Page Splits 123>...5
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
In this thread you'll find all the basics about playing Ganny in TTT2. In here there are listings of NC's, NCc's, punishers, top moves and useful links to other threads. Enjoy!

Ganryu specific legend
Sit = 3+4, ub_u_uf3+4, FUFT (KND) 1+2
HHS (Hundred Hand Slap) = b1~2/FC,db1+2
Assrape = d1+2 on a backturned opponent

NC
-(f)44
-df14
-df41
-df1+2,1
-b11
-b21
-(df2)12
-(b1)11
-FC,df12

NCc
-1+2,1+2
-d12
-d22
-b111
-b41
-ws12
-(2)12
-(df1)41
-(b2)12

Punishing
10f: b1+2
12f: 12
13f: df14 (in some situations, 12 is better with 2 damage less, but +6. df14 = -2)
14f:ff1+2 (tight) f1+2, 21
16f: df2

ws
11f: ws4
13f: ws12
14f: FC,df2, FC,db1+2
16f: ws2
20f: ws1+2,1+2 (but ws2 is better)

Tracking and homing
From standing
Homing attacks
uf2
b1

Anti SWR/tracks left/CCW
df+1
(2),1

Anti SWL/tracks right/CW
b+2,1
f+2 (can be walked during startup but not if you're at +)

Both ways
df+3
ff+1+2 (this one's a little tricky though; it could be attributable to the dash)

Need to test: df+4,1, df+1+2, thunder palm

From FC
Anti SWR/tracks left/CCW
WS 1

Anti SWL/tracks right/CW
WS 2

Both ways
FC 1 (followups seem to whiff more often if they SWL)

Need to test: FC df+1, FC df+1,2 WS 4 (in more detail)

Moves with +frames on block
-1 (+3)
-d1 (+3)
-b111 (+3)
-d1+2 (+1)
-f2~1/ff2~1/hcf2~1 (+4)
-ff3 (+3?)
-wr1+2 (+a lot, but blockable)
-bf2 (+5/+6)

Bound moves
-b41 (for a wallbind after a direct wallhit, bb first)
-ws1+2,1+2
-(3)44
-1+2+5

Tag assault fillers
-df412
-ff4
-uf3

Juggles
TTT2 Sumo Combos (Solo)
TTT2 Sumo Combos (Tagteam)

Guaranteed stuff
Damages are probably off atm.
-CH b1, df141, df14 [95]
-CH b1+2, f3+4 [52]
-CH 1, b1+2 [34]
-df3+2, ff3_FC1+2_cc, 1+2 [??_48_43]
-[opp crouching] uf1, b1+2 [38]
-f2~1, 12_b1+2 [40_36]
-ss1, 1+2 [55]
-(21)2, 1+2 [43]
-(b21)2, 1+2 [45]

With wall in front
-CH b111, b21, ws4_b212 [98_96]

Walls
Moves that wallsplat
-f1+2
-f3+4
-b1+2 (up close) #1
-df1+2,1
-hcf2
-df2
-ws2
-ws1+2
-hcf1
-SIT 1 (only normal hit) #1 #2
-FC,df2
-3 up close
-CH f2
-CH b41
-[opp BT] d1+2
-CH 1, b1+2
-[opp crouching]uf1, b1+2

#1 After b1+2 or NH SIT 1 you can do a resplat before wallbounding:
b1+2_SIT 1 w!, bb, 12 W!, 212 B!
#2 After CH SIT1 you can high wallsplat with df2

Oki
A good way to start oki from juggles is ending with B! 1+2. You can relaunch backrollers with df141, 212 or with df1+2, b21, ws1+2,1+2.
If they don't move you can do 1+2, d1, df3, ff3 or uf3+4.

Mixups, setups & options
df2+3
If your opponent doesn't roll away or quickstand, df2+3, uf3+4~BT 1+2 works. df2+3, ff3 creates a good oki situation.
Against Kuma you can juggle with df2+3, ws1, b21, ws1+2,1+2 B!, 1+2,1+2.
bf1
Free df14 or other mixup. df2+3 from here is good as well since it covers lot of things your opponent can do.
b1+3_2+4
Punchreversal. It garantuees d1+2 but can hit differently, allowing for different options:
*If your opponent tries to attack: CH for a free throw attempt.
*If they duck (I think, could be something else): knock down FDFA, free 1+2 and more next to the wall.
*Normal hit: assrape. Check assrape options down here.
d1+2/assrape
Nothing seems guaranteed anymore. Opponents can tag out of every option. It does create a mixup where you can dash in and launch the incoming opponent if they decided to tag.
If assrape wallsplats you get a free B! with iws1+2,1+2.
CH b1
CH b1 guarantees df141, df14 at close and mid range. It can pay off to watch the reaction of your opponent after df141. It gives you a mixup because people will expect df14.

