Page Splits <1234>...5
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't really agree on this one Khan. You just took every move (including his topmoves) and mentioned the downside or risk. That's Tekken man, (almost) every move has it's weak spot and it should. I find it silly to bash on ff2 just because it doesn't give plus on block anymore. It's a spammable supersafe CH launcher. You should always use it hidden in an array of mids. Opponents would be foolish to duck then.
Signature s3:
Cornwallace
Champion
PSN: Cornwillis
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Frame data suggests that ff+2 can be +frames on block depending on distance now, which makes sense seeing as it can connect early and late in the animation.. If you know what I mean.

Looking back at the old list I wrote, I'd probably change it almost entirely. I guess that speaks to Wangs array of 'solid' moves, but nothing that's overly amazing aside from b+1 and WM.

I'm torn over his deathfist, it's good when you're in rage, and good for whiff punishment near walls, but for whiff punishment in the open there are normally better options. D/f+2,1 will do much more damage, and at max range (where it wouldn't be clean), even f+2,2 does more. Heck, if you can't get it clean at the end of juggles - which with quite a number of characters you won't be able to do unless you compromise your juggle damage elsewhere - it's not even a very good ender! I do understand the difficulty some people have punishing it, but sometimes feel that's a fault of theirs more than anything else...
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
PSN: VargasTheSick
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Not to mention deathfist is extremely linear, it's not meant to be a poking tool, but more of a punish, and again you can get more damage off of a lot of moves. If it's not clean, it does what, 35 damage? Nothing special really.

Looking over the latest Tier Guide from Arcadia it has Wang at tier C. I think this is ONLY because of his combo possibilities with other characters, and his wall combo capabilities ( Also being able to parry tag crash, although I have never successfully done this in a match yet).

It lists Ling, Asuka, and Alisa as being below Wang, lol, wtf? I feel Wang is the WORST character in Tekken. Everyone says he is amazing, but the people saying that are usually Lars, Mishima and Bruce players that get mad when you can parry and punish b+2 lol. This is a long blurb I put in the tier discussions forum, just thought I would echo it here.

When I think of good competitive traits in a character, especially tournament viable, three things come to mind. Good punishment from 10 - 14 frames, a WS launcher, and a decent d,f+2 ( decent tracking is nice too, but yea he fails there as well). Wang has none of that. His d,f+2,1 is 16 frames, not HC, and is launch punishable. He uses 1,4 or 2,3 all the way up to 15 frames for punishment, which I believe gives him the worst 10 - 14 frame punishment in the game. Even at his 15 frame hopkick, he has the worst hopkick in the game because of his small legs and hitbox, making some -15 punishes impossible.

People talk about his amazing FC game, but honestly the most you are going to take from it is what, 47 damage? Assuming you are not retarded and don't get hit by WS+2,2,2. If Wang actually had a WS launcher, THEN his FC game would be something more menacing. Also considering his WS+3,2 is easily duckable at 2 and then launched. If you block his FC d,f+4,3, you are launched, thankfully WS+1,1 is only -12. Again, to go for " big damage " off of his FC game you are going to have to risk being launched, in the hopes of scoring around 45 or so damage. It's no Chreddy relax stance.

The place where Wang shines the most is at the wall. If you are fighting on a stage with no walls, he just lost a hell of a lot of damage potential. People mention his parry, but you can live or die by that move, it's not something you can rely on, especially in tournament play. You take a huge chance every time you parry so you better guess right.

He has always been known as a poking character, but with the nerfing of his d,b+3 from 13 frames to 18-20, the move is virtually useless. That was his main low poke in T6, and now you have to refer to d+3, which you have to be within kissing range for it to hit, for a grand total of 14 damage. I guess you could do SS+4, which is 19 damage, but right.... it's 27 frames. He's not much of a poking character anymore, he doesn't have good punishment, and his FC game is really only scary at the wall. I am a hell of a lot more afraid of Bears hunting stance then I am of Wangs crouch game.

Last thing is Waning Moon. Yea, it is an amazing throw, I don't have to go into detail on it. However first it needs to be landed, then it has the chance to be broken, and finally you have to practically do a just frame to run up and combo properly off of it for big damage. It has a few fall backs as you can see, it is never guaranteed. Both Ogres also have this move, and it sure as hell doesn't help them much in the tier rankings.
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
y2kooij
7th Dan
PSN: makehp150
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
i agree pretty much with vargas, in my opinion wang is probably in the bottom 3 characters in the game or maybe bottom 5 ish... one thing that i will add to all his downsides that ive had a hard time explaining to people regarding how bad of a character he is something that my community put a name to is the "sht dont work factor"... i know it sounds vague ... and it is a little vague but the "SHT dont work factor" is basically just a term referring to a characters 'general' ability' to land the basics when used how namco intended... wang has a very HIGH ''sht dont work'' factor... if you look at an array of characters, lets say, law, or jun, or nina... even at the shittiest angle or low ass wall spat, all those characters bounds tend to just work... you can even be face splatted on the wall and they somehow get their bound and the combo still completes... lars is another example, lets say he floats you at a horrid angle and continues with his standard combo-> it somehow realigns you and his whole combo not only connects, but actually fixes the shtty angle of your character so that the wall splat is clean and he gets it all... now lets go back to wang.... i tihnk anyone who has tried wang for more than a week can say that his shit NEVER freaking works even if you do everything properly, his bound is very unreliable, even when you do his parry and use the proper parry attack, in alot of cases it somehow screwed you over or the opponent can do an instant block when you do the immediate fast parry attack vs some moves... anyhow i know its a vague term but all you wang players know exactly what im talking about... His shit just dont work, where as other characters you can be damn sure they can have the worst situation possible and all their hits will connect no matter what...
--back to the topic: wang barely even has enough moves for me to list 10 best lol, ill put my list of moves i tend to get the most mileage out of (no order):
1. B+2 (1)
2. wanning poon
3. ff+2 (probably my favorite most used move of his)
4. df+2,1
5. 2,3
6. [FC], DF+2
7. [FC], df+4,3
8. D+2 (1+2)
9. b+3,4
10. hopkick
11. SS,1+2
12. almost forgot to mention his b+1 parry, this can be his holy grail if you can manage to use it effectively

Last edited by y2kooij on May 9th, 2013 at 20:36

Signature i go hard in the paint
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by y2kooij
i agree pretty much with vargas, in my opinion wang is probably in the bottom 3 characters in the game or maybe bottom 5 ish... one thing that i will add to all his downsides that ive had a hard time explaining to people regarding how bad of a character he is something that my community put a name to is the "sht dont work factor"... i know it sounds vague ... and it is a little vague but the "SHT dont work factor" is basically just a term referring to a characters 'general' ability' to land the basics when used how namco intended... wang has a very HIGH ''sht dont work'' factor... if you look at an array of characters, lets say, law, or jun, or nina... even at the shittiest angle or low ass wall spat, all those characters bounds tend to just work... you can even be face splatted on the wall and they somehow get their bound and the combo still completes... lars is another example, lets say he floats you at a horrid angle and continues with his standard combo-> it somehow realigns you and his whole combo not only connects, but actually fixes the shtty angle of your character so that the wall splat is clean and he gets it all... now lets go back to wang.... i tihnk anyone who has tried wang for more than a week can say that his shit NEVER freaking works even if you do everything properly, his bound is very unreliable, even when you do his parry and use the proper parry attack, in alot of cases it somehow screwed you over or the opponent can do an instant block when you do the immediate fast parry attack vs some moves... anyhow i know its a vague term but all you wang players know exactly what im talking about... His shit just dont work, where as other characters you can be damn sure they can have the worst situation possible and all their hits will connect no matter what...
--back to the topic: wang barely even has enough moves for me to list 10 best lol, ill put my list of moves i tend to get the most mileage out of (no order):
1. B+2 (1)
2. wanning poon
3. ff+2 (probably my favorite most used move of his)
4. df+2,1
5. 2,3
6. [FC], DF+2
7. [FC], df+4,3
8. D+2 (1+2)
9. b+3,4
10. hopkick
11. SS,1+2
12. almost forgot to mention his b+1 parry, this can be his holy grail if you can manage to use it effectively

LOL funny you bring up that shit don't work factor. One thing that instantly jumps to mind is if you wait a second to do his 1+2 bound at the wall. It will hit, but WON'T bound, and instead pushes your opponent underneath you. Great, now your backs at the wall lol.
y2kooij
7th Dan
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
^ol yah, u know whats up vargas, or how bout the same situation and u go for the df +1,1 bound and the first elbow hits but the bound misses and you lose out on the combo and on top of that, it leaves wang so negative that you get wakeup kick comboed or anything the opponent wants when really u should have gotten a combo and kept the opponent at the wall waking up (where is the one place wang can actually do work)... its a factor that is always overlooked when you hear people talking about wang not being a bad character.... and i can understand that people who use good characters would overlook the 'sht dont work' factor, because they take the fact that their moves & combos work properly everytime for granted and they dont understand that not all characters that have that privilege.... unfortunately for us wang players, there really isnt a name to put on this problem... ((other than the relatively unknown term-> "the sht dont work factor'' ))... thus its rarely a factor when people tend to rate how effective a character is (tier)...
sithlord
THE EMPEROR
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
While Wang's combo potential is, IMO, above average (it does take some work though), it is indeed hindered by his Bound moves. d/f+1,1 sucks ass after a few hits in the air cause it whiffs and 1+2's hitbox sucks donkey ass on off-axis opponents/smalls/BTed opponents that got launched.

I think this alone keeps him down the tier list a bit.

Just my $0.02
Signature "I'm looking forward to completing your training.
In time, you will call me: MASTER."
HARDCOAR™©®
Join the DARKSIDE
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Yea, agreed Sith. Just always angers me that new gen characters come in with everything ( Bob, Lars, Drag, Miguel, Lili and so on ) yet Wang has been around since Tekken 1, and they STILL haven't given him the tools he needs. Like, they honestly nerfed a lot of stuff from T6; he didn't need that.

Ah well, I don't think the old master is going to be in the next Tekken anyway, so it's probably a good thing people might move away from him. When I do beat people with him, I get the " Wow, he's over-powered, " or " I didn't think he was that good ". Trust me, he's not, I just put in a shit ton of mental work when I could of just picked Bob and walked all over you.

I have been using Bruce instead now, and it's funny how his 4 in Pasat alone stance does almost as much damage as Wangs 10 - 14 frame punish lol.
y2kooij
7th Dan
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
yah agreed ^ , all punishment aside... id trade all his 'new moves' just to have his d+2 hit grounded again... wang cant do crap once he knocks his opponent down now, if you go to pressure them when they are waking up.. i promise 9 times out of 10 you are gonna get wakeup kick-combo'd .. at least in t6 i could train my opponent not to wakeup kick with crouch cancel d+2 all day until they learn... now its like i have to just back off and let them get up
tyrax
Expert
PSN: RealTyraxTK
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
I guess I'm kinda attracted for low tier fucked up characters, lol. Wang, Rolex, both ogres

Maybe the biggest wang strenght is (in my opinion), he is still an old school poker. He has no power ranger dashes like Lars, nor infinite-long fluid tricky strings like Kazamas, Hwoarang or Leo, nor crazy evasion such as Ling-Miharu. That means you NEED to know your character a lot to make things work properly. Anyone can easily pick a Mishima or a Bob and brainlessly win spamming shit, but beating the crap out someone using low tier characters, that worth a lot to me.

