Team Envy to absorb REDRUM

Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Faceneck?
Kyu
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
From: USA Georgia
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Unofficially, Team Envy has just absorbed REDRUM. Apparently, REDRUM will be disbanded sometime this week. Just thought this was relevant to XBL players, being that REDRUM and Envy are 2 of the top clans on all of xbox. Clan matches should be interesting.
Ronny Bojangles
4th Dan
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 41
From: USA New York
XBL: E8MPH
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I doubt anyone cares, and I've never heard of a tekken "clan match" in my life.
Signature MARTY MEKFLY (mek01)
SCRUBN1F1CENT
Lone Wolf
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 300
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Faceneck?
Unofficially, Team Envy has just absorbed REDRUM. Apparently, REDRUM will be disbanded sometime this week. Just thought this was relevant to XBL players, being that REDRUM and Envy are 2 of the top clans on all of xbox. Clan matches should be interesting.


Its not that relevant.
Signature VA TEKKEN RAGE
FENG OF VA
Faceneck?
Kyu
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
From: USA Georgia
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SCRUBN1F1CENT
Its not that relevant.

I post something in a dead forum about XBL tekken and am told it's not relevant in the Xbl Arena. Seems legit. Now I see why this forum died.
SCRUBN1F1CENT
Lone Wolf
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 300
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
The forum is dead because XBL players dont get on Tekken Zaibatsu. How about you convince them to get on here and post? This forum has been dead for XBL. Even back in T6 when I first joined this forum the only XBL posters were from Europe. So two clans fused? oh shi, Should we "watch out" now? What's interesting about them fusing and battling as a team now?
Signature VA TEKKEN RAGE
FENG OF VA
Faceneck?
Kyu
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
From: USA Georgia
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SCRUBN1F1CENT
The forum is dead because XBL players dont get on Tekken Zaibatsu. How about you convince them to get on here and post? This forum has been dead for XBL. Even back in T6 when I first joined this forum the only XBL posters were from Europe. So two clans fused? oh shi, Should we "watch out" now? What's interesting about them fusing and battling as a team now?


I thought your qualm was that it had no relevance. Now it's not interesting. But to answer your question, the two teams have the best players I have encountered on XBL. Envy and REDRUM have had a friendly, competitive rivalry since their inception in September. I'm sorry you find the topic to be irrelevant. Maybe your time would be better spent somewhere more "interesting." (Because putting quotations around words I didn't even use is super cool.)
SCRUBN1F1CENT
Lone Wolf
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 300
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Faceneck?
I thought your qualm was that it had no relevance. Now it's not interesting. But to answer your question, the two teams have the best players I have encountered on XBL. Envy and REDRUM have had a friendly, competitive rivalry since their inception in September. I'm sorry you find the topic to be irrelevant. Maybe your time would be better spent somewhere more "interesting." (Because putting quotations around words I didn't even use is super cool.)


What's your GT?
Signature VA TEKKEN RAGE
FENG OF VA
Ronny Bojangles
4th Dan
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 41
From: USA New York
XBL: E8MPH
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
1. You have no presence on TZ, so it feels like a spam post.
2. Nobody cares about online teams.
3. You didn't link to anything relevant (official announcement, youtube vids, team page).
4. You didn't mention any community members that were part of either team.

If you're basing a team's strength on level and rank, I'd stop. I understand the clan mentality, coming from Starcraft and CS backgrounds, but Tekken is a singles game. Individual strength reigns supreme. If there's no money involved in the matches, and no money involved in being a member of the clan, then it's useless and boring to people who aren't involved. Any investment in a "Tekken Team" is a personal choice, and basically just killing time. Leveling up your team earns absolutely NOTHING in game, or in the Tekken community.

TZ is a weathered community, and most of the people here agree that online Tekken is not real Tekken. It's fun to play in between tournaments and practice mode, but it's just a hobby. On top of that, from what I can tell none of the members of Team Envy are offline players. Get the better players to travel to some tournaments, make a dent in the offline community, and then maybe you'll get taken seriously.

Also, dead or not, do you see any other clan/team threads in this forum? No.
Signature MARTY MEKFLY (mek01)
Faceneck?
Kyu
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
From: USA Georgia
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Ronny Bojangles
1. You have no presence on TZ, so it feels like a spam post.
2. Nobody cares about online teams.
3. You didn't link to anything relevant (official announcement, youtube vids, team page).
4. You didn't mention any community members that were part of either team.

If you're basing a team's strength on level and rank, I'd stop. I understand the clan mentality, coming from Starcraft and CS backgrounds, but Tekken is a singles game. Individual strength reigns supreme. If there's no money involved in the matches, and no money involved in being a member of the clan, then it's useless and boring to people who aren't involved. Any investment in a "Tekken Team" is a personal choice, and basically just killing time. Leveling up your team earns absolutely NOTHING in game, or in the Tekken community.

