XBL: Punisher1564
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
ISW Tutorial Montage

Level Up King Break Down

How to Play King Tutorial: The Basics

Wave Dash Reference Video

All of Kings Throw Breaks

Rolling Death Cradle On Pad - Most Useful Info for stick players at 1:30

HELP KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN PLEASE PM ME SUGGESTED VIDEOS PLZ DONT POST VIDEOS I WILL ADD PM'd VIDEOS TO THE 1st POST

Last edited by XBLPunisher1564 on Apr 26th, 2013 at 19:11

XBLPunisher1564
7th Dan
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
COMBOS
A Juggle Method worth checking out

100 + Damage Combos Last Combo is Full Life = Insane

King/ AK/ Murdock

King/AK Combo Vid

Last edited by XBLPunisher1564 on Jan 28th, 2013 at 19:49

jaguar94
Virtuoso
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey XBL punisher, no offense mate but seriously I would suggest that we rename this thread as follows:
King VS _____ , in which we would share and discuss some key infos about King's match ups. I have just made a video about how to punish Lee (part.1), because I think he's a tough character for King. I'd like to hear from you guys about this match-up (the approach of Lee, the gameplay to adopt against a poker etc..).

King vs Lee (1/2)

King vs Lee (2/2)

Last edited by jaguar94 on Jan 26th, 2013 at 01:53

Signature Can't break 'em all! // SoccerEvoFC
XBLPunisher1564
7th Dan
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jaguar94
Hey XBL punisher, no offense mate but seriously I would suggest that we rename this thread as follows:
King VS _____ , in which we would share and discuss some key infos about King's match ups. I have just made a video about how to punish Lee (part.1), because I think he's a tough character for King. I'd like to hear from you guys about this match-up (the approach of Lee, the gameplay to adopt against a poker etc..).

Jaguar - What your referring to is a King Match Up Thread - Its different from a Video Tutorial Thread -

Also I'm trying to keep this thread clean so please take your video down I just added it to the original Post
jaguar94
Virtuoso
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Im a create a new thread. Do as you wish, but seriously what's the utility of your 1st video?
XBLPunisher1564
7th Dan
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jaguar94
Im a create a new thread. Do as you wish, but seriously what's the utility of your 1st video?

Ok no problem - Can you please remove your video? Trying to keep the thread clean at least on the first page.
jaguar94
Virtuoso
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
King vs Ling (1/3)

King vs Ling (2/3)

King vs Ling (3/3)

Dr.King vs SoDam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptpg7Z0_Q5M

King vs Steve

Last edited by jaguar94 on Feb 13th, 2013 at 01:19

Iz-GOod
Deity
PSN: Iz-GOod
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
"Having Problems Getting more than 90 dmg from TA? Just use 4"

Dude, starting a combo with 4 after launch is extremely unreliable. I don't care how much damage it is, it's way too dependent on axis/range, I wouldn't recommend it to any King player.
Signature You can't escape the crotch dive. Nobody escapes the crotch dive.
XBLPunisher1564
7th Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Iz-GOod

Dude, starting a combo with 4 after launch is extremely unreliable. I don't care how much damage it is, it's way too dependent on axis/range, I wouldn't recommend it to any King player.

I understand where your coming from - I just started messing with it last night after I posted it here

- as far as it being "extremely unreliable" I can't completley agree mainly BC of the consistancy of UF4

- but as I said before I understand where your coming from - I'm gonna change the video header
jaguar94
Virtuoso
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
I have just edited my 3rd post by adding a tutorial video about how to punish Steve. Enjoy
XBLPunisher1564
7th Dan
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Glad to Add a how to play King Tutorial Video - Wish this video was out when I started playing
jaguar94
Virtuoso
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Here is my video about how to punish Lars with King

King vs Lars
Master_Baihu
Lone Wolf
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm in the process of doing this with EVERY character in the game, learning how to punish characters that is with King. Jaguar94, you have done an excellent job for us fellow King players, and since seeing your videos I don't have to sit in practice mode to learn how to punish Lee/Violet, Ling/Miharu, Steve & Lars, what a Legend!
Signature "Stay calm and concentrate only on your mind...That is the state of a clear mind... like a polished mirror". Lishao Tao - Shenmue II
Star Saber
Banned By Mod
PSN: lurking out there.
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Iz-GOod

yeah, I would say it's far from the best, too.

honestly, in terms of damage I think the best uf+4 juggle King has is just f+1,2, f+1, f+2,2,2 this does 51 damage after uf+4 iirc which is the same damage as f+3, f+1, f+2,2,2 (and carries better, too) but is a lot more reliable than the f+3 one, but you need to hit the uf+4 fairly close and totally from the front. But the thing is, you can pretty much judge your positioning, your alignment and distance as you do the f+1,2 jabs to decide if you can follow with one more f+1 jab or just go straight into the f+2,2,2.

