Jinpachi vs other characters

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
A.K Winter
4th Dan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Lets share our our experience and starts against other characters ..
i hope the moderators edit the first post and add any useful info..

VS steve
He doesn't have a 15 fr launcher..so there is a less risk using db+1.2 against him (mmm..may i add ws 2??)
you can punish his b+2 with 1.2..but it's safe if was done from it farthest range..

VS Lars
best punishment Jinpachi gets for Lars' uf3 is df32

VS Ganryu
b+2.1 punch reversal (b+2+4 ot b+1+3) for the second hit but note that he can delay it.
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
Stenquistd
3rd Dan
PSN: Mishima123456
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
another note about steve, he mostly punches lol dont be scared to use pachi's counter! u will definately make them not want to push buttons.
Signature Take Time, learn, pace, and succeed.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I'd say start with learning the -14 moves form your opponents. At some point they'll probably throw those moves out and you'll df2 them for it. Some examples:
Drag qcf2 - ws1+2 (df2 whiffs on further pushback)
Yoshi b22
Bruce cd2
Jack df2
Steve dck2
etc
Signature s3:
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by A.K Winter
VS Lars
best punishment Jinpachi gets for Lars' uf3 is df32
Except the part where Jinpachi's best punisher isn't d/f+3,2 against u/f+3. It's like T6 Dragunov all over again, yes b+4,3 was his "best punisher", but Dragunov could also air jab Lars for bobble combo. With that being said, 1) 2 jab to bobble Lars mid-air or 2) u/b+1 to immediately B! Lars. Come to think of it, if u/b+1 can be used to B! him, then b+1+2 should work as well but for some reason it's sticking out in my mind that it doesn't work. Maybe it's too ingrained in my mind that b+1+2 is terrible for solo combos, good for TA! though.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
df+1,1 to float him works as well, (block uf+3), df+1,1, df+3,1 etc etc.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I actually prefer d/f+3,2 after Lars u/f+3. At that range, forward AP 1 is pretty much guaranteed at that range. If he stays grounded or side rolls you pretty much land 85+ damage off of just 3 standing attacks. If he back rolls he'll take less damage, but you can then start dashing forward and doing d/f+3,1 for a combo to make sure he never does that again.

It's pretty much oki game that's always in your favor.

Keep in mind AP 1 needs to be like...Just framed for it to always be guaranteed.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
A.K Winter
4th Dan
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyler2k
Except the part where Jinpachi's best punisher isn't d/f+3,2 against u/f+3. It's like T6 Dragunov all over again, yes b+4,3 was his "best punisher", but Dragunov could also air jab Lars for bobble combo. With that being said, 1) 2 jab to bobble Lars mid-air or 2) u/b+1 to immediately B! Lars. Come to think of it, if u/b+1 can be used to B! him, then b+1+2 should work as well but for some reason it's sticking out in my mind that it doesn't work. Maybe it's too ingrained in my mind that b+1+2 is terrible for solo combos, good for TA! though.

Originally posted by Bopper
df+1,1 to float him works as well, (block uf+3), df+1,1, df+3,1 etc etc.

when i tested it in training mode it's so hard for me to do it in reaction after block..
I have a theoretical idea against lee and raven and correct me if i were wrong
according to mycheat wiki guide for t6 (i don't think they so much changed) one from their weaknesses is the range of their moves in general...
raven
A number of his attacks also have very short range

http://mycheats.1up.com/view/sectio...17/tekken_6/ps3
lee

Most of his moves have decent reach at best

http://mycheats.1up.com/view/sectio...08/tekken_6/ps3
So i think that pachi can keep them out so well with his long range moves..
BTW
(you can check the other characters Strengths and Weaknesses in the right)
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Raven doesn't really have a problem with range anymore now that his qcf+3 launcher is safe and he's always had f,f+3, which is probably the longest range launcher in the game. To be honest I can't really think of a time in (even T6) where I thought, "I wish I wasn't getting zoned out so hard." "Many of Ravenís attacks are really unsafe" is especially true against Jinpachi. WS+1, f,f+3, qcf+4, and d/b+4 are all -14 on block on top of the usually suspects of -15 or worse: qcf+2, SDW 3+4, SDW b+2,3, SDW f,f+3+4, SDW d+3, 4~3, u/f+4,4, d/f+4, d/f+4,4. That's not even including his jab punishable attacks and strings, but you can see against Jinpachi he's extremely vulnerable because of Jinpachi's easy i14 launchers.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
I like to u+4, d+4 Lars after u/f+3 if they seem to be weak at oki
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
You can df2 Lars uf3 and punish it on block for a full launch. Timing is strict, but it's possible.
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Wait a sec...could you jumping neutral hop kick Lars after u/f+3?

Feng can get f+3,4 guaranteed and that's a 21f kick. Isn't jumping neutral hop kicks 20f?
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

#BUFFLARS
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by OffInBed
Wait a sec...could you jumping neutral hop kick Lars after u/f+3?

Feng can get f+3,4 guaranteed and that's a 21f kick. Isn't jumping neutral hop kicks 20f?
It goes over his head for some reason lol. The kick makes you slightly off axis on block so a lot of punishers miss.
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Pachi df2 timing is hella weird after blocking Lars uf3. It works, but it's a pain in the ass.
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
How the fuck does that go over his head? Jesus.

Yea I know it's possible. You need to wait until he stands all the way up.

There are several other attacks where if you swing to early or late, d/f+2 whiffs. Like Nina u/f+1 you can launch that on whiff but you need to hit her almost immediately after she lands. If you wait 2 milliseconds too long, that shit will get high crushed :/

14f launch is cool, but I really wish that shit was a mid. buuuuttt it's really not that punishable so I guess I can't complain. :/

#BUFFLARS