Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
A quick guide to his stances, any findings or corrections do let me know.
I'd encourage learning stances, transitions so you can get used to playing with/against Dr.B

MAD(MAD PAIN)
Transitions
Note that the following must hit to enter MAD
f+1+2
d+4
b+1,2
WS+1,1
PND+3

Moves
MAD+1 high
MAD+2 mid
MAD+3 mid (tag)
MAD+4 low
MAD+1+2 (mid)

PAD(PANIC DOCTOR)
Transitions
f+3+4
b+3+4
MAD~f_MAD~b

Moves
PAD+1 mid B!
PAD+2 High KND ff+4 guaranteed for 50dmg
PAD+3 low (on hit=MAD)
PAD+4 mid
PAD+1+2 mid
PAD+3+4 = ZEN
PAD+1+4 = Headbutt throw

ZEN(The Zen)
Transitions
d+3+4
u/f+3
PND+3+4

Moves

ZEN+1 mid
ZEN+2 (stands up)
ZEN+3 low
ZEN+4
ZEN~f_ZEN~b_ZEN~u
BT ZEN+1 (face to opponent still in ZEN)

EC(Electric Charge)
Transition
3+4

Moves
EC+1 low KND
EC+2 High combo starter
EC+1+2 High UB

BT
Transition
BT ZEN+2 (in a game for example after a successful Zen+4, input 2 to recover in BT)

Moves
BT 1+2 KND

KND
Manual Transition
D/F+3+4 (FDFA)
D/B+3+4 (FUFT)

Notes: After some moves and from any Knockdown position you can input 2 to recover standing, useful for ff+4 as you can combo afterwards.

AZ

Last edited by AZYG4LYFE on Jun 11th, 2013 at 20:46

Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

pachi_grw
6th Dan
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
i think after PAN+2 f,f+3+4 is guaranted. also i think the command for throw is 1+4 during PAN.
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
XBL: Mr Adam0
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by pachi_grw
i think after PAN+2 f,f+3+4 is guaranted. also i think the command for throw is 1+4 during PAN.

PAN 2 ff3+4 is one of the sample combos, and yeah, PAN 1+4 gives the ff1+2 throw.
AZYG4LYFE
Play FFRK
PSN: CKT_AZYG4LYFE
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Zen looks to be one of the Dr's best stances against unfamiliar - intermmediate opponents. You can avoid highs obviously but also some mids Whilst in the stance you either avoid the mid, get floated but not for a combo (paul ws+2 is a good example esecially after Zen 4 is blocked), get floated for a less damaging combo.

Man how I wish Zen 4 had a built in SS

AZ
Signature Currently playing (addicted to) FFRK. Global Friend ID: GBNP JP Friend ID: QZseY
Twitter:@AZYG4LYFE Please PM or tweet me if you have any questions/issues! ラッキークロエ twitch.tv/AZYG4LYFE

Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I agree, but sadly you won't get far doing that vs someone who is decent at the game. I think Dr B will have to set up mixups using d+4 and b+1,2 punishes instead. MAD and PAN seem to be way better when it comes to mixing up better players.
Cosmic Forge
Iron Fist God
PSN: forge76
XBL: Cosmic Forge
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Just don't use ZEN 4 against chars that can bound from crouch, like Ogres, Yoshi, etc. Otherwise, as Dr Snoop says to Dr B: Knocc em down.
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Any char can punish it using ws4 or a cc, including Dr B. The whole ZEN mixup is not in Dr B's favor at all.
Kazu-Yoshi-girl
a.k.a Tenshimitsu
PSN: Tenshimitsu
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I would just use ZEN 4 to whiff punish if I see that my sudden ZEN transition evaded a move. Otherwise: ZEN 2 or ZEN rollback.

Hmm, is ZEN 1 a safe mid?
Signature http://www.TekkenPRO.pl - Community of Polish Tekken Pro Players
http://www.ManjiKai.com - Shiki soku ze kuu!
吉光と天使光:一心同体
Mr Adam0
Dirty Ninja Tricks
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
ZEN 1 is launch punishable.
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
PSN: BrahmaDDT
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah Zen kind of sucks. Too easy to B! him. If you block Zen 4 pretty much every character can float him with FC+1~F into any juggle they want.

MAD is pretty good just for enforcing a 50/50 mixup with 2_4. A lot of people aren't going to punish hm well and as long as you're smart about how you get up they can be very minimal risk.

PND is hard to enforce unless it's off of a oki situation where they have to deal with it. 4 is nice since it gives +f and the 3 sets up a MAD mix up.
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
Snakebyte
3rd Dan
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
b+3+4 also transitions to Panic Doctor (it's just a stance transition, but he steps back instead of forward), and any punch or kick works for the BT ZEN thing.