Page Splits <123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
It doesn't work the same in the arcade though... just the fact that the slippery kicks extension has to be inputted faster already makes it far too risky to use. If it was identical to console and in the arcade since at least TT2U, then I'm sure it would be used more.

I agree though, there's really nothing b+1,4 does that df+2 doesn't already do, and the latter is quite a good deal safer. HSP mixup is bad risk/reward and b+1 doesn't seem to have the strange tracking df+2 has?
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah I heard that b1,4 isn't as good in the arcades. Considering the potential gain from b1,4 I think the HSP mixup is very good to be fair though?

I'm almost sure that df2 tracks to the capo's left, and never their right? Nothing strange about it I think...
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, it tracks the direction opposite of the arm, for some bizarre reason. Also something I've gotten used to is doing a small dash before doing df+2 to catch people stepping, works really well for some reason.

HSP mixup is OK... but its the Capo player trying for some non-launching damage (damgewise the best result getting a CH [f+4,]3,3+4) and risking getting floated into a bound into a TA juggle. It felt nicer in BR when a float juggle would not lead to very much damage.

That said, HSP is still very good, HSP2 is probably one of Capo's best mids and HSPb+3 is an amazing move. HSPd+3+4 crushes everything, it's a great move to do as your opponent comes in. Actually, all of the HSP moves are good... its just that you have to make sure your opponent is not going to try to randomly hit you out of it.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
ENHEAS
Virtuoso
PSN: ENHEAS_TK
XBL: no x box
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
HSP B3 is too short imho. it self whiffs too often even if opp doesn't step backwards..
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, I guess that's the trade off for the plus frames.

On the other hand, has anyone noticed how far f+1+2 into HSP3 goes? It's like the range of two and a half of uf+4's
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
numotd
Shihan
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
HSP d+3+4 does NOT crush everything...it only crush moves that has the same hit box like generic df+1...something like paul's d+1 jin's b+2,1 lee's d+4n433 and nina's d+4,1 will shut it down. That's when HSP tilt comes into play...

Chreddy is an interesting character...if one of their moves doesn't evade properly...their other evasion move will. I haven't found a move (that people actually uses...) that either db+1+2, b+2, db+4 or db+3+4 won't evade yet...

dash df+2 tracks VERY well. keep it a good habit to use it this way (one example is to do it as if you're trying to do jaycee's ff+1... but ff df+2). small dash df+2 > b+1,4...
KINGofIRONfist
Malec
PSN: Malec1983
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by numotd
HSP d+3+4 does NOT crush everything...it only crush moves that has the same hit box like generic df+1...something like paul's d+1 jin's b+2,1 lee's d+4n433 and nina's d+4,1 will shut it down. That's when HSP tilt comes into play...

what is HSP tilt ?
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KINGofIRONfist
what is HSP tilt ?

HSP u_d
Signature An ounce of practice is generally worth more than a ton of theory.

My Youtube

KINGofIRONfist
Malec
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Baron West
HSP u_d

the hsp kinda sidestep cancel thing? and that works against nina d4,1?
blaugrana200
2nd Dan
PSN: blaugrana20_pl
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
What is it about d+4 that people often use it as , even Misty
-Da Stunna-
Berserker
PSN: DaStunna_v2
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
d+4 high crushes but more importantly it tracks both ways.
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Its also really fast... i15 high crush, right?

Speaking of good lows d+3 is really good too. Rarely see it used though
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
KINGofIRONfist
Malec
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CaCarmen
Its also really fast... i15 high crush, right?

Speaking of good lows d+3 is really good too. Rarely see it used though

whats the point of d3 if you have d3~4?
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by KINGofIRONfist
whats the point of d3 if you have d3~4?

You know I used to think the *exact* same thing. Thing is, d+3 is much, much faster than most people give it credit for. Its i16, only one frame slower than d+4, and while it doesn't feel as fast as that move (even though supposedly they both high crush on the same frame), it is still much faster than d+3~4. To demonstrate, try doing these in practice mode:

d+3~4,d+3~4
d+3~4,d+3

Just to get an idea of how fast d+3 comes out.

It is slightly minus on hit and unlike d+4, leaves you further away from the opponent. So despite the fact you will probably not be in range for FC4 after it hits, you can try things like FC,df+4_db+4 or, something I like, FCdf1+2 into HSP moves. Obviously you should be careful since it is minus on hit, but we've all seen how often even Koreans will freeze after getting hit by d+4 (which is minus even more) and get hit by ws4_FC4 etc. It is also decent tracking (can't be stepped right at all if I remember correctly).

Of course d+3~4 is also a very, very good move.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
KINGofIRONfist
Malec
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
the thing is, yeah d+3~4 is slower, but it gives +frames on hit. the reason to use d4 over d3 and the reason why koreans use this and sometimes follow up with fc/ws moves and get away with it, is cause there is a d4,3 follow up, so the opponent cant just mash in after d4 hits, even its - on hit. except they read you well or something, but thats another story. d3 just got nothing, its - on hit and thats the end of the story, u cant do anything on hit against decent players.
feel free to use the move but imo its a waste of a low, i for myself go for d3~4, ss4 and d4 as the go to low pokes.
*NAKM*
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: xX-NAKM-Xx
XBL: XBL is for queefs!
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Chreddy noob here. Decided to start messing with these guys since I love unorthodox characters. :-) Anyway, here's my favorites so far:

1, 2 - standard 10f punisher
D/F+2 - safe and quick as hell, CH launcher
U/F+4 - same as D/F+2 except CH launcher obviously
D+4 - high crusher, puts Chreddy into FC mix-ups
Rodeo throw - this throw has ridiculous red life
B+2 - self-explanatory
WS+3 - good for whiff punishing, hits grounded, and can tag switch for red life
U/F+3~D - +frames on block, sets Chreddy up for RLX mind-fucks
CH B+1, 4, 3+4 - Um, yeah also self-explanatory
FC D/F+4 - I'm in love with this move. Probably shouldn't do it a lot though, haha.
Signature - "My unblockable sweep? U mad bro?"
KINGofIRONfist
Malec
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by *NAKM*

U/F+3~D - +frames on block, sets Chreddy up for RLX mind-fucks

its -13/-14 on block
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
But it is +20 mental advantage.
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
*NAKM*
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: xX-NAKM-Xx
XBL: XBL is for queefs!
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
I rarely ever see anyone punish U/F+3~D effectively. They're too scared once they see Chreddy transition into RLX right in front of them.
Signature - "My unblockable sweep? U mad bro?"
ENHEAS
Virtuoso
PSN: ENHEAS_TK
XBL: no x box
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
uf3,d is very risky now, because the blank window is wider and anyone even if just because he's scared, can ws4 you and pick you up.

Very risky, to use only if you're psychologically advantaged in that moment.Now there's no big difference between uf3,3+4 and uf3,d.. doesn't work as T6 or TDR

It was a very good tool but got nerfed a lot imho.