Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
EpicStoffer
Raijin
PSN: Lucidity64
XBL: EpicStoffer
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi

I hope you don't mind i make a Q and A thread, since i saw there wasn't any.

Let's start off with a question then:

What would be the best way for me to pick up Chreddie, rather than taking the long road and learning every move, every frame for every move, it's usage, and so on?
Signature Tekken, is at its best, a way of stepping out of the restrictive boundaries of reality that chains so many martial artists. Using this apporach, it lets the martial artist indulge in a vivid and detailed extension of his fantasy, that implores him to test its limits. B! by the some of the same mechanics, that is present in different ways throughout art. The Tekken player can at his best, produce an artistic creativity, that rivals even the Mona Lisa.
Online Tekken on the other hand, is the artist who put his shit in a can, and sold its weight in gold.
tuch_dis
War Lord
PSN: FAULRN
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Start playing...
Seriously. Chreddy are not conventional characters. You need to get the feel for them first. Then work on your frames and whatnot after you feel like you can play them.
Signature Christie WR3 = Sex! <3
lizanias
Spread Tekken <3
PSN: xtc_LZN
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EpicStoffer
What would be the best way for me to pick up Chreddie, rather than taking the long road and learning every move, every frame for every move, it's usage, and so on?

You already answered your question. The best way is the 'long road'.

But the more effective way is:
- read the move list....make a general assumption based on it(e.g after some moves press back to go to HSP, or press down to go RLX).

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/...istie_Move_List
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/tekke...ist.php?id=eddy

I suggest reading the Tekken 6 move lists..because it's easier to see the flow strings/moves. You can see how one move can lead to another stance, or another string.

- watch top capo players, and take notice on which moves they use.
- find the possible reasons why they use those moves...and understand each move's strength & weakness
Signature INDONESIAN Tekken scene = http://www.indotekken.com
ArcadePimp.com, Aussie's best Tekken site..
random0101
Destroyer
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
when i do a bound after a juggle with chreddy that leaves them in handstand how do I get to relax so quick?
Signature /
/
/
Vulcan Hades
6th Dan
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by random0101
when i do a bound after a juggle with chreddy that leaves them in handstand how do I get to relax so quick?

When you're in HSP, just tapping forward will put you in RLX faster. If you hold forward you will go into RLX and immediately stand up though.

Or you can do HSP B+3 or HSP u+3_4~D which will do an attack and put you in RLX.
Signature My Youtube Channel
KiteBlue
Virtuoso
PSN: KiteSC
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
I usually watch bunch of pro players and see how they approach the character. From there, I learn what they do and start working on my style of playing a character.
Signature "So how do I burst if I get caught in one[juggle]?"
-Da Stunna-
Berserker
PSN: DaStunna_v2
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
How can you avoid Anna and Ogres FC mix-ups with him/her?

This is one of those instances where the lack of a good sidestep/sidewalk sucks because it felt like I could nothing but guess at that range.
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
You could try RLX or try jumping away (the Anna's I play don't really use the FC mixup excessively so its hard for me to say.) But yeah, lack of a sidestep means that situations like that can be more annoying than they woul be otherwise.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
Ayos Mishima
Iron Fist God
PSN: Ron_Vong
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by -Da Stunna-

This is one of those instances where the lack of a good sidestep/sidewalk sucks because it felt like I could nothing but guess at that range.

Backdash Cancel may be best. Eddy has the best backdash in the game IMO.
Signature Use Facebook to connect to other players for online pickup games. Join "Tekken Online Matchmaking (TOM)" today:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TekkenOnlineMatchmaking/
Current Highest Rank: Fujin
Vulcan Hades
6th Dan
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
^ Is Eddy's backdash better than Christie's backdash? Actually, is there any reason at all to use Eddy over Christie and vice versa? Or is everything exactly the same? I just want to know if there are small differences between the two like there is in MK9 for Cyrax vs Human Cyrax.

Originally posted by -Da Stunna-

I'm not really familiar with Anna and Ogres FC mixups but what about u,u/b,b? If you're close it will do a quick backflip that goes further than backdash and if you're a bit further away it will still move back and go into HSP.
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Eddy has longer limbs and much better range.
Christie has really, really good throws.
Christie's combos are much easier to link.

Eddy is better overall, going between the two characters more and more, you'll find some pokes changing (in particular, you have to be MUCH closer to jab with Christie than with Eddy, so Iend up using 4 a lot more than I would otherwise). But if you don't have faith in the juggles, than use Christie... her basic throws have very excellent oki with guarenteed damage on both.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
Vulcan Hades
6th Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Cool thanks, that's good to know. Longuer limbs is what I feared too. That could explain why most high level players I see use Eddy instead of Christie. Makes me a little sad because I find Christie so hot lol.

