Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
General Mustang
Destroyer
PSN: Jitsuyo_Teki__
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys, as the title says, this will be a guide on how to defend against favorable moves all of the characters like to use, so next time if you see these moves being thrown out a lot, you will know what to do. It will be at a basic level and not really in-depth, sooo yeah. xD If there are any mistakes or things I am missing, please tell me and I will fix it as soon as possible. Anyone can contribute to the guide. Just post in the topic and I'll link the single post here. I will TRY to do at least a character every two days, lol. I will also be taking requests on characters people want to be done. The question marks mean that I'm not exactly sure on the frame, so help would be appreciated there. So yeah... let's get started.

Paul "Solo" Phoenix

FC df+2,1 (m,m) - This move is an NC and comes out at i14.The first hit jails on block. It tracks to the right, so sidestepping to the left will cause this move to whiff. It is -17 on block and pushes back, so f+2 and f+1+2 will be able to punish this move. f+2 has tight timing though, so you should go with f+1+2 instead as it's much easier. The FC df+2 alone is -17 as well.

df+1 (m) - This move comes out at i14 and is safe on block at -2. It tracks to the right, so sidestepping left will cause this move to whiff. df+1,1 is an NC, first hit on block jails, delayable a bit, and is +1 on block. The 1 is a high, so you can just duck and use FC 1. The last part of the string which is df+1,1,2 is a mid and leaves him at -9 on block. The 2 will not hit if you block after the 1. Paul can also sway after he uses df+1. You have to see how your opponent uses df+1 and play accordingly.

d+1 (m) - This move comes out at i14(?) and is safe on block at -9(?). It tracks to the right, so you would need to sidestep this move to the left. The 2 extension can be stepped both ways, even when you block the d+1. You can also use Reversal and 2+3(built in punch parry that gives 1+4 pickup into full juggle) on the 2 extension, though he can just hold the 2 to mess with your timing. If you block the 2 extension, it is -17 on block, but gives a lot of pushback. f+1+2 would whiff against this move on block, so f+2 is the best option to punish it with. f+2 may whiff sometimes too, so if you think you've been pushed back too far, you can probably use f+2~d to make believe you are going for the launch when you really aren't. Won't work all the time, depends on how much your opponent knows about Asuka's f+2 range. d+1 can also make Paul go into FC, so if he does that a lot, you can probably just uf+4 him or uf+3 him if you think he will stand and block the hopkick attempt.

QCF 2 (m) - This move comes out at i13~i15 and is -17 on block, but gives a lot of pushback. f+1+2 and f+2 can punish this move, but f+2 has tight timing, so f+1+2 may be the safer option. You can step this attack both ways and also, be sure not to whiff because this move will obliterate your lifepoints... I mean health bar.

1,2 (h,h) - The 1 in this string jails and this string is his i10 move. The 1,2 is +1 on block, however the 1 by itself is -1. Most of the time, Paul players would just use 1,2 to apply pressure or to punish. Remember though, the move is only +1 on block, so the only move he can get for free is a i10 move, since he has no i11. This leaves him with only 2 options, he can just backdash_sidestep_sway to try and make you whiff a move or he can go for more 1,2. The problem is 1,2 is a high, so it's easily duckable. You can also sidestep this both ways. You can also high crush this string with db+1 and db+2 if you think it's coming out. Reversals and Asuka's 2+3 also handles this move. You just have to read the Paul player and anticipate correctly.

df+2 (m) - This move comes out at i15, juggle starter and is -8 on block. This means all he can do after this move is backdash_sway_sidestep or high/low crush your next move. It tracks to the left, so you should be sidestepping this to the right. It also doesn't launch crouched.

