Wang's Mixups and Oki?

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
aceoraiz
Kyu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi guys! I'm new to Wang and I'm still having problem on his oki and mixup games... a friendly tips and guide would be greatly appreciated.
Signature Please do visit my Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Blog...
sithlord
THE EMPEROR
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Give us something to go on. What moves are you using that aren't working for you? What situations are you in (Opponent at the wall for example) that you'd like more information on?

Here'sa trap/oki vid Aris did with Wang:

http://youtu.be/LrixN3YWV8s
Signature "I'm looking forward to completing your training.
In time, you will call me: MASTER."
HARDCOAR™©®
Join the DARKSIDE
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Really cool video by Aris, but aren't d+3+4 and FC df+4,3 both launchable? I usually go with df+3 at the wall.
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
hey guys so im starting to spike with d2 with the old man. what do you think his best okie options are? especially if they just lay there? i know if they back roll you can get a FC,df2 but can you get anything better like a reset of some kind? what about side rolls? thanks in advance.

EDIT: also, are there a better spike options than d2? for example 1+2?
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I'd go for d2, recovers faster I think. I usually start with d2, cc/ss4 on grounded. Not entirely sure but I think you should be able to just cc (ff) b3 to pick up backrollers or maybe even directly into 1+2 B!
Signature s3:
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
PSN: VargasTheSick
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
I use b+2,1 a lot to catch back rollers. I like d+2, and if they don't do anything wait as long as you can before finishing with 1+2, you can catch some people pushing buttons on wakeup and get a CH juggle. I'd give away all of Wangs new moves to have d+2 to hit grounded again though.
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
numotd
Shihan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
uf+4 ff+2 jab b+2,1 1+2 B! df+3+4 uf+3 wiff FC mix up for tech
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
good shit guys thanks! yeah its looking like a mixup between B! d2 ssl4 or B! d2 sslb3 or B! d2,ff2/ff1+2. i also found a pretty dangerous unblockable tech catch with wang and skillpachi. i'm using it for wangs magic 4 cause i haven't found a good juggle for that launcher yet and people love to tech right after it cause it looks like you fucked up the juggle but it works for every launcher. wang: magic4 1+2 B! pachi:SSR,d2,1 Wang:SSR,f1+4.