Share This Topic
Subscribe/Jump Subscribe This Topic
< >
Rain of Death
Raijin
PSN: DaLaziGamer
#1 “Quote” Edit Post
I'm making this quick guide the people who are interested in learning Paul

1+3 Basic left throw (35 damage). Leaves opponent face up, head toward you. Use d+1 or db+3

2+4 Basic right throw (35 damage).Leaves opponent face up, head toward but also leaves you lying on your back as well. Either roll back or do b,b+1+2(spring kick). Though it's better to play safe with a simple back roll.

Left side throw (45 damage). Use db+3 afterwards.

Right side throw (40 damage) Just defend, opponent gets up too quickly from this throw.

Either back throw (50 damage) 2+4 looks cooler though.

2+4~b (40 damage) knocks opponent away. Plenty of distance to safely tag out. Does 44 damage on wall hit, no combo though.

df+1+2 (40 damage) Leaves opponent face up, head away. Good throw to use when pressuring. Use d+1 afterwards.

df+1+3: qcf+2 (40 damage). Input qcf+2 as soon as the first punch hits. You will get blue sparks and you have the full throw. If no blue sparks come out the qcf+2 part is blocked. If opponent's back it near the wall you can do afterwards: d+1,4,2 (65 damage), d4:2:1+2 (70 damage), b+1,2 B! d+1~b, 2 (80 damage)
Be careful of odd angles at the wall or combos will whiff. This throw can also do a balcony break. A special tag throw can be done when teamed with Forest Law, Bryan, or Steve.

b+1+4 (40 damage; 44 on wall) A special tag throw can be done with Forest or Marshall Law and does red life damage. (Must have shirt item equipped. Works with all characters)

ff+1+2 (38 damage). Causes far knock back. This throw can tag with anyone. Wall Combo: Law f+1+2 B!, uf+4,3. Also causes balcony break. Be careful if this throw is escaped near a wall, you'll get wall comboed. A special throw can be done when teamed with Kuma

db+1+2 (tackle). I don't recommend using this much, but if you do go for 1+2(arm break), or Ultimate Punishment. UP can easily be broke with the opponent pressing 1 and they can escape arm break with 1+2. Never use 1,2,1,2 as it's worthless.

Ultimate Punishment (61 damage): After tackle 2, d1,1~4,2,1+2(enter this quickly in between 2nd and 3rd punch). You can't mash 2 anymore. 2,1,1 must be done exactly and needs to be at the same flow with how the punches sound, except your inputs must come a little ahead of the actual punches hitting, then 4,2,1+2 is quickly entered before the third punch.

Special Item Tag: With T-Shirt equipped do b+1+4. Works with anyone as Paul's partner. 40 damage.

If there's any tag throws I'm missing, let me know. I'm sure everything has been covered.

Last edited by USMCOgre on Oct 11th, 2012 at 01:52

Signature "Oh how sweet it is!"
PaulIsStevesDad
1st Dan
#2 “Quote” Edit Post
df+1+3~5 can be done with Bryan, Steve and Forest but not Marshall
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#3 “Quote” Edit Post
df+1+3:qcf2 the spark version guaranteed the deathfist afterwards, no spark, opponent can block it
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
Rain of Death
Raijin
#4 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by PaulIsStevesDad
df+1+3~5 can be done with Bryan, Steve and Forest but not Marshall

Ah, thanks. I've tried all of them also. I love the Forest one. I'm surprised Marshall does not have one for df+1+3. Also for Bryan users this tag throw gives an automatic taunt which sets him up for the blue sparks f,f+2

There is also a special tag throw for Kuma using f,f+1+2+5 (38 damage)

Originally posted by [~DTC~]
df+1+3:qcf2 the spark version guaranteed the deathfist afterwards, no spark, opponent can block it

Okay thanks I'll edit my main post with this info. This throw should be limited to walls or the three character specific tag throws. qcf+1+3, qcf+2 isn't worth it and probably jab punishable.

Also does anyone know how to get Paul's item move throw shown in the item moves video? Thanks.
[~DTC~]
Combo Derper
XBL: Nor 360 =S
#5 “Quote” Edit Post
-15 if deathfist part is blocked
Signature &// - Dragon - Tiger - Crane -DTC
USMCOgre
Money Inc.
PSN: MoneyIncUSMCOgre
#6 “Quote” Edit Post
After ff1+2 ~5 with Ancient Ogre, you can do crd333. If they try to stand up they eat the whole string and launcher in the back.

ff1+2~5 in general sets up decent oki situations for the incoming character
Signature The search for equality is a search for the lowest common denominator...
verandion
Virtuoso
PSN: Skeez
#7 “Quote” Edit Post
with the T-Shirt item b+1+4 becomes a tag throw. Shout outs to GUC.
Signature Who do I talk to about a name change on TZ?
Still Play:

If you add me on PSN, make sure you tell me it's from TZ.
Rain of Death
Raijin
#8 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by verandion
with the T-Shirt item b+1+4 becomes a tag throw. Shout outs to GUC.

Thank, I've been trying to figure out how to do that throw for awhile. I wish it wasn't limited to a single clothing item though. The T-Shirt is unlocked from playing ghost battle after like 100+ matches.

Paul's b+1+4 works with every character, but it looks a bit silly with characters like Ganryu, Kuma, Ogre, etc. This seems more like a throw meant for King/Armor King, doing a backflip on that table , but where da fuck does Paul get that table from anyway? But still it's pretty hilarious and worth unlocking

It's a 40 damage red life 2-button escape throw. Better than the standard tag throw.

I've update my main post with this, plus a better description of the Ultimate Punishment.

Last edited by Rain of Death on Oct 11th, 2012 at 01:31

Toshinjin
Nooblet.
PSN: foxlyfe
#9 “Quote” Edit Post
What are the speed of each of the throws? That would be handy too.
Signature
Runemaster
Iron Fist God
#10 “Quote” Edit Post
Ugh.. why do they have to change the timing for his Ultimate Punishment?
It's so unnecessary hard to pull off right now.

Anybody got any advice on the timing?
I only got it like 2 from 10 tries. :/
Cornwallace
Champion
PSN: Cornwillis
#11 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Runemaster

Try this:
Start with 2, d
Wait for Paul to raise his arm for the punch, and then input 1,1,4,1~2 quickly - releasing down after the second 1 input. I tend to pull it off about 90% of the time this way.
Shinjin
Iron Fist God
#12 “Quote” Edit Post
Originally posted by Runemaster

it's actually not as hard as you think, they just changed a few things and once you get used to it it'll be easy again.
as you take them to the ground press D and tap 2,1,1, then let go of down and press 4, then press and buffer 1 then press the 2 while still holding 1.
Signature Bruck him for souf east, blud

look man the move doesnt track sidestep, but if you sidestep it will hit you
steves b+1 isint safe because it only auto guards high and mid, but you can cancel it and block all lows
Jaycees u/f+4,3 is launch punishable on block but if you try to punish it the 1 follow-up will hit you
Sugar Free
Raijin
#13 “Quote” Edit Post
Shouldn't it be included that d/f+1+3 alone deals 20 damage and leaves them standing at distance 1 and at -9 frames?