Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Mr. NO!
Deity
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
As per thread name, ask away!

I'll add the this post the most frequently asked questions:

What is AGF ?
"Animal God Fist". Performed by doing crouch dash+1: f n d df+1.

What is Rocket Stance (ROC) and Bobbin Dance Stance (BOB) ?
ROC is a stance you can perform by doing b+1+2 or 1,2,b+1+2.
BOB is done by doing b+3+4.

How do I do iws+3[3] in the bob1, iws+3[3] combos?
There are a couple of methods to do this:
1. cd~ws+3[3] if you're fast.
2. Tap df, then release and press 3[3]. This is the preferred method - less execution requirement. But you have to know when to release the df or else you may end up doing a standing 3 or a crouching 3 instead. Just practice with the timing and you'll get it easy!

// These 3 just from the top of my head while skimming through the threads.

Last edited by Mr. NO! on Oct 10th, 2012 at 12:14

Kilvoctu
Raijin
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Would like to know a good handful of moves to keep up the pressure against opponents, as well as what I can use at midrange to keep 'em away if needed.

Edit: Thank you, jiorio

Last edited by Kilvoctu on Oct 1st, 2012 at 20:24

Signature Mains - and
jiorio95
Don Frye
PSN: jiorio
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Good moves to keep up pressure:

1+2 - high, plus frames on block, and tracks well both ways. If they are jabbing afterwards then you can set up a i10 frame CH string. If they are trying to duck it, good, you hare set up with plenty of good mids.
2,1 - not 0 on block anymore but it is still a i10 high, mid string that is barely negative on block.
d/f+1>2 - i14 mid, mid string that is NC and delayable as well. Once you train them to respect the follow up 2 and/or respect how + on hit it is you can throw, go low, etc. The d/f+1 tracks fairly well to Roger's left.
d/f+4 - If you are thinking they are going to start to duck 1+2 or jabs then this is a good fast mid poke. It's a i12 mid that is a whopping +7 on hit. Easily steppable however.
1,2 - basic jab strings are good for pressure because of the options you have afterwards. 1,2>1 for a CH juggle, 1,2~ROC stance for a quick safe low or a + frame mid. Be careful with 1,2~ROC in open space, as you can push them too far away for the ROC stance quicker follow ups to hit.
Throws - Giant Swing/DDT is some of the best throw mix up you could possible want.
d+2 - Good low that goes under highs and is +3 on regular hit and +6 on CR. Opponent is forced to recover crouching but you are not. On regular hit they cannot beat a d/f+4 and if you see a CH spark then you know they cannot interrupt d/f+2 for a CH launcher. Versus characters with really good i13 WS punishers (Kaz, Dragunov,etc.) be careful as getting this blocked can hurt.

Good moves for mid range:
d+3+4_FC d/f+3+4 - Big range tail that goes under highs. Awesome range but punishable on block and slightly negative on hit. You need to space it so the tip of the tail hits so most characters won't be able to launch punish you for it. Not the best move to attack afterwards since you are negative but you can backdash or sidestep to bait whiffs or reset position. Since it is a tail, cannot be low parried.
d/f+3 - If you see them stepping a lot Roger has a homing move with his tail that is a mid. Good range and safe. The follow up is high, NC but cannot be hit confirmed and can be ducked and launched on block. You get + on hit that is a varies depending on what range the tail hit.
ff+2 - Mid, CH launcher. It can crush highes from certain ranges. Hold the second f to get a little more range on it. You want the tip of the move to hit which makes it a harder punish. It is -13 now but some characters can't punish it properly at max range. If you get a CH launcher you're getting over 100 damage.
*NAKM*
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: xX-NAKM-Xx
XBL: XBL is for queefs!
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm having trouble following up CH F, F+2 with iWS+3, [3]. Is there a trick to this? I've tried doing a standard F, F dash, didn't make it in time. Then I tried a Rolex's "wave dash" and stop in FC position, then quickly try to execute iWS+3, [3], still no luck. :-( Maybe I'm trying to input it too fast?
Signature - "My unblockable sweep? U mad bro?"
amphreded
Iron Fist God
PSN: amphreded
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I input cd+3>3. You needn't stop to get into FC, just cd+3 right away.
*NAKM*
Tekken Lord Black
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by amphreded
I input cd+3>3. You needn't stop to get into FC, just cd+3 right away.

So something like:

F, D, D/F~3, [3] ?
jiorio95
Don Frye
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes that should work. You don't have to dash as far as you might think, just do it quickly and you should get it to connect. Another option would be to dash 1+2, df1+2b!
*NAKM*
Tekken Lord Black
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jiorio95
Yes that should work. You don't have to dash as far as you might think, just do it quickly and you should get it to connect. Another option would be to dash 1+2, df1+2b!

Thanks. You were right about not having to be up close. WS 3, [3] has a bigger hitbox than I thought.
Gojira
Tekken Lord Black
PSN: Gojira_X
XBL: Gojiraaa
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
What are Alex's best high/low crush moves?
Signature ipclheaansgeesdtmoypstirgyfionrgstoomreeraedatshoins..
JeNNahFaah
Warrior
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi there, what's the best punish for a blocked get up 4, and a get up 3? I saw the frame data for this, it's only -12 on block for both moves. face up & feet towards (the way most people land after a juggle or knd). Looks like roger/alex only has f+2,1 for the get up 4, and ws+4 for the getup 3 to punish these. Will f+2,1 reach the blocked get up 4?

