Zafina's top 10 moves.

Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Tekken FTW
2nd Dan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
So Zafina has gotten better in this game, what do you guys feel is her most staple/useful moves in TTT2? (Don't forget to provide reasons as to why you selected it as your top.)
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
PSN: Melee_Sovereign
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
No particular order:

- f,f+4: Fast, safe homing move that wall splats and has good range. Not much more to say.

- d/f+2: Your standard 16f d/f+2 launcher. Except I think this has one of the most, if not, the most range of any d/f+2, and it crushes a lot, if not all highs. Great for whiff punishing, especially if you know how to use Zafina's back dash really well.

- ws 2: Crushes highs and even some mids really well! Is -14, but you have the option to roll back. The roll back is a lot unsafer, but your opponent still has to guess if you're gonna do that. And it's taggable.

- ws 1,2: Doesn't crush as good as ws 2(may not crush at all), but is only -13 and is quicker. Also taggable.

- d+3: Great low poke that crushes really well and only -13. Many options after landing this! Arguably seeable though.

- d/b+2: Great poke and it's a great defense move if people are pitbulling you(or is it called bulldogging?).

- d/f+1: Not as good as most d/f+1 as it's -5. But it's still probably her best standing mid poke, since she doesn't really have any good ones. I find that I use this move regularly; as much as any of these other moves I listed in the top ten. There's some pretty good follow ups on hit too. And she has a string out of this move, though unsafe.... still good to through out on occasion.

- 1+2(and it's follow up): Probably her main counter hit hunter. And this move just got a whole lot better as ws 1,2, which is taggable, is guaranteed after this! So that basically makes 1+2 a taggable CH launcher. It's -12, but you can mix it up with 1+2,4 and will still be able to juggle! Though you'll lose the ws 1,2 opportunity. But hey... 1+2,4 is only -10! Safer than 1+2, though not much more. Also a bound move, so it has another separate use.

- f,f+3+4: Covers a lot of distance, wall splats, hits grounded. Is -11, but I think going into MNT right after this goes under jab punish attempts. So that's a nice mix that makes it a little safer.

- SCR 1+2: One of my personal favorites; Great move on block, on hit, and on CH! Very low risk if you're using this in the right situations. And it is quite a situational move, but still very good. On block, you get a lot of +frames and many options after it. It's probably the main reason why anyone uses this move, yet on CH, it's VERY rewarding! ws 1,2 connects on CH, and it did since T6! In T6 you can get 89 dmg off of it, but now since ws 1,2, I can get combos that are as damaging as 111! And on NH, it's pretty good.

Honerable mentions:

- SCR d/f+4: Good to alternate between this and SCR 1+2. It's a lot quicker than SCR d/f+3 and a lot less risky. Pretty good advantage on hit, and some guaranteed follow ups on CH.

- b+1+2: Though launch-punishable on block, and not much advantage on hit, it has a lot of range and goes under practically everything. So most of the time this is thrown out, it's probably going to be a successful hit anyway. Great way to end the match if your opponent is low on health. People never see it coming.

- b+1: Almost as good as 1+2. Since it doesn't have that mix up like 1+2,4, it's basically more unsafe. ws 1,2 also connects after this hits CH. Since CH b+1 does 2 points less damage than CH 1+2, the combo for it will also be less damage.

- FC d/f+3: Good, quick pretty rewarding low on hit. Even though launch punishable, still very useful.

- d+1,1: Also like d/b+2; great for when people are in your face. Punishable on block though.

- f,f+3: Neutral on block. Juggle on CH. Though I kind wish this gave +frames on block, but since it doesn't, it's only an honorable mention.

There's a lot of honorable mentions I can think of.

Last edited by Melee_Sovereign on Oct 4th, 2012 at 22:11

Signature ♪ Zafina fina bo bina, banana nana fo fina ♪

Julia Gulia, idk.....
farmboyfan
2nd Dan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Melee_Sovereign
No particular order:

- f,f+4: Fast, safe homing move that wall splats and has good range. Not much more to say.

- d/f+2: Your standard 16f d/f+2 launcher. Except I think this has one of the most, if not, the most range of any d/f+2, and it crushes a lot, if not all highs. Great for whiff punishing, especially if you know how to use Zafina's back dash really well.

- ws 2: Crushes highs and even some mids really well! Is -14, but you have the option to roll back. The roll back is a lot unsafer, but your opponent still has to guess if you're gonna do that. And it's taggable.

- ws 1,2: Doesn't crush as good as ws 2(may not crush at all), but is only -13 and is quicker. Also taggable.

- d+3: Great low poke that crushes really well and only -13. Many options after landing this! Arguably seeable though.

- d/b+2: Great poke and it's a great defense move if people are pitbulling you(or is it called bulldogging?).

- d/f+1: Not as good as most d/f+1 as it's -5. But it's still probably her best standing mid poke, since she doesn't really have any good ones. I find that I use this move regularly; as much as any of these other moves I listed in the top ten. There's some pretty good follow ups on hit too. And she has a string out of this move, though unsafe.... still good to through out on occasion.

- 1+2(and it's follow up): Probably her main counter hit hunter. And this move just got a whole lot better as ws 1,2, which is taggable, is guaranteed after this! So that basically makes 1+2 a taggable CH launcher. It's -12, but you can mix it up with 1+2,4 and will still be able to juggle! Though you'll lose the ws 1,2 opportunity. But hey... 1+2,4 is only -10! Safer than 1+2, though not much more. Also a bound move, so it has another separate use.

- f,f+3+4: Covers a lot of distance, wall splats, hits grounded. Is -11, but I think going into MNT right after this goes under jab punish attempts. So that's a nice mix that makes it a little safer.

- SCR 1+2: One of my personal favorites; Great move on block, on hit, and on CH! Very low risk if you're using this in the right situations. And it is quite a situational move, but still very good. On block, you get a lot of +frames and many options after it. It's probably the main reason why anyone uses this move, yet on CH, it's VERY rewarding! ws 1,2 connects on CH, and it did since T6! In T6 you can get 89 dmg off of it, but now since ws 1,2, I can get combos that are as damaging as 111! And on NH, it's pretty good.

Honerable mentions:

- SCR d/f+4: Good to alternate between this and SCR 1+2. It's a lot quicker than SCR d/f+3 and a lot less risky. Pretty good advantage on hit, and some guaranteed follow ups on CH.

- b+1+2: Though launch-punishable on block, and not much advantage on hit, it has a lot of range and goes under practically everything. So most of the time this is thrown out, it's probably going to be a successful hit anyway. Great way to end the match if your opponent is low on health. People never see it coming.

- b+1: Almost as good as 1+2. Since it doesn't have that mix up like 1+2,4, it's basically more unsafe. ws 1,2 also connects after this hits CH. Since CH b+1 does 2 points less damage than CH 1+2, the combo for it will also be less damage.

- FC d/f+3: Good, quick pretty rewarding low on hit. Even though launch punishable, still very useful.

- d+1,1: Also like d/b+2; great for when people are in your face. Punishable on block though.

- f,f+3: Neutral on block. Juggle on CH. Though I kind wish this gave +frames on block, but since it doesn't, it's only an honorable mention.

There's a lot of honorable mentions I can think of.

Hi,

I'd like to add 1,3~b to the list. fast 2-hit for pressure. decent recov.

the df+1 is also a habit of mine. I that'd be one of THE essential moves to be a habit. If on a frame adv, df+1,2 has decent damage.

on your b+1+2, yes it's quite amusing that people don't see it coming. I would always catch my friends off-guard on this
S-square
7th Dan
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Most of the top 10 moves are actually listed above, but I shall give a different perspective. I used to play zafina mainly with the mindgames (my reaction was a little slow), but recently I moved on to actually abuse whiffs by crushing them or backdashing, so this is the arsenal I use nowadays.

1) b+1: This move has a very under-estimated range. It crushes some highes if I am not wrong and it can reach 2-3 characters worth of range and comes out really quickly. I use this normally after back-dashing and crush ppl's attempts to poke me. The pushback on block for it also ensures that some people cant really punish you much after it (I think most generic 1,2's cant reach you)

2) d/b+2: Good to throw out if people pitbull you a lot as mentioned above, it can also be set up since I think it crushes highs too. I use this after 1,3~b and it gets quite a lot of people, sometimes even d/f+1 on block (but this is more risky). On CH you even get a small poke follow up or b+3 if people choose to lie there.

3) d/f+3, 4 or ~b: Another move that covers a good range of 2-3 characters, I use it mainly for i14 punishments or whiff punishments and d/f+3~b for a poke (not very useful). I sometimes just use d/f+3 to punish then stay in SCR and have some fun. SCR d/f+4 is one of my fav options, 1+2 would whiff if ppl backdash.

4) d+3: Okay this does not have much range but dang does this crush shit. It crushes highs, some mids, even hopkicks. What more can I ask for? I just run up to people and either do this or d/f+1. Tracks from 1 side too. The mixups from this is sick though, ws4 (uninterruptable, unless its jin or wang IIRC), ff+1+2 for a grab, ff+3~b for pressure (0 frames on block, juggle on CH), cc d+3 for pressure and many more. One of my favs to use after training people to block a ws4 is u/f+1, which on block allows for a d/f+2 launch if they try to punish you with 1,2s. On CH allows for a follow up (how many hits depend on if you go into MNT or not).

5) ff+3~b: Another one of my fav move. 0 frames on block, Good damage and +frames on NH, Juggle on CH, a mid move, the ff motion lines you up with sidestepping opponents (unless they do so at the last sec). This also acts as a spike ender for a juggle (without ~b) to stay in SCR to do SCR 1+2 to dmg opps who just stay down or give you +6 frame on block if they do get up and block it, you can also do SCR d/f+4 to mix it up. This move is very versatile so use it as you deem fit.

6) b+1+2: This baby has a hell a lot of range, 3 characters IIRC, goes under a lot of things and sometimes on block at max range people can't really punish you with much. I would actually consider this a good low poke as most people do not expect it at all, you should use it mostly at max range only. A scrub way of playing would be to use d/f+1 and on hit use this till people are wary of it, then mix it up with d/f+2.

7) ff+4: As mentioned above. Good range, tracks, safe and wallsplats.

8) 1,3(~b): I normally use this as a i10 punisher, but I stay in SCR most of the time. This allows me to do some irritating mixups since im on +frame. Most ppl would d+1 you to try and poke you out of it though, but SCR 4 crushes that IIRC. I use the ~b when I use it as a poke. Good way of going into SCR.

9) 1+2: This really does catch a lot of ppl for CH and the juggle after aint bad at all. It also covers quite a good range and B!. Very useful move. I sometimes finish up the whole string (once in a blue moon since people do know that it can be interrupted before you do the last 4.) and if you hit them only on the last 4, you can follow up with d+4,3 to tag zafina out or fling them to a nearby wall for more damage.

10) ff+3+4: Oh how I love this move, I use it a lot to cover distances or to catch people who are getting up. Going into MNT seems to be the better option if I am not wrong since it is only -9(?) if you do and you can block in MNT.

I know there are some essential moves that aren't covered, but I left them out cause melee did a good job covering them above .

Some honorary mentions:

- u/f+1: Good frames on block, d/f+2 on block seems to crush most attempts of retaliation.

- f+4: Catching side steppers from 1 side and allows for a follow up on hit. Good to throw out once in awhile.

- ff+1+2 grab: This grapple is quite useful since it allows for mixups after.

- ff+2: Tracks, +frame on block, good damage on hit, good range .
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I forgot to mention d/b+4,2. Her new d+3 pretty much makes d/b+4 obsolete. But one good thing about d/b+4 is if it hits, and your opponent tries to attack afterwards, but you're really going for a d/b+4,2, the 2 will hit and you'll get a quite a good juggle. And of course, this move is also a really good CH launcher.

I would almost put this in the top 10, had it not have been for her d+3. This was definitely top 10 in T6.

Julia Gulia, idk.....
D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
XBL: D3TROITR3D 2K
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
1. 3...One of her best moves to use in neutral. Leaves you at -1 on block and sets up plenty of SCR games.

2. b+1+2...eventhough it is still very unsafe at range it is one of the better pokes in the game...the round ender.

3. d+3...quick and relatively safe it sets up her WS games.

4. df1, 2...poke or punish...your choice.

5. f2, 3, 4...you will be suprised how many people get hit by the 4. -18 with lots of pushback.

6. WS1, 2...I actually use this move too much...it seems safe, is a launcher and sets up some nasty combos. It also can get you out of sticky situations.

7. df3, 4...punisher...remarkably safe and can be used from any distance...can fish for counter hits also.

8. uf_u+1+2...weird move, seems safe

9. ff+3+4...double mid...long range...stance transition game...safe?

10. ANY MOVE THAT IS A TRANSITION MOVE
Signature There's nothing to see here...
sinjin
Valar Morghulis
PSN: sinjin313
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by D3TROITR3D 2K
7. df3, 4...punisher...remarkably safe and can be used from any distance...can fish for counter hits also.

This move is not safe at all. Most characters can take 85 points plus of red bar health if you spam this move rather than using it solely as a punisher. 2nd hit is easily ducked and punished
Signature [Kuni]
Taokaka Meow
Warrior
PSN: Taokaka_Meow
XBL: Taokaka Meow
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
3. d+3...quick and relatively safe it sets up her WS games.

5. f2, 3, 4...you will be suprised how many people get hit by the 4. -18 with lots of pushback.

6. WS1, 2...I actually use this move too much...it seems safe, is a launcher and sets up some nasty combos. It also can get you out of sticky situations.

d+3 is -13 if I'm not mistaken. Meaning, not safe.

f+2,3,4 2nd hit can be ducked and launched and even if you block the last, it still is -18.

ws1,2 is -14 and can be interrupted.

Not saying that d+3 or w1,2 shouldn't be in somebody's top 10. Just pointing out that they are not safe.
Also I wouldn't recommend to anyone to make to much use of f+2,3,4.
Signature
"Words of a loser are meaningless"
D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sinjin
This move is not safe at all. Most characters can take 85 points plus of red bar health if you spam this move rather than using it solely as a punisher. 2nd hit is easily ducked and punished

-6 on block is not safe at all? I must play too much SC5. I clearly noted that I use it as a punisher, but you can fish for CH's with it. Being able to avoid the 4 is the bummer.
D3TROITR3D 2K
5th Dan
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Taokaka Meow
d+3 is -13 if I'm not mistaken. Meaning, not safe.

f+2,3,4 2nd hit can be ducked and launched and even if you block the last, it still is -18.

Not saying that d+3 or w1,2 shouldn't be in somebody's top 10. Just pointing out that they are not safe.
Also I wouldn't recommend to anyone to make to much use of f+2,3,4.

Its the nit-pickyness is why I will usually lurk. Everyone will play thier Zaf different which is the essence of a character who utilizes stances and transitions. 2 out of 3 of those moves you picked were in everyone elses top ten... Have you ever noticed the pushback you get on f+2, 3, 4 which almost negates the disadvantage? Zafina has always been a bad framed character, so there is nothing new there...
Taokaka Meow
Warrior
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Its the nit-pickyness is why I will usually lurk. Everyone will play thier Zaf different which is the essence of a character who utilizes stances and transitions. 2 out of 3 of those moves you picked were in everyone elses top ten... Have you ever noticed the pushback you get on f+2, 3, 4 which almost negates the disadvantage? Zafina has always been a bad framed character, so there is nothing new there...

d/f+3,4 is not safe at all because you can duck it!
And have you ever noticed that I only stated that those moves are not safe?
"Not saying that d+3 or w1,2 shouldn't be in somebody's top 10."
I know that it has pushback, still the fact remains that you can duck the 2nd hit and decent people who know Zafi in the slightest will duck d/f+3,4 and f+2,3 and launch you!
And that you already play a "bad framed" char doesn't mean that you even have to help your opponent to beat you because you're using launch punishable moves in the wrong situations.
Signature
Melee_Sovereign
Iron Fist God
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
1. 3...One of her best moves to use in neutral. Leaves you at -1 on block and sets up plenty of SCR games.

Uhh... I don't think that's such a good idea. Pretty sure anything can be interrupted after that move is blocked.

4. df1, 2...poke or punish...your choice.

And you might wanna be careful with this move. It went from -11 to -15. The third hit from this string(it self -14) will stop punishment attempt and will be a pretty good reward, which helps a little in it's practicality, but this string isn't what it use to be. I'd advise using it more scarcely.

This is the ONLY nerf of Zafina that I think actually hurts her.

Originally posted by Taokaka Meow

It's only -13 now. Thank goodness.

Last edited by Melee_Sovereign on Oct 7th, 2012 at 06:16

Julia Gulia, idk.....
DrBhup666
Iron Fist God
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
This is a very educational thread! Especially for Zafina newbies like me

Speaking of great moves, what is her quickest move that high crush besides a regular crouch-jab?
I'm doing ff3~b and I'm 0 on block. My opponent is always trying to mash jabs afterwards, or sometimes even df1. Instead of me trading jabs with him, I wanna crush him in the best possible way.

Right now I'm doing db2 or b1+2 which will win over most of his options but the reward isn't too damaging. At what frames does b1 start crushing highs? On CH it gives a great juggle, so I wanna use it more.

Any other suggestions?

Also, Taokaka, what are your top 10 and why? Share your wisdom...
Signature When I die, I wanna go peacefully in my sleep, just like my grandfather did. Not kicking and screaming, like the passengers in his car.

JFK[satZ]
Sage
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666

Speaking of great moves, what is her quickest move that high crush besides a regular crouch-jab?
I'm doing ff3~b and I'm 0 on block. My opponent is always trying to mash jabs afterwards, or sometimes even df1. Instead of me trading jabs with him, I wanna crush him in the best possible way.

Right now I'm doing db2 or b1+2 which will win over most of his options but the reward isn't too damaging. At what frames does b1 start crushing highs? On CH it gives a great juggle, so I wanna use it more.

Any other suggestions?

Do f,f+3 and stay in SCR and if he throws out jabs just do SCR 4 that high crushes and launches him.

High risk/high reward, but he will feel like a fool for having patterns that you exploit.
/ JFK
Signature Embrace the satZ within.
S-square
7th Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by DrBhup666

Any other suggestions?

Why not just duck and ws2 them? Hahah. Being at 0 frame would mean that you can prob do it quite quickly, and IIRC ws2 crushes even some mid moves. If you want something even faster do ws1,2. If you can cfm a counter hit why not d/b+4,2? Hahha good damage and crushes high.
Taokaka Meow
Warrior
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
my top 10 in no particular order:

-1,3(~b): awesome i10 punisher that leads into SCR

-d/f+1,(2): nice poke and i13 punisher. if I get d/f+1,2 on block, I might follow up with a delayed 1 to teach my opponent some respect for that move. also if you get CH (d/f+1,2),1 close to a wall, you'll get wall combo.

-d/f+2: i16 punisher and a good whiff punisher as it some nice range. it also crushes highs.

-d+3: her new amazing low. teach your opponent some respect and show them that you've got ws 4 guaranteed if they try anything, then you can start the ws mixup.

-f,f+3~b: 0 on block, juggle on ch.

-f,f+4: homing move, decent range, wall splat.

-1+2: I use this to fish for CH. It's also pretty nice for grounded opponents it will hit them if they try to roll in any direction and does some decent damage.

-d/b+2: good against pitbulls with nice followup options on CH, tracks in one direction.

-MNT 3: well I love MNT mixups I think the frames are okay on hit as well. though I might be mistaken with that. Juggles on CH.

-MNT 2,1,4: MNT mixups. it also wall splats.

-ws2: my favorite ws move. you can roll back to make it harder for your opponent to punish you and it's a tagable launcher as well.
Signature
*NAKM*
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: xX-NAKM-Xx
XBL: XBL is for queefs!
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
F, F+4

1+2 (4)

B+1+2

D/F+2

D/F+3, 4

SCR 1+2

F, F+2

D/B+2

B+1

SS 1+2
Signature - "My unblockable sweep? U mad bro?"
leonized
War Lord
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
let me divide mine into 3 sections, top 10 is a bit lackluster to me

I. Offense

in order:

1. 1 - my main move in setting up her offense, +1 on block, i10... everyone has it, but to zafina (who's got a bit of crappish frame data) it means a lot.

2.df 1 (2,1) -i13 punisher for df1,2, offers mind games for the whole string, monster in wall tags; main mid poke, and probably her best, if it hits = mix ups, if its block (sad its -5 when most got -1) I either throw a high crush, ss or just block if they started throwing out hopkicks (yum, since most hopkicks are no -13 on block, yay df1,2)

3. ff4 - fave move since br, her fastest tracking move, wall splats safe, and a good way to get to the opponent.

4. ff3+4 -covers massive distance, i think same as the fly stance of ogre/alisa. Great way to approach a turtle has a build in mix up since if you transition to mnt, and the opponent punish (ff3+4 is -11 on block, means most punishers, if not all, is high), thats a free red life to you with mnt df2

5. d3 - the move that changed zafina's life, she had a hard time with her lows since they're not that good, beside those inside her stances. has a mix up on hit, very fast, high crush sometimes mid, (it crushed nina and asuka's df2 in some of my battles)

6. ff2 her dashing move that offers +1 frames on block, great whiff punisher due to range, wall splat and knd on hit. fast, though its high. but its a great way to set up your offense, not abusable though, but really good. in tt2 most zaf players forgot this move, well, i don't

7. uf1, same with ff2 +1 on block though faster execution and startup, wall splats and knd on counter hit, offers great frame advantage on normal hit (+7), if it launches on counterhit, zafina might rise up the tier list, being high is the only downfall of this move, but aside from that its perfect.

8. ff1+2 one of the grabs in the game that offers the best oki set ups

9. scr1+2 +6-+8 on block, knd on nh, painful red life killer on counterhit, downfall: needs to be in scr (her most vulnerable stance) and it lacks range

10. ff3, neutral on block, launches on ch, +5-+6 frames on hit

II. Defense

in order again
1.duck jab, the best for all characters

2. ws2 her best crushing move since t6.0, it goes under highs and a hell lot of mids. has mix ups for anti punishing a red life killer, brilliant.

3. df2 high crushing 16f punisher, good to throw out of ss and high galore characters (great against predictable electrics)

4. d1 (1) - her fastest defensive move, crushes highs (idk if some mids though) very fast, and VERY delayable, though punishable, d1 by itself is 12f punisher, launch punishable on block though, but with the delay mix ups, i doubt you'll get launched, you will if they guess correctly though. KND on second hit

5. b1+2 - her best momentum stopper, i only throw this when im really pitbulled hard, goes under almost everything.

6. db2 - this one is really unique, since it can also be used as an offensive poke, but it will stop your momentum when block since its -8 to -9 on block. high crush ( and a bit of mids) gives you a massive amounts of set ups when counter, since it gives a really weird knd and it'll be hard for the opponents to stand up.

7. 1+2(4) gosh, who doesnt love this move, safety put aside, its a really good move, its has very good range, very good speed and is a very good red life killer on counter hit, it also acts as a whiff punisher

8.b1 high crush, red life killer on ch, a frame on hit , sweet.

9. db4,2 - yes the whole string, its a waste to throw out db4 only since you got b1+2 for defense and d3 for offense (can also be used for defense), its great to use once again on high type of spammers, don't use it though against ewgf spammers. i love this move against bob and steve

10. df1+2 yet again a high crush move that launches (crushes even some mids) -10 on block, but for what its worth its good, it's slow so it risk you eating a ch, but imo you can use it smartly and receive its rewards

III. set up strings and honorable mentions

in order
1. 213(-d) and df4,1(-d) cancels, 213 cancel is really good since it goes to mnt which has a built in high (some mids) crush property, you can keep the opponent on their tip toes whether your throwing out the 3 or transitioning ( be wary of low moves though, it'll shut down your set up) df4,1-d is a bit risky since your opponent can randomly hopkick, but you can train them not too by blocking and punishing, giving you yet again a mix up, good for setting up ws mix ups

2. trt 4 and d1+2 notice that the start up offers the very same kind of animation? it makes this two moves very lethal, well for d1+2 atleast, be wary again of low moves that can shut down trt

