Page Splits 123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
tyrax
Expert
PSN: RealTyraxTK
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I've noticed there's no combo/gameplay video thread for Ancient Ogre yet, and as I've just made one, I'll start it

I've made this tonight and edited today, hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CB7KoiCohg

BTW, what do you think of my Akuma look on AO?
Signature You ask me if I have a god complex? Let me tell you something... I AM GOD.
[Ogre] [AncientOgre] : Main
: Secondary team
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Best AO stuff I've found is just going to the online replays and watching.
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
tyrax
Expert
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
A little CMV I've just made. Ancient Ogre and Bruce Combos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OlIWwdDYgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OlIWwdDYgo&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by tyrax on Jan 22nd, 2013 at 16:57

Signature You ask me if I have a god complex? Let me tell you something... I AM GOD.
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I haven't seen many decent vids on youtube at all. Best bet is to go to the in game replays and download some. There some good AO gameplay from incog and filthy.
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
TheMandarin
Mammoth
PSN: The_Mandarin
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone checked out Yosshinori? One of the few guys I've found on Youtube who has the balls to play double Ogres.

He's having a hell of time trying to keep the pitbulls out of his grill.

Signature TTT Casual vids
Tuesday Never Comes Project: Free Downloads
[URL=http://http://rbnorway.org/ancient-ogre/[/URL]
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Dom and Malec's vids are also worth downloading from the replays. The only thing I don't like about downloading from the online replays is downloading matches that don't have A.Ogre in them. You don't know until you've downloaded 3 of them.

Originally posted by TheMandarin
Anyone checked out Yosshinori? One of the few guys I've found on Youtube who has the balls to play double Ogres.

He's having a hell of time trying to keep the pitbulls out of his grill.

I don't think Xiaoyu vs Ogre's has changed much since Tag1. It's still an uphill battle for A.Ogre against Xiaoyu, but an Uphill battle for Xiaoyu against T.Ogre. It's just that Xiaoyu isn't quite as free vs T.Ogre anymore.

Anytime I see a Ling go into RDS, it's d+4 with A.Ogre. Cali Roll still goes under most of his moves.

Last edited by Baron West on Dec 23rd, 2012 at 21:27

Signature An ounce of practice is generally worth more than a ton of theory.

My Youtube

KINGofIRONfist
Malec
PSN: Malec1983
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
i dont have much experience against ling, but against capos, Ancient Ogres 3 and True Ogres d/f+2 are your best friends and i guess its the same against all stance chars.
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KINGofIRONfist
i dont have much experience against ling, but against capos, Ancient Ogres 3 and True Ogres d/f+2 are your best friends and i guess its the same against all stance chars.

A.Ogre 3(2) all day long against Capos and Zaf. Ling has a hard time punishing A.Ogre d/f+3 at max range. ws3,3, d/f+3,3 appears to be guaranteed on BT opponents for 61 damage.

My Youtube

tyrax
Expert
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I always have a hard time against xiaoyu/miharu, I even have a couple matches on my ps3 where I get beaten badly by this girls. b+3, 4~3 and 3_3,2 has proven to be the most effective moves till now against xiaoyu-miha.
But capos instead are AO's bitches 3,2 is just too perfect
Ancient
4th Dan
PSN: SHADOW-PIERRE
tyrax
Expert
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Here are some battles from a recent event in my country. I lost a lot of matches at beginning, but after 5 or 6 losses I could addapt and start winning matches I'd like to hear your opinion about my gameplay.
RealTyrax (Me): Bruce-Ancient Ogre, Wang-Alex and finally Anna-Ogre
http://youtu.be/iKjyVRhqDYw?t=19m1s
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
I didn't watch the whole thing but I watched segments.

You're very good at using the b+1 cancel. You were able to create pressure with it, and you worked it into your game well. I can understand why you're opponents were afraid to punish it. You are also good at using b+3 without being obvious with it. Since b+3 tracks and isn't death on block it's a good low to use. You also had some interesting unique tag juggles, like the df+2 2,d+1+2 b+1,2 wall splat combo. You did a good job at applying pressure with uf+1+2, and you used AP well.

I was surprised that you used Bruce and A.Ogre and I didn't see bf4 or 3+4. You missed a lot of whiff punish opportunities with bf4. I also notice you tag crushed a little too frequently. In some cases you did it where you could have raw ragged and it cost you the match. Compared to the other players it seemed like you tag crushed the most.

Generally speaking most players don't know all the best punishes, and everyone drops combos, so I'm only going to mention the things that stood out to me most which were

A) Steve's df+1+2 is punishable by b+1,2. The pushback makes it safe against a lot of -12 punishes, but A.Ogre can get him. Same for ws1,2.