QCF 3 (l} - This move comes out at i18~i20. It tracks to the left, so you can sidestep this right, but it's hard to do. This low is also -19 on block, so always punish this with Asuka's hopkick in most situations. You can also crouch cancel and punish this with her df+2 and anything else that is i19 or less. If you're lazy, just go for WS 3 or WS 1,4. A punish is better than no punish.

d+4,2,1+2 (Demoman) (l,m,m) - This move comes out at i15 and the low on block is -31, Paul being block stunned. When this happens, just hopkick it. The second hit is -19 on block, so punishing this with f+2 is the best option. However, if he does the entire thing, it's -17 on block, but it gives amazing pushback making it impossible to punish unless you're near the wall. Oh and if you try to step the d+4 to the right and it catches you, tripping you in the process, the rest of the followups will whiff.

WS 3,2 (m,h) - This move comes out at i13, the WS 3 alone is -8 on block while the whole thing is -9. It tracks both ways and is an NC. The second hit is duckable even when you block the WS 3.

ff+2:1 (m,h) - This move comes out at i15 and is safe on block at -4. Though, you can duck the high if you block the ff+2. However, without the just frame input, the 1 is a mid and it is -12 on block, so always punish it with Asuka's 2,3_2,1. The ff+2 may hit you because the ff input realigns with the opponent, but other than that, you can step this both ways. You can even step, Reversal. and 2+3 the 1 if you block the ff+2. Not on the just frame high though. With that you will have to duck it. ff+2,1 can also be canceled. To be honest, I think the best option here is just to block because you don't know if the just frame will come out or the mid. It really depends on your opponent for you to decide what to really do.

ff+2,2 (m,l) - This move comes out at i15 and is -19 on block, but due to the pushback, this move cannot be punished unless near the wall. (Someone test this for me because I wasn't able to punish it once near a wall, lol.) This low is VERY seeable and delayable. If you see him try to go under you after the ff+2 it's always the low. The best thing to do if this move is thrown out is to just hopkick it, since going for the block is useless. Even if he does cancel the 2 and try to block the hopkick, it will still hit regardless. Asuka's d+3+4 will work if he decides not to do the cancel, but if he does do the cancel and blocks with b, then he will get hit with the low, but block the high. However, if he tries to block with db, the whole d+3+4 will hit him because the cancel is slow. So basically, if you want guaranteed damage, do the hopkick, if you want more damage with a 2/3 guess that takes no risk whatsoever, do the d+3+4. Oh and this Paul low can be stepped both ways.. so yeah, that's another option. No wonder Namco had to make this move unpunishable, lmao.

uf+3,4 (m,m) - This move comes out at i15(?), is an NC, and the uf+3 by itself is -17 on block, so if the Paul player just decides to use the 3 by itself, just f+2 it. The Paul player will probably go for just the 3 anyways to get more damage from a juggle as he barely gets anything from uf+3,4. However, if he is teaming with someone that has a long TA! filler such as Leo, Steve, Baek, etc, look out for the 4 extension. It will also be likely to come out when you're near the wall because it wallsplats. The extension is -13 like a regular hopkick. Paul players will probably try to mixup uf+4 and uf+3 since they are similar, but here's how you can tell the difference between the two. uf+4 shows that he kicks you with his right leg, but uf+4 shows that he kicks you with his left leg. It will probably be hard for you to see during an actual game, but if you do, then that's great. xD You can step them all both ways, except for uf+4, it tracks a bit to the right, so you would have to step left. So yeah, in general, if you are getting mixed up by hopkicks and don't know which one is coming out, just step left. If you don't know which hopkick you blocked, then use your i12 2,1_2,3 to punish it.

QCB 4 (h) - This move comes out at i15~17 and it is +3 on block. If you end up getting CH by this attack, you will be stunned into a combo. Basically, if you block this move, just don't press any buttons and block/move accordingly. However, this move is a high, so you can just duck it or high crush it with db+2 or db+1. It's a homing move, so if you are sidestepping a lot, be prepared to get smacked in the face with this attack, unless you anticipate it.

db+2 (m) - This move comes out at i16(?) and it is -6(?) on block. On CH, it stuns you into a combo. This will be used by most Paul players as their mid poke/CH fisher. It has fairly good range for a poke as he can hit you from a backdash and 3 steps away. However, it can be stepped either way and it can also be reversable. He also gets a lot of frame advantage if it hits leaving him at about +6. So yeah, don't be the one to swing after you get hit with this or it's lights out. Seriously though, 98% of the time, don't attack if you've been hit by a move by anyone in the game... we don't got time for that.