3. 1,3 the best way to enter scr and begin mix ups, its i10 punishers so your going to have a lot of fun in scr, just please teach the opponent to not touch you while in scr by doing some things, scr 4 crushes crouch jab and jabs, 3+4 crushes lows and is safe if you entered mnt, so do whatever your want just to keep them from touching you

4. mnt - the stance i can enter anytime anywhere, since its safe from transitioning out since zafina moves away, plus, you can block and has a good sidestep built in. very unsafe moves though, still good mix ups , ps. her better lows are inside this imo

5. ws1(2) her i15 ws punisher, made her finally good, it offers the same mix up and guessing game it has from br, ws 1 by itself is very fast and unpunishable due to human reaction time, coz their think if your gonna do the follow up of not.

6. her freaking punishers, duh
theend1114
3rd Dan
XBL: Jaymizz
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
Updated 1/21/2014
Ok ill do my top ten and then 3 from each stance.

1. d/f+1, 4/2 - Mid poke! df 1, 4 is better damage for punishing.

2. 1_1,3 ~b -Her main punish. If you cancel its safe jailing string. 1 by its self is also good for pressure

3. f,f+4 -This move is fantastic i18 (if i am not mistaken) full tracking, safe, knockdown. And i don't think anybody else mentioned this but it crushes lows!!!

4. f,f+3 -Pressure Pressure and More Pressure. Seriously this move is so good. +4 on block, CH launch, tracks a little.

5. d+3 -A great high crushing low thats +4 on hit so great for setting up more pressure. Guaranteed 4 as a frame trap

6. d/b+2 -Such A GOOD MOVE! its fast, safe, has great oki on counterhit, and tracks very well to one side.

7. d/f+2 - The high crush is everything lol. Plus it has tons of range.

8. ws 1,2 -This is actually hit confirm-able so you only have to use the second one if the first one hits. Its not easy to do but i suggest learning it.

9. FC d/b+4 - I just realized how important this poke is! Outside of her stances, this is like her 2nd or 3rd most important low. If you do the whole string and the opponent blocks the first one and trys to punish they have to use something i11 or faster. Otherwise it will launch.

10. 1+2 - Fantastic move. CH launch, tracks, hits very low (AOP & RLX), it also has a punish mix up, so the opponent has to guess if you are using the first one or the extension.

Scarecrow Top 3

SCR 1+2 -+6 on block, b+3 on hit, full juggle on CH. Sometimes I just go into SCR to do it.

SCR d/f+4 - This move is now 6 frames faster and tons of frames safer with +3 on hit.

SCR 2,2 - i14, its an acceptable option if your opponent keeps attacking after ff+3 on block, or 1,3 on hit. CH launch if you can bait it

Mantis Top 3

MNT d+3, 1 -Her only safe low in that stance at -9 on block. If you score a counter hit you can get tons of damage with another d+3, 1 followed by d+1, 4.

MNT 1 -A safe fast way out of mantis, i13

MNT d+4 or 3 -Reliable lows that are positive on hit. I personally like 3 better, but d+4 is quicker!

Tarantula Top 3

TRT 3 ~d - 3 is the fastest move but punishable on block because she stays in the stance. The ~d puts her in mantis (still punishable) so she has a better opportunity to block

TRT 1 -positive on hit, setting you up for 3. Her main low for mix up.

TRT 1+2 -Now this is good retaliation if you think your opponent is going to try and strike low. Its -13 on block but its a low crush and a bound.

Last edited by theend1114 on Jan 22nd, 2014 at 01:21

Signature "Just relax, you can do it!"
WeaponX
Iron Fist God
PSN: X_Copies
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by S-square
1) b+1: This move has a very under-estimated range. It crushes some highes if I am not wrong and it can reach 2-3 characters worth of range and comes out really quickly. I use this normally after back-dashing and crush ppl's attempts to poke me. The pushback on block for it also ensures that some people cant really punish you much after it (I think most generic 1,2's cant reach you)

This move definitely a major enhancement to her since it went from -15 to -10 on block. Good thing is that some jabs will wiff on it unless they're bob or other characters who can reach well with f1. Now we can definitely try to play her as a countering character now.