Ask a Question, Learn the Way of the Dragon!

Page Splits 123>...7
Share This Topic
Share
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
forest16
ForestTekkenVideos
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 3808
From: Canada
PSN: Forest613
XBL: ForestSkies
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
Ask your Forest Law questions, and the Dragon shall respond with an answer.

Frame data: http://rbnorway.org/forest-ttt2-frames/

Last edited by forest16 on Apr 5th, 2013 at 10:29

EndTimes
Dragon Lord
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 843
From: United States
PSN: Shottanuhmis
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
Finally this is here I did not want to make my own thread or anything but he did not have a thread for questions.

Originally posted by TonyDmajer
DF2/Uf4/WS2:

4U3; 3+4, ff4,3B! 434 - 82/84/90 dmg

4U3; 3+4, ff4,3B! ff2,1,3 - 76/78/84 dmg (easy)

4U3; 3+4, ff4,3B! ff4,3 - 72/74/80 dmg with spike


I did not get that doing 4U3; 3+4, ff4,3B! ff2,1,3 - 76 for me. hmm I'll practice it some more. Now that I have finnally seen somewhat damage decent now I am trying to incorporate my Alisa I might have just found a tag partner. Anyone got a decent top 10 forest law moves?

ahh I forgot 3+4 completely. after 3+4 ff+4 is hard to hit its like i am frozen


Originally posted by STK
the sample combo for forest uf4~ws4,432B! dash 434 is solid at 85
df2 4~u3 dash 3+4 b22B! dash 434 at 75. i translated that one of off ina. currently my staple.
df2 4~u3 dash 2_dash 1,2_dash 2, dash 1,ff43b! ff214 another staple of mine for wall carry into wall combo.

also ff43b! is heard to work off of db44 and ss3+4 any one mess with it? havnt goten it to hit yet. the other player rolls right out of it.

also ws3 is +1? anyone agree?


how are you dashing in between 4~u3 and 3+4 ???????? Thats one of the problems I have with tekken I dont get how you can dash between certian moves and it feels like 1 frame or I can't move at all.


New Questions Certian moves require like !b dash insert move now my problem comes from not when you need a move like ff+2 but when you need a move like f+2 in the example after the dash its like its buffering a extra f so ff+2 comes out instead of f+2? Ideas.
Signature Yuh know fi mek a ras clot dumpling?
Kiss mi granny mi know fi do it!
LoneWolf69
One Maxi, One Troll
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 3734
From: Germany
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
Can it be that Forest Law's jab is rather short, or is it just my imagination?
Signature Huge hairy knee massage from behind and boobs milking for free B***tches!
Ooooh yyyesss!!!!!!!
Oho, HHyyyyeessss!!!!
Real law
Frank White
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 6331
From: USA New York
PSN: CAAB_Real_Law
XBL: King Of New York
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
ws3 is not +1 , its like -8 but still an awesome move, prolly one of the reasons i play forest rather marshal now.
Signature You think your world is safe. It is an illusion, A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace. For I have returned to have my vengeance. So, Shall we begin?
CALM AS A BOMB!!
real law
A Horsemen Till The Day I Die ! <4H>

Shinjin
Iron Fist God
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 2867
From: England
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
How do you do jabs after law/pauls f+2~1~5, 2,2 combo?, i think in ttt1 is was qcf+1,2 but i'm not having much luck.
Signature Bruck him for souf east, blud

look man the move doesnt track sidestep, but if you sidestep it will hit you
steves b+1 isint safe because it only auto guards high and mid, but you can cancel it and block all lows
Jaycees u/f+4,3 is launch punishable on block but if you try to punish it the 1 follow-up will hit you
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 843
From: United States
PSN: Shottanuhmis
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
I am having a huge problems with any staples with him. That deal + 72 off d/f+2 I can't connect 434 easily for some reason.
Signature Yuh know fi mek a ras clot dumpling?
Kiss mi granny mi know fi do it!
JonoZero
4th Dan
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 48
From: United Kingdom
PSN: Jdeadevil
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
I have a few questions..

- Is it physically possible to do most of Forest's sample juggles on the longest delay setting in practice/online? I'm actually having some trouble doing them without any delay setting, if anyone has any tips on how to do these, specially the ones with 434 at the end I would be extremely grateful.

- Other than the added health, is there any added benefit with using Marshall Law as a tag partner (for example, tag assaults)? It's just because the moves are pretty much the same, I find it's a pretty redundant idea doing tag assaults other than to show-off when I'm mopping the floor with my opponents online.

- Can someone give me some memorising tips for his juggles? I keep ending up going back to the old habit of using the same two powerful ones like some sort of spammer, so I want to get a good few memorised. It makes me feel like I have a memory like a fish when I forget certain moves that would get me out of situations, or juggles that I forgot looked cool.

I guess that's all of my problems for Forest Law for the time being! Lol, besides the fact he can't do DSS, I find him much a much more convenient character than Marshall Law.
St. George
Lee of Campbelltown
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 6961
From: Australia
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by JonoZero
I have a few questions..

- Is it physically possible to do most of Forest's sample juggles on the longest delay setting in practice/online? I'm actually having some trouble doing them without any delay setting, if anyone has any tips on how to do these, specially the ones with 434 at the end I would be extremely grateful.

- Other than the added health, is there any added benefit with using Marshall Law as a tag partner (for example, tag assaults)? It's just because the moves are pretty much the same, I find it's a pretty redundant idea doing tag assaults other than to show-off when I'm mopping the floor with my opponents online.

- Can someone give me some memorising tips for his juggles? I keep ending up going back to the old habit of using the same two powerful ones like some sort of spammer, so I want to get a good few memorised. It makes me feel like I have a memory like a fish when I forget certain moves that would get me out of situations, or juggles that I forgot looked cool.

