Page Splits 12>
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
smashbro
Kyu
PSN: AssumedParasite1
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I am new to Miguel and new to Tekken so I don't really know who goes with him and all but at the moment I am using King. Leading with Miguel seems to lead to the best Damage combos at least to me. These combos also allow you to tag king in because the animation for his grabs last so long.

I just use two tag combos with them I will list them below.

Tag lead Miguel partner King
These combos also allow you to tag king in because the animation for his grabs last so long.

D/f+2, 1
d/f+1~F, Sav d/f+1,d/f+4,1, d/f+2,2 Tag (king) d+1+2, 1+2,1+2,2,1,3,4/fff+2+4/1+3

u/f+4_Sav d/f+2,d/f+4,1, d/f+2,2 Tag (king) d+1+2, 1+2,1+2,2,1,3,4/fff+2+4/1+3

So far this all I have used. As I said I am a completely new to Miguel as well as King,
Adanimo
2nd Dan
PSN: Adanimo
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
A couple of questions. Mig/Bry......Anybody know if this team has good synergy? and if they do in what ways do both the characters compliment each other: in terms of setups, juggle carrying, TA, etc. I can pull off a 91 dmg combo with this team when starting the combo with Bryans u/f+4.......a 83 dmg combo when starting with mig's u/f+4......

Last edited by Adanimo on Apr 25th, 2013 at 19:08

Signature .......
Follow me on Twitter.com/Adanimo_
I stream tekken and tournaments @ twitch.tv/adanimo
IcePhoenix
Iron Fist God
PSN: EmpireEight
XBL: John Grizzly
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
^ I'm thinking you should be able to get a bit more damage with your Mig/Bryan team considering they both do so much on their own. I don't play much Bryan anymore, though.

My main has been Miguel since the first days of T6. I run with the following currently:

Miguel/Bob - (Great team. They even have a specific tag throw exclusive to them. Mig's d/f+1+2~5 brings in Bob for another two hits) If anyone is interested in my combos for them, I'd be glad to post them.

Miguel/Jinpachi - (Damage like crazy) As stated above, if anyone wants my combos, I'm happy to share.

Lars/Miguel - I play Lars on point and then tag to Miguel for that additional red damage. His SAV stance transitions are amazing TA's. Nothing looks cooler than tagging Miguel in for his d/f+4,1~f SAV 1,2,1 into Lars' f,f,f+2+4.

Overall, Miguel is going to be great with any character due to his amazing damage and wall carries off his TA's. I'd venture to say he is without equal in the TA category.
Signature Santino Marella for President in '08
Kdubya469
Kyu
PSN: Kdubya_469
XBL: Kdubya469
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey Ice. I just started playing Miguel today. I would very much like to see some combos for Miguel/Bob along with Miguel/Jinpachi. Also was curious if anyone has used Miguel/Paul. Used them today and I felt they did pretty well together. Thank You.
smashbro
Kyu
PSN: AssumedParasite1
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
I saw a miguel/paul. and they seemed crazy together cause paul has his damage back. its insane as shit from when in ghost mode took half my life lol
Humble One
6th Dan
PSN: ItgFabo
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
Ice i guess Lars/Mig isn't a bad team thanks been having problem trying to find a fit for TA and all.
Signature
Ghost_Loco
Kyu
PSN: G_i-i_O_S_T
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm also new to tekken, will kind of, haven't played since I was a kid.

Anyways I'm really liking Miguel/Bryan... I've ran through almost all the characters looking to pair Miguel up with someone and I have had the most sucess with Bryan

Bryan seems to have the mixups while Miguel has the pressure, now remeber I'm still a rookie so I may be wrong, but this is what it seems like... also they both badass
Toshinjin
Nooblet.
PSN: foxlyfe
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by IcePhoenix Miguel/Jinpachi - (Damage like crazy) As stated above, if anyone wants my combos, I'm happy to share

Please do. Currently looking for a Jinpachi partner, and am thinking Miguel.
Signature
Jordyce
Planet Robobear
PSN: Jordyce
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
So far I only play Miguel/Wang, but if anyone would like information on Wang, Bears or Rolex as a tag partner, I don't mind taking a look into them. Any other character I'll probably be blost.
Signature www.twitter.com/jordyce [you know what to do]
Toshinjin
Nooblet.
PSN: foxlyfe
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by IcePhoenix Miguel/Jinpachi - (Damage like crazy) As stated above, if anyone wants my combos, I'm happy to share

Signature
DirtyMusic
Sage
PSN: AryaJustArya
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm having a lot of success running Steve / Miguel. Generally as a rule of thumb I like to have my first character keep them honest by punishing them hard for pressing buttons, be it with counters (Steve) or whiffs (Kazuya) and then have my second character random them out with raw damage, which Miguel excels at.

