Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
EpicStoffer
Raijin
PSN: Lucidity64
XBL: EpicStoffer
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Title says it all, what's Your top 10 moves with Chreddie?
Signature Tekken, is at its best, a way of stepping out of the restrictive boundaries of reality that chains so many martial artists. Using this apporach, it lets the martial artist indulge in a vivid and detailed extension of his fantasy, that implores him to test its limits. B! by the some of the same mechanics, that is present in different ways throughout art. The Tekken player can at his best, produce an artistic creativity, that rivals even the Mona Lisa.
Online Tekken on the other hand, is the artist who put his shit in a can, and sold its weight in gold.
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Well, this is a character where the whole move list has some use, as a Hwo user you should understand But if I have to pick the most spammable moves...

standard jab
df2
df1
d4
ss4
uf4
Rodeo
ws1
qcf3
b3

But yeah, I try to use the whole movelist. The only moves I don't think about using are db3+4 (though it seems very evasive), db1+2, and ff4. And weird stuff, like the b1+2 jab, black samba or the extension to ss3+4...
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
Vulcan Hades
6th Dan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by CaCarmen
The only moves I don't think about using are db3+4 (though it seems very evasive), db1+2, and ff4.

Is there a reason why you don't use d/b+1+2 and fF+4?

Because those 2 moves are on my favorite list lol. d/b+1+2 is evasive, leads to a big combo and is safe on block so I think it's pretty good. And I though fF+4 was one of Chreddie's main whiff punisher. But I guess qcf+3 is just faster/safer?

I personally don't see the point of using Chreddie's entire move list. After studying the move list and frame data closely, there's only 15-20 moves I find really really good. The rest is ok but just not as good so I don't see why I would use the 80+ other moves that do the same thing as my top 20 but with more risk or smaller reward.
lizanias
Spread Tekken <3
PSN: xtc_LZN
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Not in any particular order

u/f+4
d/f+2
d+3~4
d/f+4
u/f+3,3_3+4
d/b+3,4
d/f+1,1
FC,d/f+4
Rodeo Throw
ss+2,4
ss+1+4
d/b+2,3
d/b+1+2
b+3,3
b+1,4
WS+1,3
WS+3
WR+3
ss+3
HSP b+3
HSP 1
HSP 2,4
HSP 3+4
HSP d+3~D
HSP 4
RLX 2
RLX 4
RLX f+3+4
RLX 4~3
RLX 3~4
RLXc (press d/b while in RLX)
RLX~Sideroll Glitch

I'm already sleepy, so I'm not in the mood to narrow it down to 10.

Originally posted by Vulcan Hades
d/b+1+2 is evasive, leads to a big combo and is safe on block so I think it's pretty good.

but when you whiff d/b+1+2 you can be punished, badly.

And I though fF+4 was one of Chreddie's main whiff punisher. But I guess qcf+3 is just faster/safer?

I prefer d/f+3+4 as whiff punisher... Probably because I've been using it as a whiff punisher, since....forever.
Old habit.. *shrugs
Signature INDONESIAN Tekken scene = http://www.indotekken.com
ArcadePimp.com, Aussie's best Tekken site..
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Is there a reason why you don't use d/b+1+2 and fF+4?

Because those 2 moves are on my favorite list lol. d/b+1+2 is evasive, leads to a big combo and is safe on block so I think it's pretty good. And I though fF+4 was one of Chreddie's main whiff punisher. But I guess qcf+3 is just faster/safer?

I personally don't see the point of using Chreddie's entire move list. After studying the move list and frame data closely, there's only 15-20 moves I find really really good. The rest is ok but just not as good so I don't see why I would use the 80+ other moves that do the same thing as my top 20 but with more risk or smaller reward.

Actually when I started using capos last March (I think, can barely remember now), I really liked db1+2, used it a lot. After a while, though, I started feeling it was kind of weak, it doesn't really evade as much as other evasive moves (like Lei's db1+2), so its either use it at close range, where it doesn't really evade but at least you don't whiff, or at somewhat far range, where if they come in you get a launch but if they don't you die... but I mean, it still has uses. After all, you can do u4,3 (before ff4,3), rlx spring kick and still bound, that's pretty nice.

As for ff4, I haven't got in the habit of using it, I'm still really not sure what juggle I can use for my team, plus getting stuck in HSP turns me off. Still its fast and far, I see vids where they use it to catch tag ins. Alongside uf4, df3+4 is also my go to whiff punisher as well, hard to punish for some characters/players. qcf3 is cool because its a hopkick that goes three character lengths, kind of hits ss (I feel?) and is only -12 (and hard to punish, compared to other hopkicks).

