Page Splits <123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
I'll throw out a top 10 list for fun. In no particular order since everything has it's own situation to be used.

df2: Doesn't really need an explanation.

qcf1: Tracks well, has a lot of high crush frames due to the crouch dash. Tag bufferable in and out of combos.

df1~b: So many options after this. You can cancel the sway into anything. You can cancel the sway into jabs to interrupt anything after they block df1. If they press buttons besides hop kicks, sway 3 on CH leads into full combos. sway 2 is safe. Sway 32 is only jab punishable.

db2: High crushes. On CH leads to decent damage. Not the best tracking but still a fairly useful move.

qcf2: Good whiff punisher and staple combo ender.

d421+2: Great damage for a unseeable low. Wall splats from the right distance.

ff4: Really fucks up long range raw tags. Tracking is bad so it's not all the useful outside of that.

b4: Decent low poke.

f1+2: Great at keeping pressure, especially on the wall as it's +1 on block IIRC.

D1: Good range mid poke. Goes into FC if you hold down.

Honorable mentions:

yolo hopkicks
b2: really slow but tracks and hurts bad on CH
b3: very good 14 frame punisher
sway 1: really hurts grounded opponents.
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
oOo_oOo-916
Banned By Mod
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
1,2,3 - is used as a jab punisher, thats all. If you need to rack up the damage that's what it for. It does like 34 dmg, so two of those and that's 68 dmg from 10frame move. The 2,1 extended is for times where you think they might try to punish the 1,2,3 if blocked.

2,3 - can be ducked, but 2,d3 combos. I use them both, it will be hard for my opponet see it coming. And I can always just throw 2 or f2 out there and backdash or ss or into a mid poke. The key is not to become predictable...

Df1~b - i know is good, but I'd rather save that mix up for the wall...if my opponet see's all my df1 sway mix ups in open field it won't be that useful at wall since they have been seeing it the whole fight. I use it at the wall.

Shredders - you should NEVER just throws out randomly.

Db2 - tracking is bad, and on hit its easy for opponet to backdash away from mix ups.

B2 - is just slow. And leaves you in your opponents face at -8 on block. And it will get blocked. I'd rather just read a ss or guess and use df2, or b3.

Now there's a lot of moves I didn't put in my top ten. But I use ever fight:

Sway1 - my timing for this move is like no other, I can catch counter hit alot. They away does evade highs, and the 1 animation also Paul leans bak a little.

Ff4 - raw tags, and backdash catcher.

Death fist - yea...

Db2 - combo ender for high wall splat, and counter hit oki set ups.

Df3,4 - very good mid mid punisher and leaves you at +7 or 8.

And I use qcf3 when I have rage

The only reason why these didn't make my top ten is because they are very situational...

My list is more practical for my play style.

I would love to read why you have to say about others top ten as well...

Last edited by oOo_oOo-916 on Jul 10th, 2013 at 03:09

Signature aka NorCal_Tekken aka lilty916
oOo_oOo-916
Banned By Mod
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
I haven't seen ss3 anywhere.

Is this not a good move. I use it every match. I just didn't put it in my top ten.

It doesn't have the t5 animation but it's still good.

What do you think USMC.?
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by oOo_oOo-916
I haven't seen ss3 anywhere.

Is this not a good move. I use it every match. I just didn't put it in my top ten.

It doesn't have the t5 animation but it's still good.

What do you think USMC.?
It's decent on grounded opponents. Misses if they side roll sometimes. Nothing to great or too bad about it.
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
Kev!n
Iron Fist God
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
I see people routinely win with just just death fist, d421+2, and hopkicks .
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
deathfist
d+1,2
d+1,4,2
d+4:2:1+2
qcb+1+2
qcf+1
b,B+1+2
qcf+1+2
f+1+2
d+1+2
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos
oOo_oOo-916
Banned By Mod
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok new top ten as of 9/06/2013

1.) Jabs (1, and 1,2) - Paus jabs are really good I think...nice hit box and ok range. Work the set ups. That's how you fight set up shit with the jabs.

2.) 2,d3 - I really like that you cn do this move from side step....unlike 1,4. The low comes out faster than the Low in the 1,4 and does more damage.does more damage than just 1,2 as well. My jab might get stepped and the d3 will catch them before they can punish.. Unlike 1,4 or 1,2.

3.) Df1 / df1~b - I love df1. It's not like others df1s. It's slower and has less advantage. But after a could of blocked df1 sidestep setups your opponet will get smart and that's where df1sway comes in. Df1sway3 will high crush jabs and counter. Df1sway cancel f1 will beat jabs and any mid that doesn't high crush. Df1sway3 can beat a lot of stuff....

