Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
MmmBaekon
2nd Dan
PSN: XxGalileoxX
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
So far in my online campaign with B-Boss I've been conflicted in regards to taunt. I can feel my entire strategy fall apart when I consciously try to incorporate taunt into my gameplan. So for all my Bryan user, how much are you using taunt and in what situations specifically, and what moves are you finding most successful to follow it?

I ask desperately curious because I am oh so close to just saying f*** taunt, in the past I could use rush down tactics with bryan, thats my style (I sub bruce and hwo as evidence) but in ttt2 its just not working.
lilleboff
the daoug
PSN: lilleboff
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
1) Taunt all the time
2) Press f+3
3) CH lol
4) Profit
Signature It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as me
ExOsKeL
Engr.Gwapo
PSN: Lets Do Dis Shit!
XBL: ExOsKeL[LDDS]
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
You can try watching Sunchip, Buriburi,BCK back in T6 era days. They rarely use taunt compared to Knee. I, myself, doesnt use taunt in TTT2 unlike in T6 where its needed for a better wall game. Now I only use it when Im up against a defensive type player or I'm in the lead for say,2 rounds to none or if its a casual 1vs1.
Signature JoHn 5[LDDS]<iLO>

7string up your ass...double pedal to your face...

blast beat just in case..well...just kidding...
sandman696
Kyu
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
To Taunt.
Taunt Followups :
F+214
B+4
JU

Use Taunt,B+4 near wall for free JU into wall combo , in the open Taunt JU/F+214 will do .
I use taunt all the time , sometimes it turns the table around when am losing into winning lol .

You can refer to this TK6 thread for info :
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=115624

or refer to this from TK6 combo thread :
Originally posted by Demoyon

---

* taunt/db+2 50/50

This 50/50 setup deals more damage than the usual B! ender, but is dependent on your opponent's decision to techroll or not to techroll. Don't worry if you guess wrong, both options are safe.

If they don't tech
db+2, 2, 1, b+3~f,4,1,2

If they tech
taunt

---
Shibble
Deity
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I typically use taunt as a pressure tool to stop someone holding back 24/7, Knee seems to use it a ridiculous amount for what I can only guess to be to throw people off their rhythm, if you're concentrating on maintaining solid frame advantage then out of nowhere he's threatening with Taunt jet upper it's enough to ruin anyone's day, but it's EXTREMELY risky, since it requires such consistent execution.

From what experience I've had when I was a heavy Bryan user I tended to use it at the wall a lot when people were on the floor to follow up with f+214, although outside of the wall game even taunt~23 is enough to threaten people.

Bryan has his tools to create pressure but compared to some other characters he does have to be defensive at times, if you're having to ask yourself 'Should I be taunting right now?' the answer is probably no, you have to be quick to capitalize on the opportunities where it's worth doing it in the first place.

If you have friends round or do casuals online with friends try and incorporate into your game and see how it works for you, it might take a couple of days but you'll get a feel for it
Signature http://twitch.tv/Sh1bble
Demoyon
prisoner of desires
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandman696
or refer to this from TK6 combo thread :

The 50/50 isn't reliable anymore because taunt lost most of its tracking. It won't track if you dash up and taunt. If you do another dash to re-align, you're open to getting hit before you land taunt.

If your opponent just techs and holds b to block, go ahead and do another dash to re-align.
Signature
MmmBaekon
2nd Dan
PSN: XxGalileoxX
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Any Tag 2 videos where taunt is used a lot?
RollTide8569
Champion
PSN: RollTide8569
XBL: RollTide8569
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm determined to land a Taunt JU in a match since I can do it now, so I'm trying to actually learn when I can hit somebody with a taunt. I like taunt dashing also.

Taunt (in the corner) tracks for me in practice mode on quick roll left or right. I thought it doesn't track good any more?
Signature Bryan, Kazuya, and Devil Jin.

Roll Tide Roll!
Rupee
7th Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Taunt game is over unless your an exceptionally good bryan player like on knee level, otherwise I dont see it being used at all. (especially in tournaments).
Jvacar622
7th Dan
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
It got a huge nerf in Tag. In T6 it tracked techrolls 100% both ways, so there was a setup for it and it was the reason Bryan was the #1 character in the game on paper: you tech, you get launched, you don't tech, you give him a mini combo. If you think they're gonna roll but they don't, you cancel taunt with d+4 and restart the process.

