Good Tag Partners for Hwoarang?

Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
mechingnome
Kyu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
My main is Hwoarang and I want to try some of the less commonly used (not seen much or never seen in youtube vids) charcters for my Main's tag partner.

Teams I want to try:

Hwoarang/ Miguel
Hwoarang/ Asuka

Those two are the two characters I enjoy playing other than my main. Would those two teams work to well? I've never seen good players using them as partners and use the big tag juggles. I have no way to check this out until next week when I'll be buying my Tekken Tag 2 for PS3 (have something important before then XD) and I was wondering how you guys think about this? o.o

Last edited by mechingnome on Oct 1st, 2012 at 02:31

rollsroyce
Kyu
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Baek, Miguel or Jin.
LockDeltz
Expert
PSN: LockDeltz
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Why not Anna?
3L1
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
It depends if you want to use him on point or anchor. I find he's good for both depending on how you use him.

I like to have a solid, poking character on point and a mixup heavy, lots of dmg real quick character on anchor. So that'd be like:

Hwo/Bob
Hwo/Leo
Hwo/Lars
or
Jin/Hwo
Mishimas/Hwo
Steve/Hwo
Miguel/Hwo

You get what I mean. play around with it. Having someone with similar movement and useful filler strings for combos helps too.
mechingnome
Kyu
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I just wanted to try a team with Hwoarang that's not as common. I've seen enough Baeks, Mishimas, Jin/DVJ, BOB (Only Mdj but hehe), and a few Jaycees. I know how to play some of them (not very good though) and I'm probably gonna practice them more to work with my main when I get TT2 but I wanted to try something not as common.

It looks like Hwo/Miguel or Miguel/Hwo isn't bad, but according to you guys Asuka as a partner isn't too good, or people haven't tried her with Hwo XD. Damn that HwoAsuka couple would looko nice together LOL. Still gonna try her out though O.O
JFK[satZ]
Sage
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
I play Hwo/Leo and I really recommend it.

/ JFK
Signature Embrace the satZ within.
3L1
PSN: TKM_3L1
XBL: Threeli
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by mechingnome
I just wanted to try a team with Hwoarang that's not as common. I've seen enough Baeks, Mishimas, Jin/DVJ, BOB (Only Mdj but hehe), and a few Jaycees. I know how to play some of them (not very good though) and I'm probably gonna practice them more to work with my main when I get TT2 but I wanted to try something not as common.

It looks like Hwo/Miguel or Miguel/Hwo isn't bad, but according to you guys Asuka as a partner isn't too good, or people haven't tried her with Hwo XD. Damn that HwoAsuka couple would looko nice together LOL. Still gonna try her out though O.O

Honestly, having a cohesive team really helps but it isn't a dealbreaker. Smart play > team dynamics

I'm having a team crisis myself. Switching between
Jin/Hwo - Overall solid play. Hwo comes in with rage to get damage & fill combos.
Hwo/Leo - Hwo plays solid & leo fills in with combo dmg, wall carry, and general wall juice
Hwo/Bob - Hwo plays the same role as above but then I get bob with rage

mechingnome
Kyu
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I see. When I thought of Hwoarang & Asuka, I thought they could also work out as Hwoarang tends to play offensively while Asuka is more defensive. Plus, it seemed that Hwoarang has hard time going against defensive characters like Asuka as Knee's Hwoarang could do nothing again his opponent's Asuka in the Tekken Busters game (Season 1 Episode 6 i believe, Knee went with DVJ/Hwo at the time).

But then, I only got REALLY into T6 few months ago so I probably don't realize exactly what each of the characters do that might make them work well together in TT2. Another question though. What partners do you guys use for Hwoarang other than the common ones ( Baeks, Mishimas, Jin/DVJ)? Looks like Leo and Bob isn't a bad choice either.