QCF 4 (m) - This move is basically his WS 4, but with the sway input. It usually comes out at i11 but can come out at i11~i13 due to the sway. It's safe on block at -6(?). It can be stepped both ways and can also be reversaled. This move will be used as Paul's other mid poke and also as a keepout move. So be careful of trying to close the distance. Best thing to do is to just step it or block it.

d+1+2 (m) - This move comes out at i12 and on block it is -16. This move is mainly used for block and whiff punishing. It has exceptionally good range, but if you block it, you can just d+3+4 launch him as your punisher. It can be stepped both ways as well.

db+3_d+3 (l) - Both of these moves come out at i15(?) and they are both -18 on block. The best punish to do if you block this is WS 1,4 or if you can crouch cancel, you can do df+2 instead for a launch. These moves both track to the left, so make sure you step right if you want to avoid them.

QCB 3 (l) - This move comes out at i18~20 and is -20 on block, so the hopkick is your best choice if you block this move. However it is the start of his QCB 3,2,1_QCB 3,2,3 string. The 2 is a mid, but it is -10 on block. The last part of the string consists of the 1, which is a high, which means you can duck it if you block the 2, and it's -10 on block with a lot of pushback. So that move is basically safe, unless you are near a wall. The other last part of the string is the 3 which is a low and it has 0 frames on hit and block. So yeah, the best thing to do if a Paul player is using the entire string a lot is to just duck with db as you'll be able to block the low and also duck the high. QCB 3 tracks to the left, so step it to the right.

SS 1 (h) - This move comes out at i20~30 which is REALLY slow and it's +8 on block. It also block stuns you and has decent range. So yeah, if you block this, DON'T PRESS BUTTONS YOU WILL DIE! It can be stepped both ways though and it's a high. So if you see him sidesteping and using this move a lot, just step or duck it since blocking it is not the best thing to do. You can also just f+4 him if you notice him sidestepping to get this move out. f+4 beats it in startup time and is your plus frame homing move. You can use 3~4 to catch him and it high crushes which is a bonus.

df+4 (m) - This move comes out at i19 and it is -1 on block. This is another one of Paul's safe mid pokes that he will be throwing out, but you can step it both ways and it is reversable. On CH it stuns you, but it is a breakable stun. It has good range, so be careful if you're trying to go in.

QCB 1+2 (m) - This move comes out at i18~i20 and it is -14 on block, so I would punish it with d+3+4. It launches and you can step it both ways.

b+2 (m) - This move comes out at i21, so this move is really slow. It is safe on block at -8, so normally if this move gets blocked, he won't really do anything. It's a homing move and on CH it gives an unbreakable stun. So yeah, watch how you are stepping. It is also reversable. Not much you can do vs this move but anticipate it if you know you've been stepping way too much and do whatever from there since you are at +8 if you block it. Also remember it has a really slow startup time.

b+3 (h) - This move comes out at i14 and it is -6 on block. It launches, but since it is a high, you can duck this and punish him. It can also be stepped both ways.

b+1+2 (h) - This move comes out at i24 which is another really slow move he has. It is +3 on block, so don't press buttons unless you think he is going to throw out a i14 move or higher. It can be stepped both sides and can be ducked. It has a really slow startup time, so this move can be compared to SS 1 as they kinda do the same exact thing.

It seems like Paul is more weak to sidestep left over sidestep right, since his strongest moves track to the right. Most of his lows track to the left though. Paul also seems to be more punishable when your back is against the wall, so keep that in mind. Also, be wary of Paul's sway as it can make some of your highs whiff and his crouch dash has some high crush frames in it as well, so just don't throw out random jabs or 2's vs Paul with no thought process behind it. Oh and wan moar thing, DO NOT WHIFF OR THROW OUT UNSAFE SHIT AGAINST PAUL, YOU WILL FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all.