I guess that's all of my problems for Forest Law for the time being! Lol, besides the fact he can't do DSS, I find him much a much more convenient character than Marshall Law.


1: It's possible to do any combo on the delay simulation settings. Trick is to just input the combo from muscle memory as though there were no lag, not in response to what you see on the screen.

2: What added health? But no.

3: Practice. Muscle memory. Do them over and over and over.
Signature Flushking.
Jiraiya-Sama23
Shihan
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 117
From: USA Louisiana
PSN: Jiraiya-Sama2390
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by EndTimes
I am having a huge problems with any staples with him. That deal + 72 off d/f+2 I can't connect 434 easily for some reason.


You probably have to dash in deep then do 4,3,4
Signature I walk my own path, regardless of what direction other men take.

Ling of New Orleans
JonoZero
4th Dan
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 48
From: United Kingdom
PSN: Jdeadevil
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by St. George
1: It's possible to do any combo on the delay simulation settings. Trick is to just input the combo from muscle memory as though there were no lag, not in response to what you see on the screen.

2: What added health? But no.

3: Practice. Muscle memory. Do them over and over and over.


Muscle memory? I'll remember that term. And not literally increased health, but another Law with a separate health bar.

Thanks St. George
EndTimes
Dragon Lord
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 843
From: United States
PSN: Shottanuhmis
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
what are forest laws pokes?
Signature Yuh know fi mek a ras clot dumpling?
Kiss mi granny mi know fi do it!
ReNikon
Insult Vampire
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1708
From: USA New York
PSN: renikon
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Can it be that Forest Law's jab is rather short, or is it just my imagination?
-Forest's standing 1 jab is huge.

I am having a huge problems with any staples with him. That deal + 72 off d/f+2 I can't connect 434 easily for some reason.
-After bound, dash into f434 (think of it as ff,f434) is a bit harder, but more consistent plus deals an extra point of damage. Practice it.

what are forest laws pokes?
-Mids: df1, b4, b2, df4
Lows: db3, d4, d3+4, d1
Signature TeamBonklers
AzureWanderings
6th Dan
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 68
From: USA Arizona
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Yeah, I'm one of those people who has trouble landing 4,3,4 at the end of combos. Namely after any bound attack that isn't b+2,2 or f+2,2,2. I just can't seem to land it consistently. I try to dash into f+4,3,4 but if I do it too quickly, f,f+4 comes out. Do it too late and it just whiffs. HIGHLY annoying especially since f,f+4,3 does the same thing as b+2,2 but with more damage. b+2,2 feels obsolete as a bound attack because of that.
Ranu91
6th Dan
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 71
From: United Kingdom
PSN: Ranu1991
XBL: Ranu91
#14 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by AzureWanderings
Yeah, I'm one of those people who has trouble landing 4,3,4 at the end of combos. Namely after any bound attack that isn't b+2,2 or f+2,2,2. I just can't seem to land it consistently. I try to dash into f+4,3,4 but if I do it too quickly, f,f+4 comes out. Do it too late and it just whiffs. HIGHLY annoying especially since f,f+4,3 does the same thing as b+2,2 but with more damage. b+2,2 feels obsolete as a bound attack because of that.


hi, try this input to land forest laws 434 more consistently - F neutral FF - you should nail it every time with this command.
Signature PEWGF LAUNCH FTW
JonoZero
4th Dan
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 48
From: United Kingdom
PSN: Jdeadevil
#15 “Quote” Edit Post
You can also try doing a tag assault with Marshall Law as-well to make it less painfully difficult. Press TAG when bounding someone and then carry on the combo with Marshall and you'll get the same amount of damage taken from them, with maybe one point more/less. You could also start doing the same combo with Marshall Law and then finish it with Forest. I've personally found this to make it quite easier, although it is running away from the problem.
<sAInt_D3m0n>
Deity
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 665
From: Philippines
#16 “Quote” Edit Post
Hey guys, been messing around with forest. so who's the best character to partner with him? aside from his dad?

- u,u/b is quite interesting, if you get hit by an attack while doing it, it would be counted as if he was hit in the air, or "float" status, good thing about this is that on the few times you get hit, you'll usually be too far away to be juggled. evaded Dj's hellsweep low part, then blocked the 2nd hit with this move. pretty cool, and this prolly makes him distinct from his dad.
Signature
JonoZero
4th Dan
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 48
From: United Kingdom
PSN: Jdeadevil
#17 “Quote” Edit Post
That would be a matter of opinion, for me I think Paul and Leo are good tag partners besides Marshall Law. But that's only because I play as them as-well sometimes. xD
LoneWolf69
One Maxi, One Troll
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 3734
From: Germany
#18 “Quote” Edit Post
Did anybody already use that back step sway to evade certain kind of moves from the opposition? Which moves can be evaded?
Signature Huge hairy knee massage from behind and boobs milking for free B***tches!
Ooooh yyyesss!!!!!!!
Oho, HHyyyyeessss!!!!
Kuroshi
Kyu
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
#19 “Quote” Edit Post
So from what I've been reading on the forums, I still don't understand if Forest has DSS or not lol. Can anyone confirm this?
Oren
Destroyer
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 385
#20 “Quote” Edit Post
Forest has no DSS. after manual parry u only got frame advantage, nothing guaranteed
the back step sway evades some moves but has slow recovery, u r better off with backdash cancel.
ff+3; ff+2,1,3; 4,3,4; b+3+4 can be cancellable by holding b, but recovery is also slow.
4,3,4 the last mini legend kick has really big hitbox
Signature Everything that can be parried will be parried

 All times are GMT. The time now is 09:24

Page Splits 123>...7
Moderator Tools
Forum Jump