Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Howling
rawr, bidge.
PSN: renith
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...amp;usp=sharing

Guys, I've started building this. On the first tab, I have the best choices that I've found for each of the opponent's possible reactions to a knockdown.

- the first column is the move that gives the knockdown and starts the oki.
- the second column is an acronym that tells you the position the enemy is left in. not really important for using but helps with testing. you can check the TZ legend for details.
- The other columns are moves to do if the enemy does the action that is on the title of the column.
Example: line 3 tells you that after hitting the air SW(running grab), if the enemy gets up standing df+4,3 will pick him up.

On the second tab, I have the moves to try and use for each of the opponent's options when getting up.

Check the notes too

give me updates and I'll add them!

Last edited by Howling on Aug 15th, 2014 at 16:35

Signature From Rambo III
Zaysen: Who do you think this man is? God?
Colonel Trautman: No. God would have mercy.

Star Saber
Banned By Mod
PSN: lurking out there.
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Hmm, I remember after the air multi 1+2,1+2 ender (which is the flapjack or something like that) you can f+2+4 backthrow them if they try to stand straight afterwards. I reckon he has a lot of nasty options for those who stay grounded, a few ones for backroll and df+4,3 picks up a lot but most of the time I do d+3+4,2 (and then Moonsault if it picks up) just because people around here knows me a lot and I can't really tell what will they do next.

something else you should consider. When WR+2+4 airthrow carries them right to the wall, if they do tag crash right after that, f+2+3. You avoid their tag crash and still hit the character trying to tag out at the same time rofl. It loses to getup kicks tho (including the backspring thing), but it's awesome to ruin their tag crash. d+3+4 also hits the char tagging out (along with hitting them if they just stay there) but the tag crash hits you on this one. Again, f+2+3 dodging tag crash happens only at the wall, in the open tag crash hits you always (and going further into it, I think tag crashes have hit me out of b+3+4 on ocassion, but I don't know if I was just too slow... but I probably was...)

after db+4 hits, if they try to get up (blocking standing or crouching doesn't matter) WS+4 picks up. Not close enough for df+4,3 to hit tho, so just combo with d+3+4,2.
another stuff that some people seems to have troubles dealing with, is multiple FC,df+1's. Ofc, after the first one launches, the second is a guaranteed, but for some reason sometimes they get dumb and don't tech straight after that and I hit a lot of them, cus it hits grounded, it has range for backrollers and if you crouchwalk a bit, it even tracks siderollers.
I also have hit weird stuff like uf+1+2 on backturned opponent on ocassion, in such case you can't really do anything other than df+4,3,4 or a GT attempt. My personal wakes are rather intuitive, but when I'm unsure I just do d+3+4,2 in the open or d+3+4,4,4 at the walls... that's it, really

Last edited by Star Saber on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 03:27

Signature "In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity"
Random noob comment upon watching my King in a TR session: "How crazy is that tiger. Someone take him to the zoo."
#BUFFANGEL #BUFFWTF
Originally posted by noodalls
Didn't think I'd ever say it, but you guys need to try to be more like Star Saber when you post.
Howling
rawr, bidge.
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I'll add those, very good suggestions! I'll test some of them before adding, but I already added some right away.
Signature From Rambo III

DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't think JGS works with getup mid kicks...
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?
Howling
rawr, bidge.
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
My bad. Fixed. I bulit that tab quick quick, the other one is more important
Signature From Rambo III

DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Howling, can I put this in the Tekken Wiki some time? I wanna put stuff there soon...
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
Howling
rawr, bidge.
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken Wiki?
Signature From Rambo III

DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
We got a TZ wiki here...

Some time, I might write a King move analysis...
XBLPunisher1564
7th Dan
XBL: Punisher1564
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Best TT2 King thread hands down! ( not counting Q & A ) Thanks
XBLPunisher1564
7th Dan
XBL: Punisher1564
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Im not 100% on this but GS2 you can SS towards there head and Launch punish any wake up kick on wiff or SS Ground grab If they tech roll ???????? but like I said Im not 100% on this
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
From TS/pizza delivery I've found some stuff.

Immediately after TS if you think they'll get up kick, SSL~d~df. If they try either get up kick, the mid one will whiff (which you can WS 1+2 or FC df+2 depending on your flavour), and the low will get low parried (which if you have good execution gives more sweet oki with iSW). You can try SSR~b and punish the mid get up kick with b+1,2 or make the low get up kick whiff (which you can hopkick), but I don't think it's as great in terms of damage and oki followups.

If they roll back, run after them and run+2+4 for backthrow (a bit strict on Kuma). *NOTE: I'm not sure if they can roll back and duck/get up kick to avoid the backthrow, but if they can, bait it out and hopkick.

Nothing is free if they stand up straight, but I like to deliver another pizza (do another TS). Most players don't expect to receive two pizzas back-to-back.

If you think they'll get up ducking, well, .

If they lay there, I like to People's Elbow, because the GT in this situation is the weakest version (only does 28 damage IIRC).
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
Howling
rawr, bidge.
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
It is worth noting that the GT at FUFA gives the best positioning of them all:

if they get straight up, hopkick in the back is guaranteed. also, regular throw hits in the back.

if they back roll, cd+1 will hit them in the back again.

I'll be updating this tonight.

Also, you guys can put this in the wiki, yeah, just add my name

Last edited by Howling on Dec 11th, 2013 at 23:41

Signature From Rambo III

Howling
rawr, bidge.
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
I made updates to the doc.
Signature From Rambo III

Howling
rawr, bidge.
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Did some more updates. I've been playing around with the multis and they are giving excellent results, many rounds gone without the enemy being able to get up at all.
Signature From Rambo III

jaguar94
Virtuoso
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Good Stuff Howling. I'll bring my contribution/oki suggestions real soon.
Signature Can't break 'em all! // SoccerEvoFC
Howling
rawr, bidge.
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey, you know what would really help?

these are all with my testing, so it would be nice to have someone run through it and test also, to be sure.
Signature From Rambo III

jaguar94
Virtuoso
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Yea Ive checked your 1+3/2+4 okis, they work fine except df+3 against smalls (e.g: Ling). Ive been focusing mainly on these two throws as well as the tombstone and b+1+2,1+2 so far; the oki potential is sick!
Im currently doing the grabs only, so I'll just add up to your work what I found. That's gonna increase the wake up options at least.

Your spreadsheet and its content are both good, thats the easiest way to display the various situations. I'll steal that from ya

Work in progress..
Signature Can't break 'em all! // SoccerEvoFC
koblaster12345
4th Dan
PSN: Koblaster
Howling
rawr, bidge.
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
They cover only the iSW ender oki, no?
Signature From Rambo III

StarSaber
Banned By Mod
PSN: PM me
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
It's the main thing you'll need to know anyways.
Signature Originally posted by Nyrepose
I think it's okay. For the first two years I've been playing, throws were essentially 12 frame unblockables