Edit: Sidestep right vs Paul.

Last edited by General Mustang on Mar 18th, 2013 at 02:36

Signature <3
General Mustang
Destroyer
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
List of characters

Alex
Alisa Bosconovitch
Ancient Ogre
Angel
Anna Williams
Armor King
Asuka Kazama
Baek
Bob/Slim Bob
Bruce
Bryan
Christie
Devil Jin
Dr. Bosconovitch
Dragunov
Eddy
Feng
Forest Law/Marshall Law
Ganryu
Heihachi Mishima
Hwoarang
Jack-6/P.Jack
Jin
Jinpachi Mishima
Jaycee
Jun Kazama/Unknown
Kazuya Mishima
King
Kuma/Panda
Kunimitsu
Lars
Lee/Violet
Lei Wulong
Leo
Lili/Sebastian
Marduk
Michelle Chang
Miguel
Ling Xiaoyu/Miharu Hirano
Nina Williams
True Ogre
Paul Phoenix
Raven
Roger Jr.
Steve Fox
Tiger
Wang Jinrei
Yoshimitsu
Zafina

Last edited by General Mustang on Apr 6th, 2013 at 16:44

Signature <3
General Mustang
Destroyer
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Reserved.
Signature <3
General Mustang
Destroyer
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
More reserves.
Signature <3
General Mustang
Destroyer
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
so i herd u liek reserves.
Signature <3
General Mustang
Destroyer
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Alisa Bosconovitch

db+3 (L) – Nerfed a lot since BR, but still very annoying. Although it’s only 12 damage and -2 on hit, it has excellent range, is i17 and tech crouches throughout the animation. It also has complete tracking to her left, though sidewalk left will avoid it. When blocked, Alisa’s at -13, so WS+4 will usually punish it, though be aware that WS+4 won’t reach if blocked at max range.

b+3 (M) – Alisa’s best homing move – it’s a i20 mid with solid range that wall splats on hit and is -9 on block. In many situations, there isn’t much you can do other than to block and start a mix-up with the frame advantage you gain. If you see it coming, you can try and interrupt them, or if you’re not at close range you can try and backdash away – the worst that will happen is that you can’t get any immediate punishment.

b+1(M) – One of her better mid pokes, b+1 is i15, doing decent damage and +8 on hit. It’s -5 on block, and it leaves her in FC, so she won’t be able to star moving laterally straight away. This means that you can go for moves without much tracking like d+2 or even 1+2 as a mix-up. If it hits, the best option is usually to backdash away – sidewalking will get hit by either WS+1+2 or WS+4, whereas backdashing may only incur a generic low poke (or possible FC df+1+2 depending on range). Regarding avoiding the move altogether, sidewalking in either direction should do the trick.

4(H) – A magic 4 with a difference – this i13 kick wall-splats on hit and juggles on counterhit, and is only -5 on block. It tracks very well to her right, but not as well to her left – sidewalk right will avoid it. In addition, if you outside of range of mids like df+1, tech crouch moves like db+4 can work well if they’re spamming 4 a lot.

df+2(M) – Alisa’s bread-and-butter launcher – it’s i16 and -9 on block, so she can throw it out and not face guaranteed punishment in return. The move doesn’t launch crouchers, but it does give her a hefty frame advantage of +7, so she can still continue pressure. The tracking on the move isn’t very good – sidewalking in either direction will avoid it.

df+4(M) – Her fastest mid poke at i12, this quick attack has decent range, and is +4 on hit. It has some tracking, but not much – the move can be sidewalked in either direction, but more easily to the right. It’s also –7 on block, so puts her at a considerable disadvantage on block.

df+1(M) – Her second fastest mid poke, i13, and more versatile than df+4. The poke on its own is -6 on block and +5 on hit. Neither of the follow-up attacks are natural combo – df+1,1,2 is easy to react to; duck and punish. Like 4, the move has very good tracking to her right, but not to her left, so sidewalk left to avoid it.

b+3+4 (M) – This is generally reserved for whiff punishment, something which it is very good at. The only way to avoid it then is to never whiff (and with Alisa’s movement, that’s much easier said than done). However, on the off-chance that you block it, 1+2 or f+2 will punish it. If they go for the second follow-up hit (it’s easy to recognize whether or not they’ll go for it if you take note of the animation), sidewalk and then punish.

