Jinpachi Oki?

Page Splits 123>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
kaworuscott
1st Dan
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Something as important as Oki needs its own thread. The art of never letting your opponent get off the ground.

A lot of Jinpachi's throws leave them really close in front of you. He also has some spike enders to combos that can leave them in the same spot.

Personally after most things that leave them in front of you on the ground (especially like his 2+4 throw) I have been using d+2,1. If they move it often picks them up into the air but all I could find to combo off it is d/b+1,2 OR d+4.

He can end combos with u/f+3+4~1,2,4 which leaves them in front of you but I couldn't find anything specifically good for Oki in that situation.

What moves are you doing in your Oki? And after which move? What have you seen other Jinpachi players use to keep someone from getting up off the ground?
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
PSN: Sandilord
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
I use df1 to pick up so far, sometimes df31 when my opponent is further away. Still need to go to practice to find out his options though...
Signature s3:
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
i try to condition my opponent to roll back after u4,d4 and once they start doing that or anything else besides side rolling i use d1~5 B! for a small combo.

i see a few jinpachi users spike with either uf3+4, 2 or ub12,124 and pick back up with ub1,2. i havent tried it but im pretty sure its boss

obviously if they just lay on the ground i (A-Town!) stomp all day

for after throws i d3 dash up and d1~5 B! or stomp or d3 again because it puts you in crouch and if they wanna get up kick just ws 3 for the counter hit launcher but im going to start trying the ub12 instead

i believe ub12 is hit confirmable as well i could be wrong on that one though
tyler2k
PSN: tyler2k1
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
d+2,1 works too, but the best I've found is a d/b+2,1 follow-up, not sure if you can get more off it.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Beginner Series: Throw System (Part 1, Part 2)
VargasTheSick
Tekken God
PSN: VargasTheSick
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I am usually just going for d+1 for a Heihachi style bound. If they are close to the wall then I finish it with d,f+3,1 for the wallsplat, or f+2,1,1+2 for some damage.
Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
123arskas
4th Dan
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
I don't know If its Confirmed But db+3,1 Works well for Me Sometimes as an Oki :p.
f+1+4 also hits grounded opponents most of the time.

Last edited by 123arskas on Oct 26th, 2012 at 08:58

Xiaho
Champion
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
A good oki setup is to replace your bound ender with D+2,1. This will put them in FDFT.
After the D+2,1, chase them down with F+AP.

If they stay on the ground you can get a free AP+1 which would do more than Pachi's staple enders.
If they ukemi you recover from AP in time to resume your offense. You can also get a free f+4 for frame traps.
If they backroll you can cancel AP into his f+1+4, but he probably has a better option (still 51 damage).

The best thing about the setup is that you react to do all these options with some practice.
tyler2k
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
I haven't mentioned it, but better trap anytime they're FDFT would be (u/b+1),2 and it still works if it lands as u/b+1,2. It chases down pretty much anything, but be aware that whiffing any trap over a FDFT opponent risks launch punishment.
Signature My fighting game website - NOW BACK!!! | twitch.tv/tyler2k - My twitch.tv channel |
Tutorial Series: iWS tutorial video | CC and CDc tutorial video | Hit Confirm tutorial video
Stenquistd
3rd Dan
PSN: Mishima123456
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
db 1+2 causes get up mid kick (i believe low kick too, havent confirmed) to whiff and knocks down again. I believe its back roll techable but still decent damage and near a wall could be a good set up. I usually would run up to a knock down opponent and if they try any kick, another knockdown.
Signature Take Time, learn, pace, and succeed.
A.K Winter
4th Dan
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
any suggestions after (CH) FC df+1 or d+3
Stenquistd
3rd Dan
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
d+3 is 0 or neutral on hit but ws 4 is probably the fastest option the 1st hit is safe but the extensions can be used for the mix up. ub+1 is another risky option but more often than not they wont try to punish it cuz of the launch.

ch FC df+1, FC df+2 is a good option, or fly 2

u+4 is good but dont abuse it u can get jabbed out after a d+3, the ch df 1 its good after

Last edited by Stenquistd on Feb 10th, 2013 at 06:09

A.K Winter
4th Dan
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Oh ..sorry... i meant CH d+3 since the opp well be in the same state as CH FC df+1..
gonna test FLY 2 & FC df+2 thnx
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
After both CH FC,df1 and CH d3 I use ff3.
Signature s3:
A.K Winter
4th Dan
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Tried things after CH FC,df1 and CH d3
1-once opp eats ff+4 or 3 (if he stayed on the floor ) fff+3 FC df+2 and FLY 2 they might start doing side rolling .. you a can hit them with bd+4 ...

2-CH d3 make you closer to opp more than CH FC,df1..so there is an additional option..
if the opp tried to do a quick recovery or any wake up kick WS 2 (yeah ..it's risky) will launch him ..

Last edited by A.K Winter on Feb 10th, 2013 at 16:21

tyler2k
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Off the top of my head:
1+3 throw - d/f+1 pick up
2+4 throw - d/b+1 pick up
f,f+3, d+4 - d/b+1 pick up
FLY 2, d+3 - WS+3 pick up at certain ranges
u+4 - d+1 will catch any flinch

Also anytime they're left FDFT you can do (u/b+1),2 option select to catch them BT
Stenquistd
3rd Dan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
I was trying some of this today and if u do a slight dash after ch d+3, ub 1, 2 catches them back turned, all i got after was fly 1, 2, 4 dash df 2, 1

I couldnt after df+1

I did it on ling but only the computer tech not manual could anybody try to confirm?
A.K Winter
4th Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
okay did another u+4 after successful u+4 to full TA combo ...watch after 7:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...sHBsn0A0#t=429s
sandilord
Destructive Impulse
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Stenquistd
I was trying some of this today and if u do a slight dash after ch d+3, ub 1, 2 catches them back turned, all i got after was fly 1, 2, 4 dash df 2, 1

I couldnt after df+1

I did it on ling but only the computer tech not manual could anybody try to confirm?
I posted my findings on BT ub12 launch somewhere in these threads not too long ago. Forgot where but probably the juggle thread. You can do oBT ub12~F, FLY3, 2 (f1 on BIGS), df31 B!, db31
Signature s3:
A.K Winter
4th Dan
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
1+3 throw - d/f+1 pick up

fd+1.fd+1.1 fd+3.1 B!...etc

2+4 throw - d/b+1 pick up

bd+1 ws +3 d+1 B!..etc

good one ..
WangIsKhan
Lone Wolf
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
so i recently had a conversation with one of the better marduks in america and he was telling me that one of the things that makes him good is hes able to react to okie situations for example he can see when people quick stand/backroll/sideroll and acts accordingly. so i was wondering if anyone else here can react to okie like he was telling me and if so how do you go about practicing that? i have spent a good many hours in practice mode with the get up function set on random and i still cant see shit. is there a better way to practice? is my dude just full of shit hahah? i dont know help me out