Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
AtomicCamera
Kyu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Omen Stance In Depth Tutorial + Combo

So, many people are always asking how to do this "Omen stance" and and what you can do with it so here it is. In the video i cover the GREAT! Omen Combo aswell.
If the video above doesn't show up or play here's the link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xaTsfOC_nU

Last edited by AtomicCamera on Jan 18th, 2013 at 05:34

Mocat
Warrior
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks i finaly got it thanks,
Signature Koko kara wa...kaereru to omou na. Jigoku e ochiro!
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
You have to be partnered with a Mishima also right? Myabe that's why it doesn't work for a lot of people?

good video
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
you have to be partnered with heihachi,kazuya,devil jin or jinpachi. a lot of tutorials have already been made about it but it is pretty much useless except for combo videos
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
CorpseThrust200
Legend
PSN: omgitsnewton
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sspaajms120
you have to be partnered with heihachi,kazuya,devil jin or jinpachi. a lot of tutorials have already been made about it but it is pretty much useless except for combo videos

Not really.

Jin/DJ, W! ws+1,2~5 [b,f+2,1,4] b+1+2~1~4

and then they tech

Low - HS,4, W! iws+1,2~5 ...
Mid - 1+2~5, 2~u, 3, 2
Signature My tumblr
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Can you get a full combo off of the GREAT combo, not finishing the last hit? I know Paul/Marshall get a full bound combo with theirs if Law does not do the last hit, the 1, with blue sparks, but instead does [1,]2, 4,3,DSS 2 etc..
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
1,3~3 maybe?
Signature

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Jin also has a GREAT! combo with Asuka: Jin b+1+2~Tag, Asuka 2, Jin 3, Asuka 1+2.

Does regular Jin have a GREAT! combo with Kazuya? Does Kazuya have any GREAT! combo with anyone?

I tried b+1+2~b+1,1,4, OMEN 1+2~Tag, Kazuya 2 but nothing special is happening, Kazuya is only doing standing basic 2.

I don't think Jin's OMEN 1+2 is even a ~Tag launcher. I keep ~Tag buffering it but I only get a normal Tag out. I think OMEN 1+2 is just a normal hit mid gut punch Crumple Fall Stun (CFS) move. Probably punishable, too, haven't tested it yet though.

sspaajms120, I found out why I thought it was Jin's df+2+3~Tag that was a ~Tag grab. Kazuya f,f+1+2~Tag with Jin makes Jin do Devil Jin's df+2+3 grab animation as he Tags in from it!

Regular Jin df+2+3~Tag with Kazuya has a blue spark, and does 40 points instead of the usual 35 for a grab, and can wallsplat. No wall combo is possble from it, but, if you get a wallsplat from Jin df+2+3~Tag to Kazuya, the grab does...wait for it...41 points instead of 40! AN EXTRA POINT OF DAMAGE!

Last edited by forest16 on Sep 17th, 2013 at 20:45

sspaajms120
O.T.K.
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
kazuya has a great combo with jinpachi.
and watch from 5:38
the grab can wall combo
Signature

forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
I forgot to try b+4,1 as the wall combo, cool. I was trying to get a bound. The Main Man blocked me from commenting on his videos. I commented negatively on his DSS tutorial on ATP. I was right though. He was wrong. He obviously does not use Law.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
I noticed while waiting a long time for a match in ranked that b+1+2,b+1,1,4 will supercharge Jin if the b+1+2 whiffs. But, if the b+1+2,b+1,1,4 makes contact with the opponent, Jin will not get supercharged, and will therefore be able to block. Being able to block is a pretty big deal!

Once in OMEN, Jin exits OMEN by crouching, just like any other stance, like Steve's Flicker or Zafina's stances. Crouch dashing does not make Jin exit the stance, however.

1+2 is basically Jin's d+1 except it gives a big stun on hit, allowing a full combo.

1,1,2 Flash Punch Combo

Heihachi CD+4,4 etc.

1,2,4 Jin style 1,2 into Jin f+4 as a poking string, and Jin can hold forward on the stick for MA stance!

Devil Jin b,f+2,1,2 and b,f+2,1,d+2~Tag, same as Devil Jin's!

f,f+1+2 Stonehead (37 pts)

CD+1 Mishima TGF, launchable. Only TGF, no CD+1,3 or CD+1,4 like Kazuya has, which makes it even less useful.

The crappy part about the stance is that if Jin does anything besides one of the OMEN moves, Jin exits the stance. So if you take a big risk to enter the stance, you feel pressured and check the opponent with a df+1, BOOM, you just lost your OMEN.
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
actually you also exit the stance if you block any move. and if you do EWGF from the stance you get to stay in it
Signature

forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
I was in-between matches in Tag 2's online testing Jin's Omen stance, and I noticed a strange thing. If Jin crouches at all, including in backdashing, the Omen is lost and Jin returns to his normal stance. Bummer.

However! If you BDC with b,b,f,b,b,f,b,b etc., Jin can retain his Omen stance while backdashing.

Strange, but worth noting.
Saika221
Destroyer
PSN: Saika221
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Useless gimmick
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Saika221
Useless gimmick
In Omen Jin gets regular Mishima EWGF, normal hit launcher
Saika221
Destroyer
PSN: Saika221
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by forest16
In Omen Jin gets regular Mishima EWGF, normal hit launcher

k

let me know when you see a good korean player use it, other than to troll.
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Saika221
k

let me know when you see a good korean player use it, other than to troll.
Really the only negative thing about his Omen is that you are supercharged from the b+1+2 and therefore you can not block. But there are situations when you can get Jin's b+1+2 to hit the opponent, like in a combo or okizeme situation.