TTT2 Asuka Punisher's & Combo Fillers

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Here is a reference for all new players of Asuka's punishers.

1: Standing -
i10 : 1 into strings/mixups (bad damage but great mind games). Usually Asuka players will try to sneak in 1,3_1,4 to get extra damage off her i10 frame punisher. If people start to block these lows she can begin to abuse 1,1,3 or the slightly riskier 1,2,4 to get a fantastic "punish" from -10 moves.
i11 : 4
i12 : 2,1 or 2,3 (2,3 is unsafe so make sure you commit to the punish correctly)
i13 : df4
i14 : 3,1 or uf+2 (the latter is useful for punishing Law DSS f+1 mid punch)
i15 : df+2 or f+1+2 (f1+2 for those moves with a bit of pushback to them)
i16 : b+3 or 1+2
i17 : f+2
i19 : f+4
i20 : uf+4

At optimal range it is possible to launch Paul's Deathfist with f+2. Likewise she can punish Hei ff+2 with f1+2 at closest range.

For WS punishment

i11 : WS4
i14 : uf+2_WS2,1
i15 : WS1,4
i16 : cc into df+2 (one frame link, impossibly hard). It is however useful for punishing Miguel's db+1 at -18
i17 : cc into 1+2 (also impossibly hard).
i19 : WS3
i20 : uf4

Here is a list of her useful combo fillers

2 hit filler = 2,3 or db4,3
3 hit filler is b+2.4.3 (useful for lei db+4 combo and Roger/Alex db+3)
4 hit filler is b+2,4,4,3 (Useful for Hwo FLA low juggle starter - finish with hunting hawk)
5 hit filler is b+2,4,4,4,3 (can be used to TA! Cappo Relax low combo starter - finish with SS4~3)

Less seen combo fillers in the open include...

b+3,4,3 (possible after quick bound).
b+2,1+2,4

At the Wall

The staple Asuka solo wall combo is

b+4,2 B! b+2,1,4

If you bound with 2,1,1+2 you will need to end the combo with f+1,3_b+4,2
1+4,2,d+4 will also connect but it is somewhat unreliable.

Against bigs (Kuma etc) finish your combo post bind with 1+4,2,4 for more damage.

If you carry to a wall post B! with a long combo 1+4,2,d+4 is the most damaging wall ender. Use f+1,4_b+4,2 if you are nervous the first sting will wiff.

Finally, after a long combo where you carry to the wall without a B! and you bound with b+4,2 b+2,1,3 will do more damage than b+2,1,4 when you are finishing the combo with solo Asuka.

During a tag assault

Her fillers at the wall are generally...

b+2,1,d+4

b+4,2

df+1,4

b+3,4,3

To end a tag assault combo at the wall she generally does...

f+1,4 (most reliable)

b+4,2

df+1,4

The solo wall combo enders I listed above can also work, it is up to you to find the optimal combo in all situations, good luck and have fun!

I can take red life in combos? Yes please...

On a side note she also has great ability to take red life if you tag her with the right partner. Off pretty much every launcher 1+2_df2_b3,4,3_CH SS4 etc she can tag out and your partner can do a red life combo without giving your opponent rage. Some of the best partners for this are Hei_Lars_Bruce_Jun_Jaycee_Bob_Yoshi_Jack_Leo_Lili_
Miguel_ Roger/Alex_Wang (probably missing some here) To do this during launch immediately do db4,3 5 TA! etc....

Example : Asuka 1+2, db+4,3,5.... (Julia for example) ff+1, d,df+1,3,1+2 B! fff2+4

Here Asuka started a launch with her safe 1+2, then she tagged off db+4,3 to let Jaycee continue the combo pre-bound. Because of this the combo will now not leave any red life for your opponent and you will not give their partner netsu. This means they have also (most likely) not got the ability to tag crash and you can continue your pressure better.

Hope this helps newer players! This information wasn't easily available anywhere on the Asuka forums and several people have asked for it so I took the initiative. Unorganised forums annoy me

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/jin-asuka17495/hjhj.jpg

Last edited by Skeering on Jan 31st, 2013 at 22:46

Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
Fergus
Kazama Slamma
PSN: Fergus2k8
XBL: FlowchartFergus
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Her b3,4,3 can be used in open, like with Miharu AOP uf3,1 launch, I can fit in b3,4,3 and then f2,1,4.

For WS punishment, can we not do cc df+2 for i15 and cc f+2 for i17 or does the cc take extra frames to do?
Signature + main. Interested in + for T7

Join CKT Group, the new upcoming tekken clan, join the family! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/CKTTekken/?fref=ts

Thanks VendettaAshes for the avatar!
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Technically for -16 when crouched you can tap u and df2 as the cc takes 1 extra frame.

cc with either ~u or ~ff

Use ff for punishing stuff like Bruce cd3 with Changs' ff3.

Easier said than done but a lot easier for -18 stuff like Miguel's db1.

Stop drawing me back to this forum!!!!

It's not been the same since Bill and Yuki-Chan left...
Signature A split second is only 30 frames.
Fergus
Kazama Slamma
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
But we wuv you D:

Join CKT Group, the new upcoming tekken clan, join the family! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/CKTTekken/?fref=ts

Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah where did Bill go? I guess with the lack of activity on TZ lately due to this....

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...973#post4642973

...there's only need for one mod per forum really. However it still doesn't feel right

BTW have updated the first post. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Skeering on Jan 31st, 2013 at 19:05

Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
XBL: Jason4579
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
W! b+4,2 B! b+2,1,3

Does more damage after a longer wall carry due to the grounded hit at the end.

Also, the 2,1,1+2 B! combo at the wall is a little mixed up.

W! d+2 B! 1+4,2,d+4 - Single-hit bound combo

W! 2,1,1+2 B! f+1,3_4 - f+1,3 for longer wall-carry enders, f+1,4 for splats and short carries.

Great job on putting all the information together
Signature [Jun] +

Your = Possessive. As in 'your grammar sucks'
You're = You are. As in 'you're an idiot for not knowing the difference'
General Mustang
Destroyer
PSN: Jitsuyo_Teki__
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Skeering, good job with this guide as I'm sure it will help out a lot of newer players trying to learn Asuka. xD I'll be making a post on how do deal with character's most used/top moves. It will be on a basic level, not really in-depth or anything like that. I already just finished Paul, now there is a lot more to go. I was originally doing this for myself, but I figured why not share the information with everyone else? << Oh and by the way, when I subscribe to the forums, I'm taking that Asuka picture you posted.
Signature <3
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks guys, I have updated the post again! I learn new things about Asuka everyday lol.

If you'd like some help with that General Mustang I might be able to do a few of those guides also. I've learned a lot about the matchups in this game since it's release.
Signature

General Mustang
Destroyer
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Ahhhh, that would be really cool. Your help would be greatly appreciated. xD This might take a long time due to how many characters are there and the movelists some characters have (Feng, Nina, Hwoarang, Lei, etc). >> I'm doing a character a day, Paul was yesterday, Feng is today. 25 top moves to do for him according to their forum. X_X
Signature <3
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Well I know an awful lot about Lei so whenever you start the thread I can do them at least. There's a lot of good anti character posts in the Jaycee forums you could use/modify if you want?
Signature

Fergus
Kazama Slamma
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
I can do the Xiaoyu/Miharu matchup.

BlackViper55
War Lord
PSN: RenegadeBlade27
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
How about Asuka's ff+2? Both its extensions are NC and it's i16.
Signature My TTT2 Teams:
Males: Devil Jin/Armor King, Paul/Heihachi, Marduk/Jack-6, Lee/Hwoarang, Ancient Ogre/Jinpachi
Females: Miharu/Asuka, Michelle/Jun, Kunimitsu/Zafina, Jaycee/Anna, Lili/Nina
But I always pick different teams
General Mustang
Destroyer
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, that ff+2 series works in wall combo fillers and enders.
Signature <3
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
I normally use ff2,1 as a combo ender since it's easy, damaging and reliable. ff2,1+2 if the combo prior has one hit.

Have to admit I've never used it as a filler, but it would work I'm sure.I just think it's easier to get followups with db4,3. But ff2,1+2 is good as and ender at the wall.
Signature

BlackViper55
War Lord
PSN: RenegadeBlade27
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
But I think I can use it as an i16 punisher, right?
Signature My TTT2 Teams:
Males: Devil Jin/Armor King, Paul/Heihachi, Marduk/Jack-6, Lee/Hwoarang, Ancient Ogre/Jinpachi
Females: Miharu/Asuka, Michelle/Jun, Kunimitsu/Zafina, Jaycee/Anna, Lili/Nina
But I always pick different teams
pIchu
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
f,f+2,1 comes out in 16f with perfect execution. Not as hard, as say... a 13f EWGF... but you get the gist of it. If you are in range, just go for a 1+2 for -16 moves.