WR2/WR 3,4/WR 4 (H/M,M/L) – Alisa has a much better WR mixup than most. WR 2 is high and linear, but leaves her at +4 on block, and if it hits she gets a free f+1+2 afterwards for over 60 damage! WR 3,4 tracks very well, does solid damage and is -7 on block. WR 4 is the same as everyone else's, but combined with the two listed above, it makes Alisa running towards you a very scary scenario. WR 4 and WR 2 can both be sidewalked easily, but WR 3,4 is harder – it’s doable, but requires stricter timing. For this move though, you specifically need to sidewalk left.

Thanks for the contribution, Minty_Pears! Much appreciated.

Last edited by General Mustang on Feb 1st, 2013 at 23:15

Signature <3
Malekith
Fujin
PSN: Malekith1984
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice thread!!
Signature
General Mustang
Destroyer
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Haha! Thanks a lot man. Feng will be coming up tomorrow. Makes sense since Asuka hates that dojo destroying, father beating, tea drinking, Vegeta eyebrow, son of a bitch.
Signature <3
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
: Haha you don't know my moves and I'm gonna get you with ignorance lol....... noooo not a quick handy guide to deal with my BS!!!

Lol I feel bad now cause I wish I though of doing Feng. But I've played Lei for years and would like to help newer players deal with his "crap" since most of the time Lei players (including myself) will exploit ignorance BIG time.

1: General Overview

If you play with Lei for any length of time you will realize his major flaw. Yes the character has hundreds of moves from many stances but he has almost no way to force a plus frame mix-up on you from one of his stances on block. In other words, if Lei has hit you and transitioned into a stance you're screwed and have to guess. However, if you have just blocked his move and see he transitioned into a stance you (more than likely) are at frame advantage and can take the offensive or backdash if you wish. The most famous example of this is razor rush.

Dealing with a BT cancel happy Lei - He is trying to bait you into attacking. His BT cancel gives his unbelievable movement, either he is looking to buffer a ff3 launch or do a BT low launcher. The key here is simply to be patient and wait for him to do something stupid. Otherwise have your longest ranged move ready to punish him when you see your opening, remember he can't block when in BT stance.

2: Key moves

Lei has some great moves that not many people know how to deal with, here are the main ones.

f,n,1,2,1,2,3_4 (razor rush) - You'll see all Lei players spam this move, because it's so good, but it has many flaws people don't realise. For starters the low option from this string is -17 so most of the cast can launch him (it looks a lot safer). However be careful because the mid option is safe and an excellent setup for a BT cancel for Lei to make you wiff and launch you. Don't attack if you block the mid, unless you are confident in predicting the Lei player.
Lei is at significant frame disadvantage after transitioning into his stances from razor rush on block, so don't be afraid to hopkick or throw out a mid launcher to catch him pressing buttons presuming you'll freeze. However he does have options to get around you pressing buttons also, it's all about predicting what he going to do. In general the best option is to do a fast mid (preferably launcher) immediately after he exits razor rush into a stance. Tiger stance can parry this, (after 4 hits) but the parry leaves Lei at 0 frames so it's not scary.

f4,2 - This is another great move which (good) Lei players will spam. It's high, mid and high crushes extremely well. On CH Lei will get an easy 100+ combo (no kidding) and the move is 0 on block. So personally I like to do 2-3 of them in a row lol. The only way to counter this move is to parry the second hit, otherwise you're letting him away with murder. It's his anti CH 4 move.