4.) df2 - it's just too good

5.) f4 - this move is perfect for my poking game. 12frames, +7 on hit -4 on block. Has good range, and can lead to 80+ damage on counter.... This move is a good option when u have frame adv, or when just poking and stepping. On counter is juggle start or jut use the knockdown to set up oki. Very good poking tool. Once they try to duck this move the options open up.

6.) d1.- soooo good. His best poke hands down. This move is a semi homing move. The tracking on this move is very good. It's +2 on hit and f4 reaches perfect.

7.) demo man - just too good.

8.) qcb1 - I use this move a lot actually....my timing with it has gotten really good. I have evaded jabs in my face ands smacked them with sway1 for the counter. Plus it's safe knock down that leads to extra damage and juggle on counter for Paul's most damaging combos.

9.) ss3 - oh do I love this move. My timing for this move is very good know too. It's a standing low making it hard to see, kinda easy to read duh to it coming out of sidestep but thats why you ss a lot use his mids. Ss3 on hit is like +3 ANd leaves them kinda away from you. But f4 reaches and is uninterruptible.

10.) qcb4 - wow. How good is this fucking move.? I had to choose from ff2:1, hopkicks, and f1+2. And this move still made it to the top. It has very good range plus Paul advances toward a bit. +5 on block, knocks down on hit, juggles to huge damage on counter and it's homing.!!. It's just too good.

New top ten.
Sugar Free
Raijin
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Paul's forum are always so dead...

2.) 2,d3 - I really like that you cn do this move from side step....unlike 1,4. The low comes out faster than the Low in the 1,4 and does more damage.does more damage than just 1,2 as well. My jab might get stepped and the d3 will catch them before they can punish.. Unlike 1,4 or 1,2.

I personally use both of them, since mixing them works surprisingly well when trying not to get predictable.
Both "2,d3" and "1,4" definitely deserve a top ten for Paul.
Just wanted to point out that you can actually use "1,4" when SSing by pressing "1+2,4", particularly useful to know when against, say, dragunov, who can punish you at -12 from crouch (for reference, "2,d3" is -12 on block, "1,4" is -11 on block)

5.) f4 - this move is perfect for my poking game. 12frames, +7 on hit -4 on block. Has good range, and can lead to 80+ damage on counter.... This move is a good option when u have frame adv, or when just poking and stepping. On counter is juggle start or jut use the knockdown to set up oki. Very good poking tool. Once they try to duck this move the options open up.

Indeed one of his pokes, but 1 frame slower than other 4s and definitely inconsistent (euphemism) when trying to pull out a full combo out of CH.
Was it 11 frames, Paul would have been able to punish AK's "fn,df f+2", whereas jabs very rarely reach him; or, it would have worked a whole lot better after a blocked 1 where, as it is now, an opponent's jab beats its.
Doesn't deserve a top ten IMO. Could be A LOT better.

9.) ss3 - oh do I love this move. My timing for this move is very good know too. It's a standing low making it hard to see, kinda easy to read duh to it coming out of sidestep but thats why you ss a lot use his mids. Ss3 on hit is like +3 ANd leaves them kinda away from you. But f4 reaches and is uninterruptible.

Paul has 2 standing lows, both horrible when compared to most (if not all) the cast, with b+4 still being better than SS+3 imo.
SS+3 comes out at 29 frames considering the sidestep, Bryan gets +14 frames out of "b,d/f+4", which is a 29 frames, cancellable low.
It's a situational move at best, viable against grounded opponents.
Its CH frame advantage is also a joke, at +11 Paul just gets a guaranteed d+2 (still not always lol, d+2 often doesn't reach).
Now, if Paul had a good from crouch game, it would have been usable, but as it is, opponents will just stand, either blocking or ssing.
I'm not saying its trash, but not top ten material, IMO.

10.) qcb4 - wow. How good is this fucking move.? I had to choose from ff2:1, hopkicks, and f1+2. And this move still made it to the top. It has very good range plus Paul advances toward a bit. +5 on block, knocks down on hit, juggles to huge damage on counter and it's homing.!!. It's just too good.

Yup, its very good, but it's not 5+ on block, it's +3.

My 2 cents, hope this will somewhat revive this forum for a while ^^"

Last edited by Sugar Free on Sep 21st, 2013 at 00:40

oOo_oOo-916
Banned By Mod
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
My bad on qcb4....+3

1+2,4 is boss...was using it today...

Df1 sway cancel 1+2,4 is my new shit.

Oh and wtf!!!! Qcf1 is a very good move. No one uses ???? Ive been fuckin ppl up with qcf1...

You can still ss after on block, and if u whiff at the tip the recovery isnt bad at all.

.qcf1 has very good range and high crush. And it has super good priority. When head to head with other moves, it wins alot.

And theres no way b4 is better than ss3.

It doesnt measure up to ss3 in any area
Sk37ch
Legend
PSN: Sketchstation3
XBL: Sketch on 360
#30 “Quote” Edit Post

Oh and wtf!!!! Qcf1 is a very good move. No one uses ???? Ive been fuckin ppl up with qcf1...

You can still ss after on block, and if u whiff at the tip the recovery isnt bad at all.

.qcf1 has very good range and high crush. And it has super good priority. When head to head with other moves, it wins alot.

I feel as if qcf+1 is Paul's version of Electrics. Obviously it is no where as good as EWGFs, but it has great crushing properties and is safe on block. It is tag bufferable and has a huge hitbox for a high. I personally don't use it enough and is one of the moves I'm trying to use more.

It is essential that qcf+1 is learned to get really good damage. It's not the easiest to land after a hopkick or d/f+2, but after a lot of practice it is doable in match. After about a year of dropping combos attempting this, I can land at least one qcf+1 after a launch about 90% of the time solid.

[/QUOTE] And theres no way b4 is better than ss3.

It doesnt measure up to ss3 in any area [/QUOTE]

IMO, ss3 is easier to see than b+4. b+4 is either 0 or +1 on block I think. Both moves are good though.
Signature
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
I've had ss3 complete miss grounded opponents quite a few times for no reason at all.
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by USMCOgre
I've had ss3 complete miss grounded opponents quite a few times for no reason at all.

wierd,on note,does anybody use d+2 to hit grounded oponents
Signature

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Onizuk@
Legend
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sspaajms120
wierd,on note,does anybody use d+2 to hit grounded oponents

d+2: 21dmg, 18f, -12f on block , +4 on hit.
Not using it since TTT2, cos of possible Tag Crash. I rarely see anyone using it and the range is weird sometimes. It's a shame that qcb+1 doesn't hit grounded opponents on range 1. At least it's good against backrollers. For backrollers I prefer ff+4,WS+3,d/b+2,b+1<2 TA! [filler], qcf+2.
Signature TTT2U Paul punishment thread: "No pain, no gain."
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=128452
The most complete punishment thread on TZ.
"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."
Sun Tzu 孫子; Sūn Zǐ; (c. 6th century BCE)
oOo_oOo-916
Banned By Mod
#34 “Quote” Edit Post

That is weird...

Ss3 is my main tool to hit grounded. I have never just missed for no reason at all....

But I use it by the wall alot when my opponent is grounded too....so that might help with me not whiffing.

D2 to hit grounded by wall or as low poke when opponent quick stands at wall is good.

In open field qcf3 is another one of my ground hitting tools. Has stupid range.
oOo_oOo-916
Banned By Mod
#35 “Quote” Edit Post

That is weird...

Ss3 is my main tool to hit grounded. I have never just missed for no reason at all....

But I use it by the wall alot when my opponent is grounded too....so that might help with me not whiffing.

D2 to hit grounded by wall or as low poke when opponent quick stands at wall is good.

In open field qcf3 is another one of my ground hitting tools. Has stupid range.
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
It doesn't miss a lot, but it's happened in some WTF situations.
King420
4th Dan
PSN: BlackSavage227
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
1. Demo Man,

2. DeathFist

3. Thruster

4. f,f+4

5. f,f+2:1 Or f,f+2:2 ( One of pauls many great mixups )

6. Sway+1, Sway+1+2, Sway +4, Sway+3+2+1( Or 3 )

7. Shredder Kicks// Shredder Hopkick

8.B+3, ( I love this move despite not having great range, it leads to big damage )

9. D+1 Mixups

10. Shoulder Charge

11. B+1,2

12. Qcf +1+2 ( Could be alot higher on the list )

13. Pauls BackFlip
oOo_oOo-916
Banned By Mod
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
If your opponet is blocking qcf1+2 yea use it, its definitely worth the risk for a high crushing low that launches with good range at -12.

But....

If your qcf1+2 is getting low parried then it is no longer worth it....

So not really that good at top play...
Onizuk@
Legend
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
@oOo_oOo-916 :
But you can use qcf+1+2 to catch raw taggers and mix it up with f,f+4 if you think qcf+1+2 won't reach.

With qcf+3 being -19 on block and 0 on hit sounds bad on paper. I only use it 1-2 times per match.
What are your experiences so far with this move?

@King420: Paul's Backflip at #13? I'm sure you have seen some videos of TeamMashFTW, where they killed noobs with it.
Signature TTT2U Paul punishment thread: "No pain, no gain."
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=128452
The most complete punishment thread on TZ.
"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."
Sun Tzu 孫子; Sūn Zǐ; (c. 6th century BCE)
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Onizuk@
@King420: Paul's Backflip at #13? I'm sure you have seen some videos of TeamMashFTW, where they killed noobs with it.

need i say more?
Signature