how on earth do you SW Ao's 12 on reaction

Page Splits
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
grumpy64
War Lord
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I use Ao but i also want to learn how to fight against him and was watching a vid by nycfab and he said you could SW Ao's 12 and he did it on the vid easy as that. He was actually able to see the 1 coming and sw to the right and make the entire string whiff I've tried and tried but i just can't react fast enough. Any tips. Or are their any other ways to deal with the move?
Baron West
Iron Fist God
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by grumpy64
I use Ao but i also want to learn how to fight against him and was watching a vid by nycfab and he said you could SW Ao's 12 and he did it on the vid easy as that. He was actually able to see the 1 coming and sw to the right and make the entire string whiff I've tried and tried but i just can't react fast enough. Any tips. Or are their any other ways to deal with the move?

It's not possible to side walk 1,2 on reaction. The reason why NYCfab was able to sw the move so easily was because he was in defensive training. In defensive training the CPU performs moves at a fixed interval so players will know exactly when they are coming. Under those circumstances anyone can step 1,2.

No one is reacting to 10 frame moves. Anything below 18 frames is pure guess work. 18-22 frame moves require some kind of visual cue to react to at all, but at those frames, the vast majority of people rely on guessing rather than reaction speed. Lots of players can't react to 23 frames moves.

The purpose of the video wasn't about stepping 1,2 or any of those moves on reaction. Let's say your playing A.Ogre. Your opponent thinks your going to attack, and decides to ssr. Fab's video was to show which AO moves will track ssr and which won't.

You will never be able to react to 10 frame jabs. You simply have to try and anticipate them, and respond according. If someone steps your 1,2 it's not because the did it on reaction.
Signature An ounce of practice is generally worth more than a ton of theory.

My Youtube

lain
Iron Fist God
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Baron West
It's not possible to side walk 1,2 on reaction. The reason why NYCfab was able to sw the move so easily was because he was in defensive training. In defensive training the CPU performs moves at a fixed interval so players will know exactly when they are coming. Under those circumstances anyone can step 1,2.

No one is reacting to 10 frame moves. Anything below 18 frames is pure guess work. 18-22 frame moves require some kind of visual cue to react to at all, but at those frames, the vast majority of people rely on guessing rather than reaction speed. Lots of players can't react to 23 frames moves.

The purpose of the video wasn't about stepping 1,2 or any of those moves on reaction. Let's say your playing A.Ogre. Your opponent thinks your going to attack, and decides to ssr. Fab's video was to show which AO moves will track ssr and which won't.

You will never be able to react to 10 frame jabs. You simply have to try and anticipate them, and respond according. If someone steps your 1,2 it's not because the did it on reaction.

Best post. I thought everyone landed on "16-18 frames" as far as reaction time though, but yeah
Morninglord
Synthetic Insanity
PSN: Morninglord
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Everyone?

An individuals reaction time is going to vary moment to moment based on their performance at the time.

Let alone the huge variance in base reaction time you get between people.

Training will also improve reaction time.

So I dunno about "everyone landing on 16-18."
Signature Zhan: The real enemy is yourself.
lain
Iron Fist God
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Morninglord
Everyone?

An individuals reaction time is going to vary moment to moment based on their performance at the time.

Let alone the huge variance in base reaction time you get between people.

Training will also improve reaction time.

So I dunno about "everyone landing on 16-18."

By that, I meant humanly possible.
Syn_SC
Destroyer
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Lots of people can't react to 23 frame moves...
Jins HS is 23F, NOONE will block that on reaction. Speed of a move does not necessarily define whether it is reactable, it all depends on how the move is telegraphed, working example:
At a casuals session, Shimma and Locolei were blocking my Heihachi DB2 on reaction, but it became pure guesswork when I mixed in B2. Speed is a factor but defending purely on reaction is ultimately determined by animation.

My 2c
Signature Dorya!