Page Splits <123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
tyrax
Expert
PSN: RealTyraxTK
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
I've just find out a funny and awesome thing about AO's ki charge. While doing ki charge all kind of low attacks pass through AO, in other words, he in invulnerable against low attacks

Tested it with kazuya's cd+4,4 and both hits whips
Signature You ask me if I have a god complex? Let me tell you something... I AM GOD.
[Ogre] [AncientOgre] : Main
: Secondary team
mylvis
Shihan
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyrax
I've just find out a funny and awesome thing about AO's ki charge. While doing ki charge all kind of low attacks pass through AO, in other words, he in invulnerable against low attacks

Sounds like a practice bug, but dunno. In practice mode (this will be easier with two actual players) get juggled -> tech -> crouch only pressing d (NOT db) and you will be invulnerable against anything for a brief moment.
TheMandarin
Mammoth
PSN: The_Mandarin
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Baron West
b+1+2 is a revised version of Ogre's T3/Tag1 AP(Ancient Power) reversal. While the old AP only worked on high attacks, and was only useful against high kicks, the new AP is exponentially better. It's similar to Yoshimitsu's flash in that it's actually an attack rather than a reversal. However the hit box is thinner and higher than Yoshimitsu's flash. Overall it functions like a reversal with stricter timing.

Used to be a good tag in option against Jin's EWGF.

sorry off topic
Signature TTT Casual vids
Tuesday Never Comes Project: Free Downloads
[URL=http://http://rbnorway.org/ancient-ogre/[/URL]
Mingriah
Make TZ Great Again
PSN: mingriah
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by tyrax

this is because he's in the air

as in a mid or high attack will float him
Signature Please; call me FreeChaolan

Apparently Eliza's not in TTT2 because drunk Japanese can go super saiyan.

that feel when...laggy TV
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
I regret not reserving a third post for space, because I'm discovering new, random stuff, and I imagine the list of things that get discovered will only increase over time. b+2 goes under Hei's 1,2 jabs. I got hit by 1,2 tried to do b+1+2, screwed up, and the b+2 hit cleanly. Happened several times during the course of the set, and I went and tested it.

I tested the Ki charge, and it's a definitely a low crush. While it's not an attack, lows will harmlessly pass through Ogre's heels and feet. Kind of fun for flash, and screwing with people's heads, but not practical otherwise. As Mingriah stated, Ogre can get floated, which can be good or very bad depending on if your opponent knows Ogre is airborne. I added it to the Overview, thanks for the info Tyrax.
Signature An ounce of practice is generally worth more than a ton of theory.

My Youtube

AncientOgreBro
4th Dan
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't know why, but for some reason I'm having problems side-stepping with A.Ogre, he seems way to slow (although admittedly that may/probably is due to my reactions etc), especially with his SS2.
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by AncientOgreBro
I don't know why, but for some reason I'm having problems side-stepping with A.Ogre, he seems way to slow (although admittedly that may/probably is due to my reactions etc), especially with his SS2.

SSl 2 is kind of whatever, but SSr 2 evades quite a few things. Sidestepping successfully depends on the tracking properties of the move(s) you're stepping. You might want to go into defensive training, and practice against the characters that are giving you trouble.

My Youtube

Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Baron West
b+2 goes under Hei's 1,2 jabs. I got hit by 1,2 tried to do b+1+2, screwed up, and the b+2 hit cleanly. Happened several times during the course of the set, and I went and tested it.

Just tested and b+2 will only go underneath Heihachi's 1,2 when the 1 is thrown at a distance and the b+2 is done in anticipation. I would highly recommend against using this as a high crush due to it being -16 on both hits. If you're in need of a high crush there is always d/b+3, f+3+4, and d/f+3+4.

Last edited by Icege on Dec 24th, 2012 at 10:53

Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
OG Snake Arms
6th Dan
XBL: A G1ANT SQU1D
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm not even done reading this breakdown but and I'm already finding it very useful. I just started using Brogre a couple of days ago and I'm really liking him. I'm in practice mode right now testing out some of the things that are listed here. I really appreciate the OP taking the time to make this. Thanks.
Conrad
Champion
PSN: Disruptr-
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
FC3,3,n3 isn't completely pointless. It has some use.

