g-clef_cannon
Shihan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
In no particular order:

1) df+2, 1
2) jab
3) uf+3 (especially on CH)
4) db+3
5) VTS and it's mixups, especially the tackle.
6) df+4, 2
7) db+2 (my gtfo move)
8) ff+1+2
9) d+1+2 (against high happy people)
10) df+1+2
Signature [Jun]Grace and Brawn
Siddhartha Rao
Virtuoso
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Signature $I!]
mofomikes
3rd Dan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
1, d+2

a good move to be followed up with d+4

or follow up with df+1 when trained on d+4

against aggressive opponents; 1, d+2 wait for the low crush response to d+4, then punish
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
As usual, 10 isn't enough! XD

But if I had to only list 10, in no particular order...

------------------

d/f+1
d+3
d+4
b+4
d/b+2
u/f+3
VTS 1+2
ff+1+2
d/f+3 extensions
d+2,4
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
Keyira
1st Dan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Top 10 in no particular order:

d/f+1
d/b+2
u/f+3
VTS d+1+2
VTS 1+2
d/f+3 exts,
ff+1+2
u/f+1+2
ff+3
b+2
OFdp?
Duk Train Coming!
PSN: OFdp
XBL: CrusherofFeelings
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f+1
d/b+2
d+3
d+4
qcf+2
d/b+4
vts d+1+2
vts+2
u/f+1+2
fc/ vts d/f+1+2
Signature Block more.
MannyBiggz
Berserker
PSN: MannyBiggz
XBL: Manello Biggz
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I figure jab strings, throws, and ground throws all go without saying, so I will omit them.

1. d/b2 - Key move vs gimmicky stances, safe mid, decent range, full juggle on CH, and wall splat on normal hit. His best new addition IMO.

2. d3 and d4 - Primary low pokes. Good damage and range. d4 also tracks quite well on top of it being a unparryable high crush. Forces people to duck or crush instead of less risky fuzzy low parries.

3. Tackle - Back to being the way it's supposed to be. Your primary tool in keeping up your momentum as long as you're using it correctly.

4. d/f1 - Primary launcher. Just as much range as d/f3, and his some high crush frames added to it. Improved hit box goes a long way too.

5. d/f3 into all extensions - Various follow ups for various purposes: 17f launcher with d1 follow up, 1,d2 follow up that's hit confirmable and you can just stop at the 1 for +2 on block, 1,2,f1 follow up for good + frames on block that can train them to duck, and 1,2,3,1+2 follow up for when they are trained to duck. Risky, but quite damaging.

6. f2 with all extensions - f2 tracks to his right, has HUGE range, HUGE advantage on regular hit, full juggle on CH, and is safe on block. You can use f2,1 high, high string that's safe on block to train them to duck, and god help them if they do start to duck because they'll be eating the d1,2 NC launcher for absurd damage.

7. u/f3 - While the disadvantage on block makes this a tad bit less useful, it can still give certain characters some major problems. Just be careful not to use this move too liberally and get jabbed out of it and eat a full juggle for your hubris.

8. d2,4 - IMO, this is Marduk's most underrated move. Both hits are mid, elbow into knee for anti counters, natural combo, nice chunk of damage, second hit has CH properties, and pushes back slightly on block. I'm also fairly certain that it tracks to Marduk's right.

9. ff2 - His fastest option for normal hit knockdown, wall splats, and only a small disadvantage on block, which makes it a great set up for...

10. d/b1+2 - Pretty much the definition of high risk/high reward. SSR before it to give yourself a bootleg double sidestep. Nets him his highest non CH juggle damage, and even if you connect off axis, you have enough time to sidestep into position before continuing with your juggle.