Now, you just kinda have to catch people with it. Or cancel the taunt and block in the hopes that the other player did something unsafe you can punish them for. Knee uses taunt as much as he does because he knows the other guy knows he knows he can do the JF. And since he's knee, people are going respect it. If I try and taunt someone they're gonna try and knock me out of it. If you want people to respect taunt, you need to make them. Knee has done the shit out of that.
Signature Apparently, Icege is my dad
Shibble
Deity
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
I probably should have said to baekon as well if he can improve his backdash cancelling or punishment any more, he may as well spend time doing that instead of learning taunt shenanigans, since it's gonna be a lot more beneficial than something as situational as taunt.
Signature http://twitch.tv/Sh1bble
killerdoll1989
1st Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
to play Bryan without taunt is like playing Mishimas without electric... Just stupid.

Taunt is everything, movement madness, ch baitter, whiff punisher, lockdown maker, wall supertool, everything.

When i played Bryan without taunt he was bullshit character, but now after shitloads of practise he has become my main character over AK so i say TAUNT dude
enko
Lone Wolf
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Pardon I am a newbie with Bryan. What are the advantage of doing taunt?

When is the right time to do the follow up moves? Just right after you press 1+3+4 or when the knee hits?

When the knee hits(in the taunt) and they block it, does the knee hit gives you frame/hit advantage that you can damage your opponent with follow up moves and they can't block the follow up moves after the knee hit?

The purpose canceling taunts is when you think they will do a jab you will cancel taunt to CH them, does f+2,1,4_f+1,4_b+4_df2,1 beat jabs from opponent ?

Last edited by enko on Jan 2nd, 2014 at 04:00

RollTide8569
Champion
PSN: RollTide8569
XBL: RollTide8569
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
The advantage of taunt is free damage, scoring counter hits, dashing in quick, or baiting a move and punishing it on block....wait for the knee to hit.....you're at + 16 when it connects so they can't block you're attack....if you know they are going to hit you when you taunt then cancel to f+3 real quick for a CH launcher or just cancel with back to block what they throw out.

1,4, 2,3, df+2,1, f+2,1,4, b+4, and Jet Upper is what you will be mainly using after the taunt hits. That is in order from easiest to hardest.

Hope that helps.
Signature Bryan, Kazuya, and Devil Jin.

Roll Tide Roll!
Mr. NAPS
ProBum 24/7
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I wanna say Knee single-handedly misled the entire Western Bryan population. There are way too many Bryans out there that wanna run around and taunt thinking they look slick, but they really don't, especially when they just get owned for lack of fundamentals.
Signature EmphyNAPS, @l33temphasys.com(?) <SCGschool>
1. Calm down
2. Run around
4. Throw shit out
I'll just save #3 for when I need it.
enko
Lone Wolf
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by RollTide8569
The advantage of taunt is free damage, scoring counter hits, dashing in quick, or baiting a move and punishing it on block....wait for the knee to hit.....you're at + 16 when it connects so they can't block you're attack....if you know they are going to hit you when you taunt then cancel to f+3 real quick for a CH launcher or just cancel with back to block what they throw out.

1,4, 2,3, df+2,1, f+2,1,4, b+4, and Jet Upper is what you will be mainly using after the taunt hits. That is in order from easiest to hardest.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Originally posted by MR Naps
I wanna say Knee single-handedly misled the entire Western Bryan population. There are way too many Bryans out there that wanna run around and taunt thinking they look slick, but they really don't, especially when they just get owned for lack of fundamentals.
[/B]

Fundamentals of the game or Fundamentals of using Bryan?yeah knowing taunt will not all of suddenly make a player look sick, he needs to learn the fundamentals of the game like spacing, oki set ups/tricks, frame knowledge,be good at breaking throws,what moves to use in certain situation etc..A players also need to learn the fundamentals of Bryan.

leonized
War Lord
#17 “Quote” Edit Post

very well said... and imo, taunt isn't as important to bryan, as the electrics to the mishima's ... you can win with bryan without the taunt, all day long, you can... you can also win without the electrics for the mishima, but good luck with that
R4P1D
Kyu
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
I play Bryan a lot and I rarely use taunt, the only exception is after a fully charged ff+3 and I only do it to get the bruiser combo because I like that the 3rd hit gaurantees the last 4 will land