Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Beefwater
7th Dan
PSN: Beefwater
XBL: Beefwater
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
So as everyone can see Dr.B is considered Trash.
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=126056

And I think that's from the point of view of great players trying to play him great. Which so far so early he isn't great. You might ask yourself, "Why play him?". The only thing I can think of is that this character is a genuine troll. Of course we all felt that, but why play him as anything else. Let's help each other play him the way he was meant to be.

So I wanted to ask everyone who has grown to love to troll with him,

How do you troll with him? (Tactics wise)
Signature

It's ok to lose. Its not ok to lose and not learn why.
xpid08
1st Dan
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Very simple, if you want to troll with Dr. B, try to land a lot of ass-slides. I don't mean by spamming, just get tricky.

What I try to do is try to run in and use u/b+3 or d3+4 to bait a whiff. And if they whiff or do something stupid, I do ZEN 4. ZEN 4 has super good range so take advantage of it. People often think they're safe from far away but they are not. If they run towards you to do an unblockable tackle, ZEN 4 will beat that. Dr. B can stay at very far away to piss people off or just to let the time run out. But watch out for lasers! lol

After landing ZEN 4 on a standing opponent, you are now in BT ZEN and in an oki situation.

If you choose to turn around:
- Wakeup kicks are beatable with another ZEN 4.
- If he chooses to do FUFA d+4, ZEN 2 and ZEN~u will both avoid that. The better choice would be ZEN 2 because you can punish the whiff with df2 to launch. Using ZEN~u will only give you a ZEN 4_1 mixup. Getting hit by either option could get pretty annoying.
- If he chooses just to stand up and block, you have a ZEN 4_1 mixup. Often, they will duck because they are just annoyed with ZEN 4. Or if you get ballsy, you can roll forward to WS+3_grab mix up. If you don't like grabbing you can do CC d+4 instead.

If you choose not turn around:
- You can press 2 to stand and hit whiffs with BT 1+2.
- If he chooses just to stand up and block, you can roll back from BT ZEN for a BT hopkick_grab. Kinda works like ling's cali roll mixup which is awesome.

Do not do ZEN 4 on a FUFT opponent, it gives them a free FUFT d+3. Hopping will not evade FUFT d+3. I think ZEN 3 is the correct low for this situation even though i still use ZEN 4 to troll and I don't care too much because it's just little damage anyway. Some people online don't know that FUFT d+3 even exists, which lets you spam ZEN 4 all day. Online is the best place for trolling and you will get a lot of hatemail for it.

I do believe that Dr. B is a 'trash tier' character. Namco made him to troll. He has very limited options. The only thing he can do from ZEN when in mid range is ZEN 4 and nothing else. So if the opponent chooses to stay crouched, you'll be forced to stand up.

Good luck with your trolling. peace out.

Last edited by xpid08 on Dec 23rd, 2012 at 02:47

Signature Losing = Learning
Meryl
6th Dan
PSN: marillblu
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
I got trolled by this bastard and it was just an AI on arcade mode. Lol.

But I think I'll learn him for the lulz too.
Signature \(>w< )/ Semi-mastered...
\(^o^)/ Learned...
(>.< ) learning...
*insert Jun here* (>.< ) learning...
the_greek
6th Dan
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
he's fun and a new breath of fresh air (even though to some he'll smell like...... AN OLD FART (awwwwwww yeaaaaaaaa))
BlueBolter
#Anna4T7FR
PSN: BlueBolter
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
If only he had that poison breath move when he stays on the ground and then a poison breath. Having this would really help him in trolling as it also had a great knockback and couldn't be blocked.
Signature " at least Anna Nicole's got an angle to 'em. Anna's are just straight up McDonald's brows. Girl gotta get it together. Those are tweezers, not lawnmowers.
"
- scarletcord

#Anna4T7FR
Sendoo
Kyu
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by xpid08
Very simple, if you want to troll with Dr. B, try to land a lot of ass-slides. I don't mean by spamming, just get tricky.

What I try to do is try to run in and use u/b+3 or d3+4 to bait a whiff. And if they whiff or do something stupid, I do ZEN 4. ZEN 4 has super good range so take advantage of it. People often think they're safe from far away but they are not. If they run towards you to do an unblockable tackle, ZEN 4 will beat that. Dr. B can stay at very far away to piss people off or just to let the time run out. But watch out for lasers! lol

After landing ZEN 4 on a standing opponent, you are now in BT ZEN and in an oki situation.

If you choose to turn around:
- Wakeup kicks are beatable with another ZEN 4.
- If he chooses to do FUFA d+4, ZEN 2 and ZEN~u will both avoid that. The better choice would be ZEN 2 because you can punish the whiff with df2 to launch. Using ZEN~u will only give you a ZEN 4_1 mixup. Getting hit by either option could get pretty annoying.
- If he chooses just to stand up and block, you have a ZEN 4_1 mixup. Often, they will duck because they are just annoyed with ZEN 4. Or if you get ballsy, you can roll forward to WS+3_grab mix up. If you don't like grabbing you can do CC d+4 instead.

If you choose not turn around:
- You can press 2 to stand and hit whiffs with BT 1+2.
- If he chooses just to stand up and block, you can roll back from BT ZEN for a BT hopkick_grab. Kinda works like ling's cali roll mixup which is awesome.

Do not do ZEN 4 on a FUFT opponent, it gives them a free FUFT d+3. Hopping will not evade FUFT d+3. I think ZEN 3 is the correct low for this situation even though i still use ZEN 4 to troll and I don't care too much because it's just little damage anyway. Some people online don't know that FUFT d+3 even exists, which lets you spam ZEN 4 all day. Online is the best place for trolling and you will get a lot of hatemail for it.

I do believe that Dr. B is a 'trash tier' character. Namco made him to troll. He has very limited options. The only thing he can do from ZEN when in mid range is ZEN 4 and nothing else. So if the opponent chooses to stay crouched, you'll be forced to stand up.

Good luck with your trolling. peace out.

The messages you get after doing that are hilarious..
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
His Zen has lots of mixups too, like Zen back to roll back, Zen 2 for a fake, Zen 3 for a headbutt, and of course the launchable Zen 1 mid option.

Dr B does have good low attacks though with db+3, a CH launch, db+4, a safer low poke, d+4, 2,4, it goes on and on. His df+1 is a generic one, very respectable, and his 1,2 punches is unlike any other in the game. He can be tricky up close!

f,f+4,2 is a great move for okizeme, hitting on the ground and being safeish mid launcher.

b+4 is a great move, homing, mid, safe wallsplat.