Steve has amazing damage potential and is great at the start. Sometimes get the round before they even manage to tag. He has problems though with turtles if the opponent has the life lead and that's where Miguel comes in. Miguel is your crutch and as everyone here should know, can take the round in seconds with a few simple pokes in rage. He also covers Steve's range and whiff punishment issues well with his long sexy Spanish legs. dat hopkick. I'll occasionally have Miguel first though, especially against better players, to try and wear them down with pokes.

Go to youtube and check out Bohee to see how effective this team can be. I'm sure NYCfab is probably running it too.

Last edited by DirtyMusic on Oct 13th, 2012 at 13:41

DaedeM
Kyu
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
How would Ancient Ogre / Miguel work? I want to start playing AO, and always thought Miguel was cool in T6 (though never played). Just wondering how they'd pair up together. Miguel's TA d/f+1, 2 > AO's u/f 3, 4, 3+4 is really easy to hit and looks awesome.
DirtyMusic
Sage
PSN: AryaJustArya
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
And if your tourney / boredom tolerance allows it, solo Miguel is a really legit option. He has that great backdash to turtle when he wants to recover life, very well rounded character with moves to deal with any situation (low & high crush, block & whiff punishment, good wall carry, decent jabs, shoulder barge one of the best tag punishers in the game etc) and most of his strings do huge damage and leave you at +frames in their face, so they can't tag crash out. He just takes rounds out of nowhere.

Last edited by DirtyMusic on Oct 13th, 2012 at 11:30

Dead man Inc.
Iron Fist God
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by IcePhoenix
^ I'm thinking you should be able to get a bit more damage with your Mig/Bryan team considering they both do so much on their own. I don't play much Bryan anymore, though.

My main has been Miguel since the first days of T6. I run with the following currently:

Miguel/Bob - (Great team. They even have a specific tag throw exclusive to them. Mig's d/f+1+2~5 brings in Bob for another two hits) If anyone is interested in my combos for them, I'd be glad to post them.

Miguel/Jinpachi - (Damage like crazy) As stated above, if anyone wants my combos, I'm happy to share.

Lars/Miguel - I play Lars on point and then tag to Miguel for that additional red damage. His SAV stance transitions are amazing TA's. Nothing looks cooler than tagging Miguel in for his d/f+4,1~f SAV 1,2,1 into Lars' f,f,f+2+4.

Overall, Miguel is going to be great with any character due to his amazing damage and wall carries off his TA's. I'd venture to say he is without equal in the TA category.

Jinpachi/ Miguel is currently my main now
And as you said damage is crazy
Signature Galit sa bawi <MSGN>
Ratboo <MSGN>
kARUMALDUMAL <MSGN>
Dead man Inc.
Iron Fist God
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Toshinjin

Good staples
Jinpachi d/f2 df1,1 df3,1 B! TA Mig df1~SAV 1,2,1 Jinpachi dash to air throw

Miguel d/f/2,1 or uf4, df1~SAV df1 df2,2 B! Jinpachi u/b1,2 ~fly 3,4 Miguel dash 2+3
Signature Galit sa bawi <MSGN>
Ratboo <MSGN>
kARUMALDUMAL <MSGN>
DirtyUncle
Kyu
PSN: DirtyUncle
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by IcePhoenix

Please share the combos! This would make my day as this is my main team but I'm having problems with optimized combos for them.
Signature "Only two things in life are certain...Death & Taxes (and me whiffing iSW)"
One Inch Punch
2nd Dan
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
Hi everyone I'm very new to Miguel and I would like to do a Miguel/Lars tag team. If anyone plays Miguel/Lars could they please post the best combos. Thanks
Signature "No style, no form."
Tomattos
Kyu
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
For what I've been reading in Asuka's forum, she is very weak against strong turtling. Is Miguel good at breaking a good defense??... also if anyone have general tips on this team I would be really happy to read them !!
Requiem1983
Raijin
PSN: Requiem1983
XBL: Leoncoeur
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
I have recently discovered that Raven is amazing when paired with Miguel. Litterally of my combos so far do over 90 damage with no wall. Raven was a main for myself in tekken 5 and 6 and im surprised how well they work and thought i'd share... just for example

Miguel u/f4, iWS1 ~f SAV u/f3, d/f1 ~f SAV 2 B! T! SSL, b1+2,3, Back to miguel ff2,1 is around 90 damage

or if you want to show off

Miguel d/f2,1 ~5 to raven b2,2 BT 3+4 ~5 to miguel, SAV 2 B! T! SSL b1+2, 3, Back to miguel dash f,f2,1 for around 95

Ravens 2 hit filler is amazing, hits hard and with the ssl before hand it doesn't knock them away making a ff2,2 or in some cases ff2,1 very easy to land.

I for one love the combination of a brawler with a tricky ninja. Let me know what you think

Last edited by Requiem1983 on Nov 19th, 2012 at 20:30

Signature For what profit is it to a man if he gains the world and loses his own soul.
Odysseus2
Kyu
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Dragunov. Nuff' said.
Signature You know where you are? This is Iron Fist!
Yeah, yeah. Shut up already.