Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
J-Katz
Destroyer
XBL: o0 JkaTz 0o
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by 2PP
Yeah I remember you. Feel free to add me again if you want to play mirrors.

I don't think b,f 2+3 is a good move. It could be seeable and even if you delay it to make it unblockable your opponent can easily thrown out a low crush to beat it. The move is slow aswell. You'd be better off using d/b+2 instead. The only time I used it was when I was doing tech trap mix ups. If a got a juggle on my opponent, bound (B!) him and instead of doing b+1+2 hoping he'd tech I'd use b,f 2+3 if I thought he would lay there and avoid the techtrap. This was back in T6 days, not sure if its any different now.

Sure, I''ll re-add you. I've become a lot better since last time. There aren't many good bear players online so yeah..

Yeah I don't use it THAT much but it did help me in a couple of matches, avoiding a high poke.

Also I don't know if it's been said earlier(I'm sure it has), but ch f1,1,1 is amazing against marduk,you can db1,2 (bound, u/f 4, 3, u/f 1+2, d/f 2,1) after it for a full combo!!

Edit: Yeah it has been said already.

Last edited by J-Katz on Jan 17th, 2013 at 00:58

RoflPenguin
Kyu
PSN: RoflPenguin
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by J-Katz
Woah that's nice!! Imma remember that one!

Dude you're SCO panda right? I had you in my friend's list but you deleted me D=. I'm a brawler panda/kuma now lol.

ON topic:
What do you guys think about b,f 2+3. Why is this move not getting any love? Very nice range. Hits low. Sends the opponent far away. Ducks a LOT of moves and is imo a good move to predict pokes.

I use b,f 2+3 as oki when I'm far enough away so they can't get up kick me. If it hits I run up for a free tackle/stomp lol
Signature Rofl is the Penguin
Nameless03
Legend
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
bf2+3 and all of its iterations used to be -12 in BR, but I believe it's all launchable on block in this game now. Also seems to feel "stiffer" somehow; it feels like you have less control on exactly how much you want to delay it before releasing.
Signature (+Loss)Mercury
2PP
Virtuoso
PSN: Massive_B95
XBL: SCO Panda
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
bf2+3 is i36. You are going to get launched if you try that move.
I found that if you hit bf2+3 at the wall, you can do d/b+1+2,1+2,2 right after, if you are at the right angle.
Dark_Greeting
2nd Dan
PSN: dark_greeting
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
i have to edit my personal list after so long time i play this game.

Bears are obvious not RANK SS but they have some of the best tech trap and mind game of all time.

Re-start my list.

uf3 - god move hopkick. BEST hopkick in the game, eat all pitbullers, all lows, fast, only -11 and long. uf34,1+2~HBS good because is only -13.

ws2 - awesome rising move, -12 but is soo quickly and homing (check yourself). I use iws2 like launcher.

df4- super quickly mid, poor range but under pressure is very good.

db3- safe and +3 on hit, what else? very good for start oki or mind game (another db3 or uf3?db2 so evades high?db4 for close all of ur move? )

b2,1~3+4 _ 1+2 very good string. safe, 2nd high but NC first 2 hit, good because u can end on hbs so start again the mindgame

db2 -annoying low super long. be careful, opp can SS after hit and evade ur move if u wanna try to hit again with ws4 or db2

btp - u know why best whiff punisher of game

b1+2 traps : no need to explain again.

b1: super move, sefer and hit groung, god move near walls because u can finish on HBS for more pressure and mind game again

ROL and HBS : awesome stances. juggles everywhere. Lot of damage
Signature Peace&Bears
J-Katz
Destroyer
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by 2PP
bf2+3 is i36. You are going to get launched if you try that move.
I found that if you hit bf2+3 at the wall, you can do d/b+1+2,1+2,2 right after, if you are at the right angle.

At close range, yes. But at half screen?? This move's range is amazing. I personally am very fond of this move at the right situations . Sure it's not top 10 best moves they have, but it's usefull imo.
yip_noob
No F*eng Wei!!!
PSN: Online
XBL: Offline
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
it's a useful move, but at the end of the day i would only use it in wakeup situations.
it wont even be on my top 20 to be honest...
Signature CH b+1... b+1+2 HEY-YAAA!!

J-Katz
Destroyer
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
my top 10

-hbs
-roll stance
-btp
-d/b 1,2
-ff 2
-f1,1,1
-f 1+2
-d/b 4
-u/f 3
Grandpamuffins
1st Dan
PSN: Grandpamuffins2
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
True top ten lol
1. 2,1,3- 10f punish with low hardly anyone blocks.
2. d/b 1,2 basic punish
3. F 2,1(i think.) 1 frame slower than d/b 1,2 but does more damage
4. D/f 1,2,1,2 launch on ch, not to punishable, ends in crouch, can be bounded by ws 1+2,1+2.
5. u/f 3
6. Hunting stance 1,2 d 1+2 , 3+4 safe moves from a risky stance
7. Rolling shenanigans.
8. D 1+2. High crush, decent damage, wall splats, a little knock back, only 14f
9. Btp.
10. ws 4,2,1,1,3
f,f 2 almost made it. Great move. useful whiff punish, pushback and small high crush window.
Signature What i say when im online some days.

"Lag!" "Im not even moving!" "Hopkick ugh!" "We got another law/lars/nina/ling/king player" "If i see 1 more jun/asuka team...." "Where is my punish/throw break!"
J-Katz
Destroyer
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
d/f 1,2,1,2. On paper it's a good move... But I don't know. I don't like it's range. Same start-up frames as d/f 2,1 but less punishable.

I never use this move.. I'd rather use other moves.

Or maybe it's just me.Do other bearplayers use it?

Btw hcf 2,2. Second hit is a launcher. This is my trump card. It's slow and if they block it, you'll get launched. But it does has a nice range and the 2nd hit is low. If you hit the 2nd hit u can do a d/b 1,2 (first hit doesn't hit, second hit does) for a nice 77 damaging combo. This move is not that good, but it's not something you should forget.
Grandpamuffins
1st Dan
PSN: Grandpamuffins2
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
D/f 1,2,1,2 is perfect for the wall. Its four hit mid pressure and ends safely in crouch. Its a move no one expects and is great for crouching mix ups. Im tellin ya its great. Its only drawback is it can be reversed if your opponent catches on.
Signature What i say when im online some days.

"Lag!" "Im not even moving!" "Hopkick ugh!" "We got another law/lars/nina/ling/king player" "If i see 1 more jun/asuka team...." "Where is my punish/throw break!"
Muphukka
#SENDAPUBLISHER
PSN: HERETIC
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
If I'm running both bears and I bound or lift some poor sot against the wall, I drop a db+1+2, 1+2, 2, then tag in the other oso and hit it again. It really hurts a redbar.
J-Katz
Destroyer
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Grandpamuffins
D/f 1,2,1,2 is perfect for the wall. Its four hit mid pressure and ends safely in crouch. Its a move no one expects and is great for crouching mix ups. Im tellin ya its great. Its only drawback is it can be reversed if your opponent catches on.

After some testing, I think this move is bad. Slow start up for a close range attack. ALL four hits never hit cause of it's poor range (on counterhit), so it almost never turns in to a combo. Can be reversed. You'd be better of using other attacks instead of this one. (like btp or 2,1,3)