B) You missed out on a lot of Waning Moon damage. As I'm sure you discovered, bigs like Jinpachi and Marduk can't be hit by uf+1+2 after Waning Moon. You need to either dash throw, dash df+2,1,2 or dash d+3+4, if you want any kind of decent damage.

When playing against Steve it's important to keep your distance, and you did that well. I notice that most A.Ogre players who don't have him on point have a lot of holes in their game, but your A.Ogre is solid.

My Youtube

KINGofIRONfist
Malec
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
tyrax, you were to focused on yourself i belive than on paying attention on what your opponent dose. you have to punish all that unsafe bullshit.
and it looked like your getting frustrated every time your dropping combos or getting launched, just suck it up and go on. if you are just thinking about what/why just happend, you cant focus on the rest of the match.
tyrax
Expert
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks a lot for your comments guys

Actually, that df+2 2,d+1+2 b+1,2 was meant to be a wall carry tag buffer combo to get a wallsplat+bound, but I misscalculated the distance the wall was at.
It's very hard for me to use bf+4 with bruce and AO, I fell really vulnerable while doing that move. I've been working on it, but I think I'm not ready to use that move yet on a real match.
And you're right, I have a hard time punishing moves, usually I'm so focused not getting sucked into traps and stuff I forget about punishing at all, I must work on it too.

Your comments are very usefull to me, thanks a lot

PD: It was a big shock for me to find out wm, df+1+2 doesn't work on jinpachi, lol

Last edited by tyrax on Feb 27th, 2013 at 08:41

yoloswag
Shihan
PSN: Chief_Sona300
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I was messing around with Double Ogres.... Air throw is so good, works well even in offline sessions. Double Ogres are so good in walls

Video
AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Having a semi-good/bad day with AO, but it was a nice food for thought! Myself vs Iron Lobster / Veggy
Uploader had no audio in the video so you can listen to your own music whilst watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_wyv_K8IWI Violet/AO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5CAxNODGCo Double Ogres

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtcTTnA9hO4 Double Ogres

I've seen some of my flaws as I rewatched the matches, more feedback is appreciated though

AZ
Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

KINGofIRONfist
Malec
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by AZYG4LYFE
I've seen some of my flaws as I rewatched the matches, more feedback is appreciated though

you are whiffing way to much AND your whiffpunishment is lagging.
AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KINGofIRONfist
you are whiffing way to much AND your whiffpunishment is lagging.

Took another review, and yes you're very right about that, counted quite a bunch of self-whiffs.

When you say my whiff punishment is lagging is it that I'm not punishing whiffs fast enough? Or not using the right 'ranged' whiff punish? I think this is another key area I must work on, both especially the former as well as the latter, thanks!

AZ
Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

KINGofIRONfist
Malec
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
i mean your are not whiffpunishing fast enough or at all, i know it was online and it could be that. but there was a couple of times where i thought, hm b1,2 would have been a perfect whiffpunish there and u did nothing. you tried to whiffpunish with d+1+2 a couple of times and it always whiffed, i never use that move, it looks like it has kinda range but it just dosent and it seems to auto whiff lows no matter what.
rewatching the vids, i saw you are dropping A LOT of juggles. they are realy easy once u mastered true ogres hcf+2:1+2.

with ancient ogre lead: u/f+4, d+3+4, d+1+2, ss+2, ws+2, you ALWAYS follow with d/f+1, 3,2, d+1 bound OR d/f+1, 2,d+1+2~5 nothing can go wrong there.
never use d/f2,1,2 as tag assault filler. with true ogre there is only one option imo hcf+2:1+2 and with ancient ogre you go with f3,2 in open field, u/f+3,4,3+4 for far wallcarry, 2,d+1+2 for close wallcarry and d+1+2 for super close wallcarry.

Last edited by KINGofIRONfist on Jul 28th, 2013 at 11:01

Baron West
Iron Fist God
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by AZYG4LYFE
Having a semi-good/bad day with AO, but it was a nice food for thought! Myself vs Iron Lobster / Veggy
Uploader had no audio in the video so you can listen to your own music whilst watching.

AZ

I think dropped combos were your worst enemy.

You whiffed a lot. d+1+2 is not a good move to throw out if you or your opponent is off axis, unless you're trying to go under their jabs. The range decreases and it produces an off axis float that can be hard to juggle from. This is going to sound odd, but I think you'd have been better off doing 3+4 in every instance you used d+1+2. It's faster, safe, homing and the pushback would have worked in your favor. Or you could just have gone with f+2.

It looked like a lot of your f+4s were bf+4s that you messed up. I think you should use ff+3 more often; virtually every time you whiffed bf+4 you were in range for ff+3. Even if you weren't in range for the juggle follow-up, you would still got a KD, or put a little pressure on your opponent. Blazing Kick would have been better than the bf4 whiffs or you could have used f+2.

My 2 cents.

My Youtube