TZ is a weathered community, and most of the people here agree that online Tekken is not real Tekken. It's fun to play in between tournaments and practice mode, but it's just a hobby. On top of that, from what I can tell none of the members of Team Envy are offline players. Get the better players to travel to some tournaments, make a dent in the offline community, and then maybe you'll get taken seriously.

Also, dead or not, do you see any other clan/team threads in this forum? No.


Ah, now we're numbering our points for more emphasis. You make some valid points (Tekken is an individual game, online tekken isn't real tekken, basing skill on rank, team level is pointless), the only problem is I never implied any of those things, let alone outright said them. Try reading before flaming.

I don't base skill on any of those things. I base skill on observed behaviors during matches. I'm not going to list those things, being that you have an elitist attitude towards someone you know nothing about, you should already know what those are, as do I. I'm not an online bred player. Not that I have to justify myself to two unknown trolls, but I learned to play this game with some of the best Tekken players the US has ever had to offer. I lived with Jackie Tran for over a year, and had weekly sessions with JOP, and Arario. Perhaps you've heard of them. If not, this conversation should probably end right now. I could care less about my "TZ presence". Especially coming from someone with 35 posts. Talk about hypocritical.

Your assumption that none of Envy are tourney players is also incorrect. One member just placed 9th at Winter Brawl, and a number of others have won local tourneys on numerous occasions. I'm not trying to say that any of these accomplishments are major, but only to refute your ignorant claims of an online only clan. Also, members of both clans have ran online tourneys for Microsoft points. I realize that this isn't for money, but they do provide prizes and help the community interest.

So with all of that being said, I still don't understand the amount of hate this post is getting. It was simply to inform members of the XBL community of a team change. If it doesn't interest you, move on. It's funny that you falsely assume that I'm some online only scrub with no concept of what level this game can be played at.

Are either of you going to Final Round? If so, you can flame me there. Look for the 6'5" white guy chillin with all of the ATL crew.
sk0ls
1st Dan
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 10
From: USA North Carolina
XBL: sk0ls OS
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
You try to do something nice to spice up the section just a tiny bit, maybe get people involved in a discussion and all they do is bash it and hide behind archaic tekken logic: Good players online who may or may not to be able to compete in live events are automatically not good players because they play online. Online is not real tekken, even though i've played faceneck in person and online and notice ZERO difference most of the time. TTT2's new netcode and connection implementation haven't changed online tekken at all!!!
Like why are you posting in the XBL section if you don't want to know about RELEVANT xbl news? Two of the biggest groups of players merge and everyone tells you to fuck off... makes sense. If any XBL player has played random player match, joined a random lobby, or played ranked they've without a doubt played with one of the groups members more than once, and since they are definitely full of some of the best players on XBL, it seems very, very relevant to the section we are posting in.

This is the problem with this forum and the tekken community in general: It's an old boys club, so cool and exclusive! meanwhile half the population is wondering why almost no new tekken players are about. Makes sense, guy.
Signature Bob/Bryan
Do you play TTT2 on xbox? I capture matches in HD for free- www.youtube.com/xbltekken
THE SCRUB ZILLA
Raijin
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 629
From: USA Virginia
PSN: AOS_SCRUB_ZILLA
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sk0ls
You try to do something nice to spice up the section just a tiny bit, maybe get people involved in a discussion and all they do is bash it and hide behind archaic tekken logic: Good players online who may or may not to be able to compete in live events are automatically not good players because they play online. Online is not real tekken, even though i've played faceneck in person and online and notice ZERO difference most of the time. TTT2's new netcode and connection implementation haven't changed online tekken at all!!!
Like why are you posting in the XBL section if you don't want to know about RELEVANT xbl news? Two of the biggest groups of players merge and everyone tells you to fuck off... makes sense. If any XBL player has played random player match, joined a random lobby, or played ranked they've without a doubt played with one of the groups members more than once, and since they are definitely full of some of the best players on XBL, it seems very, very relevant to the section we are posting in.

This is the problem with this forum and the tekken community in general: It's an old boys club, so cool and exclusive! meanwhile half the population is wondering why almost no new tekken players are about. Makes sense, guy.



I have played members from both of those clans. As a matter of fact, I was a former member of Red Rum. I just don't get the point of this post since virtually no one from an XBL clan posts on TZ. What you will mostly find here are new players looking for mentors. That's why I say at "this" moment such news seems irrelevant.
Signature Make Wei or be Fenged!
VA TEKKEN RAGE
RVA TEKKEN
FENG OF VA
Ronny Bojangles
4th Dan
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 41
From: USA New York
XBL: E8MPH
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
If you want to hype the situation maybe figure out a way for people NOT on these teams to care. Mention team members people are probably familiar with, mention accomplishments, promotions, etc. Give the random forum reader an actual reason to CARE. Personally, I had a problem with the syntax of the post. It sounded like a lame excuse to promote your team.

