Page Splits <1234>...6
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
PSN: VargasTheSick
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Instead of a deathfist after WM you can run up and do a b+2,1,1+2 , it does more damage then a Deathfist and is very easy to hit confirm. The other option you have is run up and 4,4,4. The only way out of the 4,4,4 is to duck, if they attempt to block they will always get hit for a good chunk of damage, and then face wake up options ( I generally always hit with d,f+1+2 after the 4,4,4 ).

However like Khan I am more so doing d+1+2, while in BR I did d,b+4,2 - I just find it's harder to connect in this.
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
sithlord
THE EMPEROR
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
f+4,1+2,2 is a great option after WM on a walled stage.

Thread stickied. Been meaning to do this for some time, but I cannot sticky stuff on my phone....which is where I do a lot of mod duties these days.
Signature "I'm looking forward to completing your training.
In time, you will call me: MASTER."
HARDCOAR™©®
Join the DARKSIDE
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
i second what vargas and sithlord said. both are way better options than DF.
poms
4th Dan
PSN: poms
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the help guys.

My only issue with f4,1+2,2 is many times I get a f,f4 due to pressing forward like crazy after WM.
d1+2 it's what I used to do in T5, it's just that it seems to be harder now, but I gess I just need some more practice.

Originally posted by WangIsKhan
I think if your opponent holds back df21 will get blocked and you'll pretty much die haha as far as i know there is no guaranteed followups. i usually go for a WM attempt after a CH df3. but if you find something let us know!
Oh... so sorry. I thought that was a bit too good to be true
I got a bit emotioned when I saw practice mode was giving it as a combo.
Signature
Thomas_Medeiros
Kyu
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks a lot for this guide !!!
B.T.P
Kyu
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
word i hear you there. i have been using d1+2 it seems to be a lot more consistant also i tag buffer it so it kills red life WM has always been hard for me but i think i finally (after a year of practicing lol) got it. during the animation i hold down 2 run up than just d1+2. the best advice i got was to look at wangs feet and start your dashing only after they are both fully turned around.

i think if your opponent holds back df21 will get blocked and you'll pretty much die haha as far as i know there is no guaranteed followups. i usually go for a WM attempt after a CH df3. but if you find something let us know!

Thank guys, df3 should be no followup.
But sometimes it fun to see the opponent's toe being stepped by WANG's CH df3! So painful....Haha
Signature Poke until you die!
Insane Axes
Berserker
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by mylvis

Download latest version here: screen | print

mylvis
Shihan
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am more than happy to announce that the rest of the guide is finally finished.
It's party time

Yet there is a lot of space for more oki etc stuff, so remember to do your share and keep that information coming

I might be buying a video capture card which could potentially lead to a video version of the guide

Last edited by mylvis on Nov 25th, 2012 at 12:24

poms
4th Dan
PSN: poms
#29 “Quote” Edit Post

Thank you Mylvis
Signature
SGX
1st Dan
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Excellent guide!

This is exactly the kind of thing that the community needs, and I can only hope that others will be encouraged to do guides of this quality for more characters.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Again, great stuff. It's looking organized and polished. Good job!

Some small tidbits I noticed in the guide:
Page 7 -> punishment: b21 is also a i14 punisher.
Page 8 -> Combo enders: df3+4, b34 is an ender too. ff3,4 is also taggable wallcarry.
Page 8 -> Tagfillers: db242 isn't necessarily his most damaging option. It's 3 hits compared to 2 hits from fillers like uf31 and d2,1+2 and those usually result in more damaging juggles in total.
Page 8 -> CH db1+2 juggles: CH db1+2, ff3, f1, ff2, f1, 1+2 B!, qcf11_qcf2 = 84_82/88 (clean hit).
Page 13 -> basic juggles: I think you forgot df3+4 after the B! in CH 4 juggle?
Page 13 -> top 10: of course it's your opinion but I think ws22 and 11 aren't exactly his top 10 moves. How about ff2? And uf3 (your bonus) is top 10 to me as well. Or his f14? Just some ideas.