All of the moves lizanias listed are pretty good, of course. Except for the sideroll RLX thing... whats the use for it? I figure it would make certain launchers safer, but wouldn't you end up losing the juggle damage for doing it?

The way I figure it, if I wanted to play a character using five or six moves, I should just go play Jack or Lars. Characters like capos are just fun to confuse your opponent with, so messing and finding new uses for moves is always very rewarding ~
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
Vulcan Hades
6th Dan
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok thanks. I see what you mean now.. There are just better and safer ways to evade/counter pressure than d/b+1+2. I can see why it would be really unsafe on whiff.

For fF+4 combo, I just do HSP 2, b+3,3~5. There's a timing to it but once you get it down it's pretty reliable.

And yeah, I played against a real Capo master the other day and he just made me look like a fool haha. It was beautiful to watch though, he spent most of the match in RLX and HSP doing random shenanigans to mindfuck me and it worked. That match made me realize how far I am from grasping the Capo playstyle. My problem is I play Christie like a traditional character but she's not. She's designed to confuse like you said.
Signature My Youtube Channel
noodalls
PSN: noodalls
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I can see why it would be really unsafe on whiff.

Frames on whiff are actually worse than if the move connects in any way.

I figure it would make certain launchers safer, but wouldn't you end up losing the juggle damage for doing it?

That wasn't my finding when I looked at it in detail. You still get hit grounded when you would have anyway, so it doesn't reduce the time when the opponent can punish you.
subt-L
STRONGSTYLE Director
PSN: subt-L
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
i use a majority of capo moves. i think capos have alot of utility based on situations.
Signature subtle (suh tul)- adj
1: So slight as to be difficult to detect or describe; elusive; Difficult to understand.
2: Able to make fine distinctions
3:Characterized by skill or ingenuity; clever; Crafty or sly; devious; Operating in a hidden, usually injurious way
KiteBlue
Virtuoso
PSN: KiteSC
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
I feel like I've played Eddy enough to have a list for ttt2 now. Not in any order:

1. ss+4 - Good poke tool. Pretty fast, high crushes, and relatively safe.
2. uf+4 - Great low crush move. Does decent damage. Wall splats.
3. uf+3 - Starts dat 50-50 mix up. Follow ups either launches or puts you in RLX. Groundbounce people backrolling on you.
4. 4 - Good poke tool. Prevents aggression.
5. b+1,4 - Broken move. Go into that 50-50.
6. df+1 - Good pressure tool
7. db+2 - Good ranged low poke. Can start combo.
8. 3~4 - High crush low combo starter. Not as bad on whiff anymore due to 3+4 follow-up.
9. FC df+4 - Quick low to put you in RLX.
10. fff+3 - Low running move. Puts you in RLX. Starts combo on CH.
Signature "So how do I burst if I get caught in one[juggle]?"
KINGofIRONfist
Malec
PSN: Malec1983
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f+2 over all

1(,2)
d/f+1
ss+4
d+3~4
d/f+3~D
u/f+4
rlx 4
rlx 2
hsp 2
hsp b+3
rlx f+3+4
ws/qcf+3

Last edited by KINGofIRONfist on Jun 28th, 2013 at 02:12

CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah df2 is still really good. I'm surprised none of you guys mention ss3+4.

Also HSP2 is really, really good. Its probably one of Christie's best mids, though being able to use it (and all the HSP moves) requires training. Actually speaking of HSP, HSPd+3+4 is very, very good, but very hard to use properly. One of the top Japanese capo players (KT3 or KT5, forget his name) is in Shanghai, and he uses that move VERY well.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
KINGofIRONfist
Malec
PSN: Malec1983
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Actually speaking of HSP, HSPd+3+4 is very, very good, but very hard to use properly. One of the top Japanese capo players (KT3 or KT5, forget his name) is in Shanghai, and he uses that move VERY well.

imo the problem with hsp d+3+4 is, there is no reason to duck against hsp stance, hsp 3+4 (the throw) is to slow and gets easy punished. same with hsp 3~4. but in my opinion its a good thing, cause here hsp b+3 comes into the game, its evasive and gives +7 on hit and gives you a free rlx mixup. hsp b+3 is just awesome.
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
HSPd+3+4's strong point isn't just that its a launching mid (which is very cool), but primarily because its VERY evasive. Theres a ton of moves, including a lot of mids, that this thing can evade. Problem is, it requires a lot of experience to use it successfully, for very obvious reasons.

HSPb+3 of course is fantastic, and can easily be mixed up with HSP3 and HSP3~d. HSP is actually very strong but not easy to use at all.

Also even though HSP throw is technically seeable, DF1+2 into HSP throw is really fast... Also it can be used a setup if you whiff it from a medium distance, as in HSP throw (whiffed, opponent comes in) HSP4 or HSPd+3+4 when they try to come in and punish.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
The best success I have with HSP 3+4 throw is just pressing f1+2 and immediate doing it. Always works

And you'd need a lot of experience to duck the grab on reaction I think.
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
defcon
War Lord
PSN: defcon_ronin
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
top 10:

1. b14
2. b14
3. b14
4. b14
5. b14
6. b14
7. b14
8. b14
9. b14
10. b14
Signature GMB
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Lol that move is completely unfair WTF like? It's absolutely ridiculous.
Signature

Favorite quote: Everyone worse than you is a noob, and everybody better has no life...
ENHEAS
Virtuoso
PSN: ENHEAS_TK
XBL: no x box
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Again with this noob whining? The higher the level, the less you'll see b14.. Apart from this, there is another thread when you can talk about it..
numotd
Shihan
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by ENHEAS
Again with this noob whining? The higher the level, the less you'll see b14.. Apart from this, there is another thread when you can talk about it..

PM'd you. please read.
Skeering
Eoin = Owen
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
How is it a bad move in high level play? Either 130 dmg or a mixup.
Signature

ENHEAS
Virtuoso
PSN: ENHEAS_TK
XBL: no x box
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Just try to watch any Misty's vid or other high level Eddy player's and see how many times they try and\or land a Ch b14, or a b14 hsp mixup. Prepare yourself some coffee 'cause you'll have to watch quite a few vids before seeing any of these.

apart from that, the thread is something like "WTF? feels broken".

this is what i wrote

Originally posted by ENHEAS
yeah, forest b1,2,1 is nothing compared right mate?

You've been facing it but not studying it at all.

I play regularly with some friends and can land CHb1,4,3+4 i think 4\5 times in a FT7 challenge. No more.

- First of all, 110\120 damage is standard for most of the characters. Leo, Feng, Steve, Lars, Lei, Lili Hwoarang etc lead to similar damage.
- Second, combo is easy except for the b33 random timing that every single Eddy player knows. But are all other juggles that hard? Lars, Bob, Leo, Miguel, Feng, Lili, Asuka, Jun, Jacks etc are very hard characters to master in juggle I suppose.
- Third, I don't think it's an easy NCC as many people say. Because you have to input b1,4,then if you realized in the meantime that b1 was on ch, you press 3+4. Problem is that a wise player can fake a counter quite easily, like for example pressing 1+3 or 2+4. So you hit with b1,4 get the impression of a CH, press 3+4 in response and then.. die.
- Fourth: off axis matters even for this move. If you're not and Eddy player you can't realize how many times a juggle whiffs for no reason. In february 2013 I lost a tourney match in LB because I landed Chb143+4 then wanted to do hsp, 1 B!. I use Bruce in team. That juggle could have granted me victory. But hsp1 whiffed and I lost.
- evasive moves like b2, db1+2. db3+4 dont work as well as in T6. RLX is always the same and if you try something or simply want to cancel or move from it you risk to be blown up.
Eddy doesn't step, and doesn't launch punish up to 16 frames from standing, so the fear of a powerful ch is a deterrent for opponents so they don't vomit the entire command list on you.

IMHO there are so many more powerful moves (most of them don't exceed -13\14 on block!!!)in characters that often don't need them to be very competitive, that b1,4 is far from being broken.

d\f2 is still better and from experience works much more efficiently than b1,4 so you pick the second only when opponent's phones you a slow move. In risky situation, at the end of a round, you'll always pick df2.

I expect a mishima player to know how to handle them. EWGF's ABSURD HITBOX pays all the efforts trust me. And you don't need 3 ewgfs in a row, it depends on your team. Pick DJ\Lars for example and you don't need to sweat all over the place. Apart from that, try to analize how many times an EWGF lands compared to CHb1,4. A move's strength is first based on how easily you could land it on the opponent, then how safe it is and then all the rest.

b1,4 mixups are psychological, not "real". As my mates posted before, everything is risky and you can simply press bb to avoid the lows. It's a mutual 50\50 so nothing really broken

I agree with the definition of "noob killer"

this said, I think it's better to have it than not having it. But if you spam it you'll die

t5 CH 10 Frames was 1,3:4 THAT was good eheheh

here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij-GPWTvOk0