It's his most damaging solo wall combo ender (that I've found) and you can tag off it to boot. It's also pretty decent as TA filler at the wall if you don't feel like doing b1,2~b df2,1,2.
Signature /
AncientOgreBro
4th Dan
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Does Ancient Ogre have any good pokes aside from 1,2 3,2 and 1?

I feel like i'm using those too much, but im not sure what else to use (although i sometimes accidently use B1,2 even when im not punishing)
the_greek
6th Dan
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
f2, b1 2~b is good, captal punishment is good , db3, d4, d3, f3+4, ss4, f32 is slow but good, d23, 21, bf4, b43, b34, ff3, ffn4, f4, f1+2, 3+4

also, b21 high crushes so that's a great counter poke to jabs and stuff.
tyrax
Expert
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
My fav pokes with AO are:
df+1
df+4
db+1
ws+4
b+1,2~B (I use this a lot but it is unsafe even on cancel)
Signature You ask me if I have a god complex? Let me tell you something... I AM GOD.
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
b+2,1 does not crush highs, why do people keep thinking this? >.>
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
tyrax
Expert
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
It does crush high moves but at late frames, it is not practical and is very unsafe on block, plus it has no pushback at all and starting hit is very slow. I find df+3+4 and SSR+2 far better while crushing high
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Icege yeah calling b+2,1 a high crush is giving it too much credit. It can go under the jabs of tall characters like Hei, Mig, and Marduk, but Ogre's crouch during the move isn't consistently low. It won't go under the jabs of shorter characters like Devil Jin and Ling at all. As you and Tyrax mentioned, there are plenty of more rewarding and less risky crush moves. Outside of a bound ender, or a wall combo ender b+2,1 doesn't have much use.

Conrad, snake rocket does good damage at the wall but it's not consistent off axis.

Tyrax, as for the b+1,2 cancel...I don't get the point of it myself. The only trick I've found it's good for works against the following characters; Alisa, Dragunov, Jack-6/P.Jack, Leo, Marduk, Nina, and Steve. If you hit with b+1,2~b then do b+1+2 it will hit. It's not guaranteed but it'll do more damage than b+1,2 if the opponent isn't holding back to block the AP. Most folks don't have the presence of mind to block, but if they do, you'll be at a big disadvantage. It will also work on a few other characters if Ogre ssr'd before doing b+1,2~b.

My Youtube

tyrax
Expert
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, b+1,2~B is really usefull on certain situations, specially near walls, in example, a very good follow up is b+1,2~B, df,df+2+4. Damage is just huge.
You can as well do b+1,2~B and wait for opponent to try to punish the following high move, then you punish the launcher.
You just has to do it a couple times and see how your opponent reacts. If he starts brainleslly atacking (jabing), you could do a df+3+4 or a SS. If he just keep standing waiting for you, you can practicly do whatever you want, that cancel adds a lot of pressure to your game. There's a lot of options you can try
AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
I love ssr+2...

AZ
Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

EpicStoffer
Raijin
PSN: Lucidity64
XBL: EpicStoffer
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
aside from parrying the last hit of "d/f+2,1,2", is there anything that can be done against it?
Signature Tekken, is at its best, a way of stepping out of the restrictive boundaries of reality that chains so many martial artists. Using this apporach, it lets the martial artist indulge in a vivid and detailed extension of his fantasy, that implores him to test its limits. B! by the some of the same mechanics, that is present in different ways throughout art. The Tekken player can at his best, produce an artistic creativity, that rivals even the Mona Lisa.
Online Tekken on the other hand, is the artist who put his shit in a can, and sold its weight in gold.
KINGofIRONfist
Malec
PSN: Malec1983
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EpicStoffer
aside from parrying the last hit of "d/f+2,1,2", is there anything that can be done against it?

block and punish it? d/f+2,1 is -12 and d/f+2,1,2 is -13