Presenting...The Iron Fist League

Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
ATL_Hoa
5th Dan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Anakin has started an online Tekken League, similar to the ones found in professional sports. 24 of the East Coast's finest competitors will face each other through 5 weeks of regular season play. At the end, the best records will compete in a single elimination playoffs, where a champion will be crowned. With the help of Namco Bandai Games, Madcatz, Final Round Gaming, and Big E Gaming, The Iron Fist League (IFL) already has some great prizes going to the winner. The IFL airs on Arturo Sanchez's twitchtv stream every Tuesday starting at 8PM EST so if you're hungry for high level Tekken play, be sure to check that out!
ATL_Hoa
5th Dan
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Iron Fist League Week One Replay [1/2]

Facebook Group for the IFL, where everyone can spectate what goes on in the league and whos whoopin on who
http://www.facebook.com/groups/125346157630103/

Arturo Sanchez's twitch.tv stream
www.twitch.tv/nycfurby
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, why this isn't in the frontpage before? This thing is running for a while now...

Awesome stuff Anakin
Signature *With the FG Bubble burst in 2011, Namco got hit economically and decided to do mass layoffs of their characters*
Man not only my retirement got screwed up, now I'm getting laid off? Thanks Harada
Darn, maybe I should just go back to Korea and go back to my Korean Drama roles.
Maybe I should wrestle at ROH. If only Namco let go of trademark issues...
Guys, you all know we can still get welfare checks till the next game right?
lizanias
Spread Tekken <3
PSN: xtc_LZN
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DEATH
Yeah, why this isn't in the frontpage before? This thing is running for a while now...

Maybe because the people involved with the league, sent news tip regarding this event to Eventhubs & Shoryuken instead of TZ.

And I was busy organizing & promoting local events in my City....so I didn't write a piece on this league.
Signature INDONESIAN Tekken scene = http://www.indotekken.com
ArcadePimp.com, Aussie's best Tekken site..
GrandKitaro777
"Ra"
PSN: GrandKintaro777
XBL: Passing the Salt
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm really appreciating this. It sucks we have to deal with online with disconnection/lag, but it's still a huge step to improving Tekken players and enjoying the game. If we could some how take away the whole online problems, it would be a great Tekkenbusters minus a DJ, cool setting and some hot asians.

Maybe there will be another season of IFL, which I join when I return this mid year.
Signature Zafina, Steve, Kazuya

DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Tekken online is not Tekken.
Signature When I die, I wanna go peacefully in my sleep, just like my grandfather did. Not kicking and screaming, like the passengers in his car.

OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666

Regardless, I feel that this will be strengthening the community. I don't see you organizing anything.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
KoDee
Champion
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666

Negativity is not needed, Dr. Slaw.

As part of this league... though I, too, dislike online Tekken... it's still turning out to be a great community event. It's keeping lots of people interested.

I say if Season 2 happens, we set up a way for people to select a group of players for their "team" like a fantasy league. That way viewers / nonparticipants can still feel like they're participating and have an interest in someone's win/loss. Just an idea. Doesn't have to involve money or anything like that... Maybe just the person who picked the best "team" gets a prize like the players do. Or choose who's going to come in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 10th, etc etc. Choose the playoffs, blah blah blah. Whoever comes closest to the final rankings gets a prize.
Signature Same KoDee... less Viet.
The Exalted
Last of the Trueborn
PSN: Exaltedvow
XBL: A Cautionary Tale...
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm mad no one told me about this beforehand!

Wassup wit dat?!?!??!

I sense discrimination against non-facebook players!
Signature ****The (B.A.D) Exalted?**** - "The NYC Hierarchy Ranking System (HRS) is live! "

"You look up because you desire to be Exalted...and I look down, because I am EXALTED." - Nietzsche

The bold embodiment of JUSTICE!@!, 'NYC's Wayward Son?' and Lei Wulong MASTER [RRD]
Shibble
Deity
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
These vids are gangster.
Just saw LingMassacre vs Renikon, good stuff, about to see Waygamble play, Anakin's a full on G
Signature Capture cards broken, so no streaming at the moment.
GmURda_808
1st Dan
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Online is obviously way better than before, actually playable in fact. I feel a lot of the matches lack the throwing pressure but of course all these players are top notch and talk is cheap. Watching how top players play in actual matches is always awesome.
Signature Anything Goes Martial Arts!
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
The best part is, when people lose 3-0, they get an epic picture edited in paint shop to humiliate them for their loss.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
Mills McDougle
sunstone.
PSN: McAnica
XBL: mcdouglr
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
YOUR BROTHER'S SOUL IS MINE!

Dude, I joined this league to spectate it, and some dude sent me a request to play since he thought I was the Ray that's in the league.
Signature Team WeCantPlayGames (X360)
Now recruiting! Post here if you're interested!

Bro, do you even play?
Akazukin Cha Cha
Iron Fist God
PSN: akazukin_cha_cha
XBL: cha2
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
OFdp got this.
Signature Buffalo Gaming- Saturdays at Play N Trade on Sheridan Dr. 14150: Ranbats/Tournaments ~ Join us!
Games I play: Soulcalibur: Leixia, Natsu, Tira, Aeon~~ Tekken: Christie, Zafina, Bob, P Jack
Gamer X
Dragon Lord
PSN: GamerD-Wreck
XBL: Gamer D-Wreck
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by The Exalted
I'm mad no one told me about this beforehand!

Wassup wit dat?!?!??!

I sense discrimination against non-facebook players!

I feel the same. No love for the no facebook club. .
Signature "COMES GREAT POWER, COMES A GREAT BEATDOWN!" - Spider-man, MvC3

"Remember the whole world is a circus, don't you be the clown" - People Under The Stairs.

Worse Asuka on the East Coast!
kblood15
Kyu
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
some players in this league don have enough skill to show 'high level tekken' lol.

I would rather go and watch 'death match' from Korea.
ATL_Hoa
5th Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
ive seen you play enough to be convinced you dont know what 'high level tekken' is

go watch deathmatches instead of spreading unwanted negativity
ONISTOMPA
Legend
PSN: ONISTOMPA
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
One of the best ideas to come along in a while.The traditional tourney format has been done to death so it's always refreshing to see people try something new and different for a change. Great job Hoa! Those 3-0 pics had me rolling.
Signature Get up, I'll allow you to die like a warrior.
Mr. Taxi
GGPOGFYKTHX"BI"
PSN: Mr-Taxi-
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KoDee
I say if Season 2 happens, we set up a way for people to select a group of players for their "team" like a fantasy league. That way viewers / nonparticipants can still feel like they're participating and have an interest in someone's win/loss. Just an idea. Doesn't have to involve money or anything like that... Maybe just the person who picked the best "team" gets a prize like the players do. Or choose who's going to come in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 10th, etc etc. Choose the playoffs, blah blah blah. Whoever comes closest to the final rankings gets a prize.

I agree with and support this idea completely, except
it would be cool to actually have a team
kinda like tekken crash style
but maybe that's just me

Last edited by Mr. Taxi on Jan 24th, 2013 at 20:43

Signature "oh yeh, what the fuck is technically? technically u won? techinically, you are the world best. just go to korea then technically destroy every shitty korean players. you are technically the best." - SeGi Hong

""He's really mean when you get to know him and has nothing going on in his life except Tekken"" - Cuddle Core

My Anna Oki Video
kblood15
Kyu
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ATL_Hoa
ive seen you play enough to be convinced you dont know what 'high level tekken' is

go watch deathmatches instead of spreading unwanted negativity

He that has a great nose thinks everybody is speaking of it?