Damn it, just a few more days and I can finally get to play this damn game T.T
Insane Axes
Berserker
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Started using him with Lee today
Inboardlucas
5th Dan
XBL: inboardlucas
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Hwo/Steve is my main team and its been pretty successful so far.
Signature My T6 hwoarang combos. Part 1 Part 2
SSJ-Luffy
Destroyer
PSN: SSJ-Luffy
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Going with D-Jin+Hwo, the rage relation sucks, lol.
Signature Touhou addicted Tekken player.
TTT2 Mains: +
Subs: , , Leo, Ling, Angel, D-Jin
KuruptNightmare
4th Dan
XBL: KuruptNightmare
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been using Forest on point and Hwo anchor. It's been working fairly well.
Signature It Is better to be a failure at something you love, than a success at something you hate
Rykendawg
5th Dan
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Who would be a better partner for hwo, jin or kazuya?
DanielPhoenix
Iron Fist God
PSN: DanielPhoenix
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
i think kazuya is a better partner, but still jin is not bad either so mess with the 2 of em so you can decide, and the reason i think kaz is a better partner for hwo is cuz kazuya has some tools that hwo doesnt have like a ws launcher or a 14 frames punish launcher ( kinda hard with kazuya though) plus out of kaz ewgf you get a nasty combo everytime with hwo as his partner. good wall carry, crazy damage, and come on is a mishima.

im using mainly Hwoarang/bryan, and Hwoarang Steve as a second option... i kinda like bruce too though so idk about later.

i think those 3 teams are real effective

bry cuz his game by himself is just too good, and if he is out in rage, they have to be scared of his real damaging moves mid, lows, CH., plus he has good ws game and a 14 frames launch punisher and hwo doesnt.

stv: well stv doesnt have a 14 f launcher but those two together are crazy, the enemy can be real confuse plus hwoarang with better long range whiff punisher can starts combos and then steve can close the deal doing crazy damage, plus steve by himself is hard to make him whiff and they are gonna be always scared of his CH, is a fun / hard to use/ effective couple

and bruce: damn bruce is a machine his CH game is crazy and that range where he has to be is real good plus his DAMAGE plus hwo DAMAGE the combos are just too crazy, easy to wall carry and land almost always combos that are like 125+ damage... that is scary, some times is even better to do combos that take red life and still gonna be 100+ and u will leave them with no rage/ tag crash and keep the offense, ( great against happy reversals chars)
Signature "To Hell With Circumstances; I Create Opportunities"
---- Youtube Channel ---- "No retreat No surrender"----
JFSR~5
CaCarmen
Iron Fist God
PSN: cacacarmen
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Honestly, Hwoarang helps pretty much any team, I don't know if he has any bad partners...

I've been running Capos and Hwo since the game came out, the combos are around the same as double capos, wall carry is very good, ws1,3 tagged into Hwo with tag assault is over life, Eddy can play spacing better than Hwo, whereas Hwo has a pressure game that Eddy doesn't have, so its a nice team.

I also did Hwo and Lei but, combos aren't great.
Signature "老外的LEI很烦人了"
"还是换人吧"
"你心中怨念深重,怒火冲天门。导致你铁拳技能急速下降"
"我早就说过,你换几个普通角色你就发现你也很弱。。 "
"卡波拉门"
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Hwo/AK is decent. Both complement each other in terms of general playstyle (AK is a good poker and punisher and so is Hwo), and AK has good combo fillers which can knock people the flip away for some wall combos. I can't give you combos to complement my statement, as I only played as them once (I play as both individually so I know what's up haha).
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
shisui
1st Dan
PSN: shisui_D_problem
XBL: fuk da box yo
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
im tryin drag/hwo wt do u guys think of them??
Signature spam grab+ ankle bite= WIN a spammer is not a bum the bum is da nigga who losses to the spammer proud leader of the villans
RSS
Destroyer
PSN: L1GHTN1NGBOLT23
XBL: (PC) LIGHTNINGBOLT23
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
I suggest Baek, Bryan, Jin and Law. Law is a very good partner for Hwo, you get every juggle at 90+DMG for Forest and Hwo, I recommend him more than Bryan and Jin. Maybe not Baek, since Baek's pressure game is more handy than Law's trickery in most of my matches I get.
Signature Hwo, Law, Bryan, Kaz, Ogre. Currently maining Paul.

Pad: 16 years ----> Stick: 6 months
Odysseus2
Kyu
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
I like Miguel, his SAV stance at TA work well with Hwo's short combos, although you could probably get one that does higher damage. Main reason though is Miguel's a badass I always choose the characters I like the most.
Signature You know where you are? This is Iron Fist!
Yeah, yeah. Shut up already.

Commandoo
Champion
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm going to stick up for the baek players and say baek.. Nashi02 plays them like a god, incredible to watch.. There just fun to play all round
Signature Hwo newbie ownage!!!

+