Obviously lots of other honorable mentions (d/f1+2, b4, f1+4, VTS d1+2, WS1, b2, etc...), but these are the primary moves I like to think about since I'm a whore for setting up and getting big damage.
Icege
iku iku ikuuu
PSN: Icege-_-
XBL: Ic3ge
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
d+2,4 can also be delayed (while still comboing) to bait CH for the 2nd hit
Signature [04:25] WayGamble: hey hey hey
[04:25] WayGamble: i dont talk shit to you cuz you dont put yeast in your bread now do i?
[04:25] Icege:
[04:25] TekkenJam: jew
IRON LOBSTER
Orlando BOOM
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MannyBiggz

3. Tackle - Back to being the way it's supposed to be. Your primary tool in keeping up your momentum as long as you're using it correctly.

In what way is it back to the way it's supposed to be?

Thanks is advance, working on a scrub Marduk atm.
Signature A split second is only 30 frames.
MannyBiggz
Berserker
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Icege
d+2,4 can also be delayed (while still comboing) to bait CH for the 2nd hit

Good point. It's a small delay, but enough to work some occasional d4 after the d2 is blocked to keep people on their toes.

Originally posted by IRON LOBSTER
In what way is it back to the way it's supposed to be?

Thanks is advance, working on a scrub Marduk atm.

Meaning that it's harder to break overall and enough of a threat to force people to consider how they get up so you can run your oki set ups.
The Tekken King
Warrior
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
1) d+3 (fast low / ssl catch / long range)
2) d+4 (fast low / ssr catch / crush high / long rage / use it in rage)
3) f+2 (fast high / ssr catch / ch combo / safe / long rage)
4) f+3 (mid / ssl catch / ch combo / safe / knee / long rage)
5) db+2 (fast mid / ch combo /safe / W!)
6) uf+3 (mid / safe / ch combo / crush low / knee)
7) d+2,4 (fast mid / safe / elbow / mix with d+4 in rage/ delay 2nd for ch fishing or only d+2 for poke)
8) b+2 (mid / safe/ homing / ch combo / long rage)
9) df+3, mixups
10) 1,2, mixups

Note : use vts,1+2 and throws alot.
Signature My main.
My sub.

My job is to Make The Low Tiers Win The High Tiers.
nano5896
1st Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
df+3,1,d+2
df+3,df+1
db+2
qcf+2
ff+1+2
b+4
df+1
db+4
vts 1
vts d+1+2
junemitsu
Champion
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
1. b+4
2. u/f+3
3. d+3
4. qcf+1/qcf+2 mixup
5. 1,2 vtsc
6. u/f+1+3
7. ws+1, ws+1 into options
8. d/f+2
9. d+4
10. tackle
Signature -Tekken Scrub 4 Life-
Titty
4th Dan
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
I catch so many people with df+2,1 and lately ff+1+2 has been getting me some wins with because its a great combo starter.

1,2,VTS,1+2 mixed with 1,2,VTS,f+1+2 really gets a lot of people.
Kenshobu
Shihan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
My favourite...

u/f+3
D/F+3,1
d+1+2 ( great high crusher )
d/b+2
d/f+1
Marduk's takedown ( when people are about to rise up hehehe )
f,f+1+2
d~d/f~f+2 ( the low hand sweep )
u/f+3+4 ( its insane, it dodges alot of attacks and if you land on him with hit, you can quickly grab him )
while rising 3

my all time favourite: wear champion belt thingy, K.O opponent with takedown with 1+3, and he yells at a lifeless body... You deserved it !
freakyfishdude
1st Dan
PSN: FreakyFishDude
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
in no particular order

1) ws_vts 1
2) 1,d2; df3,1,d2
3) d3
4) db2
5) df1
6) b4
7) uf3
8) d4
9) f2,1_d1,2
10) vts d1+2

did not get a chance to include throws from marduk but i would abuse:
1) vts takedown (mix up)
2) ff1+2 (combo starter/tagging out)
3) jackhammer - f,hcf1 (damage)

Last edited by freakyfishdude on Jan 28th, 2013 at 16:59

MannyBiggz
Berserker
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Just realized I forgot to mention the d1+2 launcher. Due to how unreliable it used to be as a high crush, I kind of neglected this move. It seems slightly more reliable as a high crush now, is tag bufferable, and eats up counters as a nice side bonus. Gotta work it into my game more.
8Anton8
Kyu
PSN: s-ANT0N-s
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
My favorite moves in no particular order :

