any set up for rodeo spin?

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Machete_2140
Kyu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
what's the secret behind misty's RS? he can do hundreds of RS without fail, I always lead to HSP because of failed input.. anyone can help?
Signature Add Some Dirt my Friend..

Gangnam style
Machete don't dance
Islaw[FTW]
Champion
PSN: [MVP]PaoIslaw
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
practice and practice and practice until you get it right. I'm still having input errors myself but luckily I end up doing d/f+1+2 which is also a grab. Hey where do you play? I play at the University Mall near Vito Cruz station
Signature HYPER!?~Islaw
Comment: MovesLikePoste~(-.-~)(~-.-)~
Area: Philippines
Play spot: Timezone Trinoma
Vulcan Hades
6th Dan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Not sure what kind of controller you are using but cd, qcf and hcf inputs are especially hard to do on a regular d-pad in this game.

Because whenever a single direction is pressed, 2-3 directions are stored in game memory/buffer. And unlike SSF4, Tekken doesn't have lenient shortcuts to help pad users. So what happens is even though you are doing a seemingly correct hcf input, the game reads it as: u/b,b,u/b,d/b,b,d,d/f,u/f,f,f and it's not smart enough to understand that you were trying to do a hcf on a pad. So you drop the move and lose the round lol.

I play on an xbox pad so I know the torture of dropping silly inputs. SSF4 and MK9 were quite forgiving so it took me a while to get used to this. I still drop cd and hcf all the time though. So for throws I prefer going for d/f+1+2. It's 10 less damage but I never drop it!

So the problem is either your own execution or the controller you are using (or both). If you can afford it I suggest getting a stick or a fight pad for this game.

EDIT: And btw, there is a "Ask Your Question" thread.

Last edited by Vulcan Hades on Oct 12th, 2012 at 13:27

Signature My Youtube Channel
Machete_2140
Kyu
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
thnks.. sometimes I do GS input and it works. but a lil bit slower bcoz of added input which is an extra f before hcf.. im also a roger user in t6BR days and i liked GS a lot, but when it comes to RS by eddy I failed a lot. By the way i'm using mayflash with korean parts. Myoungshin fanta and crown buttons, so I think its my execution, Any set up for rodeo spin? I saw vids from misty.. he did df2 on block or whiffed(short distance) to RS.. wow!

Gangnam style
Machete don't dance
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Any move < Rodeo.

Misty does Rodeo as they run in , which is, crazy good...
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
Vulcan Hades
6th Dan
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Machete_2140
Any set up for rodeo spin? I saw vids from misty.. he did df2 on block or whiffed(short distance) to RS.. wow!

Well, these are my basic setups for command throws:

1. After a simple d/f+1 you can either go for the string, get into HSP by holding forward or do Rodeo.

2. After b+1,4,3 or RLX 2,4,3. They usually get hit by the last 3 because they are so scared of slippery kicks they try to low parry almost every time. And when they get hit by the 3, they are then scared of 3+4_b+3,3 so they just hold back waiting to punish so it's a perfect time for rodeo.

3. After u/f+3, players are more scared of the mid launcher follow up than the low options. So again they usually hold back and you can try to catch them with a rodeo.

4. After HSP 1 you are at -1 on block but it forces crouch and you are standing. So Rodeo might work.

5. HSP f+1 leaves you standing at +0 on block. So I rodeo or frame trap here.

6. b+3+4 leaves you standing at +3 on block but it's kinda slow. I admit I rarely use this one but the advantage is considerable + it forces crouch.

7. After conditioning someone with the fF+2,3 string they could start crouching after fF+2. So it could be a good opportunity to catch them with d+1+3_d+2+4. This is mostly theory though as I rarely use both of these moves.

Last edited by Vulcan Hades on Oct 14th, 2012 at 16:24

CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Vulcan Hades
7. After conditioning someone with the fF+2,3 string they could start crouching after fF+2. So it could be a good opportunity to catch them with d+1+3_d+2+4. This is mostly theory though as I rarely use both of these moves.

This is like, one of those setups that sounds so good in paper but is like . I have actually got this to work once or twice in BR, but I mean, lol Anyway, on a serious note, ff2,3 was a lot better in BR, when the second hit tripped on natural hit. So you could pressure people on wake up. But yea, it's pretty gimmicky, and still launch punishable. ff2 is still a safe advancing mid, for what that is...

Basically, if you feel like they're not going to move, go for Rodeo. If you feel they're going to crouch... do a mid but if you want to be stylish, do a crouch throw. Throws in Tekken are good, and rodeo is probably one of the best in terms of damage... I really, really see no reason to use df1+2 over it. Even though df1+2 is taggable now, you're not guarenteed anything...
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
Vulcan Hades
6th Dan
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
lol yeah I see what you mean. The idea of low-throwing is kinda silly when you can just do any mid launcher and get a crapton of damage instead.

Only reason I get d/f+1+2 is because of input mistakes. But I always try to option-select it so that if Rodeo fails, at least I get the other one. And I really like the fact that d/f+1+2 is taggable because my partner is Yoshimitsu who has really strong okizeme and evasive moves so it's great to get teleported right next to them.
Machete_2140
Kyu
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Muchas Gracias.. Im starting to figure out the quickest successful input of rodeo after some setups. Ive got 70% successful rodeos during some match. (or just my luckyday) lol..TY Vulcan Hades for sharing some basic set ups and tips. I think ttt2 grabs are harder to escape now? is it true CaCarmen?

BTW: (Islaw)I seldom play in manila.

Gangnam style
Machete don't dance
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
I think we all agreed that throws were harder to break in Tag than before, but... I think it was just getting used to the faster pace of the game. Now that we've been playing for almost a year now, it feels the same as BR.

Actually crouch throw is pretty awesome... and a lot of damage (45 right?). Plus nothing looks cooler than landing one (unfortunetly, nothing looks uglier than whiffing one so...)
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"