TTT2 King Q&A Thread

Page Splits 123>...43
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
_em_
1st Dan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
These are the only 2 characters i know how to play with. But i am unable to pull a decent combo out of them ...

After King's bound moves like
b+1, 1+2
f+2, 2, 2

What should paul do ? I was thinking to call Paul and do uf + 1, 2 and then try King's iWS. What do you guys say ?
Signature , ,
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
PSN: dropkick_br
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I want to say "post on the Q&A thread but we don't have a Q&A thread, so, I'll be making this as the Q&A thread...

You can try demoman (d+4: 2: 1+2) near wall or df+1, 1, 2 for paul TA! filler. I dunno if it will make your opponent flow high enough for an iSW but f+2+3 will probably hit.

But yeah, I'm no paul player... Take my tip with a grain of salt. You can look for paul forums for a better TA! filler for you...
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
: Hey bro, not only that... both of us got future endeavored...
: This is some WCW sh*t going on... Who's booking this crap?
deathandhealing
2nd Dan
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
What are some BnBs? I only got into Tekken a month or so ago and have the T6 guide and now the TTT2 Guide but Im finding its lacking basic BnBs off launchers and the ones it does have are sometimes incorrect. I whipped out the T6 guide and sure enough almost all those combos are working properly still.

Im thinking about pairing up King with Kunimitsu just because she is the second most interesting character to me. In the long run Ill probably learn Kazuya and have a back up if Kunimitsu doesnt work out for me.
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Are multi-throws a big part for King in any level of play? I guess for beginner-intermediate noob punishing, it kinda is, but I don't know.
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
KaiMeraDaBeast
Kyu
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Whare can I find his tag throw list. I've. Been searching for 2days + I can't seem to find it?
So far I've managed to figure out
King+A.King b1+2tag but nothing else for teaming with marduk,jaycee, +A.King
deathandhealing
2nd Dan
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
What combos is everyone using? I got both the T6 and TTT2 guide and the TTT2 one is a real let down, Ive converted back to the old guide for combos.

Ive also paired King up with Kunimitsu, lol. Only two characters Ive found that I enjoy playing with currently. Anyone running this team?
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
@deathandhealing

df+4 3, f+1, b+2 1+2 B!
df+2 1, f+1, b+2 1+2 B!
f+2 2, f+1, b+2 1+2 B!

All can end on your TA! filler of choice or iSW_f+2+3
For FC df+1, CH b+1 and FC df+2, df+4 3 works. Personally, I'm still using df+2 1 because I'm used to it.

@budhing fighter King's multithrows are still a great tool even for high level. For it's damage potential, it's too safe. But newbs tend to focus on doing the multis and forget to work on other stuff... See http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/...m/Throws_Part-3

Personally, my favorite chain throws with King are the ones on crouchdash and the one on JGS. Because you can do other attack along with the multithrow starter, especially as a tech catch

@kai

King b+1+2 to AK and JC (Double clothesline for AK, Clothesline/Jumping Heel Kick Combo with JC)
King GS for Marduk (Duk catches opponent in the air then does his backthrow)

JC d~db+1+3 to King
Marduk f hcf+1 to King (this is pretty sick)
AK qcb+1+2 to king
Signature : Darnnit guys! I just heard I just got randomly booked against Jack for Tekken 7! All that buildup we did from Tekken 5 went to waste...
: Wait? I thought we are booked to do a epic triple threat match at Tekken 7? I'm even devising the spots we were doing.
deathandhealing
2nd Dan
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Sorry for the double post, last one wasnt showing up on my screen, weird!

Thanks for the info. Im gonna come back later with a bunch of more noob questions after I have some fun with the game. So much stuff to learn in Tekken, its outrageous!
deathandhealing
2nd Dan
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Quick Q: Ive only been able to come up with a 66damage(non-TA) and 81damage with tag assist.