In other words, I add a little more dificulty to my game by using this kind of characters, it makes me enjoy the game a little more. Even though sometimes I complain about how nerfed my characters are, lol.
Signature You ask me if I have a god complex? Let me tell you something... I AM GOD.
[Ogre] [AncientOgre] : Main
: Secondary team
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
@ tyrax exactly.

@sandi i see what you are saying and you're right. also this probably wasn't the thread to make a post like that and i apologize. i just think its really difficult to put a 10 ten to wang since most of his moves come with a big Achilles heel whereas a lot of other characters dont. and they are pretty glaring weaknesses don't get me wrong i love the old man, i have the notation for his DF tattooed on my fucking right arm and i will probably always main him but i think its important to understand his limitations. with that being said i think tyrax put together a great top ten its pretty much identical to mine.

so to keep this post on topic here is my top ten.

1.2,3 great to create space and an awesome poke.
2. b1 nuff said.
3. wm nuff said.
4.df4(1) another great poke you can play keep out and you can create space. pretty versatile.
5.ff2 someone else said it best, it's a ranged magic four.
6.b3(4) hits grounded. great on wake up.
7.BnA Yup.
8.b2(1) -3 on block allows for great side stepping and its also NC. the 1+2 ender on CH nets a combo.
9.FC df2 space creator, safe, wall splats.
10. SS1+2 hella plus frames son.

Honorable mention
ss3 at the wall is a monster
all of his lows are pretty awesome being that none of them are launch punishable except BnA. there are definitely still uses for db3 just not as many, unfortunately.
im also liking his ff 3,4 decent wiff punisher NC only problem is it can get ducked and launched like a motherfuck.
numotd
Shihan
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
tried testing wang's db+1 parry window...it doesn't seem to exist anymore. Can anyone confirm if db+1 still parries?
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by numotd
tried testing wang's db+1 parry window...it doesn't seem to exist anymore. Can anyone confirm if db+1 still parries?

It doesn't parry. I could of sworn I used it to parry in T6 as well, but when I tried a few months back I couldn't get it to work :-/. As far as I know, the only sabaki he has is WS+1+2 or b+1+2
JFK[satZ]
Sage
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
To all the people who says that Wang is probably one of the worst characters in the game. I have to say that I disagree and will provide a wall of text to support it. But first some corrections.

d/b+3 was never i13 in T6 (how can you even think that?) it did 13 dmg and was 18~19 frames fast. They changed the move to Tag2. It was probably his best move, so they felt it needed a nerf considering that Alisas d/b+3 really needed a nerf (you know both being able to avoid hopkicks sometimes is not so much fun). So they changed the move all together and instead we got a bad situational low. i24, 21 dmg and +2 on hit. So they made it so slow that it can be seeable on reaction if you have the experience, but they beefed the damage and gave it enough frame advantage on hit that jabs can't beat your WS+4. One of the bigger nerfs with this move is that it leaves you FC (can't move as much as you would like on hit). So see of it more like you got a "new" move that is very situational (and yes it is a nerf).

The second thing I like to address is a mentality that often shows up on TZ regarding characters that aren't "mainstream". It happens all to often that the sub characters forums for these characters that some of the players (and mostly they are always the most loudly ones in each forum) have a tendency to claim that their "weird" character is bad. You don't have to agree with me on this one, it is just one of my many observations. One of the reasons is that some people like to create an image for themselves that is based on what kind of character/characters they play. So they choose one of the more "unique" ones in effort to distinguish themselves as more unique (it is easier to get recognition if you play a character that few play compared to compete with all the lars/bruce/leo/mainstream/etc charcters). We have from time to time read posts that Player A is fed up with the weaknesses of Charater X and then states that they know/feel that they would have preformed much better if they played Mainstream Character Y instead. Often they come back and states that that is the case (comparing ofc with only a handful of online games and they have ever reached a higher rank (because these players never go to tournaments, so online is all they compare about)). So my advice is be careful of down mouthing any character in a forum. Just ask for help in what that character can do in certain situations.

Ok, Wang:

Me as a player had Wang as one of my mains in T6 (the other was King) but I also played a bunch of other characters (like more than half the cast). I had before the game got released read the frame data nerfs etc so I was prepared that he would be changed. The biggest nerf he got was d/b+3 like I said above, but for me I didn't like the nerf on his d/f+4 (frame data on block and hit), that d+2 doesn't hit grounded, d/f+1 isn't an anti SWR move any more. Then he got what everyone got a big nerf on his basic 4 (which is a legit nerf for everyone).
Some of the buffs he got is that b+3 is is pick-up tool and hits grounded. So now he gets consistent combos from get up kicks etc. CH f,f+2 is a launcher which is a nice thing. His hopkick does have poor range but it does 27 dmg as a starter. Which is REALLY high so he gets above average juggle damage with and without TA.
Ok, but some of these moves are good just because they fit the engine of Tag2. The strongest one being his b+1 parry which you will probably agree on. He can Tag from d+1+2, d/f+2,1 and d/b+4,2 which is good for killing red life. His d/b+2,4,1 is a really good ender at the walls for beefy damage and his f,f+3,4~5 travels really far and lets you change characters.

So when it comes to the nerfs vs buffs the nerfs struck harder, I agree with that. But considering the game engine for Tag2 I feel that he is slightly stronger in this game (Bruce is another example of a character that got nerfed but is better in this game).

Poking: Yes, he can't poke as much any more. That is he can't spam 4, 4 (that is fishing for magic 4 efter a 4 due to insanely fast recovery even though it was -3) or d/f+4 to another d/f+4 on block (again only -4 on block and really fast recovery). Because he doesn't have a basc d/f+1 and a 1,2 string his poking will always be different. One of the more positive facts are that just because he doesn't have a 1,2 he has to rely on f+1 a lot. Which in turn makes it hard for the opponent to try to hit back because of frame advantage and the risk of eating CH 1,1,2. We also have to use d+3 instead of d/b+3 now and yes it has shorter reach but I have never had mine miss due to a backdash of my opponent. So it will have its uses and it is i14 which is really nice. So even though the poking got nerf he has several situational moves that really helps him from being predictable.

SS+1+2: Is one of the better moves to do if you get a KND and is fairly close to your opponent. Gives you +12 false advantage on block. On hit the pushback is so big that you will probably lose any momentum.

SS+4: Against people rushing in to catch a CH for a full juggle.

d/b+1+2 or backdash~d/b+1+2 (much better): Is nice against opponents who pressure you with jab strings.

b+1+2: Your punch sabaki to keep opponent in check when he gets predictable. On sabaki you get a free d/f+1+2.

u/f+1+2 or qcf~u/f+1+2: This move is nice during long distance KND and when you try to get in. Some people duck when they see the qcf notion if you do your WM too often from it. But it is best used during KND because on block it gives you +7.

These are just some of the situational moves that came up. His standing punishment is ass and have always been that way. But he has a nice backdash, great throws (WM with my team Wang/Bruce does 123 dmg without walls), really nice CH game and great whiff punishment. So he is more a situational poking character but has more tricks which keeps it harder for your opponent to play his game. I feel that Wang often can dictate the rules of the game when I play. I don't have to adapt as often as my opponent.

Sorry for a wall of text. You can move it if you feels it doesn't belong here.

My top 10:

1. f+1
2. WM
3. qcf+2
4. d+3
5. b+2,[1]
6. f,f+2
7. f,f+4 (can't be parried/reversed)
8. u/f+4
9. BnA
10. 1,1,2

/ JFK
Signature Embrace the satZ within.
y2kooij
7th Dan
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
well... im simply not seeing any evidence in what you wrote supporting your claim against our opinion that wang is one of the worst chars in game... you essentially gave us a handful of his moves and put them in the perfect scenario which is not realistic... you gonna have to do a little better than that bro...
JFK[satZ]
Sage
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Eh ok.

