Page Splits <1234>...6
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
PSN: Shottanuhmis
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
I have no idea how to fight and punish this guy currently. His wavedash maneuvers seem to make me whiff. I am not sure the frame of all his moves. He also hits like a train. I just find him strange versus the rest of the cast.
Signature Yuh know fi mek a ras clot dumpling?
Kiss mi granny mi know fi do it!
LAWZ-Mike
Fujin
PSN: LAWZ-Mike
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
d+3 is free after f+3 NH. testing it on different wakeup options and the cpu can't roll or tech the d+3. dunno if this has been founded yet.
Signature OHH SHIT, LAWZ-MIKE!!
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EndTimes
I have no idea how to fight and punish this guy currently. His wavedash maneuvers seem to make me whiff. I am not sure the frame of all his moves. He also hits like a train. I just find him strange versus the rest of the cast.

Are you talking about Jinpachi? Because the Jinpachi I know doesn't have a wavedash...

The easiest way to break Jinpachi is to turtle up, he has some ok pokes, but you should play by my rule of "if it doesn't know you down, you (not Jinpachi) are at positive frames." Let him do his incredible punishable strings and punish accordingly, then when they start playing more defensively, just kill him with small frame advantage. Jinpachi's a pretty big character, so his defensive maneuverability (save back AP) is terrible.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
123arskas
4th Dan
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
After analyzing Sandilord's Accurate FrameDATA i made these small Poking Strings
(i) fff 3 ; d2,1 ; df 1,1 ; 1 ; d2,1; f4
(ii) uf 3,4 ; df 1,1
(iii) uf 3,4 ; d1
(iv) CHG 2 ; df 1,1 ; 1 ; df 1,1 ; d2,1
LAWZ-Mike
Fujin
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
84dmg 12frame punisher...test it out if you want.

b+1,2 followed by a free f+3+4, 1.

only was able to get out of the AP 1 through tag quick roll, which means the b+1,2 can be backrolled

Last edited by LAWZ-Mike on Nov 6th, 2012 at 04:43

VargasTheSick
Tekken God
PSN: VargasTheSick
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LAWZ-Mike

only was able to get out of the AP 1 through tag quick roll.

I posted this in the Q and A section. If you get hit by b+1,2 you can just tech roll backwards and escape it, if not, then yea you eat it AP 1.
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
Opponents roll back almost 100% of the time...
Signature s3:
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#28 “Quote” Edit Post

what!!! thats awesome. im sure you probably gotta condition them to not back roll first though.

anyone know if there is anything guaranteed after uf4?
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
There's no way to condition them, backrolling is always safe. After uf4 the same rules apply but with f1+4.
Signature s3:
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
PSN: OffInBed
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh wow! It's funny that all these back roll set ups are popping up, because I got one too!

When my opponents back roll, I usually go for a running 3. If timed right, the running 3 is guaranteed. If they back roll after getting hit by running 3, then you do another running 3 lolollolo

If they don't back roll, you get a free d+3.

I never thought to use it after b+1,2 though. THANKS MIKE!!!

As a feng player, I am REALLY happy with Pachi. Feng is one of those characters that have it easy when it comes to chasing people down and preventing them from getting up on oki game. The way I think about Oki, PERFECTLY works for pachi.

Also, when your opponent is conditioned to stay down, might as well go for u/b+1,2 FLY over them.

If they try to get up kick, they will get CH, if they stay down, you'll FLY right over them and not even get punished for it lol.

Don't do this at the wall btw
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

Tekken Chicken Facebook page: Facebook.com/TekkenChicken

#BUFFLARS
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
There's no way to condition them, backrolling is always safe.

is you trolling me?!?
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Just use d+2,1, d/b+2,1, no fuss no muss and mega range
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
LAWZ-Mike
Fujin
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
haha, you beat me to it. d+2,1 is too good. By that time they will be so low on life, they'll want to tagcrash or raw tag. df+4 or d+2,1 is so good to use during this situation.

I want to play you offinbed one day, I think we have similar playstyles
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by WangIsKhan
is you trolling me?!?
What? No! What I meant is that your opponent can always safely quickbackroll after b12 or uf4. If they do that you recover too slow to be able to get in and apply backroll tactics. By the time you're able to move, they're practically back on their feet at least half a screen away.

I use d21, db21 as backrollcatch as well. I use it a lot but can't remember in which situation I do it atm... Provides somewhat of an oki situation afterwards and if they stay down for d2, the delayed 1 might hit them grounded (if BIG), moving or even CH launch for a getupkick.

On the subject of BIGS: that's what I really hate playing Jinpachi. EVERYTHING hits you while being grounded. At the wall against Yoshi he can just f1+2 (hope that's the right notation, that B! move where he dashes in a bit) all day until you get up with the odds in his favor.

Last edited by sandilord on Nov 7th, 2012 at 10:53

Signature s3:
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
What? No! What I meant is that your opponent can always safely quickbackroll after b12 or uf4. If they do that you recover too slow to be able to get in and apply backroll tactics. By the time you're able to move, they're practically back on their feet at least half a screen away.

Well, I haven't tested it with b+1,2 yet, but I'm telling you, a well timed running 3 is guaranteed after back roll.

Running 3 is becoming one of my fave attacks now with oki.
Signature Mobile Frame Data app and media Center AVAILABLE IN ANDROID MARKET!!Tekken Chicken: A mobile Frame data app made for the community, BY the community!

#BUFFLARS
Bopper
Iron Fist God
PSN: MAGUNITO
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
I seriously doubt that. As far as i know, no character in the game can catch quick backroll after moves that allow it. (jp b+1,2, a lot of WR3īs, steve WR2 etc.)
Signature Brrrrrrrrrrrap
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
I can't wait to test this stuff. I agree with Bopper, though. I can't remember specifically if I was catching running 3s on quick back rollers or people who get knocked down, then decide to roll back. Gotta pay more attention.

#BUFFLARS
sph|nx
Virtuoso
PSN: oo-sphinx-oo
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
I think based on the frame data, it seems hard to frame trap people well with Pachiface, but his crush moves seems so awesome. Plus his punishers are so good, so what kind of playstyle do you think this makes for?
Manipulable
1st Dan
PSN: lol
XBL: al end u m8
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sph|nx
I think based on the frame data, it seems hard to frame trap people well with Pachiface, but his crush moves seems so awesome. Plus his punishers are so good, so what kind of playstyle do you think this makes for?

I dunno about playstyles, but i just block then punish loads lolol.
Signature THE GODZ (X360)

I heard a hater calling me a liar, I took him to the laundromat and shoved him in a dryer.
OffInBed
TEKKEN CHICKEN
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
I have something for you guys!

1,b+2

they block it

Back dash once and do d/f+2

It magically hits anyone who even attempts to do anything. That second hit has some REALLY good push back!

Oh yea!!

And also try this:

f+3

they block it.

Side WALK right.

If they attack, you get behind them, then do f+2,1,1+2 then d+3 for a guaranteed 89 dmg.

#BUFFLARS