Page Splits 123>...5
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Daihuu
6th Dan
XBL: TWH Dai
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I find it kinda weird Wang never had a top 10 move list (I just checked the T6 forums :3) So you fellow Wangers, what are the top 10 moves that Wang has, and why?
Signature

Kuni.Jr
Rogermitsu
Kugimitsu.Jr?
GosTanMan
Deity
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Daihuu
I find it kinda weird Wang never had a top 10 move list (I just checked the T6 forums :3) So you fellow Wangers, what are the top 10 moves that Wang has, and why?

Thats because Wang has more than 10 solid moves...
Daihuu
6th Dan
XBL: TWH Dai
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by GosTanMan
That's because Wang has more than 10 solid moves...

Then name them, it'll help the new Wang players out by making their lives a little bit easier.
Signature

Kuni.Jr
Rogermitsu
Kugimitsu.Jr?
Cornwallace
Champion
PSN: Cornwillis
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Hard to say, Wang has a lot of useful moves but none that are really 'amazing'.

My list (in no particular order) would probably be something along the lines of:
B+1 (the 1 followup is just amazing)
FC d/f+4,3
DF
SS+1+2
d/f+3
ff+2
ff+1+2
Magic 4
d/b+3
Jabs/Hopkicks are always useful, but Wang's versions of both are pretty weak when compared to other characters.

Honourable mentions:
- b+2,1,1+2 - Great string that will earn you a lot of SS mixups/CH launchers if you delay the last hit every once in a while. Isn't great against really experienced players as you can get ducked/launched on the second hit.
- d/f+4,1 - Safe double mid, feels great to throw out a few d/f+4's and then chuck a 1 on the end just to be annoying. Being -9 on block and very linear keep this from my list.
- His new u/f+3 feels really strong, but I haven't fiddled around with it enough to pass judgement. FC mixups off a safe, tracking, low crushing mid with a CH DOS followup? Yes please!

My list will probably be completely different to another Wang player's, but these are the ones I find the most useful.
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
There wasn't one in BR? Wow, never realised that.

-ff2 Even though it doesn't give plusframes on block anymore (-2) it's fast and launches on CH. It's pretty damaging making it a good filler in juggles as well.
-uf3 Absolutely one of my favorite moves. Safe homing lowcrushing mid that puts Wang in crouch to start his dangerous crouchgame. The 1 followup is pretty unsafe (-13) but catches opponents who want to retaliate for a CH (escapable) juggle. It is kinda slow on startup and can be floated when interrupted.
-b3 Also one of my favorites. Pretty fast safe mid that hits grounded, picks up flinchers for a relaunch and b34 is HC for nice damage or even wallsplat. Tracks somewhat decent as well.
-4 i12 CH launcher. Even now that it's less safe on block (-9 I believe?) it's still great.
-WM Throw into launch for big damage. Throw input can be hidden in different of ways with the most obvious option from his qcf motion.
-b1 Wang's best defensive tool. He can parry just about everything in the game with this and his different options to retaliate, including a tagbufferable launcher for parrying slower moves.
-112 I think 112 deserves his spot in the top 10. Drag has 121 which is considered as one of his top 3 moves. This is essentially the same. NCc i10 tool to stop pitbulls.
-f14 far reaching jab. Wangs only (or best) option from i10 - i14. He can't live without.
-df4 i12 mid poke. An important tool in Wang's poking game.
-d1+2/df21 I found it hard to decide what is his last top 10 move for me. I chose his NH taglaunchers because they lead to so much damage. d1+2 is used as a whiff punisher, df21 as a -16 punishment tool. To give an idea of the damage, Wan/Jpa do 105 dmg from Wang df21

I found this list harder to make then for my other characters. Seems to me Wang has less go-to moves and more moves you use in specific situations. Stuff like ss1+2 is great but designed for such specific situations that I can't put it down as top 10.
In that perspective some honourable mentions:
-df3. Damaging low poke with good distance and loads of plusframes on CH. Not in my top 10 because it's superlinear and kinda slow.
-ss1+2/ss3 This mixup shines at the wall.
-ws11 i13 ws punsiher that wallsplats.
-FC,df43 low option in his crouchgame and takes a good chunk of damage. Reason why it's not in his top 10 is it's unsafeness.
-d3 i14 superfast low. Also good for interrupting pitbulls, posiibly with d34 if you're feeling naughty or confident. It has just about no reach trhough.
-b21,1+2 I feel I need to metnion this because I use (parts of) this string in so many occasions.

Last edited by sandilord on Oct 5th, 2012 at 08:39

Signature s3:
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
PSN: VargasTheSick
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
All good moves listed above. However I didn't see any mention of Wangs f+3 ! Tracks, wall splats, decent damage, and safe. It is in my opinion one of the best tracking moves in the game.

Previous post mentioned his hopkick, but it is definitely a top 10 move. Aside from his magic 4, or b+1 ~ 3, it's his only quick frame launcher off of most punishes. In fact it may be the only launcher you hit with Wang in a lot of his games. They made the range on his hopkick better for TTT2, so I figure that is worth mentioning.

And finally, Wangs qcf+2. How can you have a list of top 10 moves and not include his death fist. In certain ranges or raw tags it is his best punisher, especially with rage. On CH it does roughly 64 dmg I believe, as much as some lower end juggles. Finally, incorporated into juggles and TA's, it is the main ending for the majority of his combos.
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
Cornwallace
Champion
PSN: Cornwillis
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Can't believe I forgot WM, one of the strongest throws in the game, add it to my list!
N-StradAT9
HumanSpellChecker
PSN: mog mog
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
No order
b+2,1 - mid, high. Good poke, plenty safe on block and keeps you on offense when it hits. Second hit can be ducked if they block the first but it's difficult for the opponent to time this and punish correctly. On rare occasions can toss out the 3rd 1+2 hit and people will typically eat it if they've been trained enough that you're only doing the first 2.

1,1,2 - Good on CH, don't finish otherwise of course. But 1,1 gives +4 on any connect and appears to jail, haven't confirmed.

f+3 - My preferred tracking move, f,f+4 feels too slow although i believe the frames are similar. Has that type of hitbox that plays keepaway on an attacking opponent, good property to have. You're on defense if they block though so be prepared.

b+3,4 - Good for fishing CH's. b+3 has a deceptively large hitbox. Gets even better with walls in the mix. You're on defense if you finish the string and they block though.

d+1+2 - Best whiff punisher if you have the time for it. Don't use otherwise.

u/f+3,1 - Low crush, Mainly just for the u/f+3 and the FC stuff you can follow-up with. The FC here can get you out of the -7 on block too.

qcf+2 - High speed whiff punishing. Quite unsafe when blocked but unless your opponent knows the frames they likely won't punish this correctly.

FC d/f+4,3 - FC business. Even if they block the d/f+4 no one will punish it since they're expecting the 3 and wouldn't be able to interrupt it.

Waning Moon - It's a good throw

d+3 - My preferred high crush. d/b+3 and d+4 are fine too, take your pick.

The other good stuff:
SS+1+2 - Are they near a wall and can't backdash? TAME THEIR HORSE. You're not guaranteed anything on block, but even good players get nailed here frequently. If they're wise enough to continue blocking after the first, feel free to keep doing it.
qcf+3,2 / ws+3,2 - Don't know the frames offhand but holy crap does this do a lot of damage. Appears safe due to pushback.
u/f+4 - i use this a lot but it's also quite frustrating. If the range on this wasn't so damn stubby it might be one of the best hopkicks there is. As is though, Wang's hitbox can do odd things here, it's like he shrinks during the move.
b+1 stuff - Generally pretty awesome just don't get carried away. And don't do with back to wall of course.
1+2 - Standard mid, again don't know frames offhand but i'm fairly certain it's safe. Is wang at advantage here maybe?
f,f+2 - Good pressure. i didn't play much T6 so i'm not in tune with this being an effective advantage tool.

The garbage:
d/b+1 - Worst move in tekken. Hey i really need to duckjab right now! Oh wait what is wang doing? Oh i'm eating a full CH juggle? COOL MAN. Take this move out of the game plz.

All that and i still feel like i missed a lot of his good stuff.
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by N-StradAT9
No order
b+2,1 - mid, high. Good poke, plenty safe on block and keeps you on offense when it hits. Second hit can be ducked if they block the first but it's difficult for the opponent to time this and punish correctly. On rare occasions can toss out the 3rd 1+2 hit and people will typically eat it if they've been trained enough that you're only doing the first 2.

1,1,2 - Good on CH, don't finish otherwise of course. But 1,1 gives +4 on any connect and appears to jail, haven't confirmed.

f+3 - My preferred tracking move, f,f+4 feels too slow although i believe the frames are similar. Has that type of hitbox that plays keepaway on an attacking opponent, good property to have. You're on defense if they block though so be prepared.

b+3,4 - Good for fishing CH's. b+3 has a deceptively large hitbox. Gets even better with walls in the mix. You're on defense if you finish the string and they block though.

d+1+2 - Best whiff punisher if you have the time for it. Don't use otherwise.

u/f+3,1 - Low crush, Mainly just for the u/f+3 and the FC stuff you can follow-up with. The FC here can get you out of the -7 on block too.

qcf+2 - High speed whiff punishing. Quite unsafe when blocked but unless your opponent knows the frames they likely won't punish this correctly.

FC d/f+4,3 - FC business. Even if they block the d/f+4 no one will punish it since they're expecting the 3 and wouldn't be able to interrupt it.

Waning Moon - It's a good throw

d+3 - My preferred high crush. d/b+3 and d+4 are fine too, take your pick.

The other good stuff:
SS+1+2 - Are they near a wall and can't backdash? TAME THEIR HORSE. You're not guaranteed anything on block, but even good players get nailed here frequently. If they're wise enough to continue blocking after the first, feel free to keep doing it.
qcf+3,2 / ws+3,2 - Don't know the frames offhand but holy crap does this do a lot of damage. Appears safe due to pushback.
u/f+4 - i use this a lot but it's also quite frustrating. If the range on this wasn't so damn stubby it might be one of the best hopkicks there is. As is though, Wang's hitbox can do odd things here, it's like he shrinks during the move.
b+1 stuff - Generally pretty awesome just don't get carried away. And don't do with back to wall of course.
1+2 - Standard mid, again don't know frames offhand but i'm fairly certain it's safe. Is wang at advantage here maybe?
f,f+2 - Good pressure. i didn't play much T6 so i'm not in tune with this being an effective advantage tool.

The garbage:
d/b+1 - Worst move in tekken. Hey i really need to duckjab right now! Oh wait what is wang doing? Oh i'm eating a full CH juggle? COOL MAN. Take this move out of the game plz.

All that and i still feel like i missed a lot of his good stuff.

Just thought I would note, Wangs d/b+1 is a sabaki ( spelling ? ). Meaning that it actually parries a punch and then hit's back. So if timed right it's very deadly. Not to mention if it hits, you get a guaranteed d,f+2,1 which leads to one of the most damage juggles in the game if it hits. I think I can net around 110 damage off of it when combining the damage from d,b+1. So IF... that move hits, it's extremely deadly.

edit - I went into training just to see how much damage. With just Wang I can do 121 pretty easily, with Jinpachi as Tag Assault 131. So yea.... if it hits you you are kinda screwed lol. Still, not easy to hit with.
N-StradAT9
HumanSpellChecker
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Ah, i think i remember that from T5 now that you mention it, i thought the parry effect move was b+1+2. Haha you'll have to forgive me though as i can count the amount of times i've seen that parry effect happen on zero hands.
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
PSN: Jordyce
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
No order

Good players will duck the second hit and ws punish you. Not a poke you can throw out. This isn't 5.0.

It does jail.

IIRC, f+3, u/f+3 and ff+4 are all about 19~20f speed. ff+4 you obviously just need to buffer the ff.

It's natural combo, hit confirmable. No need to fish for CH.

Launch punishable on blocking the first hit and duck the second as it doesn't jail.

Ah, i think i remember that from T5 now that you mention it, i thought the parry effect move was b+1+2. Haha you'll have to forgive me though as i can count the amount of times i've seen that parry effect happen on zero hands.

b+1+2, d/b+1, ws+1+2 and b+1 all have some form of parrying effect.

Last edited by Jordyce on Oct 12th, 2012 at 13:06

Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
N-StradAT9
HumanSpellChecker
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Only Wang frame data i saw online covering that move, i don't have the game or guide around at the moment: http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/wang-ttt2-frame-data/

-6 on block of the 3, -8 on block of the 2. Assuming that's correct of course. Unless you meant punishable if they duck the 2, which you don't necessarily have to do on block.
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
PSN: Jordyce
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
First of all, don't trust the ATP frame data, it's from an older build and is rife with inaccuracy.

And yes, you have to duck the 2 in ws+3,2 to launch it. It does have the benefit of being NC though. Doesn't matter unless you know it'll hit though, a smart player will ws punish your b+2,1 and launch punish your ws/qcf+3,2. You'll get away with it once, if that. Rarely worth the risk.
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
Brahma
Bottom Tier Hero
PSN: BrahmaDDT
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Wait you can't escape d/b+1 stun anymore?!
Signature Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

[sdtekken.com]
poking starter
Champion
PSN: -
XBL: -
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
1.jab f+1 or f1,1
2.u/f3 my most favorite move it's very annoying your opponent ,rarely use second hit I prefer u/f3 to ws1+2,backdash if they attack after uf/3 on block
3.b1 longer parry window made this move better
4.warning moon
5.d+3 it's tracking and fast ,this move become more important after he lose his old d/b3
6.d/f4
7.ff+2 if they block and try to interrupt with jab ,d1+2 will crush
8.d/f3
9.magic 4
10. b3,4 track left ,hit confirm ,average speed and now I use cc b3,4 instead of ws3,2 for fc mixup
Signature -
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Brahma
Wait you can't escape d/b+1 stun anymore?!

Yea you can still break it on stun, however I remember you couldn't break it if it actually parried the attack. Oddly enough I tried to do this, and I can't parry anything with the move, maybe a glitch ? I attempted to parry Heihachis 1,1,2 or even Wangs 1,1,2, no deal. Also tried to parry a crouching 1, or some mid hits and no dice. I remember it parrying high attacks but maybe it's broken :-/.
y2kooij
7th Dan
PSN: makehp150
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
vargas ur thinking of b1+2 or maybe w/s 1+2 .... d/b +1 doesnt parry or intercept attacks
Signature i go hard in the paint
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Nah I know it parries as well. I am almost tempted to put T6 and record it but I am not punishing my poor PS3 with that. Even in the animation of the move you see him circle his arm around as to catch an incoming punch.
tyrax
Expert
PSN: RealTyraxTK
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Dead topic for kind of a long time

This would be my top ten:
-b+3_b+3,4 = wallsplat, safe, mid starter, fast, hit grounded
-ff+2 = pressure tool, CH safe fast launcher, plus frames on block
-d+3 = poking tool, FC mix ups
-d+4 = nice poke, you can complete d+4,1 if you note it's a CH. NCc tag bufferable launcher.
-d+2 = very nice poke, spikes, FC mix ups, mid, safe.
-uf+3 = nice poke, FC mix ups, mid, safe.
-b+2_b+2,1 = NC, fast, mid-high string, very safe
-qcf+2 = the main reason I love the old man.
-FC df+3,4 = NC, nice low string
-FC df+2 = wallsplat, safe, fast

Honorable mention for:
-d+1+2 = unsafe, but tag bufferable fast high crushing launcher
-b+1 = I should be using this more often, but find it hard to use so far
-magic 4 = huge damage for a safe 11f CH launcher xD
Signature You ask me if I have a god complex? Let me tell you something... I AM GOD.
[Ogre] [AncientOgre] : Main
: Secondary team
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Dead topic for kind of a long time