And don't bring post count into this. I had another account with more than enough posts, but took a break from tekken and forgot the password. So it goes.

And I'm posting here because I'm bored and I play on xbl, very simple.
Signature MARTY MEKFLY (mek01)
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 3402
PSN: MAD AXES
XBL: Lingxiaowho
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm sorry but that Williams user you have in your team is the worst Williams I have seen, who with any sort of williams intelligence abuses df+3, when doing this even once is death, just proves rank means nothing (says me who loves my ranks XD) btw scrub zilla add me to test the connection when we are both on I need feng experience ALOT.
Signature Galen "Feed me your load"

Lucky Chloe troll
SCRUBN1F1CENT
Lone Wolf
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 300
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by x MAD AXES x
I'm sorry but that Williams user you have in your team is the worst Williams I have seen, who with any sort of williams intelligence abuses df+3, when doing this even once is death, just proves rank means nothing (says me who loves my ranks XD) btw scrub zilla add me to test the connection when we are both on I need feng experience ALOT.


Which part of the US are you from?
__________________________________________________
______________________________________


I am going to take a guess and say that Faceneck is a player on XBL by the name of Goggin. He is in Team Envy. That's why he felt the need to post this. While we are on the subject of clans although it may not be relevant to most players on XBL Brawl and Lawrence have formed a grouped called Bomb Squad. I might join them. So yeah, Clan matches might get interesting.
Signature VA TEKKEN RAGE
FENG OF VA
x MAD AXES x
Anna=washing machine
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 3402
PSN: MAD AXES
XBL: Lingxiaowho
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Lawrence newyears, btw in from northern ireland just want to test connection
Signature Galen "Feed me your load"

Lucky Chloe troll
THE SCRUB ZILLA
Raijin
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 629
From: USA Virginia
PSN: AOS_SCRUB_ZILLA
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by x MAD AXES x
Lawrence newyears, btw in from northern ireland just want to test connection


Surprisingly I can get a decent connection with players from Europe so I'll hit you up tonight.
Signature Make Wei or be Fenged!
VA TEKKEN RAGE
RVA TEKKEN
FENG OF VA
Faceneck?
Kyu
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
From: USA Georgia
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SCRUBN1F1CENT
Which part of the US are you from?
__________________________________________________
______________________________________


I am going to take a guess and say that Faceneck is a player on XBL by the name of Goggin. He is in Team Envy. That's why he felt the need to post this. While we are on the subject of clans although it may not be relevant to most players on XBL Brawl and Lawrence have formed a grouped called Bomb Squad. I might join them. So yeah, Clan matches might get interesting.


Lol why the fuck would I post it if I wasn't in the clan? And yes, Goggin is one of my tags. Somewhat stalkerish, but you got it right. So what's your tag?
THE SCRUB ZILLA
Raijin
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 629
From: USA Virginia
PSN: AOS_SCRUB_ZILLA
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Faceneck?
Lol why the fuck would I post it if I wasn't in the clan? And yes, Goggin is one of my tags. Somewhat stalkerish, but you got it right. So what's your tag?


I've been on this site long enough to see irrelevant and random ass posts. Fortunately I am not a mind reader so I cant answer that question. Most people however show their tag on this site when they post which I see you did not. Had you done so I wouldn't have to guess.

Stalk? You got it twisted homie. I was looking at XBL Tekken videos and happened to find a channel called "XBL Tekken" it didnt take long after looking at a few comments to find out who you were. Especially with there only being 3 videos being uploaded unto to the channel so far. It was merely a coincidence.

My tag is THE SCRUB ZILLA
Signature Make Wei or be Fenged!
VA TEKKEN RAGE
RVA TEKKEN
FENG OF VA
Faceneck?
Kyu
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
From: USA Georgia
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by THE SCRUB ZILLA
I've been on this site long enough to see irrelevant and random ass posts. Fortunately I am not a mind reader so I cant answer that question. Most people however show their tag on this site when they post which I see you did not. Had you done so I wouldn't have to guess.

Stalk? You got it twisted homie. I was looking at XBL Tekken videos and happened to find a channel called "XBL Tekken" it didnt take long after looking at a few comments to find out who you were. Especially with there only being 3 videos being uploaded unto to the channel so far. It was merely a coincidence.

My tag is THE SCRUB ZILLA


Why are you responding under two different screen names?
YZMTT
1st Dan
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 12
From: United Kingdom
PSN: Old XBL: al end u m8
XBL: YZMTT
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Implying anyone's interested in Tekken teams, I was in The Godz on my old account and I only played with them once in the like 3 months i was in it. They don't mean anything because people are too interested in ranking themselves up and getting better, as opposed to leveling their team.
Signature Reality Check XBL.

Ganryu/Bob/Marduk/AMK/Yoshi/Paul/Law/Kuma/Raven player.

 All times are GMT. The time now is 01:01

Page Splits 12>
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump