Page Splits 123>...6
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
mylvis
Shihan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Hello, dear Wangsters

Guide is finally near to complete, but if someone finds more oki and other interesting stuff I will be sure to add it.

So if you have anything to share, please contact me and help the community out.

Download latest version here: screen | print

Table of contents:

1.0 Frame data
2.0 Character overview & choosing a partner
3.0 Movelist analysis
4.0 Punishing
5.0 Juggles & guaranteed follow-ups
6.0 Oki & Setups
7.0 Advanced techniques
8.0 Game Plan

+ Back cover includes a quick guide

Release log:

25th of November, 2012
v1.0, guide is essentially complete

6th of November, 2012
v0.5 released, added Waning Moon to Movelist Analysis, made Punishing and Juggles & Guaranteed follow-ups sections. Fixed some typos and mistakes, and probably made more of them.

26th of October, 2012
v0.2b released, adding more to movelist analysis
v0.2 released, adding more to character overview and featuring movelist analysis section.

23rd of October, 2012
v0.1 released, featuring frame data and character overview

Last edited by mylvis on Nov 25th, 2012 at 03:01

Signature My Tekken 7 notes
sithlord
THE EMPEROR
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Make a couple of posts if you need them that say: Reserved

In case you need the space. When I see you have done that, I will delete this post. I shall also sticky this when I see you have continued working on it more. Thanks for the effort so far.
Signature "I'm looking forward to completing your training.
In time, you will call me: MASTER."
HARDCOAR™©®
Join the DARKSIDE
mylvis
Shihan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sithlord
Make a couple of posts if you need them that say: Reserved

In case you need the space. When I see you have done that, I will delete this post. I shall also sticky this when I see you have continued working on it more. Thanks for the effort so far.

Thanks, but I don't think that I'll need more space, at least not yet. Anyone got more to add to nerfs and buffs from BR to Tag? I already noticed that I didn't remember to note that d+2 doesn't hit grounded anymore.

Edit: I'll try to get at least 'Movelist analysis' done by this week, maybe even more.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice job so far! How did you get the framedata? Did you take it from a site or did you test it yourself?
About the new moves: ff1+2 is not only safe, it only launches on CH now but it does grant a B! juggle now.
uf3 is homing.
uf4 launches up now (like BR uf3) and is now i15.
I haven't checked but I heard df41 is -10 now.
Signature s3:
mylvis
Shihan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
Nice job so far! How did you get the framedata? Did you take it from a site or did you test it yourself?
About the new moves: ff1+2 is not only safe, it only launches on CH now but it does grant a B! juggle now.
uf3 is homing.
uf4 launches up now (like BR uf3) and is now i15.
I haven't checked but I heard df41 is -10 now.

Thanks, the frame data is mostly from InaTekken, some were tested with Tofma.

I will add hopkick changes, totally forgot to mention about it.

I will be covering all useful moves in the next section, so just wait for that.

As far as I know df+4,1 is safe at -9 if I remember correctly.

Last edited by mylvis on Oct 24th, 2012 at 18:42

mylvis
Shihan
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Guide updated, check the log. Need to edit movelist analysis section a bit for next release, since I forgot to mention about Waning Moon
FatJosh
Kyu
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
sick guide. thanks a lot!
mylvis
Shihan
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Blood, sweat and tears have been shed, but finally a new version is out!
The guide currently includes all the basic information you need to start playing Wang, so hopefully the thread will be stickied now.

I was thinking that I should replace 'Wall game' section with 'Game plan' one, which would also include play styles and things like that. Whenever I get to that point.

Don't worry guys there will be more to come
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Blood, sweat and tears have been shed, but finally a new version is out!
The guide currently includes all the basic information you need to start playing Wang, so hopefully the thread will be stickied now.

I was thinking that I should replace 'Wall game' section with 'Game plan' one, which would also include play styles and things like that. Whenever I get to that point.

Don't worry guys there will be more to come

kick ass! cant wait for the last 3 sections
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Thank you for your hard work for the community. Mods, sticky!
Signature s3:
timmo420
1st Dan
PSN: timmo420
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
As a newer Wang player, I cannot thank you enough for this guide!
mylvis
Shihan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi guys, some info in the guide is wrong/missing, but instead of making v0.5b I rather just list them here and add them to next bigger update.

Frame data:
- db1+2 is actually safe (-9?), not -12
- db241 is -13, not -18. Also has pushback, some characters can't even punish it (need to make a list)
T6BR to TTT2 changes:
- db+3 now leaves you crouch
Guaranteed follow-ups:
- b+1+2 -> db+4,2 (punch sabaki must be done)
- at wall FC df+4,3 -> FC df+4,3, second hit is techable
- at wall FC df+4,3 -> cc db+4,2
- at wall FC df+4,3 -> cc d+4,1
Juggles:
magic 4, 1+2 B! df+3+4, f+1, b+2,1,1+2 for 63 damage, staple
magic 4, 1+2 B! f+4, f+1, b+2,1,1+2 for 67 damage, sometimes f+4 doesn't hit and (b+2,1,)1+2 whiffs
But remember kids:
Originally posted by Jordyce
Real men use dash jabs.

If you notice other mistakes or missing things or don't agree with something, be sure to inform me, thank you.

Last edited by mylvis on Nov 11th, 2012 at 12:28

Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks a lot for this guide, I've been going through a lot of characters trying to find tag partners but I think I'll just got with my heart instead of my head.
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
poms
4th Dan
PSN: poms
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey Mylvis, maybe I could PM you, but I get an error when trying to download your guide. Anyone having the same problem?
Signature
mylvis
Shihan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by poms
Hey Mylvis, maybe I could PM you, but I get an error when trying to download your guide. Anyone having the same problem?

They seem to work just fine for me :O I have a program called CutePDF installed, maybe that would help? You can download PDF files easily with it, or you could try downloading with a different browser.

Hope this helps.

About the next update; I'll try to start working on it this weekend. I have been busy with school work for couple weeks now, finally got some sort of break.
poms
4th Dan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Tryied again today and worked perfectly. Not sure what was happening the other day
Thanks anyway for the answer Mylvis, and awesome job with the guide!

Offtopic, but I would say I have the impression Wang is been really nerfed since T5. He was a bit nerfed in T5DR, I didn't play T6, but in TTT2 I find that other chars like Feng or Jinpachi are like total beasts compared to him.
Luckly I never play tournaments
Signature
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Offtopic, but I would say I have the impression Wang is been really nerfed since T5. He was a bit nerfed in T5DR, I didn't play T6, but in TTT2 I find that other chars like Feng or Jinpachi are like total beasts compared to him.
Luckly I never play tournaments

he is definitely nerfed but you can still win with him. honestly if you win with wang consistently its only going to make you a better tekken player
B.T.P
Kyu
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
i'm picking up Wang as my main character in TTT2 now.
He is nice to play, poke all the way...LOL. . Thanks to all the useful guides there.
Btw, any followup after CH d/f+3 ? Cheers.
Signature Poke until you die!
poms
4th Dan
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WangIsKhan
he is definitely nerfed but you can still win with him. honestly if you win with wang consistently its only going to make you a better tekken player
So true. I just hope the endless hours I spent in T5 and DR playing Wang were not in vain.
I only miss the old d/f+1,1 for long distance punishment, and not sure what they've done with the actual WM. It's just so hard to conect d/b+4,3, so I just go for an easy death fist most of the times.

Originally posted by B.T.P.
Btw, any followup after CH d/f+3 ? Cheers.
If I'm not mistaken, you can get full juggle from that. d/f+2,1 should conect.
Cheers
Signature
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
It's just so hard to conect d/b+4,3, so I just go for an easy death fist most of the times.

word i hear you there. i have been using d1+2 it seems to be a lot more consistant also i tag buffer it so it kills red life WM has always been hard for me but i think i finally (after a year of practicing lol) got it. during the animation i hold down 2 run up than just d1+2. the best advice i got was to look at wangs feet and start your dashing only after they are both fully turned around.

If I'm not mistaken, you can get full juggle from that. d/f+2,1 should conect.

i think if your opponent holds back df21 will get blocked and you'll pretty much die haha as far as i know there is no guaranteed followups. i usually go for a WM attempt after a CH df3. but if you find something let us know!