So what should I do after a 1+3_2+4 throw with Christie? You're saying I can get some guaranteed damage after I land a basic throw?
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Something I wrote in BR, not sure how much of these still work in TT2...

left throw
f3+4 hits all options except backroll. d4 guarenteed, d4,3 will hit backroll, normal getup and wakeup kicks. d2 whiffs on backroll, but otherwise guarenteed, d2,3 hits normal getup and wakeup kicks. uf4 hits sideroll sometimes.

right throw
f3+4 hits all options except backroll. Instant d4 or d2 guarenteed, d4,3 and d2,3 will hit backroll, getup and wakeup kicks. b3,3 will counter hit getup (hits backturned) and wakeup kicks. Back throw is guarenteed if they get up normally as well. b3+4 hits grounded opponent not willing to move, plus frames if they stand up. Instant d3~3 hits backroll, wakeup kicks, grounded and siderolls, but can be blocked if fast enough.

Last edited by CaCarmen on Oct 16th, 2012 at 06:16

Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
-Da Stunna-
Berserker
PSN: DaStunna_v2
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
@ CaCarmen - Jumping/generic backflip sounds kinda risky...Anna/Ogre's mid option could tag you whilst you were still in the mid-air animation and spike you.

@Ayos - I already backdash cancel like a madman..feels like it's not quite enough in this case whenever the Anna player gets in my grill.

@Vulcan - The same one as on SRK I assume?

Also, I find alternating between the two gives you the best of both worlds. With Eddy you get range and better spacing, and with Christie you get better oki, b+33 consistency in juggles, and...tit factor.
Vulcan Hades
6th Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, same one.

Originally posted by CaCarmen
Awesome tech

Thanks! That sounds really good, I'll try playing around with that in practice mode.

I remember watching a match where Eddy was molesting someone down with d+4, WS 3, d+4, WS 3 etc. I think he hit him like 5-6 times in a row like that for a huge amount of damage before the opponent finally escaped lol.

That's the kind of stuff I need to do more. So far I'm only doing RLX stuff and d+2,3 for Oki. It seems to work well but I need to start doing different things.
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Do you mean that Japanese Eddy vs. AK casual where the Eddy was doing B! RLX2,4 HSPd4 RLX2,4 HSPd4 repeat repeat? Because that was pretty awesome, lol.

Capos have a lot of oki potential, now that command capture is back, can finally test setups. d2,3 is really good, both in terms of damage and mixups, (though I see some moves afterwards whiffing when they wouldn't in BR), but its nice to have other options.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"卡波拉门"
random0101
Destroyer
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
so what are chreddys punishes?
Signature /
/
/
Vulcan Hades
6th Dan
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by random0101
so what are chreddys punishes?

Main ones:

1,2 = i10, 25 dmg, +4 on hit
d/f+1,1 = i12, 23 dmg, +8 on hit
WS 1,3 = i13, 36 dmg launch, taggable
d/f+3+4 = i16, 22 dmg launch, taggable
SS 2,4 = i17, 48 dmg, corner launch, HSP
qcf+3_WS 3 = i19, 20 dmg launch, taggable
fF+4 = i19, 33 dmg launch, HSP

I'm probably forgetting some.

btw your signature is hilarious. I didn't know Foxy Grandpa was playing this game. Is he as annoying in Tekken as he is in MK9?
Duna
1st Dan
PSN: Dunamis101
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Wasn't Gipsy the best Eddy in Korea at one time, and if not then who's the best now.
random0101
Destroyer
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Vulcan Hades
Main ones:

1,2 = i10, 25 dmg, +4 on hit
d/f+1,1 = i12, 23 dmg, +8 on hit
WS 1,3 = i13, 36 dmg launch, taggable
d/f+3+4 = i16, 22 dmg launch, taggable
SS 2,4 = i17, 48 dmg, corner launch, HSP
qcf+3_WS 3 = i19, 20 dmg launch, taggable
fF+4 = i19, 33 dmg launch, HSP

I'm probably forgetting some.

btw your signature is hilarious. I didn't know Foxy Grandpa was playing this game. Is he as annoying in Tekken as he is in MK9?

Guess you missed the 1 page arguement in the xbox forums vs me and him that was cleared XD. Lets just say he wrote that he couldn't find any good players anymore and I replied all the good players have avoided you because tou hold back and when someones running to you mash f2 with jun and asuka and get launched because we block it, we'll play with you if you could play. Went like that.
Signature /
/
/