This would be my top ten:
-b+3_b+3,4 = wallsplat, safe, mid starter, fast, hit grounded
-ff+2 = pressure tool, CH safe fast launcher, plus frames on block
-d+3 = poking tool, FC mix ups
-d+4 = nice poke, you can complete d+4,1 if you note it's a CH. NCc tag bufferable launcher.
-d+2 = very nice poke, spikes, FC mix ups, mid, safe.
-uf+3 = nice poke, FC mix ups, mid, safe.
-b+2_b+2,1 = NC, fast, mid-high string, very safe
-qcf+2 = the main reason I love the old man.
-FC df+3,4 = NC, nice low string
-FC df+2 = wallsplat, safe, fast

Honorable mention for:
-d+1+2 = unsafe, but tag bufferable fast high crushing launcher
-b+1 = I should be using this more often, but find it hard to use so far
-magic 4 = huge damage for a safe 11f CH launcher xD

hey homeboy your right this thread has been dead for a while lol. your top ten is great but if you dont mind i would like to criticize it, constructively of course. i like where you are going and i like to think that this is how i played wang for a long time (at least three years) judging by your top ten it seems like you enjoy a riskier wang which is great..... except for when it doesn't work.

b3_b34 is great execpt b34 is easily duck-able on block. now this move is definitely hit confirmable but hit confirming moves takes a SHIT TON of practice i been playing tekken for a minute now and i still fuck up b34 on the regular.

ff2 is amazing however in tag two it's not plus on block i believe it's minus 2(people who play me a lot throw a magic four after i ff2 and catch me pressing buttons all the time). also, it's high and if you are throwing it a lot, good opponents will scout it, i promise.

d3 is great in peoples faces however it has some really shitty range. d34 gives plus on block but people with wang exp. WILL duck the 4(high) and launch your ass for throwing it out. super risky.

d4 is my go to low in tag 2(i miss the fuck outta t6 db3). especially with the d4,4 and d4,2 extension but you have to really condition your opponent for this mix up to work. also d4,4 is minus 9 on hit(i believe) however it gives some good push back and you can usually interrupt attacks with BnA or just chill back and you are still safe.

d2 is another great move but it's a little hard to use as a poke(at least for me) because of its slow start up frames. also wangs full crouch game is really good against the wall but not nearly as good in the open imo, this is due to BnA being launch punishable and his hopkick being -13 and his ws11 being -12. so all are risky for you to throw out.

uf3 is awesome but be careful because the 1 extension is punishable also the range on uf3 is kind of shitty.plus, i find that you really have to predict when your opponent is going to side step otherwise more ofter than not you will get floated.

b2_b21 is my go to 'come in' string but recently i started playing a guy who can duck the one and launch. so again just be careful.

qcf+2 = the main reason I love the old man. even though its a way shittier version of pauls DF, wangs qcf2 is my motherfucking jam. havent met a person yet who can punish it consistently (although im sure such a person exists)

BnA is great low but its launch punishable and kind of telegraphed because you have to be in fc to do it.

fc df2 is my go to full crouch mid mixup but i have been launched a fuck ton for it because A: its slightly telegraphed (have to be in full crouch) and B: takes a little bit to come out.

i hope my post helps you out. but you need to do what ever grants you the win. just be aware of these things and im sure you will be good. with wang, you really need to know when to pressure and when to back the fuck off. imo he's really good at both but it's up to the player to decide how to use him. but i feel you, i think i play wang a little bit more aggressively than i should and a lot of times it costs me matches even when i know i can be equally effective when i lay back. also b1 is the fucking shit(if used correctly) and is probably his number one move because if you take b1 away from him he wouldn't even be a viable character. one more thing i know this post is hella long, but you should read up on the one and only wang guide its really fucking awesome and learn to use WM.

and df4 is that shit.