TTT2 Ganryu Compilation Thread

Page Splits <1234>...5
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
insanelee
tinh yeu
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
df2+3 fcd1 cc df412 doesnt seem to work at max range. best combo hes had since low palm nerf though.

bronson
Signature www.eightarc.com
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
A couple of things about the new find:

d/f+2+3, FC+1, ws+1+2,1+2(B!) works against Marduk. I haven't tested on other bigs. Timing is really tight.

This next one can't be right, but on the off chance that it is, could someone test out the following?

d/f+2+3, fc+1~fc+1~fc+1~fc+1... (IOW, just hold the crouch and hit 1 at the appropriate time)

Ganny advances with each FC+1 such that the next one will hit, without end, and it seems like if you get the second one and every one after that out at its fastest execution (too fast, and you'll get fc+1,1 of course, which would mess things up) that each one hits before the opponent hits the ground again. If it works, it's a one-hit-leads-to-KO glitch as long as walls don't come into play.

Still, it can't be right, right?

If you do test it, what it should look like is each hit popping the dude back up the same as the first fc+1 hit - which is to say just higher than Ganny's crouching head. It should work equally well regardless of opponent size, but the distance of the d/f+2+3 may affect it. Test it from close range, to begin with.

Thanks to whomever can check this out!
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
Tofma
Dragon Lord
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm sure thats just a reset. You probably forgot to set the opponent to tech.
Signature
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Tofma
I'm sure thats just a reset. You probably forgot to set the opponent to tech.

That points to my main problem in personally confirming this - no home system. I'm only going on what i can best figure in game centers. The CPU does tend to tech in later matches, and yet I was still able to land several FC+1's consecutively when my timing was on, even against Unknown (who is usually very good about teching when it serves her purpose - at least, occasionally).

Tell the truth, I hope it's not true. It would be too broken.

I wonder if Ganny has a tech traps for this situation. For example: d/f+2+3, FC+1 (wait to confirm tech roll) D/F+2 or d/f+2+3, FC+!, (ws+1+2)(wait for tech roll confirmation)>1+2. Maybe d/f+2+3, FC+1, cc/wait a tiny bit in N, u/f+2,1+2?

I do know that if they roll forward or back you can do (ws+1+2),1+2 and you'll have them BT'ed in that silly shrug. d/f+1+2,1 hits and launches.
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"

sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
haven't tested but it cannot work. Either it hits and it is indeed a reset (and techable) or it hits and will push your opponent too far after 2 hits. But I think I remember 2 FC,d1's not even connecting.
Signature s3:
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
haven't tested but it cannot work. Either it hits and it is indeed a reset (and techable) or it hits and will push your opponent too far after 2 hits. But I think I remember 2 FC,d1's not even connecting.

It could be a reset, but it definitely doesn't push too far away. It has to do with the opponent ending up FUHT. Other down positions do cause a large push away with a FC+1 hit, but not this one.

BTW, d/f+2+3, FC+1, ws+1+2,1+2(B!) works on Ogre, too, but of course he can mess things up with his mid-air recover. It doesn't seem to work on Jinpachi, but I was kinda tired tonight, and maybe my timing was off.

Anyway, consider the frames involved:

d/f+2+3, FC+1, cc, d/f+4,1,2 - d/f+4 is i15. Does the cc bump up that up to a de facto i17? i18?
FC+1 by itself is i19~20

If it's techable, and if the cc part of the first option is correctly listed at i17~18 (or more - is just-frame type of execution really necessary to get this to work?) then that would mean the opp has a 2~3 frame window to tech, which I guess is possible, but...

...I'm still hoping someone (who has very good timing) can check this out.

Tofma
Dragon Lord
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
you can do df2+3 ws1 b21 ws1+2,1+2 on ogre. Afaik he cant fly out of it either.
Signature
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
you can do df2+3 ws1 b21 ws1+2,1+2 on ogre. Afaik he cant fly out of it either.

Didn't know that. Thanks! I don't suppose that works on Marduk, too..?

And by 'fly out of it,' do you mean this is a juggle he can't do his mid-air recovery during? I didn't know such juggles existed.

Tofma
Dragon Lord
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
It doesnt work on Marduk (On Bears it does though). And yes I'm talking about Ogres mid combo flight thing. I remember trying in practice mode to fly away after every hit and it never worked.
Signature
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
It doesnt work on Marduk (On Bears it does though). And yes I'm talking about Ogres mid combo flight thing. I remember trying in practice mode to fly away after every hit and it never worked.

The reason I asked about the Ogre mid-air recovery is that he did it to me many times yesterday:

d/f+2+3, FC+1 (R!) ws+1+2(1+2)

meaning I tripped him up, hit him with the FC+1, and he recovered mid-air, BT'ed, so the ws+1+2 hit him high into the air, and the second 1+2 missed.

sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
Since BR, df2+3, ws1, b21, ws1+2,1+2 B!, 1+2,1+2 has worked on Kuma.
Signature s3:
epsilon_
Champion
XBL: HelpfulJaysimon
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
so is there some kinda trick to landing df 2+3, fc d+1, cc df 412?

even at point blank range i can't pick them up with the cc df 412 the knee just whiffs, and i know im getting the cc, and it seems like im doing it asap...
Tofma
Dragon Lord
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
You just have to be quick with the CC. There's no trick, once you get the timing it'll be pretty easy.

I had this problem at first where I did the knee too late at first because FC d+1 recovered faster than I thought.
Signature
epsilon_
Champion
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
ok figured it out.

it does 55 but they get wall carried backturned.

df2+3, ff+3 does 52 but is tag crashable, i think this is a better combo to do most of the time.
Tofma
Dragon Lord
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm pretty sure they can lessen the damage of ff3 though, by backrolling for example.
Signature
epsilon_
Champion
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm pretty sure they can lessen the damage of ff3 though, by backrolling for example.

yeah they can, if they backroll though you can catch them with dash b 21 cc df 412
Raiden
Mishima Xiaobatsu
PSN: RaidenNC
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
will be working on that tonight. Can anybody post a vid of the df+2+3 juggle? I'd rather have the guaranteed damage, plus wall carry anytime.
Signature TTT2: Return of the Mishima Xiaobatsu:

~God Bless~
epsilon_
Champion
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
that shit is hard and relatively inconsistent for me, if you can do it consistently more power to ya. the wall carry isn't that great because they are carried back turned.
Raiden
Mishima Xiaobatsu
PSN: RaidenNC
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
I figured it out. I actually had the opposite problem from Tofma. I thought fc 1 recovered as slow as it looks. Its actually not that hard. Its still inconsistent for me b/c of the speed of the cc, but it still doesn't seem that difficult and I think that w/ muscle memory in due time it be much more consistent. I haven't had a problem with it at max range or off axis some either.
Signature TTT2: Return of the Mishima Xiaobatsu:

~God Bless~
juwe
Suprizu Battou Sekzu
PSN: Godhand__juwe
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
does CH ff+3 juggle? sorta like CH 1+2 into b+2,1 juggle since ff+3 kinda gives the same animation on CH. I havent tested it yet.. can someone check?

I have been fooling around with ff+3 as a pressure tool and is working wonders so far..
Signature Your resistance only makes my penis harder!