The one problem with f+2,2,2 is that it recovers slower than b+2,1+2 so following the f+2,2,2 bound with an iSW might be harder (than it is after b+2,1+2) for the beginners out there.

the most reliable combo has to be f+2,2, f+1, b+2,1+2 still... if you want to break a floor you might use b+1,4 in place of b+2,1+2.

Sometimes off certain launchers that tend to have a lot of range you can do things like, doing f+2,2,2 then a TA and then a SSL+3+4 which does more damage than the iSW (22 dmg in a combo iirc).

For instance with my mains King/Angel I sometimes do Angel WS+2~5, King f+2,2,2~5, Angel f+3,2,1, King SSL+3+4 because I can't tell if Angel's WS+2 was a shallow hit or not... if her WS+2 was a shallow hit, I would miss the f+1 in f+2,2, f+1, b+2,1+2 and drop the combo, so that's what I do. That combo I mentioned does a bit less dmg than WS+2~5, f+2,2, f+1, b+2,1+2~5, f+3,2,1, iSW but it's more reliable as far as reach goes I think.

that's my 2 cents.

Last edited by Star Saber on May 23rd, 2013 at 18:06

Signature "In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity"
Random noob comment upon watching my King in a TR session: "How crazy is that tiger. Someone take him to the zoo."
#BUFFANGEL #BUFFWTF
Originally posted by noodalls
Didn't think I'd ever say it, but you guys need to try to be more like Star Saber when you post.
SnowHigh
1st Dan
PSN: SnowHigh
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Good points Star Saber. The combo using f+3 is the most damage but very inconsistent. Sometimes I like to use d/f+4,3 f+2,2,2 it works pretty well off axis. Good for side step hopkicks but the timing of the d/f+4,3 has to be early in order to float high enough for f+2,2,2 to hit.

The only thing I have trouble with is finding a reliable combo on people who are back turned. I usually just do f+2,2,2 [B] but its really not much damage. Any suggestions?
Signature Why all the Roger Jr. hate?
jaguar94
Virtuoso
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by SnowHigh
The only thing I have trouble with is finding a reliable combo on people who are back turned. I usually just do f+2,2,2 [B] but its really not much damage. Any suggestions?

f+2.2 ; 1 ; b+2,1+2 B! works fine.
Razugi4ever
Kyu
PSN: RaZuGi4Ever
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Thank You all for this great thread... I learned a lot in a very short time...

However, i would appreciate explaining one of the combos in the vedio "King/AK Combo Vid" and "100 + Damage Combos Last Combo is Full Life = Insane" were ;

(King) d,df+2 ~5 (A.King) f,d,df+2

In both videos A.King f,d,df+2 juggled the opponent high enough for King to connect with f+1+2 / f+2,2,1 ?!

I tried it couple of times, but i couldn't make A.King f,d,df+2 lift him high enough ?!
Signature / Wrestling Tigers !!
JGS over low attacks to multi-throw drives them crazy
XBLPunisher1564
7th Dan
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Razugi4ever
Thank You all for this great thread... I learned a lot in a very short time...

However, i would appreciate explaining one of the combos in the vedio "King/AK Combo Vid" and "100 + Damage Combos Last Combo is Full Life = Insane" were ;

(King) d,df+2 ~5 (A.King) f,d,df+2

In both videos A.King f,d,df+2 juggled the opponent high enough for King to connect with f+1+2 / f+2,2,1 ?!

I tried it couple of times, but i couldn't make A.King f,d,df+2 lift him high enough ?!

Hmm Im almost 100% certain its bc of the character size they do allot of combos on big characters towards the end of those videos let me double check tho - just watched 2 of the videos didnt see that combo hmm - if its not the character size its some other random TT2 factor - Those Combo's shown for the most part are not practical

Last edited by XBLPunisher1564 on Jun 10th, 2013 at 00:54

Razugi4ever
Kyu
PSN: RaZuGi4Ever
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by XBLPunisher1564
Hmm Im almost 100% certain its bc of the character size they do allot of combos on big characters towards the end of those videos let me double check tho - just watched 2 of the videos didnt see that combo hmm - if its not the character size its some other random TT2 factor - Those Combo's shown for the most part are not practical

Sorry… I referred to the wrong Ivan video… Here is the right link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW3...ayer_detailpage

In this video the combo @ 1:00 and with Bryan being the opponent;
(King) d,df+2 ~5 (A.King) f,d,df+2 ~5 (King) f+1+2

Because A.King cd+2 lifted Bryan high King was able to connect with f+1+2
I tried this combo couple of times, but A.King cd+2 would only lift the opponent half the height

Any tips?

Last edited by Razugi4ever on Jun 10th, 2013 at 17:44

Signature / Wrestling Tigers !!
JGS over low attacks to multi-throw drives them crazy
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
That's because it's a side hit. King FC df+2~5 on side hit gives +16 (I've seen Bryan b+4 hit as well).
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla