Ask a Question, Learn the Way of the Dragon!

Page Splits <1234>...7
Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Kuroi
1st Dan
#21 “Quote” Edit Post
hello everyone, just bought the game and registered here.

this is the first tekken i'm playing since tekken 3, i'm so freaking noob lol i just played street fighter for more than 10 years so it's a lil hard to get used to this, so i would ask you something:

i'm playing as bryan/f.law, i spent a lot of time in training with bryan and i'm starting to understand him, read few safe moves and juggle around and ok.

now f.law is the problem, i didn't find any info about his safe moves or simple juggles, or perhaps some info about how to play him, tactics and movements and stuff... when i tag into him i go into panic, i don't know what to do, i find myself throwing random kicks and i hate it ...

can anyone help me with it please?
<sAInt_D3m0n>
Deity
#22 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by LoneWolf69
Did anybody already use that back step sway to evade certain kind of moves from the opposition? Which moves can be evaded?

only tried it against DJ's hellsweep, the low whiffed, and blocked the 2nd hit, disclaimer, there was already little space between us (space so little that a DJ would be tempted to attempt a HS), cant guarantee a 100% evade on this one.
Signature
JonoZero
4th Dan
PSN: Jdeadevil
#23 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys could someone give me some tips on fighting spammers, especially when they're using Ganryu and Kuzuya when he's using that weird spin-kick attack? Thanks.

Last edited by JonoZero on Sep 28th, 2012 at 05:44

VargasTheSick
Tekken God
PSN: VargasTheSick
#24 “Quote” Edit Post
Anyone know the notation for the Forest and Paul special combo off of Forests f, 2~1 ?

Last edited by VargasTheSick on Sep 28th, 2012 at 18:36

Signature " Come back when you've learned how to fight. "
Jiraiya-Sama23
Shihan
PSN: Jiraiya-Sama2390
#25 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by VargasTheSick
Anyone know the notation for the Forest and Paul special combo off of Forests f, 2~1 ?

f+2~1~5, 2,2, 1
Signature I walk my own path, regardless of what direction other men take.

Ling of New Orleans
SendMaster
Kyu
#26 “Quote” Edit Post
Has anyone paired forest with lei? Although, its not on the allegiance chart but lei is +1 for forest but not the other way around.

Would love to here some tech based on those two as a team.

Thanks

Last edited by SendMaster on Sep 29th, 2012 at 23:09

Onizuk@
Legend
#27 “Quote” Edit Post
What about his f+4,3? It does more damage just like his dads version, and it seems to have better tracking. So a f+4,3,4 is far more consistent than 4,3,4 as a juggle ender. Can anybody confirm this?
Signature TTT2U Paul punishment thread: "No pain, no gain."
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum...threadid=128452
The most complete punishment thread on TZ.
"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."
Sun Tzu 孫子; Sūn Zǐ; (c. 6th century BCE)
JonoZero
4th Dan
#28 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Onizuk@
What about his f+4,3? It does more damage just like his dads version, and it seems to have better tracking. So a f+4,3,4 is far more consistent than 4,3,4 as a juggle ender. Can anybody confirm this?

Yeah I've noticed this, combos seem to pull off better when there's an extra F at the front.
Onizuk@
Legend
#29 “Quote” Edit Post
@JonoZero: I see. So it is similar to f+1 jabs which have better tracking than jabs without tapping f.
And f+1+3, f+2+4 throws have better range.

Did you found TA filler as good as u/f~n+3,4? My main is Paul, 2nd is Forest. u/f~n+3,4 is one the best TA fillers I've seen so far. It does shitload of damage and you can easily follow up with some ff+X or qcf+X moves.
Example: PAU: d/f+2, f+2, f+2, b+1,2~5 [TA!] LAW: u/f~n+3,4 , PAU: ff, qcf+2
"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."
JonoZero
4th Dan
#30 “Quote” Edit Post
It's the same with Leo, his/her first sample combo connects better with [F+1, 2] instead of just [1, 2]. The reason I only put an extra F at the start of [1, 2] was because all her other moves within that sample combo were reversed for other moves. I don't see any technical proof with the rate of damage but I've noticed there's less forward momentum when you add the extra F, but I remember it was the same on previous Tekken games for most characters I played.

Edit: Aha! Found it. I'm crap with writing notations so bare with me, but I've noticed this gives two extra damage points if you include the F into [4, U+3] making it [F+4, U+3] and [4, 3, 4] making it [F+4, 3, 4].

Forest Law: [B+1, 2, 1 >> F+4, U+3 >> B+2, 2 >> Dash >> F+4, 3, 4] -- (108)

Last edited by JonoZero on Sep 30th, 2012 at 19:48

switchplaya
1st Dan
PSN: SwitchPlaya
XBL: xSwitchPlayax
#31 “Quote” Edit Post
how do you go about landing his 4,3,4 after his ff+4,3 bound i find it really hard to do
Signature 金属猴
JonoZero
4th Dan
#32 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by switchplaya
how do you go about landing his 4,3,4 after his ff+4,3 bound i find it really hard to do

Try and press F in rhythm three times and let go a split-second before 4,3,4 if that makes sense. Another tip would be to make sure the dash before ff+4,3 is as long as possible, it's all about mixing the ratio of distance and how low down their legs are after a bound, lol. It's a very awkward combo, there's no simple answer
Zukatoki
1st Dan
#33 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by switchplaya
Delay the ff+4,3 abit after the move/string, whatever you do before ff+4,3. Then just walk abit forward and do 4,3,4. Also, you can watch your opp.'s legs after a bound and time the 4,3,4 that way.
smashing
1st Dan
#34 “Quote” Edit Post
Does Law have any tech traps?
JonoZero
4th Dan
#35 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by smashing
Does Law have any tech traps?

Yep!

d/b+4
math_law
Champion
PSN: math_law_tr
#36 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by JonoZero
Yep!

d/b+4

No. there is no guaranteed Low tech catch since from T5DR

You still can catch with , b+2 , ws+4 and alike mids those backrollers.
Signature okaradeli is my previous nickname on TZ...
Visit Turkey Tekken academy
www.tekken-turkey.com
Nilopilo
Master
#37 “Quote” Edit Post
what is the best move to do, if you know they will techroll?
Signature intellimien, NORWAY GOT YA BACK!
JonoZero
4th Dan
#38 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by math_law
No. there is no guaranteed Low tech catch since from T5DR

You still can catch with , b+2 , ws+4 and alike mids those backrollers.

I didn't think it had to have a 100% change of trapping your opponent. Someone listed his d/b+4 as a tech trap once for T5 with Marshall Law still saying it would work only up until the point the opponent changes their getting up strategy.
KuruptNightmare
4th Dan
XBL: KuruptNightmare
#39 “Quote” Edit Post
This question may seem noobish since everyone is asking about the 4,3,4 connecting at the end of his combos but I'm having more problems consistently getting the ff+4,3 to connect properly into the combo. Any tips?
Onizuk@
Legend
#40 “Quote” Edit Post
@KuruptNightmare: Button buffering might help you.

example: d/f+2, 4~u+3, ff+4,3, f+4,3,4

I input the f,f+4,3 as fast possible or input f just before the animation of your pre-bound filler ends. Then input ff+4,3 to get close enough for your juggle ender.

Are you playing on a Xbox pad or arcade stick?