1,2 serie, all options after are delayable so it's very good.

d/f+3 serie, i17 punisher and even more extensions. Can pick up roll and tag crashes.

d/f+1 Nice range.

d/b+2, the "I do everything move" lol i16, safe, KD, punish pushback moves like Heihachi ff+2, wall splat, full juggle on CH, anti stance move (like Capos Relax stance).

d+3 Above average speed for a nice 24 point of damage (And in rage mode, well.. abuse it and it's your opponent that will rage ^^)

b+4 Safe i14 mid, long range so it can punish consistently things like Jack-6 and P-Jack d/f2 or Steve DUK 2 (f+3,2).

d+2,4 Safe and damaging, can't be reverserd.

VTS tackle Hard to break.
Sometimes, when the opponent break it, there is an animation where Marduk ends up in a Full Crouch state : who is at an advantage after that ? I couldn't verify this in practice mode, I'd like to know if I can continue my offense with WS+1 after the break ..

VTS d+1+2 unseeable powerlow (But horrible on block), if you place yourself well near the wall, you have a wall throw (I wonder if there are any other possibilities in case of wall splat ?).

VTS 2 Has a lot of tracking, wall splat, safe, huge damage on CH.

I'm still not at ease with throws and follow ups, I'm starting to use them more, my favourites are f,hcf+1, damage and okizeme, qcb+1+2 for the 1+2 break and oki, and VTS 2+4 leaves the opponent close to the ground, Face Up Feet Away.

EDIT (10 sept 2013) :

My list has changed since last time,

I keep :

1,2 (serie)
d/f+3 (serie)
d/f+1
d/b+2
VTS Tackle (safe and can't be reversed, only broken)
VTS d+1+2 (If Wall Splat, you can use the universal tag bound 1+2+5 for a full combo)

I add :

VTS 1 / WS1 : i11 crouch punisher, can go into VTS by pressing 3+4 after and you can do WS1,2 (VTS1,2) as well : 2 is safe, high, if WS1 hit on CH, 2 is guaranteed, even if delayed.

If it is the 2 that hit on CH, the opponent will fall on his knees then on his head, this is where you get a ground throw mixup : Side step in the direction the head fall and do either d/b+1+3 (Juggle) or d/b+2+4 (good damage).

Opponent can escape your throw mixup, but it will be more a guess than reflexes since the animation of the arms will be the same.

d/b4 : when it hit, both of you falls to the ground, you can rise into a crouching state and FC3 is guaranteed (Yes, it is FC3 and not get up kick 3).

f,hcf1 : 11f throw, 50 point of damage and awesome oki.

f+1+2 : It is not repertoried as a homing move and indeed can be avoided, though it has alot of tracking, both ways, I'd say it is one of the most homing of the non homing moves lol.

It is i15, 39 points of damage, -12 on block, but you can do f+1+2,2, the 2 gives a full CH combo, but is -14. It is enough to make opponent being afraid of attacking after f+1+2.
I consider it is risky, but the good speed, power and tracking is very enjoyable.

It's hard to name only 10 moves I still use d+3, b+4, d+2,4, VTS 2 and other moves like f+2 serie, u/f+3, u/f+4, d+1, ff+2, throws, I think he has a very good movelist.

Last edited by 8Anton8 on Sep 10th, 2013 at 19:11

Signature
sspaajms120
O.T.K.
PSN: sspaajms60
XBL: Steam:PileUpOTK120
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
df+4,2
df+3,1,2
b+4
d+4/d+3
df+1
2+4 air throw/wall throw
2,d+1+2
Tackle
f+2,d+1,2
3+4,1,3+4,1,3+4....
i think f,f,f+3 used to B! in T6, i'd like that back
Signature
~ you are limited in what you can do by how much you are ready to do

Put in everything you got to push yourself beyond your limits to a place where there are no limits and you will be ready for anything.
Check out my Youtube videos