ff3 - This is his main wiff punisher. He has the option to stay facing you or go BT after, EVERY lei player will go BT since he gets a better solo combo. In this situation punish him with a fast mid, I believe you need a 14 frame mid to punish it consistently. DO NOT DO A HIGH!!!! Lei will do his BT low to CH launch you. Also NEVER punish this at the wall, it has a high follow up which will kill you. In general never punish this move if you has a little health left, the Lei player is probably trying to catch you with the high hoping you'll try to punish the mid.

db4 - This low used to just annoy you in T6, but now you can get pretty decent damage with tag assault. However you're left with a lot of red health and rage, so it's not that bad when you're hit with this. The move requires Lei to be REALLY close for it to juggle, so don't fear this unless he's right up in your face.

ss4 A safe tag bufferable mid launcher, a popular choice for Lei players to mix up with db4. SS into db4 or 4. It's -8 on block so a quick mid to keep him in check is smart.

uf3+4 - Another popular move to throw out (mid launcher). It's very linear so keep side stepping at mid screen incase he uses it. On block Lei will probably do d1 or a BT hopick. SS him to beat both options, he does have a tracking mid but Lei players rarely use it. Also be weary of the followup, you can float him out of it, but it doesn't juggle so don't worry if it hits!

db1 - A new low that transitions into sitsnake, you can df1 him to beat both of his mixups options after even when it hits you! This move is crap but if you don't know you can beat him out of it a Lei will abuse it on you, at the wall it's especially lethal. The low is -29 and the mid -10.

df1+2~f - A mid which transitions into Tiger stance. This move now leave Lei at 0 frames on block so don't be afraid to attack after. He can't beat your jabs but he can parry them, also I believe TGR 4 high crushes. He can also crush lows with TGR f3 so it's a guessing situation. (will edit this after when I test the jab thing). SS to his left should beat everything however, that's why you want to fight Lei on the 2p side so you can SS after this (it forces crouch). It's not a great move anymore since namco nerfed the frames.

f3,1,2 - (i16 frame punisher) Lei players might try to poke with this string as the first two are NC and do massive damage, also the third is a delayable launcher at -12. Punish the last part or duck the second hit.

f,n,4,1,2....... - A very good string his options are h,m,m,h (NCC wall splat) look too duck this at the wall if Lei is just throwing it out. H,m,m,m,l the low is -17. Also he can stop at the third mid here and transition to dragon stance again, and just keep doing it..... the last thing to be careful of is the the first two hits can transition after to Tiger/Dragon stance. (low launcher look out!)

bb1,d2 - A new move, high low and -14. Keep an eye out for it.

uf3 - This looks like a hopkick and transitions to crane stance but it's safe on block and only launches on CH for HUGE damage. If you're a Mishima player with a -18 10 frame punisher make sure you don't try punish this lol.

b4,1 - l,h sting, the first is +2 and gives BT mixups. Non jailing

df1,1,1 - m,h,m string. Often Lei will delay this to try and get a wall splat. Either duck the second hit or punish the last mid. -13/14

df1+2 - This move used to be a lot more abuse able in T6 when it gave + frames. Now it's 0 on block but still forces crouch, beware because it goes into TGR and a low launcher is probably coming after this. I recommend that you SS right after this, it will beat all the options, but of course you can only do this on the 2p side. Otherwise a crouch jab will beat all except his f3 option, but if you know he'll do that a WS4 will win. In fact ( I apologise for not having tested this) but I think WS4 will beat all options anyway, however the auto parry in the stance should beat this, otherwise Lei could back dash also, be careful!

Stances here we go......

This is a diluted guide to dealing with his stances.

Snake - Nothing really scary from this stance. Just be sure to block and launch 2,2,2 (mid,mid,low). Also be sure to duck 1,2,1,2 (high, mid,mid,high).

Panther - His main mixup here is mid and low. The low knocks down but does't launch and the mid is only -10. Also he parry's lows in this stance and high crushes. So basically, do a quick mid or guess mid or low! It's up to you depending on the situation.