Is Kings combo damage not very good or have I just not figured out the high damage stuff yet?
jaguar94
Virtuoso
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
King's' combos do less damage compared to T6.
ISW (18) GS (16) f+2+3 (15)

uf+4:

f+2,2 ; 1 ; b+2,1+2 (48)
2~1 ; f+2+2+2 (50)
df+2,1 ; 2 ; b+2,1+2 B! (50)
1,2 ; f+1 ; f+2,2,2 B! (51)
df+4,3 ; f+1 ; f+2,2,2 B! (51)
f+3 ; 1 ; f+2,2,2 B! (51)
f+3 ; 2 ; f+2,2,2 B! (53)
f+2,2 ; f+1 ; f+2,2,2 B! (54)
df+2,1 ; f+1 ; f+2,2,2 B! (54)

FC,df+1:

ws+1 ; f+1 ; b+2,1+2 B! (52)
df+4,3 ; f+1 ; b+2,1+2 B! (54)
ws+1 ; f+1 ; f+2+2+2 B! (58)

FC,df+2:

df+4,3 ; f+1 ; b+2,1+2 B! (56)
db+2 ; 2~1 ; f+2,2,1 ; df+1,2 (78)

CH b+1:

f+2,2 ; 1 ; b+2,1+2 (51)
f+2 ; 1 ; f+2,2,2 B! (51)
f+2 ; 2 ; f+2,2,2 B! (53)

Low parry
f+3 ; df+4,3 ; GS (36)

I think the b! isw only gives 18dmg coz it gives a better oki than in T6. 18dmg is rubbish tho lol
Signature Can't break 'em all! // SoccerEvoFC
DEATH&#63722;
A Non-Bender
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
^
^
^
Yeah, King's Juggle damage will stay the same if it weren't for iSW damage nerf. But hey, his juggles are pretty easy yet damaging... and iSW is easier with TA!. f+2+3 is a viable bound ender now too... You can't really complain about that... Plus b+3+4 tag crash trap...
_em_
1st Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Budding Fighter
Are multi-throws a big part for King in any level of play? I guess for beginner-intermediate noob punishing, it kinda is, but I don't know.

They are not. There are number of reasons for that
- You can see multi-throw starter coming
- Most of the multi-throws can be escaped on their 1, 2 or 3 chain ..

That being said, 3+4 could be used for a decent mind game. There are couple of options which you can try ... you gotta look for your opponent to see what is he upto

3+4, uf+4 (if your opponent us crouching you can lift him up)
similarly, 3+4, 2 .. if the opponent is crouching. It will give you enough time to lift him up with uf+4

but if he is blocking .. 3+4, 1+4 to do the grab .. and see how long you can carry it on.

Edit 1: 3+4, 1 will give you a CH if the opponent is ready to get out of an "expected" grab of yours. You can continue a combo here. f+2, f+2, 1, b1, 1+2 iSW

Last edited by _em_ on Sep 14th, 2012 at 18:07

Signature , ,
Budding Fighter
^ Thanks AZYG4LYFE!
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks for the objective reasonings.
Also, really damn pissed at iSW and GS air damage being nerfed. Aren't those the EWGF/Taunt Jet Upper/iWR+2 of King's game?
Just wanted to know, have his multi-throws been the same since T5? I'm trying to make a little 'introduction to King' thing, and wanted to include them.
Signature St. George loves my attitude! ("You know too much." - azL) Everything will remain at 50% of its ideal size.
"Here son do a slight dash after ff4,3 into 4,3,4 when they're flying through the air and those Nina players will stop teasing your execution at school." - Skeering
"If Baek gets your back you basically die." - Bronson
"At the bottom of the tier list, it's hard to hear the bitching from the top." - raybonekilla
Asianskyblue
Virtuoso
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Budding Fighter
Just wanted to know, have his multi-throws been the same since T5? I'm trying to make a little 'introduction to King' thing, and wanted to include them.

