Jun's Top 10 Moves

Page Splits 123>...5
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
pIchu
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Seems to be a fair few people asking so I thought I'd post my own top 10 and the reasons:

1) b+2: i15 (?), m, pretty decent hit box so will catch SSer (forgot which way).
2) f+2: Better than Asuka's since it hits grounded. One of the best whiff punishers in the game.
3) 2>1: i12, hit confirm, safe, h/m poke. Second hit high crushes and tracks. CH (2),1,4,3 is NCc and splats for pretty huge damage.
4) b+4>2: i14, hit confirm, m/m poke. Second hit launches on CH.
5) SS+4: Mid, +ve on block, CH launch. Great pressure tool. Can be performed from 1,2~SS, f+3~SS, b+2,1~SS as well.
6) f+4: Not as much range as Asuka's but essentially the same.
7) d/f+2>2: i16, m,m, first hit homes, second hit bounds.
8) d/f+1,1: Quick mid poke, uninterruptable, safe, +ve on hit.
9) u/f+4,3: i16 hopkick... auto bounds but it's still a good tool.
10) d+3+4: Same as Asuka... still great.

The above isn't in any particular order... just from the top of my head really. Other moves that I use that are good:

f,f+3: Safe, mid, homing move, splats
f+3: Leads into all her stance options and has pretty big forward range and picks up very low.
IZU options: Mostly for juggles but it's her move offensive stance.
d/f+1+2: She has no good lows IMO so you need to spam her throws a bit.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but if you put the Jun Quick Guide and this together, you should be able to find some decent answers :p
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
XBL: Jason4579
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
In no particular order,

B+4 2 - Great i13 punisher, meaty damage, delayable and the second hit is a CH launcher.
D+3+4 - Safe on block, i14, crushes lows quickly (but not instantly).
FC D/F D D/F+1+2 AKA Falling Rain - FC mix-up throw into a full juggle if not broken.
SS+4 - Mid, +5 on block, launch on CH.
B+3 - i16, great keep out move, string for juggle on hit is HC.
F+2 - One of the best whiff punishers in the entire game. Hits grounded for good damage in oki.
IZU - Offensive stance, lots of good options, +frames on hit to slow down your opponent BUT it can be ducked and punished.
B+1+3_B+2+4 - Some-what universal reversal, taggable for +frames.
F+4 - +frames on block, launch on hit
D/F+2 2 - HC homing move, good for sidesteppers.
F+3 - Transitions to stances, hit box is low to the ground, picks up opponents in the air with ease.
4 - Still magic.

Sure it's my top 11, but Jun has a lot of good moves

Last edited by Jason4579 on Oct 5th, 2012 at 22:21

Signature [Jun] +

Your = Possessive. As in 'your grammar sucks'
You're = You are. As in 'you're an idiot for not knowing the difference'
pIchu
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Jason4579
Jun's reversal isn't extendable but it is taggable.
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
I could swear I've seen video footage of it... But my mistake. Thanks for the correction
Signature [Jun] +

OUTBREAK_YOKO
War Lord
PSN: XaingCass1
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
My top 10-not-in-order moves for Jun:

1. 2>1 - i11 poke that is + +3 on hit, close range mixup-er, second hit TC and high crushes, and a very good punisher ala like Alisa 1,1.
2. db+3 - Hey, who doesn't like this move? IMO one of her BEST lows for oki, and has a very good range. -14 is not that bad (at least not for opponents who have i14 WS launchers cough Bryan WS+1) because majority of the roster can only punish with WS4.
3. SS+4 - +5 on block, leads to dangerous mixups and setups, acts as an "auto SS" move like Asuka SS+2. The move itself can be done with strings leading to SS. Furthermore, it gives a free launch on CH.
4. ff+1+2 - Great move that gives a free combo, long ranged, SAFE, meaty damage on hit.
5. WS1+2 - Yep, same as Asuka's WS1+2.
6. IZU 4,1 - Risk reward move but definitely worth the risk. It is a better move than Leo's db+4,1 because you can actually mixup and create setups because you're near the opponent of the hit area. Meaty damage, Wall splat (on some situations) and arguably tracks.
7. df+2,2 - First move homing, second bounding. Furthermore, it is a NCc, HC, advantage on hit, and the string is safe.
8. can cans - like Asuka's.
9. uf+4,3 - Essentially works magic like Alisa's uf+4.4. TJ.
10. b+2 strings - this strings make the her stances very offensive considering the very confusing hand gestures Jun makes. Definitely on top.

Special Mentions:

1. Reversal~5 - Move actually does more damage when you tag in your partner and leaving the opponent standing, so you can go for setups.
2. ff+3 - mid homing and KNDs.
3. 3+4 - safe, crushes lows, KND, force mixups and hit grounded. Too bad it doesn't track like hell.
Signature TEKKEN 6 ASUKA COMBO ACT VOL. 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkJJ9ZhmX7I
TEKKEN 6 COMBO ACT VOL. 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CeTbDQcyyY
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/#!/YoshiKatYoko
Sushi
drunken master.
PSN: TZsushi
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Thanks, everyone!
Signature Dear Satan,
I ate all the insects like you told me but I'm still not immortal. Please send another sign.
hardfighter
Dragon Lord
PSN: ketlord
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
hey wt about 1+2?? seems to be good one? hw much frames??
Signature There is No God but ALLAH and Muhammad(PBUH) is the Last Prophet of Allah

Ketlord
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
According to ATP, Jun's 1+2 is i12. The damage isn't there, but it's (supposedly) -11 on block, +1 on hit and it give a breakable stun on CH.

I find that even some low level players break the stun as it's broken with either f_b. That's only when I use the move of course, which is rarely to seldom. It's not bad, but it's not worth the risk VS some characters who could punish and KD/wallsplat you if they were to block the move.

It's possible that 1+2 could be used to CH fish, followed by f+4 if you're successful.

There would be three possible outcomes for a CH 1+2 in high level play.

1. The stun isn't broken or you catch them in a BD/counter their attack. Results in a full juggle.

2. The stun is broken and f+4 is blocked. Good for pressure and you can keep up your offense with less difficulty.

3. The stun in broken and f+4 is crushed. Say goodbye to a chunk of your lifebar.

It's not too bad on terms of risk vs reward, but could become predictable quickly. Perhaps a blessing in disguise, as it would offer an oppertunity for a mix-up.

Last edited by Jason4579 on Oct 6th, 2012 at 01:59

Signature [Jun] +

FaustVIII
Kyu
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Are there some wall moves for Jun? I've having trouble landing 2 , 1 , 3 , 4 when opp hits the wall... So I find myself using d/b 3 , 3+4 which is weaker but at least consistent...
Jason4579
Dragon Lord
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Try b+2,2,1. The last hit can be delayed for a grounded hit, giving more damage.
Signature [Jun] +

MiyusRibbons
Virtuoso
PSN: MiyusRibbons
XBL: MiyusRibbons
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
1+4,2,d+4 is my panic goto at the wall

Last edited by MiyusRibbons on Oct 9th, 2012 at 19:56

Signature Lili and Josie

Josie Juggles
FaustVIII
Kyu
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by MiyusRibbons
1+4,2,d+3 is my panic goto at the wall

But is not as consistent as Asuka's in my opinion... perhaps we can make a top 5 Jun's best moves for wall game (including chains that break walls or floors in order to add some extra damage iwhen the opp hits the wall and the stage has breakable stuff)
kPc
No! not the HopeKick
PSN: aAo-kpc
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
My top ten
In no particular order
b2- good poke that has so many options
F2-do I have to say more?
d4- a quick low poke that can be delayed into 4, the first is only ws 4 and the second if delayed enough will interrupt a hasty ws4 punish
Df 2,2- hc tracking mid that is nc
1+2- I love this move, decent range, of played at max range then you are too far to be punished since it is only -11 and most decent punishers are 12. Stun on ch that can be escaped but I mainly use it to stop people in their tracks
2,1- good 12f punish, and a decent string to follow
3+4- low crush, safe, cannot be parried (someone else please test cuz I could not parry it)
Ff 3- great homing move
Uf 4,3- good close range whiff punisher that leads to great damage with TA
Fc df 2- good poke imo that leads to a combo on ch

Wall combo
Just her- I use ws 1,4 then oki
Her as a TA- I use 2
Ws 1,4,2-the opponent can tech the second hit but if they don't, it resets them and the original character can go for a second bound but cannot TA again
Uf 4,3- love this because usually an opponent against falls faster after every hit but this resets threat value. So if I had law, I know that after a single move bound, with no TA, it will take three moves before they start falling fast, if you do this TA combo it resets the value so I can hit law f1+2 b! TA Jun- uf 4,3 law 4,3 dss f3

If not used as a TA then I'll finish a wall combo with 1,1,4
Signature be predictable, apply your make up
attack without precision, practice with those of lesser skill
be impatient, learn from scrubs who are better than you
hardfighter
Dragon Lord
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Jason4579
According to ATP, Jun's 1+2 is i12. The damage isn't there, but it's (supposedly) -11 on block, +1 on hit and it give a breakable stun on CH.

I find that even some low level players break the stun as it's broken with either f_b. That's only when I use the move of course, which is rarely to seldom. It's not bad, but it's not worth the risk VS some characters who could punish and KD/wallsplat you if they were to block the move.

It's possible that 1+2 could be used to CH fish, followed by f+4 if you're successful.

There would be three possible outcomes for a CH 1+2 in high level play.

1. The stun isn't broken or you catch them in a BD/counter their attack. Results in a full juggle.

2. The stun is broken and f+4 is blocked. Good for pressure and you can keep up your offense with less difficulty.

3. The stun in broken and f+4 is crushed. Say goodbye to a chunk of your lifebar.

It's not too bad on terms of risk vs reward, but could become predictable quickly. Perhaps a blessing in disguise, as it would offer an oppertunity for a mix-up.

hmm good one .. will try it !!! (i play online so its really a good option)
Signature There is No God but ALLAH and Muhammad(PBUH) is the Last Prophet of Allah

Ketlord
hardfighter
Dragon Lord
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Would you like to explain wts the use of f+3 and d/f+2,2 ??

Also ss+4 is prefereble to ss+2?? i think 4 has less range though u get a juggle of CH

i will add can can kicks to my list .. and near wall b+2,2,1

Ketlord
g-clef_cannon
Shihan
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
not in order:

1) 1+2
2) hopkicks
3) SS+4
4) 1+4
5) b+2,1 strings
6) df+2,2
7) f+2
8) ff+3
9) 2,1 strings
10) grab/reversal

honorable mentions:
cartwheel and 3+4

Signature [Jun]Grace and Brawn
BenevolentWinds
7th Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
- b+4, 2
- d+3+4
- SS+4
- FC d/f+2
- f+2
- f+4
- f+3
- u/f+4, 3
- b+1+3/ b+2+4

Also love Genjitsu's additional low parry and throw counter. <3
Signature ♪ ~ ♫
MiyusRibbons
Virtuoso
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by hardfighter

Also ss+4 is prefereble to ss+2?? i think 4 has less range though u get a juggle of CH

i will add can can kicks to my list .. and near wall b+2,2,1

f+3 is a great ranged poke that can transition into either IZUI/GEN or her sidedash, its safe at -9 and +7 on hit/CH.

df+2,2 is her most damaging post bind ender, NC and binds. not really the best thing to throw out at -13.

SS+4 is probably Jun's best move, +5 on BLOCK!!! +7 on hit and a launch on CH, can use it as a great frame trap for CH juggles. SS+2 is unsafe, is just a straight KND although it does wall splat.
Signature Lili and Josie

Josie Juggles
MiyusRibbons
Virtuoso
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
just realised i haven't post one yet.

d+2 - safe CH launcher (-4), binds, hits grounded
b+4,2 - i13 punisher (-13), 2nd hit launches on CH
f+2 - probably the best whiff punisher in the game, able cancel into FC shenanigans
b+2,1 - safe poke (-9) with all her IZU/GEN/sidedash options, 4 extension launchers on CH
SS+4 - safe CH launcher, +5 on block gives great frame traps
WS+2,1 - safe (-6), NC mid option, gives a wall splat
ff+3 - safe homing move (-9), decent range and wall splats
uf+4,3 - hopkick type launcher with 2nd hit bind, great range
2,1, - safe (-6) i12 poke string with multiple options
df+1+2 - 1+2 break throw, gives her the best oki from a throw

notable
IZU - offensive stance, several strings, launchers, binds and a throw.
GEN - defensive stance, multiple +frame moves and 3 is a CH launches, auto throw break and low parry
FC df+2 - low poke (-11), CH launcher
FC df,d,df+1+2 (FR) - launching and taggable throw
Signature Lili and Josie

Josie Juggles
pdog305
Kyu
PSN: pdog305
XBL: pdog305
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by hardfighter

Df+2,2 is one of my oki options on wakeup. For example, after spiking your opponent df+2,2 will catch back and forward rollers for a reset, get up 3 or 4 also will also get beaten on CH and you get a juggle, side rollers will also get caught if they get up after side rolling since the first hit will whiff (and track). The only option is to stay down but Jun has a number of moves that hit grounded.

At the wall both ss+2 and df+2,2 will get you about 80-100 damage easy if you wall splat with ss+2 and bound with df+2,2. You can do stuff like df+3, 2,1 or ss+4 to set it up. If they block those strings you can ss to their weak side and ss+2 beats out a lot of options for the W!