Maybe you want to put in the following somewhere: on Kuma at the wall, FC,df43, ws11 is guaranteed.

Hope this helps.
Signature s3:
mylvis
Shihan
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by poms
Thank you Mylvis

Thanks man.

Originally posted by SGX
Excellent guide!

This is exactly the kind of thing that the community needs, and I can only hope that others will be encouraged to do guides of this quality for more characters.

I appreciate it , we can only hope for that.

Again, great stuff. It's looking organized and polished. Good job!

Some small tidbits I noticed in the guide:
Page 7 -> punishment: b21 is also a i14 punisher.

Standing 3 is far better option and even f+1,4 does more damage. But if you or someone else do find a situation where neither of those two work but b+2,1 does reach, sure I'll add it.

Page 8 -> Combo enders: df3+4, b34 is an ender too. ff3,4 is also taggable wallcarry.

I don't really see any situation to prefer df+3+4 over anything else but sure, I'll test that and b+3,4 since I don't really use either of them. I'll note that ff+3,4 is taggable.

Page 8 -> Tagfillers: db242 isn't necessarily his most damaging option. It's 3 hits compared to 2 hits from fillers like uf31 and d2,1+2 and those usually result in more damaging juggles in total.

I think that it does most damage by itself, but yeah characters like DJ and Hwo/Baek get more damage from uf+3,1/d+2,1+2, as I mentioned. Maybe I should make it more clear?

Page 8 -> CH db1+2 juggles: CH db1+2, ff3, f1, ff2, f1, 1+2 B!, qcf11_qcf2 = 84_82/88 (clean hit).

Nice find, need to add that. Also noticed that I didn't even list d+4,1 as a CH launcher nor juggles for it

Page 13 -> basic juggles: I think you forgot df3+4 after the B! in CH 4 juggle?

You mean in the back cover thingie? Yeah, I have no clue why I put f+1 instead of df+3+4. Will fix that.

Page 13 -> top 10: of course it's your opinion but I think ws22 and 11 aren't exactly his top 10 moves. How about ff2? And uf3 (your bonus) is top 10 to me as well. Or his f14? Just some ideas.

Well, that is how I feel but yeah, I should definitely replace Top 10 with Key moves or something. Wang clearly has more than 10 useful moves anyways

Maybe you want to put in the following somewhere: on Kuma at the wall, FC,df43, ws11 is guaranteed.

Oh, I didn't know that, will add to the guaranteed follow-ups list.

Hope this helps.

A lot, I really appreciate your input.

As a side note: I'm trying to proof read the guide for grammar errors, add/fix stuff and release new polished version by end of the week.
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
mylvis kick ass guide! man i have been playing wang for a few years and just when i thought i was starting to get good with him you come out with this amazing guide! i gotta practice the buffered df, f,n,df 2+4 WM. also i love the convenient list of guaranteed follow ups it makes my life so much easier. really good shit man. thank you.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by mylvis
1)Standing 3 is far better option and even f+1,4 does more damage. But if you or someone else do find a situation where neither of those two work but b+2,1 does reach, sure I'll add it.

2)I don't really see any situation to prefer df+3+4 over anything else but sure, I'll test that and b+3,4 since I don't really use either of them. I'll note that ff+3,4 is taggable.

3)I think that it does most damage by itself, but yeah characters like DJ and Hwo/Baek get more damage from uf+3,1/d+2,1+2, as I mentioned. Maybe I should make it more clear?

4)You mean in the back cover thingie? Yeah, I have no clue why I put f+1 instead of df+3+4. Will fix that.
1) i14 b21: Just like you I use f14 from -10 to -14, I never use 3 either. Because you listed that I figured I'd mention b21 as well.

2)I don't mean df3+4 OR b34, I mean df3+4 TO b34. As in B!, df3+4, b34. Thinking about it, you can also do df3+4, d2 for a tiny bit more damage if you want to spike with d2.

3) I would just scrap the part where you say db242 is his most damaging filler. Maybe by itself but it depends on the juggle and my experience is that the other two I mentioned give more damage in total. It could be somewhat misleading (to me).

4)The f1 belongs there right? CH 4, 1+2 B!, df3+4, f1, b21,1+2 (or b21, f1+2 for running oki)
Signature s3:
mylvis
Shihan
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
mylvis kick ass guide! man i have been playing wang for a few years and just when i thought i was starting to get good with him you come out with this amazing guide! i gotta practice the buffered df, f,n,df 2+4 WM. also i love the convenient list of guaranteed follow ups it makes my life so much easier. really good shit man. thank you.

Thank you, glad it helps

Originally posted by sandilord
1) i14 b21: Just like you I use f14 from -10 to -14, I never use 3 either. Because you listed that I figured I'd mention b21 as well.

2)I don't mean df3+4 OR b34, I mean df3+4 TO b34. As in B!, df3+4, b34. Thinking about it, you can also do df3+4, d2 for a tiny bit more damage if you want to spike with d2.

3) I would just scrap the part where you say db242 is his most damaging filler. Maybe by itself but it depends on the juggle and my experience is that the other two I mentioned give more damage in total. It could be somewhat misleading (to me).

4)The f1 belongs there right? CH 4, 1+2 B!, df3+4, f1, b21,1+2 (or b21, f1+2 for running oki)

1) Standing 3 does more damage and wallsplats, it definitely has it's uses while b+2,1 doesn't have any.
2) Ah, okay. Need to test if that's any good when compared to other B! enders.
3) Yeah, I'll change that part then.
4) What was I thinking...Yes, that is what I meant to write.

Edit:
2) df+3+4, b+3,4 as a B! ender doesn't feel that great. It does less damage than deathfist or b+2,1,1+2 and the last hit of b+3,4 sometimes whiff. As for now I don't see any point in listing that.

Using df+3+4, d+2 instead of just d+2 does add 1 damage more, might as well write that up even if it doesn't really make a difference. But for whatever reason (I guess scaling) in longer combo like uf+4: ff+2, f+1, ff+2, f+1, 1+2 B! (df+3+4) d+2 does the same damage whether you include df+3+4 or not.

Last edited by mylvis on Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:19

VargasTheSick
Tekken God
PSN: VargasTheSick
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Great, guide. I have tried to do that snake dash right into his FC d,f+4,3 but I have only done it like once. Ling Massacre showed it too me in T6, but I was never able to do it consistently. Any tips ?
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
mylvis
Shihan
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by VargasTheSick
Great, guide. I have tried to do that snake dash right into his FC d,f+4,3 but I have only done it like once. Ling Massacre showed it too me in T6, but I was never able to do it consistently. Any tips ?

I don't get it that constantly either, especially if I try to do it extremely fast. Always so pissed when I hit them with qcf~FC db+4, when I know that could have been hellsweep. I still need more practice on that department myself too.

Practice, practice and practice

Edit: Actually I do have one tip to share:
If you want to do a fast hellsweep the input needs to be d,df~db~df+4,3 and NOT d,df,f~db~df+4,3.

And basically from snake dashing: qcf(~u)~d,df~db~df+4,3

Last edited by mylvis on Nov 27th, 2012 at 09:45

Insane Axes
Berserker
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
b+2,1 only punishes i14?

nothing "lower"?
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Not sure what you mean by lower. b21 is i14 (14 frames startup) which means you can punish any move that is -14 on block or more. Anything less can't be punished because b2 comes out too slow.
Signature s3:
Insane Axes
Berserker
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
yeh I'm not too saavy when it comes to frames

i meant if b2,1 punishes 10,11,12 on block