CH b1 walljuice:

At the wall, a lot of stuff after CH b1 will make your opponent turn around because they bump into the wall (df141, 212, df412, 12121212). b212 is the only string that fully connects (unless you're a bit to the left. 44 hits there but I'm not sure if it's guaranteed. Don't think so. From the left side you can do CH b1, 1212 for 70 dmg) and CH b1, b212 is a whopping 90 dmg. Here comes the juice: followup with bf2 will cover a lot of options and there is no downside.
bf2 will:
-force block on quickstand leaving you at +5/+6 in their face at the wall (most of the time)
-ground hits for 22 dmg when they try to roll ANY direction or do nothing
-launches get up kicks (both low and mid) for sick walldamage (paired with Drag I do Gan CH bf2~5, Dra UF4 W!, b1+2 TA!, Gan 344, Dra b2, ws1+2 = 109 dmg) You can't delay though or the getup kick will beat you or trade hits (still better for Ganny)

Ganny's FC game
Ganny can be a threat from crouching position. He has a number of mids from crouch and a nice low in FC1+2. It's kinda slow but a lot of people don't see it in the mixup. Another annoying low is FC1 (safe on block!). Mids are ws4, ws2, FC,df2, FC,df12, FC,db1+2, ws1+2,1+2, uf1+2~D (to continue FC pressure), uf1, uf3. Adding throws in the mix makes Ganny's FC game pretty threatening.

Top moves
There's pretty much consensus on all of these moves being Ganny's top moves. Be sure to check out the Top 10 thread for more opinions.
Ganny's fastest punch at 12 frames. It's +3 on block making it ideal for applying pressure. CH 1 grants a free b1+2, making it an even more dangerous move against the wall.
b1+2
Ganny's fastest move at 10 frames. Unsafe (-12/-13) but perfect for interrupting your opponents offense. CH b1+2 f3+4 is 58 damage which is pretty sick. This move alone pretty much destroys mindless pitbulls.
f1+2
14 frame long range high punisher. It punishes a lot of stuff some others can't even punish. It's safe due to pushback. One of Ganny's best moves. Wallsplats. If opponent doesn't quickbackroll you can run up 1+2 or backrollcatch with df1.
df1
Ganny's fastest midpoke. At 13 frames it seems like a regular df1, but it hits very low and due to 1's +3 this move can be input as a 10 frame mid after a standard jab, making it a great option. It has deceptive reach, is safe and you can finish with 4 or even 41 to keep your opponent guessing.
df1 is a great oki tool for backroll pickup. If you opponent lays still and you input df1, there's more than enough time to catch them with another df1 if they decided to backroll after your first whiff. Another option is to delay df1<4<1 and try to pickup with 4 but's that more risky.
ff1+2
14 frame high punisher and jugglestarter and it's safe! That should be enough. Tagbufferable so you can drain that red life. At fastest input it can punish -14 but it's perfect for punishing -15. Small extra is that if you try to punish and you mess up the notation you get a f1+2 punish which is also nice.
b21i15 or i16 NC mid, mid and safe. Creates a mixup on the spot and in their face. Can be abused pretty well.
df3
Tracking low poke that's hard to see and gives plusframes for pressuring. Decent reach and -12.
b1
High homing attack. On CH you get a lot of damage with CH b1, (opp BT) df141, df14.

Other remarkable moves
df1+2,1
df1+2,1 has some great properties and purposes. First of all, it's a hitconfirmable high damage mid that wallsplats. It's a wallcombo that hits consistently even at an angle (except for BT). df1+2 can be used as a backroll catch. df1+2 is safe (except for Yoshi, he can 1+4 launch you), df1+2,1 launchpunishable.
df2+3
Hard to see low. High crush. Guarantees 1+2 or creates a mixup. Launchpunishable.
d1+2
16 frame mid that's +1 on block. Pretty linear. On CH it gives a free throw option, 3 choices.
b41
NCC for BIG damage. Wallsplats, is safe and binds. bb to B! at the wall.
ff3
Kinda slow stomp but good damage, hits grounded and best of all is plusframes on block (+3 I believe).
uf1
Jumping (read: lowcrushing) mid with a very small animation. Safe. Shines in mixups. On crouching opponents it's +12 for a free b1+2 for a wallsplat near the wall.
uf2
Mid homing move. Safe on block, but barely. If opponent tries to jab punchreversal catches them.
1+2
Ground hitting mid. -11/12 but not safe to punish due to(delayed) followup 1+2,1+2 or even with 1+2,b1+2. Juggle on ch. B! ender of choice for oki purposes. On BT 1+2,1+2 gives a juggle.
wr1+2
Slow but powerful while running mid. Only really usable when opponent is recovering, easily interrupted otherwise. On block and hit it gives a huge blockstun in which your opponent can't move but can block. Free mixup or pressure afterwards.
f2~1
High hitting clap in the face. +4 on block. Can also be done as hcf2~1 and ff2~1.

