Nina Movement Question

Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Kallabar
Kyu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi all! I've been trolling these forums for the past few years (since T5), and never took the time to register, so my apologies, time for me to stop leeching lol.

But I do have a brief question concerning Nina's backdash potential. I've always had a lot of trouble doing a "proper" backdash with her due to the stance she enters on QCB; and it wasn't until recently that I discovered that this stance is cancelled simply by hitting up, and it gives the benefit of a sidestep as well. Not to mention how quickly she moves back and evades incoming attacks by doing this. I'm also attracted to this method because at any time I can throw out 3 for an 80 dmg juggle, or get the CH on with b1 for close to 70 dmg, 12f punish with b2, or if i delay the input for half a second, all her while rising moves also become an option.

So I'd like to know your thoughts on which method of movement would be more effective overall, my new "ghetto backdash surprise" lol, or actually taking the time to perfect the generally accepted backdash (I'm playing on pad, and always found it somewhat difficult to get more than 2-3 of them consistently).
Thanks!
Signature When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy...
onlydeviljin
Shihan
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
funny i just posted about this. but yea due to her qcb sway bdcing can be a little tricky with nina if you bdc like ud bdc with any other chars. u gotta focus on going down to back w/o registering d/b. youll get the hang of it.
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
PSN: Galen-SDT
XBL: Galen SDT
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
There is no d in a proper back dash.
Signature In iWS1 I trust!
Battle Jitni- @Galen: (imagine that's a middle finger instead)
Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKRexJeADoo

See no d.

And again no d.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3L7YYvhTxA

The same shit applies. When using a stick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBWDZ7oTxRM

If you notice in all of these tutorials no one presses down. The proper way to BDC is to roll from back to down back. At no time should you go to natural before pressing d/b.

b,b~d/b,n
~B~d/b,n
~B~d/b,n
~B~d/b,n
~B~d/b,n
~B~d/b,n

rinse and repeat. just make sure you hold b after the db,n otherwise you won't be able to block during the back dash.

ODJ stop posting bum gouge and stupid shit.

Last edited by |Galen| on Oct 26th, 2012 at 04:42

Mr. Taxi- "Galen, I don't consider you an Anna player. I have this theory that all Anna players like penis. So until you S a D you aren't an Anna player"
Dilly a couple months after he found out he was expecting- "Galen, Sith, in 9 months I'm challenging you both to diaper matches. Loser buys diapers for the winner. "
onlydeviljin
Shihan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
he only hit down like 20x in that korean stick video. i dont need a bdc lesson from an anna nina julia AND xiaoyu player. ill hit u up if i need prices on customization items though.
lilleboff
the daoug
PSN: lilleboff
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by onlydeviljin
he hit only hit down like 20x in that korean stick video. i dont need a bdc lesson from an anna nina julia and xiaoyu player. ill hit u up if i need prices on customization items though.

No he didn't. He slides from back into d/b and then releases to neutral.

Also, learn to recognize when someone who's clearly a more skilled and knowledgeable player than you is trying to teach you something and give you advice. The way to handle that is to say thanks and get into practice mode. After that you realize you should never post anything as retarded as what you've written in this thread again. Actually you should throw your keyboard away so that there's absolutely no risk that your imbecile degenerate brain makes an attempt to write anything that dumb again.
Signature It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as me
onlydeviljin
Shihan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Also, learn to recognize when someone who's clearly a more skilled and knowledgeable player than you is trying to teach you something and give you advice.

and who's that player??

The way to handle that is to say thanks and get into practice mode.

this is something your bitch ass would do.

After that you realize you should never post anything as retarded as what you've written in this thread again. Actually you should throw your keyboard away so that there's absolutely no risk that your imbecile degenerate brain makes an attempt to write anything that dumb again.

i have a laptop
onlydeviljin
Shihan
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
and btw i hit down everytime and can probably bdc faster than you
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
and btw i hit down everytime and can probably bdc faster than you

do you do:
b,b,d
b,b,d
b,b,d

or

reverse wave dash
Kallabar
Kyu
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Woah... Thanks for the info everybody, didn't mean to start an argument lol. I was just wondering if there was any stock in the idea of using Ninas qcb and cancelling with up, simply because it does move her back really quickly, and theres the aspect of mindgames as far as what move could potentially be thrown after any one of those qcb's or sidesteps. But it seems everyone is more in favor of the normal backdash, so i suppose my question has been answered lol.
Signature When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy...
onlydeviljin
Shihan
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by |Galen|
do you do:
b,b,d
b,b,d
b,b,d

or

reverse wave dash

the second one.

Woah... Thanks for the info everybody, didn't mean to start an argument lol. I was just wondering if there was any stock in the idea of using Ninas qcb and cancelling with up, simply because it does move her back really quickly, and theres the aspect of mindgames as far as what move could potentially be thrown after any one of those qcb's or sidesteps. But it seems everyone is more in favor of the normal backdash, so i suppose my question has been answered lol.

qcb,u,qcb,u,qcb,u..is a legitimate strat and its called the hayashida step. it aint really for mindgames since you got ss1 cancelling for that. its more of a spacing tool.
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
ODJ that's why you have trouble doing bdc with Nina and you already know that. With Nina you have to KBD which is what I linked.
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
XBL: Jason4579
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Is ODJ for real? I didn't think that the human race had existed long enough to cross breed down to his level of intellect.
Signature [Jun] +

Your = Possessive. As in 'your grammar sucks'
You're = You are. As in 'you're an idiot for not knowing the difference'
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys no need for such a harsh tone, especially from 2 mods... Anyway Kallabar the notation Galen posted is the proper one for BDC, practice it and you should never get sway by mistake
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
KPractice
Virtuoso
PSN: K-Stick-Practice
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Yup, listen to Galen.

I'm a pad player too but had trouble doing a proper KBD. So I bought a Korean stick and boom, it just made things a lot simpler/easier.

The tutorial by Rain really helped me out the most and from there it was just practice.

Funny thing is if you learn P1 and turn your stick upside down, you can also KBD on P2 using bb,ub,b,ub,b,ub,..

On pad I used to just Hayashida all day but I found it limited my whiff punish and overall skill level. Still anything is possible on pad but stick just makes it easier.
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Like KStick said anything is possible on pad and to add to that the whole stick vs pad thing is 100% preference. There are people that can BDC and wave dash incredibly fast on pad. There's a dude from Italy that goes by Harry Potter and he's EXTREMELY FAST.

Anakin, RIP, Fab,and many more all play on pad. BUT I think Harry is by far the fastest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU1oAlDGU7M <--- he's got super clean movement even back in TTT1. His WD/LD into WS was in point and everything.

Last edited by |Galen| on Oct 28th, 2012 at 17:31

Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
He is from Italy ^^
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
He is from Italy ^^

Hahaha Canada Mexico... Britain Italy... Same thing!
onlydeviljin
Shihan
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Bopper
Hey guys no need for such a harsh tone, especially from 2 mods... Anyway Kallabar the notation Galen posted is the proper one for BDC, practice it and you should never get sway by mistake

its cus tekken players are real tough guys. that dude in the videos thumbs must be burnin after every game
|Galen|
In iWS1 I trust!
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
its cus tekken players are real tough guys. that dude in the videos thumbs must be burnin after every game

Hahahaha no kidding right? That shits nuts huh?