Any other suggestions here? Or did i get bad info on the frame data for the get ups?
Mr. NO!
Deity
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
@Gojira: just use d+2 for high crush. d+3+4 now and then is ok too. d+4 is alright but piss all damage.

@Jen: in my experience f+2,1 is not reliable to punish get-up 4's. There's also df+4 but in TTT2 I don't know... seems the reach on that move is nerfed too, so I've hardly been punishing them because they've whiffed so much for me. i'd say just use the advantage to do mixups for get-up 4's. get-up 3.. yeah, ws4 is good enough.
Signature Australia[Canberra]/Japan[Tokyo]
JeNNahFaah
Warrior
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
(1) After a bound juggle into a wall splat, is bob+1, f+4,3,2 guaranteed?

(2) Also, i can't seem to get this juggle off the wall:

f+1+2, 2 wall splat, u/f+3,3, 2nd wall splat ws+ 2,2. B!.

I've only gotten it to work when it's slightly on the side to the left. But when it's just straight, there's no time to get the ws+2,2 in, as it doesn't go into a 2nd wall splat.

What do you do to make this guaranteed everytime, and the opponent into a 2nd wall splat?

(3) what's guaranteed after ch ws, 3>3. I've just been doing u/f+3+4. Anything else guaranteed after that or setup instead? I've done u/f+3+4, and will do ws, 3>3 if they do a back roll.
Any advise on other stuff we can do?

(4) b,b+4, how many + frames do u get on block, and what's the tracking on this?
When would you use it, and how do u use it, as it's really slow to come out.
jiorio95
Don Frye
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
1. If the splat is high enough it all should be guaranteed, I haven't tested on every character though. So the small characters like Ling I can't confirm it works.
2. You need to ssl before the uf3,3
3. I believe they can tag crash out of all the follow ups, if they don't have tag crash the u/f3+4 and ROC 1+2 work.
4. +4 frames. Use the move when the opponent is waking up. It hits grounded and will track tech rollers both way so they are forced to block. Situation but good move.
JeNNahFaah
Warrior
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by jiorio95
1. If the splat is high enough it all should be guaranteed, I haven't tested on every character though. So the small characters like Ling I can't confirm it works.
2. You need to ssl before the uf3,3
3. I believe they can tag crash out of all the follow ups, if they don't have tag crash the u/f3+4 and ROC 1+2 work.
4. +4 frames. Use the move when the opponent is waking up. It hits grounded and will track tech rollers both way so they are forced to block. Situation but good move.

2>>> I've been side stepping left before i do it, it's not always guaranteed, sometimes i get it, sometimes i don't, it seems more like luck to me. Am I doing something wrong? Jiorio, do u think u can record on practice mode for me to see how u get it off every time?

Much appreciate it.

Thanks.
Mr. NO!
Deity
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
if you wanna do ssl it's a tight timing. You've probably noticed what happens when it doesn't come out right: no resplat, or you hit the away from the wall. Just gotta find that sweet spot and remember the feel. not much else i can say about that.
Signature Australia[Canberra]/Japan[Tokyo]
Phragonist
3rd Dan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
My question is about "animal roundhouse" d1+2,1+2,2 which this string alone is over 100 damage. My question is, how do I reliably set up to hit this for full damage? Thanks
Alcan
Destroyer
PSN: NaclaM
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Side step and get behind the opponent. This could be done after 1+2, or other plus frame moves.

Also, alot of characters moves can be stepped where you end up behind them (for instance, Devil Jin's u+4, 3+4 move). Whenever this happens, I recommend doing the animal roundhouse string for maximum damage.
Signature BUTTON MASHERS 2000 (cause 1999 just couldn't cut it)

"Being random is godlike, because God is random."
Phragonist
3rd Dan
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Alcan
Side step and get behind the opponent. This could be done after 1+2, or other plus frame moves.

Also, alot of characters moves can be stepped where you end up behind them (for instance, Devil Jin's u+4, 3+4 move). Whenever this happens, I recommend doing the animal roundhouse string for maximum damage.

Do you have to be legit straight behind them? or can you be to their side? Also, is it possible to start blocking this mid string? for example, if I hit with d1+2,1+2, is the 2 guaranteed? (havent actually started playing rolex yet, I'm just theory crafting)
Alcan
Destroyer
PSN: NaclaM
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
It can work on their side as well. Sometimes even the first hit of the string on the side will cause the opponent to become more backturned.

The first two hits are of the string are natural, the third isn't. I believe that CH on the second hit automatically gives you the third. You can just throw it out, since it isn't too punishable. Also, you can cancel in the middle of the string to backturned.
Signature BUTTON MASHERS 2000 (cause 1999 just couldn't cut it)

"Being random is godlike, because God is random."
Stoic Steve
Iron Fist God
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I also use bb+4 as a way to get in if people are trying to let time win the match but you cant just throw it out. So make sure your in the right range etc it leaves you plus frames and them in crouch on block so I highly recommend getting use to how to use the move. I normally ss with the opponent before i throw it out but I like the move as a situational a lot.