15 on block
Do not use it as an offensive move. It is a PUNISHER for -12 moves.

uf1+2,1+2 is a very good whiff punisher and for punishing raw tags near walls.

If you are a new Bob player then I suggest checking this forum:
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=124983
Signature
Practice makes Perfect
Zahlzeit
Kyu
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
What is b+1, 4 and b+1, 2 used for? I assume they're to catch crouching opponents but in what situations would you use one over the other? And why wouldn't you just use 2, 1 or df+1?
Lazymayonaise
1st Dan
XBL: LazyMayonaise
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
ive been using Bob/Leo for some time now. experimented with a dozen characters to team with Leo that i like and Bob was the best i feel. Armourking also but i feel hes to slow which i guess is compensated by his massive damage output. With Bob/Leo i like to put Leo on point then Bob can come in on launcers and do all that crazy spinning shit he does
Signature
Lainensis
1st Dan
PSN: Lainensis
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Lookin for some pro bob players to study, Anybody know some?
j.scogz
Virtuoso
PSN: m1x4h
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I picked up Bob last night and started to enjoy him...

Wondering if Bob/Jack works well. I want a second character that I don't normally use, or I'll get into the habit of overutilizing them... e.g. If I picked Bob/Bruce, I know I'll practice Bob... But in matches, I'll use Bruce a lot more.
Signature - Team "I hate Tagging so I play 2 solos"
- Team "I need Lars b/c I can't b+2~f"
#BuffLars
XxVile616xX
6th Dan
PSN: XxVile616xX
XBL: iG PlaneCrash
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
can someone tell me bob's main pokes ?
Signature
~Tekken 7: Biggest disappointment this year
~Back to Virtua Fighter
Above Human
Master
PSN: Above_Human
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Df+1, b+2, b+2,2, d,2,1, 1,d+4, 1,4 , db+3, db+3+4...and use ff+2 and ss+1+2 alot

Last edited by Above Human on Nov 28th, 2013 at 05:39

Signature I play Bob and Julia
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
is d+3,4 NC?
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
omara95
Destroyer
PSN: pdomara
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Does Bobs hellsweep have the same tracking properties as the Mishimas hellsweep?
omara95
Destroyer
PSN: pdomara
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sspaajms120
is d+3,4 NC?

Nope not on normal hit...It is on counter hit.
StudBuddha
#ANNAISBACK
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Can anyone help me with some general strategies when playing against Bob? I have such a hard time getting around this fat tub of shit.
Mar
Shihan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
First of all if they are b+2,2'ing like maniacs then make sure to duck the second hit. You should be able to get a launch even if Bob continues the string (b+2,2,4), unless your WS launcher is like 20f or something.

Bob has a lot of followups to his moves & strings to keep you in check if you want to press anything after let's say his jabs - then he can hit you with 1,2>1+2 for a full launch on CH. So imo you want to try & find out when the Bob player uses the followups to his stuff... 1,2,1+2 (third hit delayable), df+1,2 (second hit delayable), 1,d+4 etc. Just try & be good at reading the Bob player's flowcharts.

2,1,4 - You can interrupt the third hit of this string with jabs to get a float. Bob can however choose to duck WS+2,1 (he has enough time for that to even punish your 1 jab if he times it perfectly) or do a backswing blow. You can also sidewalk the third hit to your right, iirc.

Be ready to break 1+2, his ff+1+2 throw is a juggle starter.

ff+2 - Safe mid long range poke that gives KND & oki on hit. SS this move to your left.

Had some other stuff on my mind too I think, but I can't remember it atm. :\ Hope this will help somewhat anyway.
XxVile616xX
6th Dan
PSN: XxVile616xX
XBL: iG PlaneCrash
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
hey i've finally picked up bob and now i wanted to ask which moves can i cancel into his ball for combos and stuff ?
Signature
~Tekken 7: Biggest disappointment this year
~Back to Virtua Fighter
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
in combos its usually 1+2 that is used as an ender.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
StudBuddha
#ANNAISBACK
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by brutalis
First of all if they are b+2,2'ing like maniacs then make sure to duck the second hit. You should be able to get a launch even if Bob continues the string (b+2,2,4), unless your WS launcher is like 20f or something.

Bob has a lot of followups to his moves & strings to keep you in check if you want to press anything after let's say his jabs - then he can hit you with 1,2>1+2 for a full launch on CH. So imo you want to try & find out when the Bob player uses the followups to his stuff... 1,2,1+2 (third hit delayable), df+1,2 (second hit delayable), 1,d+4 etc. Just try & be good at reading the Bob player's flowcharts.

2,1,4 - You can interrupt the third hit of this string with jabs to get a float. Bob can however choose to duck WS+2,1 (he has enough time for that to even punish your 1 jab if he times it perfectly) or do a backswing blow. You can also sidewalk the third hit to your right, iirc.

Be ready to break 1+2, his ff+1+2 throw is a juggle starter.

ff+2 - Safe mid long range poke that gives KND & oki on hit. SS this move to your left.

Had some other stuff on my mind too I think, but I can't remember it atm. :\ Hope this will help somewhat anyway.
Thanks I appreciate it amigo. But what are Bob's weaknesses that I can exploit? Seem like the only weakness he has is that his launchers aren't great.
Above Human
Master
PSN: Above_Human
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Stud....I guess I'll give you my two cents...(kinda tough question as Bobs offense is arguably one of the best in the game) but anyway...1..don't be afraid to throw out -15 moves as much...the risk reward is greater against Bob as he's only going to knock you down with f+2,3 and can't launch until -18 with db+1+2...uf+1+2,1+2 hurts at -16 buts it's not an over half life combo...so in short don't be afraid to "panic" more against Bob....it's not much but jus keep it in mind...2...and this is the main thing I've found...turtle that fat bastard and employ a good Keepout strategy....if u can keep him at enough distance(which is tough I know...his reach is fantastic) then he really only has two moves to close the distance safely...cd+1 and
ff+2...I'm assuming u kno these moves...if u can just make the bob player second guess his own effective range and start whiffing trying to get in on you then you can pick him apart for it....and generally this will make the bob player take bigger risks to try and get in at which point uve already won...that's all I can think of off the top of my head...I'll repost if I think of anything else....Also if u wanted to ask more specific anti bob questions instead of jus a general overview I could prolly help u more
Signature I play Bob and Julia
Mar
Shihan
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm not sure if I can think of something I would classify as an actual weakness other than what you've mentioned already with the slow launchers... Haha. Bob is just really good. Good offensive options, good keepout, good punishment & whiff punishment (except for the slow launchers), good movement, good throws, good lows, good mids, good oki...