Yes they are.
Was thinking about W! d/f+1,2 or f+3 into 1+4 tech-trap from T6. Is it still there or its removed? Never saw it in any vid..just wanted to be sure.
Signature
deathandhealing
2nd Dan
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
I know this has been asked and answered but I would like a second confirmation that his multi-throws are not necessary for high level play. King is by far my favorite character, but Ive practiced some of his multi-throws for hours on end without success. Ive just now been able to land his Reverse Special Stretch Bomb Combo set of throws down to almost the last one. Others I cant get past the first or second throw. I just hate the feeling I have when playing knowing I dont have access to certain tools.

When I put the Input History on it looks like Im hitting all kinds of buttons Im actually not, but I guess this is due to the buffering system? This seems more disadvantageous than helpful. Should I just accept this buffering system as "fact" and stop trying to hit the inputs without it?

One last thing, who are the best King players and where can we see some footage of them? Sorry for all the Qs, Im totally new to this game.
vanex
6th Dan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by _em_
similarly, 3+4, 2 .. if the opponent is crouching. It will give you enough time to lift him up with uf+4

3+4,2 on crouching opponent gives you +13 CR so u/f+4 would never connect (that would be broken). You can try a free crouch grab (d+2+4_1+3 or d/f,d/f+2+4 to start a multithrow)
Signature welcome to your tomb!
el_cheapo
Kyu
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by deathandhealing
I know this has been asked and answered but I would like a second confirmation that his multi-throws are not necessary for high level play. King is by far my favorite character, but Ive practiced some of his multi-throws for hours on end without success. Ive just now been able to land his Reverse Special Stretch Bomb Combo set of throws down to almost the last one. Others I cant get past the first or second throw. I just hate the feeling I have when playing knowing I dont have access to certain tools.

When I put the Input History on it looks like Im hitting all kinds of buttons Im actually not, but I guess this is due to the buffering system? This seems more disadvantageous than helpful. Should I just accept this buffering system as "fact" and stop trying to hit the inputs without it?

One last thing, who are the best King players and where can we see some footage of them? Sorry for all the Qs, Im totally new to this game.

Honestly, multi throws are necessary even for high level play. Not to the point of where you are dependent on the damage from the multi throws, but to the point where the threat of landing them is to your advantage especially the ones out of crouch dash. Instead of cd+1+4_2+3 for you cancel into any mid ws move or hopkick if they duck. Buffer into a SW or muscle buster for a 1+2 throw break. Throws can also be side stepped so be aware of that. ws+2 is great for tracking and it's mid in case they duck. Or just cd and do nothing to see how they react.

Another example would be the ss+2+4 gimmick. Cancel the throw(b or b,f I forget) into fc,df+2 for a launcher.

Are you inputting the commands twice? Because I do if I want to do a particular extension. Otherwise I usually just mash all 4 buttons. Learn at least two different extensions with different breaks for each multi throw starter.
el_cheapo
Kyu
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Asianskyblue
Yes they are.
Was thinking about W! d/f+1,2 or f+3 into 1+4 tech-trap from T6. Is it still there or its removed? Never saw it in any vid..just wanted to be sure.

Try ws+4, it recovers faster.
SridharsVs
Legend
PSN: Tekken_5_King
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
It wont work anymore because you can tag crash.
deathandhealing
2nd Dan
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
I can do parts of the multi throws but not the entire chain. Like I can do almost the entire set for Reverse Special Stretch Bomb but I always miss the last one. However, Arm Breaker > Chicken Wing > Rolling Death Cradle, I must have tried for over 5 hours to input this correctly (mind you I use pad and I havent binded my inputs due to possible tournament banning, I do have them map for easier 1+4 2+3 inputs though) and I simply CANNOT land the RDC, Ive landed the Dragon Sleeper part a good 5-8 times now.

Another thing is, how do I know which throw chain to start with? Do they all have different breaks? To add to this very confusing question, can you break the multi throws, is that why there is more than 1 option on each multithrow, so they have to guess which one youre going to use?