Last edited by sandilord on Aug 30th, 2013 at 10:00

Signature s3:
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
quick addition: d+1,2 is NCc
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
amphreded
Iron Fist God
PSN: amphreded
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
One thing, ws+1,2 is NCc not NC? I thought that's 13f ws punisher.
aviax
Blu Blazer Irregular
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by amphreded
One thing, ws+1,2 is NCc not NC? I thought that's 13f ws punisher.

It's NCc. ws+1 by itself is a 13f ws punisher. Yay...

It does provide +8 FA, which is slightly better than d/f+1.
Signature Autocrat1: "Default winning animation: Bryan punching face, minus punching just twerking"
My reply: OK, but only if they give him back his laugh and 'DIE!' during it.

handle: 六鬼袋《`》武雷庵
metadata
5th Dan
PSN: metadata
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Only a few thoughts:
If you do a 1+2 during the punch parry animation (down not needed), you will have an instant assrape. Maybe the option of the CH d+1+2 is better, but if you do so, you can't be late with the d+1+2. After this (for me), the f+3+4 is only rarely whiffed.

After the ss+1_b+(2,1),2, the uf+3+4,2 is guaranteed (I'm not quite sure, but i will test it).

After the b,f+1, the df+1,4 isn't guaranteed? I think, if the opp doesn't duck just try to turn back, the 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 is also works.

Usually the df+4,1,2 is the best TA filler, but sometimes i use the df+1+2,1 and b+2,1,2 too.

Sorry if I'm messed up something.
Also, very great post!
Signature +
NYENYENYE
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by metadata
Only a few thoughts:
If you do a 1+2 during the punch parry animation (down not needed), you will have an instant assrape. Maybe the option of the CH d+1+2 is better, but if you do so, you can't be late with the d+1+2. After this (for me), the f+3+4 is only rarely whiffed.

After the ss+1_b+(2,1),2, the uf+3+4,2 is guaranteed (I'm not quite sure, but i will test it).

After the b,f+1, the df+1,4 isn't guaranteed? I think, if the opp doesn't duck just try to turn back, the 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 is also works.

Usually the df+4,1,2 is the best TA filler, but sometimes i use the df+1+2,1 and b+2,1,2 too.

Sorry if I'm messed up something.
Also, very great post!
-Assrape f3+4 can be tagged out now to escape. I don't have a lot of experience with it in TTT2 yet so I can't say anything about the succesrate when they don't tag out.
-ss1, uf3+4 can be siderolled, I think to the left. It still hits most of the time, not many people know this.
-Nope, after bf1 nothing is guaranteed. They can turn away from everything. I usually go for b1+2 which hits most of the time because people don't react fast enough. Surprisingly, f1+2 hits often as well.
Signature s3:
metadata
5th Dan
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the correction!
Next time I will check it before I post.
Signature +
NYENYENYE
metadata
5th Dan
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by sandilord
after bf1 nothing is guaranteed

How can you evade the df+1,4? I tried several times, but I couldn't. You can turn around simply? I tired to tag out, the opp began to the out run, but the df+1 is caught him.

Last edited by metadata on Oct 25th, 2012 at 07:46

Signature +
NYENYENYE
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Duckturn. Could be that it's changed in TTT2. God I hope you're right. When I have time I'll try it.
Signature s3:
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Ok tested it and you're completely right, good news! At regular distance bf1, df14 is ALWAYS guaranteed.
If they duckturn: you get a free df141 df14 in their back.
If they turn back (hold B): you get a free df14 on the front or you can knock them down with b1+2.
Signature s3:
metadata
5th Dan
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Yes, I tested it again too, and it's distance dependent a little bit.
Signature +
NYENYENYE
yiggs
#STAYYIGGS
PSN: yiggs_au
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
I've been mucking around with Ganryu. Decent character!

Finish a combo early with ws+1,2 and if they tag crash, SW and you get a free 1+2,1+2 on a BT opponent for a free 100ish damage
Signature twitch.tv/yiggs | @yiggs | #BUFFLING
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Yummie! thx, nice find.
Signature s3:
Raiden
Mishima Xiaobatsu
PSN: RaidenNC
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Wow, its dead in here. No love for the fatman? Some recent finds. This some of this stuff may be common knowledge but I came across it myself in the lab so I figured I'd share.

Df+2+3 Follow-Ups and Anti-Tag Crash
* uf+3+4 - hits if they do anything but a get up kick. if successful you can attempt a sit 1+2 right after.
* ws+2/cc df+2 - If they do the get up kick you can ch hit them with ws+2, cc df+2, or whatever you like to interrupt them for a launch.
*ff+3 - works as well for good damage and doesn't push the opponent away on hit. But because its slow its one of the easiest follow ups to tag crash out of on reaction rather than anticipation.
UB+3+4,2!!! Anti Tag Crash. If the opponent tries to tag crash immediate after hitting the ground after df+2+3, if you go right into ub+3+4,2 you will avoid the tag and get a clean hit sweep for a punish and full juggle. Its so sexy. Also, because he shouts at the beginning of the move, the opponent knows a follow up is coming and will usually tag-crash right away, anticipating a follow up. Jumping back instead of using ub+3+4 cause you to be hit by the tag-crash.

General Anti-Tag Crash
Ganryu's got plenty of moves to hit a grounded opponent so after his throws mixups are sure to ensue. If the opponent has a tag crash and is on the verge of death they will probably tag crash. Jumping backwards will avoid the tag crash and give you instant access to ws moves, namely ws+2 for a full frontal launch with tag-buffer options. If you use ub+3+4 instead of jumping backwards you will be hit by the tag-crash.

Both ub+3+4, and jumping backwards obviously don't work if you've got the opponent cornered. But I personally prefer to keep them standing in the corner anyway. His wall pressure is excellent

standing 1 = 12f high with +3 on block
df+1 = 13f mid with low hitbox, and delayable follow ups
d+1+2 = 15f mid with +1 on block and on hit.
df+3 = 16f low with +5 on hit!
f+2~1 = high with +4 on block, free headbutt on hit for wallsplat.
uf+1 = mid with minor disadvantage on block and free headbutt on crouches for wallsplat.
d+1 = power mid that's +3 on block w/ opponent recovering crouched as well as a delayable follow up for high wall splat.
bf+1 = If you're feeling ballsy and are confident that they will try and counter poke, you can go for this mid swing-back blow and get free hits on follow up.

the list goes on. So yeah, while these anti-tag crash set ups don't work near the wall, Ganny's wall game is so good that you're better off leaving them standing anyway.

@Yiggs = what kind of combo were you ending with ws+1,2? I'm looking forward to trying out that set up. Ganny is so wide that I have a harder time sw tag-crashes (which is how I found this other stuff)

Last edited by Raiden on Dec 14th, 2012 at 20:36

Signature TTT2: Return of the Mishima Xiaobatsu:

~God Bless~
Tofma
Dragon Lord
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Wouldn't just sidestepping a tag crash after d/f+2+3 be better(it requires a bit of timing, but it's possible)? More damage and you wont lose all the momentum if they decide not to crash.

d/f+2+3 fc d+1 cc d/f+4,2,1 is a combo. Not all that hard either.

and d+1+2 is +1 on hit too.
Signature
Raiden
Mishima Xiaobatsu
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Tofma
Wouldn't just sidestepping a tag crash after d/f+2+3 be better(it requires a bit of timing, but it's possible)? More damage and you wont lose all the momentum if they decide not to crash.

d/f+2+3 fc d+1 cc d/f+4,2,1 is a combo. Not all that hard either.

and d+1+2 is +1 on hit too.

It would be better. But I haven't managed to pull it off. I thought it was impossible to sidestep afterwards. You sure its doable after df+2+3?

I'll look into that combo. I thought you couldn't get a juggle off of df+2+3.

I'll get back in the lab and try ss again. I haven't had much luck with it after df+2+3 or throws.

~God Bless~
Tofma
Dragon Lord
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
It's possible. You need to time it as the crash starts. If you do it right away as you recover from d/f+2+3 you'll get hit.
Signature
Raiden
Mishima Xiaobatsu
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
you're right. Tested it earlier. It actually works really well. I can time it by dashing in and then sw. Works really well....so yeah...The "new tech" I "discovered" isn't really all that great. If anything its just style points. lol. Thanks Tofma.

~God Bless~
epsilon_
Champion
XBL: HelpfulJaysimon
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
i can't do that df 2+3 combo

also df+3 is +3 on hit not +5. df+1 is +5 on hit.
Raiden
Mishima Xiaobatsu
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I can't do that df+2+3 combo either. The only thing I got to work, was df+2+3, fc 2, cc, df+4,1,2 = 53dmg. And I only got that to work once and I had to be very close.

And for df+3 the frame data on avoidingthepuddle (which I believe is from inatekken) says df+3 is +5 on hit. I'm pretty sure its more than +3 because I don't a fc+1 on hit gets beat by df+1, meaning its at least +4. I'll do some extra testing tonight, but I'm pretty sure.

~God Bless~