1. Great backdash.
2. His normal throws are better than average and his WM does the most damage in the game.
3. Above average juggle dmg and almost every launcher except u/f+4, CH 4 and CH f,f+2 is tag-bufferable.
4. Great CH game.
5. Nice whiff punishment with DF, f+2,2, f+1+2, and d+1+2 for long recovery whiffs etc.
6. Nice wall game which nets really high damage. CH 1,1,2_DF etc. 120+ with TA against the wall.
7. One of the best basic 1's in the entire game.
8. Has a parry, reversal, punch sabaki, absorb move (WS+1+2) and a move that evades that is now safe on block (d/b+1+2). No other in the entire cast has all those defensive options.
9. Nice FC game.
10. Great travel distance.
11. d/b+2,4,1 is a really nice ender at the wall after TA. Like all strings that makes it so that the whole thing is guaranteed if the first one hits.
12. Several different types of lows which makes his poking so much harder to defend against (different timings).
13. Has WR 3, SS+1+2 and u/f+1+2 for mids which gives great frame advantage on block.

So basically if you can't make it so that your opponent is scared to press buttons you are playing him wrong.

The bad?
1. Standing punishment
2. Bad sidestep/sidewalk
3. Mostly this is something nice (due to his backdash) but his stance makes it so that his front left foot is easy to hit. Which in turn makes it really easy for JC to do wardrums (4~2<1).

What I wish for?

1. Make f+2,2 i14 and longer reach (so it punishes Heihachis f,f+2 every single time like Ganryus).
2. Change d/b+3 or give him another low. Would like a normal low poke which gives +1 on hit that doesn't high crush.
3. Make d+2 hit grounded again.

Simpler?

/ JFK
Signature Embrace the satZ within.
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
A lot of the stuff you mentioned is mundane things that pretty much every character in the cast has. A lot of that stuff is overlooked because it's considered bare minimum of a character. Of course WM and his parry are the only things that stand out. Wang is fun to play, but I play in a tournament level, so punch sabakis and stuff like d,b+1+2 is so damn situational its borderline useless for the risk / reward. It looks good on paper, but attempting to use that type of stuff against a professional player is borderline suicide.

His CH game has got nothing on a steve b+2, or a Lars b+1. They can spam that until it hits and then just carry on. He has a magic 4 but again, that's almost considered normal. JC, Bruce, Lee, Jinpachi and so on all have that tool and then some.

Yes he does have decent juggle damage, I would honestly consider it around average, but the problem here is that you won't get as many launches as most other characters. Aside from from a magic 4 (which doesn't give him a whole lot of damage without TA ) you might land a hopkick, or a lucky d,f+2,1 if your opponent over extends themselves. You also gotta be on the ball for that d,f+2,1. It's not like throwing out Laws, Leos, Alisas, Drags, Heihachis, Jinpachis d,f+2. You can't hit confirm that, and if you are wrong, you are launched for a shit ton of damage. If he had a generic d,f palm strike or something like Ganryus, that would be awesome.

We all know his punishment sucks, and his whiff punishment again is pretty much basic in comparison to every other character. Any character can launch off of a good whiff punishment, and the majority of the cast a lot easier than Wang. Like it was mentioned earlier in the thread, when you list Wangs top 10 moves, each one comes with a problem, sometimes overshadowing the move itself. Wang is still considered a poking character, with below average pokes and damage. Everytime I go in with him I take the risk of being crushed / hopkicked all the time. I consider poking characters to be at the bottom of the chain in TTT2 anyway. It sucks working hard, guessing right, then getting hopkicked, or crush launched and to lose more health than your opponent for putting in more work. It's another reason why Alisa is ranked so low, but I still feel she has much better shit than Wang does.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Nice, some conversation here. I like a lot of points a lot of people wrote. I agree most on Vargas' last post. I don't agree with the FC part of your earlier post though Vargas. It IS awesome. You can apply so much pressure from it. Doesn't matter that you don't get instant high damage, it's not how Wang's designed to get his damage.