Tiger - Here is a scary stance, he has an un-seeable low launcher and plenty of decent (non launching) mids to mix it up with. Always block low when you see this, so long as you have the health to take a mid. Also Lei parries all highs and mids in this stance, so either bait a wiff or do a quick long reaching low.

Dragon stance - Lei only has one move you need to know from this stance, his "dragon throw". It is a 1 break and really easy to see, you should never get thrown by it. An experienced player might press 1 to break it, but Lei can also use his high crushing CH mid launcher to counter this. But this really only happens in high level play, if you prove to the Lei player you always break the grab then maybe start worrying about this lol.

You don't have to worry about Phoenix stance really, especially since they nerfed the unblockable.

Back turned- How many times have you been hit by hit BT d1 lol? You can't parry it, and on hit it's +5. And believe it or not it's safe on block at -6. However a WS 4 is more or less guaranteed after you block it since he's BT. Be careful of BT d4 also, his unseeable low launcher, -23 stagger on block, this is the reason Lei players try to out-space you with BT cancels. With BT4~b and a hopkick his mid options are nice also, the first being safe and the second -13 I guess. His tracking move BT 2 is -10. Watch out for his BT 1,1,3,2 h,m,l,h string. It wall splats believe it or not! The low onwards is NC.

Crane - A straight forward stance. He can't block mid or high, but he launches lows automatically. The big low 4 is -19 and all other options are pretty safe. make sure you go to parry the second hit of his strings from this. He only has one string so always go to parry and you'll get him.

All the floor stances - No one ever remember these so I'm gonna simplify it.

Always guess mid or low.

He has one mid launcher from these four stances in his face up head towards you stance. In the other situations it's usually wise to guess low since his mid options are less annoying. The face up head towards you stance is really the only scary one since it's the only one with a mid/low launch guessing game (bad range also). You could try jump over him or SS him if you don't wanna try guess.

I'll probably have to keep updating this lol.

Last edited by Skeering on Apr 19th, 2013 at 11:02

Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
General Mustang
Destroyer
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh wow, thanks a lot for the input Skeering. Good shit man, now you got me determined to continue the thread. xD Updated the character thing.
Signature <3
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Glad to help lol I've wanted to do this for a while. While I re-read it I noticed some things I left out haha. Like his df1 string.

I hope I've inspired fregus chan to do ling/miharu also.

Oh I'll have to start using Lei "legit" if he reads my post.

Also I should post links to what the stances look like. Most people won't know the difference between panther, tiger and dragon lol.

I started religiously using this character after seeing Jackie Chan in "The Drunken Master".

Just like when I saw Asuka in "The Drunken Slut" lol. So dirty.
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
Fergus
Kazama Slamma
PSN: Fergus2k8
XBL: FlowchartFergus
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh I'm absorbing all this don't worry >_>

I'll do up Lings next week altho it won't help Skeering much as I don't really abuse Lings stuff PPPPP
Signature + main. Interested in + for T7

Join CKT Group, the new upcoming tekken clan, join the family! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/CKTTekken/?fref=ts

Thanks VendettaAshes for the avatar!
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
So says mr BT1,4 and SS3.......

That's alright you'll be too distracted looking for "The Drunken Slut" movie to do any Lei practice.
Signature

Fergus
Kazama Slamma
PSN: Fergus2k8
XBL: FlowchartFergus
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
SS3 vs your Kuni D:, one settttttttttt
Signature + main. Interested in + for T7

Join CKT Group, the new upcoming tekken clan, join the family! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/CKTTekken/?fref=ts

Thanks VendettaAshes for the avatar!
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
XBL: Jason4579
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I'll admit that I did a google search on it, Skeering :p
Signature [Jun] +

Your = Possessive. As in 'your grammar sucks'
You're = You are. As in 'you're an idiot for not knowing the difference'
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
The girl from Osaka can't handle her Sake!
Signature

Weizegger
Shihan
PSN: WidowmakerPL
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Awesome topic! will there be more? There are a lot of scrubbish characters around to fight with....
Signature Anata yowai, wa