While on his FC game: Imo people are completely overlooking the usefulness of ws222. I use this a lot. It helps Wang in his FC pressure, adds variety and you can stop after 2 hits for another threat from crouch. Yes, it's -10~11 on block but I never (ever) get punished for it because of the threat of the last 2. People choose to wait and block low, Lp or hopkick. It's all in our favour. And if they do try to punish (without lowcrushing) you get a nice CH (ws22)2 for a full b3 pickup juggle. I also punish -15 with ws22 most of the time. Especially on rage it hurts and again, puts you in his FC and with plusframes.

Btw, db1+2 safe? I didn't get that memo. Great!

@JFK: I was thinking the exact same thing on f22 being i14. More reach would be great as well. I don't get why NB hasn't done that. It would boost Wang's punishment but not by much. I'd also like the old db3 back, nothing broken there. I don't specifically need d2 hitting grounded again (wouldn't mind either of course), but I would like more ground hitting moves. Something like Jinpachi's ff3 or ff4 property wise.
And while on moves/properties: why the hell doesn't uf3+4 track at all? It should be usable as a close techrollcatch.
Signature s3:
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
Nice, some conversation here. I like a lot of points a lot of people wrote. I agree most on Vargas' last post. I don't agree with the FC part of your earlier post though Vargas. It IS awesome. You can apply so much pressure from it. Doesn't matter that you don't get instant high damage, it's not how Wang's designed to get his damage.

While on his FC game: Imo people are completely overlooking the usefulness of ws222. I use this a lot. It helps Wang in his FC pressure, adds variety and you can stop after 2 hits for another threat from crouch. Yes, it's -10~11 on block but I never (ever) get punished for it because of the threat of the last 2. People choose to wait and block low, Lp or hopkick. It's all in our favour. And if they do try to punish (without lowcrushing) you get a nice CH (ws22)2 for a full b3 pickup juggle. I also punish -15 with ws22 most of the time. Especially on rage it hurts and again, puts you in his FC and with plusframes.

Btw, db1+2 safe? I didn't get that memo. Great!

@JFK: I was thinking the exact same thing on f22 being i14. More reach would be great as well. I don't get why NB hasn't done that. It would boost Wang's punishment but not by much. I'd also like the old db3 back, nothing broken there. I don't specifically need d2 hitting grounded again (wouldn't mind either of course), but I would like more ground hitting moves. Something like Jinpachi's ff3 or ff4 property wise.
And while on moves/properties: why the hell doesn't uf3+4 track at all? It should be usable as a close techrollcatch.

I understand what you are saying Sandi. You can WS+2,2 and force that FC game, you can then go with FC d,f+4 and choose not to finish it and once again force yet another FC mixup game. Again though, we are not talking about good damage here.

If we take Jinpachi for instance, since I know you play him as well, his FC game is superior in my opinion. He has two WS launchers, he has WS+4,4 which no one punishes because they are waiting for the 1 finish ( similar to WS+2,2,2 ). He has FC d,f+1 for a good low poke, which can grant an oki situation on CH. He also has pretty much the same move as Wang in terms of FC d,f+2 which has great range, is safe, and wallsplats. Of course though he also has WS+1,1 for some good juggle damage, and of course WS+2 for some major damage. No one talks about Jinpachis crouch game though, I guess they just assume that's pretty standard, people just talk about his d,f+2. You compare just Jinpachi to Wang, and suddenly Wangs crouch game doesn't seem very good, and that's unfortunate because that is what most people say is his strong point in the game.
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
JP has no low threat from FC, if you just backdash, the worst thing you can get hit by is one fc df+1 and then you are out. Hardly comparable.
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap